Jump to ratings and reviews

Fall for You #1

Happily Evan After

Evan is a reluctant cupid.

Facing an unknown term of servitude to repay his debt to the world, it is his responsibility to guide couples together. Despite initial hesitancy, he has learned to handle every case with care and he now basks in the afterglow of new-found love and relishes in the energy it provides him. But his end goal is still the promise of paradise in return for his penance.

It's all going according to plan until he receives an assignment that is inconceivable to him. He has to find a mate for Becca, within whom lives the reincarnated soul of his one true love. Bound by his duty to find her a match, he must resist her charm and suppress his own desires. It is his job and he cannot fail, even if his own paradise now seems lost.

For a cupid, falling in love is against the rules.

Isn't it?

260 pages, Paperback

First published December 1, 2014

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Michelle Irwin

41 books437 followers
Purveyor of words. Creator of worlds. Destroyer of feels.

Once upon a time, Michelle worked in a dreary office with only the voices in her head for company. Now, the voices in her head are characters on the page who will break your heart, lift your spirit, and make you feel like you have found new friends.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
10 (4%)
1 star
11 (4%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 75 reviews
Profile Image for Johanna M Rae.
Author 20 books141 followers
April 6, 2016
This is my first experience reading this author, and I am impressed!

I found the title and concept very intriguing and knew I wanted to read this the moment I saw it/read about it. The characters are endearing, but not without their flaws, so naturally I was hooked after a few pages.

A short way into the book I came across mention of someone in Evan's past, which implied a connection to what he was doing in the present. I'm not usually a fan of stories where characters are reincarnated or their souls keep crossing paths. I thought maybe I wouldn't keep reading as I assumed I knew how the story would pan out. I WAS WRONG.

After a week, I found I was still thinking about the characters, and had an itch, a need to know what happened. SO, I picked it up again, and continued reading. I am incredibly glad I did. The connection to the past and present didn't play nearly as big a part in the story as I thought it would, and turned out to be a beautiful (and subtle) touch to a sweet love story. As I read on, I found that I adored Evan and Becca, and their crazy journey. I was very mad at myself for almost not finishing this book.

The depth of emotion that Evan feels for Becca, even before he understands just what it means, is beautiful. I loved that road of self discovery - especially seeing it through his eyes as a cupid, someone who had a better grasp on emotions than most men. I found it refreshing that the male lead in this book wasn't the mega hunk with the perfect body etc etc... it made him even more lovable.

The other thing that made this book such an enjoyable read, was the comical overtones. There were plenty of heart wrenching moments, don't get me wrong, but there was a light and quirky style to the writing and it made it a complete package for me. The writing was excellent. I especially enjoyed some of the early scenes when Becca first realized who and what Evan was, their rocky road to accepting each other and finding their niche.

I highly recommend this to other paranormal fans, and cannot wait to read more of this author.
Profile Image for Mirren Hogan.
Author 56 books33 followers
September 23, 2015
Happily Evan After is absolutely delightful. Even is a Cupid, sent to help Becca to find her perfect match. He finds that Becca looks just like the woman he loved and lost long ago. In spite of Becca's perception of the ideal man being tall, handsome and with abs you could do washing on, Evan is much more my idea of the perfect man- sweet, kind and selfless. I couldn't help but cheer for him from the very beginning. Becca is a very relatable character, just trying to get by in this crazy world.

