Start by marking “Happily Evan After (Fall for You, #1)” as Want to Read:
Happily Evan After (Fall for You, #1)

Happily Evan After

(Fall for You #1)

Evan is a reluctant cupid.

Facing an unknown term of servitude to repay his debt to the world, it is his responsibility to guide couples together. Despite initial hesitancy, he has learned to handle every case with care and he now basks in the afterglow of new-found love and relishes in the energy it provides him. But his end goal is still the promise of paradis
Published November 22nd 2014 by Fleur Smith

To ask other readers questions about Happily Evan After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happily Evan After

Start your review of Happily Evan After (Fall for You, #1)
Johanna Rae
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is my first experience reading this author, and I am impressed!

I found the title and concept very intriguing and knew I wanted to read this the moment I saw it/read about it. The characters are endearing, but not without their flaws, so naturally I was hooked after a few pages.

A short way into the book I came across mention of someone in Evan's past, which implied a connection to what he was doing in the present. I'm not usually a fan of stories where characters are reincarnate
T.M. Payne
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
New to me author.

I found this paranormal - romantic book to be very comical in a lot of ways.
We have Evan aka Cupid. He draws on others love simply by touching them.
Do they know he is there? No

His next assignment comes in while he is at a wedding. Rebecca almost 25 living in Michigan.
So he is off to begin his work. Fi
Mirren Hogan
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Happily Evan After is absolutely delightful. Even is a Cupid, sent to help Becca to find her perfect match. He finds that Becca looks just like the woman he loved and lost long ago. In spite of Becca's perception of the ideal man being tall, handsome and with abs you could do washing on, Evan is much more my idea of the perfect man- sweet, kind and selfless. I couldn't help but cheer for him from the very beginning. Becca is a very relatable character, just trying to get by in this crazy world. ...more
B.A. Dillon
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a copy for an honest review.
Have you ever wondered if Cupid really exists?
Michelle Irwin puts a sweet and happy spin on the idea and delivers a romantic comedy that is easy to love. The story centers around Becca, a free spirit, hospital medical secretary, who’s passion is fueled by her love of photography. Although single and without a family, Becca lives in the moment and seems at peace with the direction of her life. Evan, destined to roam the earth as a cupid, is a s
Renée Swann
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys light, romance reads with a happy ending
Shelves: aug-tbr-2015
Happily Evan After is a book that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It’s a light read, centred around a cupid named Evan who basically plays matchmaker with his “assignments,” having to find their perfect match before he can move on to the next.

But then there’s Becca, his newest and toughest assignment yet. Why can’t he figure her out? And why does he feel so attached to her?

Although I strongly disliked Drew (the guy Evan set Becca up with) for many reasons, and wanted to kick hi
Emma Jaye
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An unusual sweet romantic read that gives a feel good factor. I particularly liked the fact that poor Evan's love rival is a classic 'catch' tall, good looking, athletic, great in bed, professionally and socially incredibly successful, but there's still something missing. Love scenes occur, but they are not graphic in the least.
I wouldn't have put it in the 'romantic comedy' genre, as it didn't make me laugh, but there were plenty of 'ah' cosy cuddly 'smile' moments, and as the title sugge
Lynn Stookes
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
*I was gifted this book for an honest review*

This was a great read showing the way real love should be. Happily Evan After was a sweet and comical romance that I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a smile. Evan is a sweet guy and I was rooting for him from the beginning. I'm looking forward to the second installment of the Fall For You series coming this May.

Great job Michelle on a great book!
Samantha Lundergn
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I have read by this author and I was on the fence about reading it. I really am glad I took that chance! This book was funny and sad almost at the same time. I fell in love with both Becca and Even almost from the start. They had such a warm and yet difficult at times relationship that had you rooting for them both. The plot was very well written and over all I will be checking out other books by this author.
Coco.V
Sep 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (9/21/2019)! 🎁
Romance Between The Sheets
Please note this review may contain spoilers.

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Happily Evan After is my second book from Michelle Irwin and despite being another paranormal romance, it is completely different from the dark and serious Through the Fire.

Evan is a Cupid and after his own love life ends tragically, he’s sent back to earth by The Powers That Be to bring love and happiness to those who desire it. He has been promised h
Donna
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is such a cute, sweet, humorous romance story. Evan has been a cupid for over 50 years. He has been promised paradise if he accomplishes all the matches given to him. For Evan, paradise is spending eternity with Rose, his one true love.

Becca is 25, works as a medical receptionist at a hospital, is an amateur photographer, great friends, and believes she is happy with her life. The one thing missing is love and companionship.

When Evan is given Becca as his next assign
Gone Readin'
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review by B.A. Dillon

I was gifted a copy for an honest review.
Have you ever wondered if Cupid really exists?
Diary of a Book Addict
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-by-sib
Let me start by saying that I'm not usually a big fan of paranormal reads but after reading Michelle's first book; Through the Fire, I was totally hooked on her work and she quickly became one of my favourite authors. The only word I can use to describe Michelle's writing is captivating... the reader is drawn in from the very first page and each scene is set so perfectly, you almost feel as though you are watching from inside the story.

Happily Evan After is Michelle's third book, but
Hopelessly Devoted
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My Review
In the beginning we meet Evan, a reluctant cupid who exchanged his mortality for a life of servitude, a life of finding love for others without the possibility of ever feeling it again for himself...or so he assumes until he meets Becca. .
Evan is shocked to discover that his one true loves soul has been sent back down to earth and is encased in his newest charge Becca. Can he match her with another person? well i'm going to be forced to be elusive and make you read the book!
Shy
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
This gave a fresh look into what cupids maybe. In that sense it's very unique. At first I thought it was just another contemporary romance but turns out it got a touch of fantasy on it too.

