Start by marking “Beast of Burden (The Hidden Blood Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beast of Burden (The Hidden Blood Series, #2)

Beast of Burden (The Hidden Blood Series #2)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  21 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Pack Leaders who were allies at the time of the Vikings, had rings made to remind them of who they were and what they stood for. Weremen of peace, justice and loyalty. We try to stand by that principle.

After the attempt on Nik's life, he and Jaz leave Deer Creek to escape the dangers and judgements on both their heads. But many are determined to find them and drag them bac
Kindle Edition, First, 320 pages
Published (first published November 28th 2014)

Ivan Amberlake
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Unpredictable, unputdownable, brilliant!

Beast of Burden is the second installment in The Hidden Blood Series. I really enjoyed the first book and looked forward to reading the sequel, which turned out to be a great read with lots of twists and turns I never saw coming.

Beast of Burden starts where the first book ends. Nik and Jaz leave Deer Creek to stay away as far from the Cur Hunters as possible, but danger is always out there, and Jaz can never feel safe. She will have to endure a lot (a lot
Dianne
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
International!
Click on Banner to Enter to Win Great Reading!
Beast of Burden (The Hidden Blood Series, #2)Beast of Burden by A.Z. Green

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A.Z. Green is back with book two in the Hidden Blood Series. Beast of Burden is even more intense than her first book, Beasthood where the stage was set, the world evolved into a breathing entity and the characters came to life. Weres, politics, love and brutal battles, it’s all here, as Nik and Jaz must face down both their fears and their enemies, or die trying.

Meanwhile, the pack
Dianne
International!
Click on Banner to Enter to Win Great Reading!

Meanwhile, the pack has been left to the devices of Nik’s evil brother,
JC82
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW....

This book is intense, action-packed and full of all kinds of twists, turns and complete surprises. I cannot say how much I am enjoying this very detailed, unique and suspenseful take on the werewolf genre!

Book 2 pretty much immediately starts off where book 1 ended. After a complicated and horror filled duel gone wrong between Kain and Nik and Jaz exposing herself as a hybrid Were. No one is safe and all kinds of chaos is about to hit the fan. With Nik on the run to protect Jaz the pack i
Minerva
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cover: Great!!!!

Would like to thank the author and Bit'n tours for gifting me this book for a honest review. I had the privilege to read the first book through goodreads and couldn't wait to read this one.

This book picks up right where the first book ended, Jaz and Nic have left Deer Creek, Jaz no longer being safe there especially after she reveals herself as being a hybrid. Jaz struggles to trust Nic and also struggles with her feelings for him.

So this book was jammed pack with shockers and
K.S. Marsden
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Hidden Blood series continues. Jaz has accepted what she is, she has accepted that the world is more complex than she could have ever thought.

I really enjoyed book 1 in the series (clickee here to read my review), Beasthood may not have been flawless, but it was a riveting debut. Beast of Burden is much smoother, and you feel that Green has really hit her stride with this second book.
It picks up where the first left off, with Jaz and Nik trying to avoid new enemies, as well as old.
I love the
Tiffany Daniels
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book again isn’t for the faint of heart, murder, rape, mutilation and gruesome fights happen amongst the weres. I couldn’t wait to find out more about Jaz and the rest of the Deer Creek Pack. I wanted to know who was behind what happened with Jaz, the pack leader and the killing of humans. We start off with Jaz and Nik on the run, he concocted a trip to get her out of harm’s way. He knows who is behind everything, and that he is about to be overthrown.
Jaz really comes into her own, she is
Lou
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book had me totally gripped in its claws, I had real trouble putting it down.

I still love Jaz and Nik and was so pleased this book picked up right where the last one left us. I finished book one, Beasthood, literally shouting No! because I wanted to know what happens next, A. Z. Green has done it to me again with Beast of Burden and I am left once more eagerly anticipating the next in the series!

Love the chemistry and angst between Jaz and Nik. The author writes villains well and you
Pandora Nyx
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
The story continues in book two with more action and details of Jaz's werewolf and the betrayal of Nik (Driver) pack! Half way through this book, finally, Jaz and Nik make a connection! Their relationship was slowly built, no instant-love, and given the reasoning of the history of them both, I think the author made a wise choice by going slow.

The author takes her time writing out her stories covering and building a whole new place. It shows in both book one and two with the descriptive detail i
Demelza Carlton
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: action, werewolves
No less raw and intense than the first book in the series, this picks up pretty much where the first book left off. Jaz may know what she is and far more about the were world than she did at the start of the series, but the politics and intrigues involved (not to mention the cloak and dagger stuff) would send even the most astute politician into a spin.

Factions within the Cur Hunters...conflicting agendas...and poor Jaz is just trying to learn how to shift properly and deal with her feelings for
Hellvis
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow during blog tour ^_^
Cleo Ryan
Jennifer Luu
Jan 17, 2017
Kelly-Marie
Jan 17, 2017
A.Z.Green was raised up north in Derbyshire, UK, flew the nest aged sweet sixteen with her beau and eventually settled down south near the sea. Despite being mum and wife, she still acts like a kid and appreciates those moments when she can hide away to escape reality, either by reading her fantasies, or writing them.

You can find her on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
More about A.Z. Green

The Hidden Blood Series (2 books)
  • Beasthood (The Hidden Blood Series, #1)