As romances go. Michelle Irwin does a terrific job of keeping the reader guessing right up until the end. She writes with compassions, passion and humour, making this an easy, fun and enjoyable read.
Profile Image for B.A. Dillon.
Author 9 books76 followers
July 28, 2015
I was gifted a copy for an honest review.
Have you ever wondered if Cupid really exists?
Michelle Irwin puts a sweet and happy spin on the idea and delivers a romantic comedy that is easy to love. The story centers around Becca, a free spirit, hospital medical secretary, who’s passion is fueled by her love of photography. Although single and without a family, Becca lives in the moment and seems at peace with the direction of her life. Evan, destined to roam the earth as a cupid, is a sweet and lively guy using his deep sensitivity to pair soul mates. Assigned to guide Becca to her one true love, we are treated to a beautiful romance and plenty of laugh out loud moments.
Ms. Irwin has developed a storyline that moves well through both internal monologues and dialogue about characters that are easy to care about. Both Becca and Evan have a rich history and their interaction with one another will have readers rooting for them the entire way. The dialogue is both sweet and witty, and there are moments of rich passion and complete hysterics. I love secondary characters, and my only disappointment in this story is Evan’s character has no one but Becca. I needed someone to add another dimension to his existence in Becca’s world. We had a few moments of Becca’s relationship with Cathy – and I would have liked a little more there as well. Cathy added comic relief and I wanted a lot more of her! The love triangle breathes life into what could have been just simple romantic tale. The writing is seamless, and I found myself captured by the story, reading well past my bedtime!
Pick up this delightful story full of love and promise – that left me wondering – is everyone’s love life guided by Cupid?!
Profile Image for T.M. Payne.
Author 30 books87 followers
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
New to me author.

I found this paranormal - romantic book to be very comical in a lot of ways.
We have Evan aka Cupid. He draws on others love simply by touching them.
Do they know he is there? No

His next assignment comes in while he is at a wedding. Rebecca almost 25 living in Michigan.
So he is off to begin his work. Finding Becca a soul mate.
But what? Evan is shock once he sees who Becca is.

Evan was a man on earth many years ago and he lost the love of his life Rose when this happened
he decided to kill himself which would have sent him straight to hell instead of heaven.
He was given a choice and although at first his heart was not into it he chose becoming cupid with
a hope of someday finding Roses soul for himself.

Evan has felt nothing since his death but with his new assignment Becca things begin to change for him and he has no idea why? What is happening?

I enjoyed this book. It was comical in some regards, very heartbreaking in other parts and it was very well written.
The story flows from beginning to end and I enjoy that in a book.

I was gifted a copy of this book for my honest review
Michelle Irwin
Profile Image for Renée Swann.
Author 15 books83 followers
August 8, 2015
Happily Evan After is a book that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It’s a light read, centred around a cupid named Evan who basically plays matchmaker with his “assignments,” having to find their perfect match before he can move on to the next.

But then there’s Becca, his newest and toughest assignment yet. Why can’t he figure her out? And why does he feel so attached to her?

Although I strongly disliked Drew (the guy Evan set Becca up with) for many reasons, and wanted to kick him several times, I feel this only heightened the happy ending for me. I would’ve liked to have seen the ending expanded a bit, to see more about the couple, but overall, this was a great read and I highly recommend it.
Profile Image for Emma Jaye.
Author 41 books635 followers
December 27, 2014
An unusual sweet romantic read that gives a feel good factor. I particularly liked the fact that poor Evan's love rival is a classic 'catch' tall, good looking, athletic, great in bed, professionally and socially incredibly successful, but there's still something missing. Love scenes occur, but they are not graphic in the least.
I wouldn't have put it in the 'romantic comedy' genre, as it didn't make me laugh, but there were plenty of 'ah' cosy cuddly 'smile' moments, and as the title suggests its definitely a Happy Ever After story. Well done Ms Irwin, more please.
Profile Image for Samantha Lundergn.
180 reviews13 followers
January 18, 2015
This was the first book I have read by this author and I was on the fence about reading it. I really am glad I took that chance! This book was funny and sad almost at the same time. I fell in love with both Becca and Even almost from the start. They had such a warm and yet difficult at times relationship that had you rooting for them both. The plot was very well written and over all I will be checking out other books by this author.
Profile Image for Lynn Stookes.
Author 5 books76 followers
May 10, 2015
*I was gifted this book for an honest review*

This was a great read showing the way real love should be. Happily Evan After was a sweet and comical romance that I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a smile. Evan is a sweet guy and I was rooting for him from the beginning. I'm looking forward to the second installment of the Fall For You series coming this May.

Great job Michelle on a great book!
Profile Image for Romance Between The Sheets.
1,295 reviews63 followers
June 21, 2016
Please note this review may contain spoilers.

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Happily Evan After is my second book from Michelle Irwin and despite being another paranormal romance, it is completely different from the dark and serious Through the Fire.

