Start by marking “Death of the Spirit (Crossing Death #2)” as Want to Read:
Death of the Spirit (Crossing Death #2)

Death of the Spirit

(Crossing Death #2)

I have no idea who I am anymore.

In Los Angeles, I would have given anything to go home to Orenda, my world where magic was alive and nature spoke to me. Now that I'm back I feel out of place, burdened with responsibility. The human part of me misses the simplicity of Earth, the mage part begs for connection with magic, and the demon part? I don't want to admit that exists.
Published March 13th 2015 by Orenda Press

Jams
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
---Advanced Copy Review---

Every once in a while you come a cross an author that makes you want to hear everything they have to say.

The end of "Death of a Spirit" makes me want to show up at Rick Chiantaretto's house on Monday morning with mop and dust rag in hand. It makes me want to tell him, "Don't you worry your pretty little head about mundane things like laundry and dishes. I'll take care of it all. You go write your next book."

Seriously, Mr Chiantaretto, don't make me go all "Misery" on
Bree Pearsall
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*Advanced Reader Copy*

I have a million things I want to say about this book, and all of them are fighting for rights to be mentioned first. I had no idea, once upon a short time ago in a land not far away, who Rick Chiantaretto was and what his book - Death of the Body - was all about. But then I met a wonderful blogger who casually mentioned I should read it. I owe her. A lot.

Death of the Spirit expanded on the world created in Death of the Body in ways I couldn't imagine. Edmund's world is ama
Verna Loves Books
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Death of the Spirit by Rick Chiantaretto gave me FIVE SPINE TINGLING STARS!!

Death of the Spirit left me terrified and looking for shadows while reading it. The beginning of the story pulled me in and had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. By the end of the book I found myself blown away and left in shock and awe at this brilliant second book to the series. Could Edmund really become evil? This is just one of the many questions I’m left pondering after an ending that left me speech
Cap'n Heather.....Aarrrrrrr
*Advanced Reader Copy*

Review to come.....

but what I can say....is.... OH MY GOD RICK! You've grown in this book. Hurry with #3!
Denise Van plew
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Not knowing what to really expect since I have learned that this author is original, with great anticipation I began this one. Not often anymore do I stray away from romance but with very few,especially with all the movie techno now a days rather watch. But since I began this journey had to take the next step and see where this author would take me next. Edmund is now on a different level but yet has lots to learn. Reconnecting is another thing that will come often too. His personality will be d ...more
Peri
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The story gets better and better! I enjoyed the plot twists, seeing the relationship between characters and places develop. A great sequel and a great read - even if you haven't read the first book.
Cannot wait for the next book!
Helena Ison
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever struggled to write a review simply because you felt there weren’t enough words in the universe that could describe how fantastic a book really is? I am having that problem with Death of the Spirit. There’s so much I want to say, but the words just don’t seem to do the book justice. I’m going to try again because I seriously need someone to understand just how much I loved this book! There’s something about Rick’s writing that abductions the reader and transports them to a world of ...more
Patricia
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It is a pleasure to have the opportunity to read and review Death of the Spirit by Rick Chiantaretto. Death of the Spirit is the second book in the Crossing Death Series. I found it most necessary to read book one, Death of the Body, to understand the progression of events through Death of the Spirit.

Mr. Chiantaretto is a master of the dark suspense.

His characters are well developed and the worlds that they inhabit are filled with details that only a master could supply. My attention is sometime
Jennifer Treviño
A masterpiece of chaos & intrigue!,
Holy Wow! Every time I've attempted to put my thoughts & feelings on this book into words it seemed unworthy. There is so much going on here that it's difficult to portray without giving away much. Simply put, it's a masterpiece of chaos & intrigue. I loved Death of the Body, & totally expected to enjoy Death of the Spirit just as much. What I did not expect ... to feel my heart & soul ripped into the most minute morsels only to be pieced b
Kathy
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A very well constructed series so far. I'm very much looking forward to book 3 in the series to see how this works out.
Jenn Sut
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Death of the spirit
By Rick Chiantaretto

I was given a book in exchange for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

Edmund is back to his original homeland Orenda, but it is no longer the same. He can no longer understand the trees. He is given a place to live and a domestic, who happens to be his mother. This is no longer the place of his childhood. He still has so many questions, and there is so much confusion. Edmund misses his human friends
Laurie P
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015

I was given this book for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS

Gee whiz!! After reading "Death of the Body", this book went in a totally different direction than what I was expecting. This author knows how to keep you coming back for more!

How many levels of heaven and hell are there? Are they really separate levels or do they overlap? Does one have to experience them all to reach the final destination?

Edmund has gone f
Randi
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Death of The Spirit is the follow up to the amazing book Death of The Body, and after reading it I am happy to say that it's just as entertaining as the first.

This book pulls you in right from the start and doesn't want to let you go. Even once it's over, this is the kind of story that leaves you speechless and constantly thinking about what might come next.

Normally with books you have an idea what what's going on or what's going to happen, but with this story there are so many different twists
Becky Cox
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Poor Edmund/Alexander. Every time he thinks he has things figured out, a wrench is thrown in the story and he is left scrambling.

Death of the Spirit continues from Death of the Body and Edmund trying to stop Joshua and save his family and friends. The end is a huge twist. I don't know if Rick intends to write more in this series but I surely hope so.

Edmund's demon side is giving him some trouble controlling as it grows stronger. He makes some decisions that could effect his relationships. I few
~ Stephanie Lynn ~
Mar 26, 2015
kathleen strong
Oct 25, 2015
At last! 1 2 Nov 14, 2014 07:42PM
I've often been accused of having done more in my life than the average person my age, but if I were completely honest I'd have to tell you my secret: I'm really 392.

So after all this time, I'm a pretty crappy writer.

I'm the author of the Crossing Death series and Facade of Shadows , as well as 'Tailored for the King,' a short story found in Twice Upon a Time . I have a bunch more half-written

Crossing Death (2 books)
  • Death of the Body (Crossing Death #1)