Evan is a Cupid and after his own love life ends tragically, he’s sent back to earth by The Powers That Be to bring love and happiness to those who desire it. He has been promised he will find his own paradise once his service is complete. While Evan is not bogged down by human desires, his only craving is to feel the love garnered from his assignments.

When Evan receives Becca as his next assignment, he’s shocked to learn that not only is she the near spitting image of his one true love, she has the soul of his lost love as well. His job is to find her perfect match, but that job is made very difficult when he wants to be her perfect match. But how can he be when he’s not really human.

Throw in an über-hot doctor (Drew) and you’ve got yourself one very sticky situation.

I don’t know if I’m PMSing or what right now, but I found myself getting teary over Evan throughout this book. When he was thinking of his lost love, or how frustrated he got with not being human, thereby affecting his chances with Becca and what he could offer her. I felt so sorry for him.

Drew on the other hand I did not feel sorry for at all. He was upsetting Becca so badly and he was absolutely clueless about doing it. He would have left her a shell of the woman she was. Although from the sounds of it, I would have had a great time taking a ride on that stallion. Then I would have kicked his rude arse to the curb.

What can I say about Becca? To be honest, I don’t know what to say other than she just didn’t seem to “pop” for me. I loved Evan and hated Drew, but Becca just seemed to be somewhere in the middle. Or maybe Evan shined so bright that no-one else could compare.

I think my only disappointment with the book was that I didn’t feel enough was written about Rose. I mean, we learnt the basics about her, but I would have liked to learn more about her life, even if it was just from the letters sent by Evan. I don’t know why I feel that way, other than I think it would have been nice for Becca to feel some sort of connection to Rose.

I’m assuming this is a stand-alone, but I can totally picture a prequel about Rose and Evan.

Please visit our site http://romancebetweenthesheets.com for more reviews.
Profile Image for Donna.
Author 7 books24 followers
April 27, 2015
This is such a cute, sweet, humorous romance story. Evan has been a cupid for over 50 years. He has been promised paradise if he accomplishes all the matches given to him. For Evan, paradise is spending eternity with Rose, his one true love.

Becca is 25, works as a medical receptionist at a hospital, is an amateur photographer, great friends, and believes she is happy with her life. The one thing missing is love and companionship.

When Evan is given Becca as his next assignment, he is not happy. Becca is Rose's soul reincarnated. If Rose is back on Earth, there is no paradise awaiting him. Or could his paradise be found on Earth?

I loved the way this story is written. Evan doesn't have any guidelines on how to be a cupid. He has had to figure it out as he goes along. I thought that was a nice touch. It allowed him room to explore his feelings for Becca without being punished for what he did. I felt for Evan as he experienced emotions he hadn't felt in over 50 years. I liked the way he was so tender and sweet with Becca. He was not an alpha male who demanded things be done his way. Refreshing.

Becca had quite a shock meeting Evan. The way her mind went on a rollercoaster ride of thoughts and feelings was spot on. I loved her beating Evan with her shoe! Becca was a strong woman who knew how to take care of herself. She didn't jump in bed immediately with the man she dated. She didn't need a man to make her complete. She wanted a man to share her life with. To be her best friend and lover. My kind of woman.

The story was well written. It grabbed me in the beginning and kept my attention. The characters were well developed and interesting. There were only two supporting characters: Becca's best friend Cathy and Drew, the man Becca dated. No more were needed.

This is one of my favorite lines from one of my favorite scenes:
He snorted again. Becca certainly kept him on his toes. "I'm no angel! I've known a few of them though. Insufferable dicks, the whole lot of them, with their whole 'holier than thou' attitude."

This is the first book I've read by Michelle Irwin. I am definitely going to check out her other books. Book 2 in the Falling for You Series is All Amity Allows. It releases in May 2015. It follows Drew as he is helped by disillusioned angel Amity. I'm definitely going to read it.

I highly recommend reading Happily Evan After. It will brighten your day.
Profile Image for Gone Readin'.
167 reviews5 followers
March 18, 2015
Review by B.A. Dillon

I was gifted a copy for an honest review.
Have you ever wondered if Cupid really exists?
Profile Image for Diary of a Book Addict.
350 reviews6 followers
March 20, 2015
Let me start by saying that I'm not usually a big fan of paranormal reads but after reading Michelle's first book; Through the Fire, I was totally hooked on her work and she quickly became one of my favourite authors. The only word I can use to describe Michelle's writing is captivating... the reader is drawn in from the very first page and each scene is set so perfectly, you almost feel as though you are watching from inside the story.

Happily Evan After is Michelle's third book, but the first in the Fall For You series. It follows Evan, a reluctant cupid who walks the earth finding love for other people. When Evan meets his newest assignment; Becca, he is shocked to the core not only by the fact that she looks so much like the woman he used to love, but also because for the first time since he became a cupid, Evan feels an attraction to someone.

Evan juggles trying to find Becca the perfect soul mate with trying not to expose his feelings to her, knowing that it can never lead to anything beyond his own personal fantasies... He's a cupid, she's his assignment anything more is against the rules.

But spending so much time with Becca has Evan longing for so much more... Will he be able to keep his feelings a secret or will he crack and try to make Becca his own?

I absolutely loved this book. It's funny, heart warming and brilliantly written. I found myself smiling whilst reading it and genuinely laughing out loud at certain points. I would highly recommend it.

NB - I don't think this is what Michelle was going for when writing HEA but when I was reading this I kept seeing Evan as Victor Webster in his charmed days

Profile Image for Hopelessly Devoted.
109 reviews11 followers
December 11, 2014
My Review
In the beginning we meet Evan, a reluctant cupid who exchanged his mortality for a life of servitude, a life of finding love for others without the possibility of ever feeling it again for himself...or so he assumes until he meets Becca. .
Evan is shocked to discover that his one true loves soul has been sent back down to earth and is encased in his newest charge Becca. Can he match her with another person? well i'm going to be forced to be elusive and make you read the book!
Having read 'through the fire' i was fully aware of Michelle's immense literary talents but i will admit to being a tad dubious when i read the premise for 'Happily Evan after'
'A cupid who matches people falling in love...hmm...ok'' i thought to myself...
Well ladies, i'm always willing to admit when i'm wrong..and boy was i wrong! not only was this book beguilingly sweet and not at all cliched, it also held a lot of life lessons about perseverance in the pursuit of love.
I giggled and pouted and spent 90% of the book praying to the literary gods to step in and give me a happy ending!
Michelle Irwin manages to give the reader a vested interested in her characters fate, she seems to have a direct line to our hearts and spins her characters into the tissues and fibres until they become a part of you.and THAT is one hell of a talent.
Evan and Becca had my attention from the first page to the very last!
Exceptionally well written as always and yet another must read! this is becoming quite the habit Ms Irwin!
5 stars!
Profile Image for Shy.
249 reviews19 followers
August 12, 2015
This gave a fresh look into what cupids maybe. In that sense it's very unique. At first I thought it was just another contemporary romance but turns out it got a touch of fantasy on it too.

The plot as a whole well written and the pace was very smooth. The conflicts was well incorporated too.

I like the characters. Evan's character was built up pretty well from the point of his past up to the years that went by in his life unto the present. Becca, on the other hand was quite a normal working lady. however, I love how she views life and how she strive to keep doing what she loves despite other people's opinion about it. The friend (sorry I forgot the name) was pretty hilarious but her presence was necessary and I like how she know Becca well and sees right through her. I don't lie like the other guy very much but every since I read him, it got me thinking into how would the author work around it.

This is a light read, a combination of romance and comedy with a hint of fantasy. I enjoyed reading the whole book. I was just hoping that there would be something more maybe drama or discussion or I don't know maybe details for the part for which Evan turned from the current being that he was to the one he was by the end. And I was hoping to hear more about the invisible being he worked for.

Those aside, I recommend reading this book if you want a good read that will get you relaxed, into romance and a few laughed.
Profile Image for Kat Loves.
223 reviews4 followers
August 19, 2015
I absolutely loved this story! It's a new twist on Cupid that I found delightful and funny yet also sad at times.

Evan is your not so averade Cupid. His job is to find the perfect match for which ever name appears on his 'list'. He is sent to Becca but is stunned to discover that she looks exactly like his own true love Rose.

It turns out that Becca is the Great neice of Rose and that she has her soul. Evan finds himself drawn to Becca is a way he has never known and parts of him come to life that have been dead since his own mortal death fifty years ago.

Becca is a medical receptionist who loves to take photos at the cemetry in her spare time. She believes she is a happily independant woman although she occasionally would like some company.

When she meets Drew, sparks fly and both Evan and Becca believe that Drew is her perfect match. This part of the story really broke my heart and I'm sure it will break yours too. But do not despair! Evan is cupid after all and he works for a higher purpose. Eventually everything turns out as it should and Becca gets her perfect match while Evan finaly finishes his redemption and finishes his Cupid duty.

A wonderfully written story that will take you on a rollercoaster ride of emotons with characters that will stay with you long after you finish the book.
Profile Image for Melissa Bell.
Author 39 books138 followers
January 6, 2015
This is a Book Nook Nuts Review ~ A free copy for an Honest Review

This is the first novel I have read by Michelle Irwin. It's the story of Evan & Rebecca Lewis.

Synopsis:

Evan is a reluctant cupid.

For a cupid, falling in love is against the rules.

This is a lite Paranormal read, I wouldn't say I loved it and I wouldn't say I didn't enjoy the plot. It is written well and the characters are solid. I think I would suggest this read to those who enjoy Lite Romance without a triple XXX rating.
Profile Image for J.A. Kenney.
Author 2 books17 followers
February 17, 2015
A fun and fanciful tale of undying love, and happy ever afters.

Fans of Michelle Irwin's Through the Fire might be surprised by this lighter take of love and life, but NOT disappointed.

Evan is a Cupid, he lost the love of his life 50 years ago to violence, and was given a second chance to prove himself. So, for decades he has been finding people the love of their life, and insuring happily ever afters.

When he arrives at his latest assignment, he discovers that Rose the woman he loved and lost has been reincarnated.

Becca, a medical receptionist and amateur photographer is happy...well content...mostly.
She doesn't date much, she lost her family years ago, and her best friend just got married. She likes her work well enough, and loves her photography hobby, but deep down she is still lonely.

So, Evan sets out to find his lost love the love of her new life!

I had never actual read a cupid based story before. It was surprisingly enjoyable as I had never really thought about them in a paranormal romance context.

Definitely worth reading!
Author 4 books20 followers
January 18, 2015
I'm probably not Michelle Irwin's typical reader, in that I've read only two or three romances in my entire life. That being said, I was pleasantly surprised by Happily Evan After.

It is a charming, off-beat book that delves into the realm of paranormal. The premise of the book, Cupid Meets Reincarnated Love, is bright and inventive. I really appreciate the work that Irwin put into constructing her story. She reveals her world in careful steps, using clever dialogue and well-honed transitions to maximum effect. Irwin's writing style is engaging, and her characters are extremely likeable and fleshed out. The book is meticulously edited as well.

My only criticism relates to my personal tastes. I like books with some page-turning tension and unexpected twists, and I found that the book moved a little too slow and predictably at times. A compelling antagonist could also have really lifted the story to a higher level.

All in all, though, I did like it. And for anyone looking for a sweet, intelligent romance that even a lunkhead like me can appreciate, this is definitely worth checking out.

Profile Image for Isabella Harper.
Author 21 books18 followers
May 14, 2015
**I was given a copy of this book for an honest review.**

Once I got rolling with these characters, I really enjoyed this book! Evan is a character of many layers and history, and was incredibly lovable. Becca seemed like someone I could relate to (which is always something that you want in the FMC as a female reader), and I found myself really rooting for her to find her one true love. My only disappointment was I wish that there was a bit more history we'd learned, but there was more than enough for the story. I'm just a nosy reader. :)

There were parts of the book that were a little heartbreaking, there was a lot of fun and humor, romance, tender moments, and of course -- love. It was a feel good book!

Overall, this is a fun, sweet romance that's not your average romance novel. It's not a plot I'd ever seen before, which was refreshing, and by the time I finished the book, I wasn't quite ready to let the characters go. If you're looking for something to enjoy poolside, on the beach, curled up on the couch on a rainy day -- this book is for you, I highly recommend it. Very cute!!
Profile Image for Lily Malone.
Author 21 books167 followers
September 13, 2016
Well, this was different!
Evan returns to the world as a cupid, after committing suicide after the death of his beloved Rose, fifty years ago. The powers that be in Evan's cupid universe, give him the assignment of finding a match for Becca, Rose's granddaughter and Rose's reincarnated soul.
This book was recommended to me, and I'm glad that I picked it up in a recent kindle deal. I enjoyed the writing style very much, and the story flowed beautifully.
It broke a few of the romance rules too, by introducing a very powerful love interest for Becca as a competitor for Evan, and making him an equally worthy hero. So many times this role in a book will fall to someone that the reader knows is "just not right" for the heroine. Not this time. Drew's a good guy, and good to Becca (even if we know he's not her perfect match). So it really made me ponder just how we were going to get to the happy ever after in this love triangle.
But I'm glad I got to the end, and I also see that there is a second book where Drew looks like he gets his own story. So that will be fun to check out too.
Profile Image for Dayreader Reviews.
792 reviews63 followers
April 27, 2015
Happily Evan After is a sweet, funny and well written second chance story.

Evan is a reluctant cupid who is charged with finding people their perfect match, even though at first he does not want to do so he eventually gives in and does what he is charged to do with the expectation of salvation.

Becca is Evans latest assignment and even though he is struck by her uncanny resemblance to his one true love Rose, he sets off to find her perfect match. He is not prepared for the emotions he feels as it has been 50 years since he has experienced them.

Becca is a strong female lead who does not NEED a man but wants to share her life with someone and I found this beyond refreshing.

Evan and Becca not to mention the supporting cast Cathy (Becca's BFF) and Drew (the guy Becca is dating) are all well written and well developed characters.

This is a true stand alone and there is no cliffhanger (thank goodness)

This book was gifted in exchange for a honest review

Profile Image for Kristy Padgett.
4 reviews1 follower
April 29, 2015
*I received a free copy of this book for an honest review*
I love books where I become emotional invested in the characters. I wanted more than anything for Evan to get his happy ending!

This story is a heartwarming tale of a cupid who is forced to match his true love to an ideal partner; all the while lusting and loving her from a far.
Evan ended his life tragically; given the choice to spend eternity in purgatory or serve as a cupid to redeem himself him choosing redemption. He is sent to earth to help people find their true loves. The last assignment presented to him is Becca a reincarnation of his love Rose. His last test at redemption proves to be his hardest challenge; now he must find Becca a suitable match while falling in love with her.

The charters interactions with each other were quite enjoyable. I think the one thing I enjoyed most about this book was that the journey felt like first love. It was sweet and kind and oozed inspiration. Well done Michelle Irwin!
Profile Image for Kristy.
680 reviews
December 14, 2014
Wow Michelle, 2 books out in a couple of months.... how have you done it??

Having just finished Evan & Becca's story my emotions are all over the place, it's taken me all day to figure out what to write here.... THANK YOU Michelle for bringing us our reluctant Cupid & our lonely girl Becca, they show you that in LOVE you deserve someone whom loves you just for being you. Who doesn't try to change you, to what they perceive as you wanting/needing... Although I felt at times like smacking Becca & Evan's head together, their interactions made the book what it needed to be.... Lets not forget for 1 second that Evan is a Cupid, therefore is dead... so it's a major hurdle in itself to jump. I don't want to give anything away...

I'll be keeping an eye out for book 2 & any other book bearing your name <3
Profile Image for J.H. Croix.
Author 139 books1,277 followers
January 7, 2015
Happily Evan After is a sweet, quirky romance that leaves you with a smile. The author does a nice job of helping the reader understand the internal challenges that the two main characters face and makes you root for them both. Evan is a sweet, loving guy whose sensitivity is part of his job, but also imbued by tragic circumstances. Becca is his true love, reincarnated…and lonely. Watching these two come together was endearing with some funny moments along the way.

There is a love rival, an almost ideal one at that, which makes you care even more what happens. I just wanted Becca to be loved for who she was, which Evan most certainly did. I also enjoyed the premise here of a Cupid breaking the rules for love.

Overall, this was a great, sweet romance with a touch of the fantastic.
Profile Image for Jacky.
96 reviews4 followers
November 12, 2014
I was privileged to be a beta reader for Michelle Irwin for her soon to be published “Happily Evan After” so this is a pre-release review so I won’t go into any spoilers at this point. However if you are into Romantic Comedies then this book is a must read, follow Evan though his adventures.

I know the author is putting out a little teaser so here it is.

"He put almost no effort into matching people up. Instead he just randomly forced together two strangers who had no commonality.

It wasn't long before he realized that even his half-assed attempts made people happier than he thought any had the right to be"

Happily Evan After
Profile Image for Clare.
525 reviews13 followers
January 22, 2015
Michelle Irwin is a completely new author to me but so glad I found her. I was given this book for an honest review. I read this book in less than a day as I found that I could not put it down for long. It's the story of Evan who is an unlikely Cupid that has been bringing people together for 50 years with the promise of finding his own paradise. Evan is not allowed to fall in love with anyone. His latest assignment is Rebecca who bares a striking resemblance to his long lost love from many years ago. The story is emotional with a little heartbreak but also very funny at times. I would recommend this book to anyone that loves a good romance story with elements that tug at your heart strings.
Profile Image for Discrete Divas.
28 reviews3 followers
March 22, 2015
A brilliant modern take on an old myth... brings cupid into the 21st century. Evan definitely isnt what or who you think he is. I loved it so much I couldn't put it down. A few unexpected twists just made this more interesting.
Becca and her photography captured something amazing in both imagery and words on the page. You could picture everything so clearly. I loved the different elements incorporated into the story. I laughed and I think I even snorted a few times much to my kids amusement lol. Add a couple of "hold your breath" moments and you have a recipe for a great tale of finding your one!
I felt Becca deserved to find her happily ever after. .. instead I think she got better. .. she got her happily Evan after
Profile Image for Demelza Carlton.
Author 165 books3,710 followers
March 24, 2015
Just when you thought Cupid was a infant archer wearing nothing but a loincloth...in walks Evan. For fifty years, he's been making matches - putting people together and watching the sparks fly. Truly Hell on Earth for a man who committed suicide because he couldn't bear the guilt wrapped around his broken heart.

And then he gets assigned his lost love's modern-day doppelganger. Someone upstairs evidently doesn't like him all that much. Or, then again, maybe they do.

You can't help but sympathise with Evan. He's got a career with 100% job satisfaction...but..."Little Evan" isn't operational anymore. Funny and sweet, hopelessly romantic and yet so right...I didn't want to put this book down.

If you liked A Life Less Ordinary or Heart and Souls, you'll love this one. I know I did.
Profile Image for Linda Field.
222 reviews3 followers
April 16, 2015
Happily Evan After by Michelle Irwin

A sweet fantasy romance

Is there really a Cupid out there matching us to our true loves?
Well reading this book sure makes you really hope there is.

This book has it all lots of laughter, tears and love.

I enjoyed this book it started off a bit slow for my liking but as I progressed in the book it got better and better. It gives you a warm feeling that love is out there for everyone, but some need just a little help from Cupid.

There are some comical scenes in this book, but there are some emotional passionate ones as well. It will bring tears to your eyes but you will have plenty of smiles as well.

An easy flowing book

4****
Profile Image for Debbie.
133 reviews15 followers
August 15, 2015
I agreed to give a fair and honest review. I found this book to be more of a sweet romantic story not really a comedy. That being said, I did enjoy it as well as the characters. I really liked this author's definition of " a Cupid ". What better way to redeem your soul than helping bring true love to lonely people. It does make more sense than a cherub with a bow and arrow. I liked that Evan was able to review his past and forgive himself and that Becca was able to finally put the pieces of the past together. The only problem that I had was the ending. I wish that there would have been more on Evan being given a life, after all he has been dead for over 50 years.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 75 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.