The plot as a whole well written and the pace was very smooth. The conflicts was well incorporated too.

I like the characters. Evan's character was built up pretty well from the point of his past up to the years that went by in his life unto the present. Becca, on the other hand was quit
Kat Loves
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story! It's a new twist on Cupid that I found delightful and funny yet also sad at times.

Evan is your not so averade Cupid. His job is to find the perfect match for which ever name appears on his 'list'. He is sent to Becca but is stunned to discover that she looks exactly like his own true love Rose.

It turns out that Becca is the Great neice of Rose and that she has her soul. Evan finds himself drawn to Becca is a way he has never known and parts of him come
J.A. Kenney
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fun and fanciful tale of undying love, and happy ever afters.

Fans of Michelle Irwin's Through the Fire might be surprised by this lighter take of love and life, but NOT disappointed.

Evan is a Cupid, he lost the love of his life 50 years ago to violence, and was given a second chance to prove himself. So, for decades he has been finding people the love of their life, and insuring happily ever afters.

When he arrives at his latest assignment, he discovers that Rose
Melissa Bell
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a Book Nook Nuts Review ~ A free copy for an Honest Review

This is the first novel I have read by Michelle Irwin. It's the story of Evan & Rebecca Lewis.

Synopsis:

Evan is a reluctant cupid.

Isabella Harper
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
**I was given a copy of this book for an honest review.**

Once I got rolling with these characters, I really enjoyed this book! Evan is a character of many layers and history, and was incredibly lovable. Becca seemed like someone I could relate to (which is always something that you want in the FMC as a female reader), and I found myself really rooting for her to find her one true love. My only disappointment was I wish that there was a bit more history we'd learned, but there was more than enou
Erik Rivenes
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm probably not Michelle Irwin's typical reader, in that I've read only two or three romances in my entire life. That being said, I was pleasantly surprised by Happily Evan After.

It is a charming, off-beat book that delves into the realm of paranormal. The premise of the book, Cupid Meets Reincarnated Love, is bright and inventive. I really appreciate the work that Irwin put into constructing her story. She reveals her world in careful steps, using clever dialogue and well-honed tra
Lily Malone
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well, this was different!
Evan returns to the world as a cupid, after committing suicide after the death of his beloved Rose, fifty years ago. The powers that be in Evan's cupid universe, give him the assignment of finding a match for Becca, Rose's granddaughter and Rose's reincarnated soul.
This book was recommended to me, and I'm glad that I picked it up in a recent kindle deal. I enjoyed the writing style very much, and the story flowed beautifully.
It broke a few of the romanc
Dayreader Reviews
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Happily Evan After is a sweet, funny and well written second chance story.

Evan is a reluctant cupid who is charged with finding people their perfect match, even though at first he does not want to do so he eventually gives in and does what he is charged to do with the expectation of salvation.

Becca is Evans latest assignment and even though he is struck by her uncanny resemblance to his one true love Rose, he sets off to find her perfect match. He is not prepared for the emotions he
Kristy Padgett
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free copy of this book for an honest review*
I love books where I become emotional invested in the characters. I wanted more than anything for Evan to get his happy ending!

This story is a heartwarming tale of a cupid who is forced to match his true love to an ideal partner; all the while lusting and loving her from a far.
Evan ended his life tragically; given the choice to spend eternity in purgatory or serve as a cupid to redeem himself him choosing redemption. He is sent to
Kristy
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow Michelle, 2 books out in a couple of months.... how have you done it??

Having just finished Evan & Becca's story my emotions are all over the place, it's taken me all day to figure out what to write here.... THANK YOU Michelle for bringing us our reluctant Cupid & our lonely girl Becca, they show you that in LOVE you deserve someone whom loves you just for being you. Who doesn't try to change you, to what they perceive as you wanting/needing... Although I felt at times like smacking
J.H. Croix
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Happily Evan After is a sweet, quirky romance that leaves you with a smile. The author does a nice job of helping the reader understand the internal challenges that the two main characters face and makes you root for them both. Evan is a sweet, loving guy whose sensitivity is part of his job, but also imbued by tragic circumstances. Becca is his true love, reincarnated…and lonely. Watching these two come together was endearing with some funny moments along the way.

There is a love riv
Clare
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michelle Irwin is a completely new author to me but so glad I found her. I was given this book for an honest review. I read this book in less than a day as I found that I could not put it down for long. It's the story of Evan who is an unlikely Cupid that has been bringing people together for 50 years with the promise of finding his own paradise. Evan is not allowed to fall in love with anyone. His latest assignment is Rebecca who bares a striking resemblance to his long lost love from many year ...more
Discrete Divas
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
A brilliant modern take on an old myth... brings cupid into the 21st century. Evan definitely isnt what or who you think he is. I loved it so much I couldn't put it down. A few unexpected twists just made this more interesting.
Becca and her photography captured something amazing in both imagery and words on the page. You could picture everything so clearly. I loved the different elements incorporated into the story. I laughed and I think I even snorted a few times much to my kids amusement lol.
Jacky
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jacky by: Michelle Irwin Author
I was privileged to be a beta reader for Michelle Irwin for her soon to be published “Happily Evan After” so this is a pre-release review so I won’t go into any spoilers at this point. However if you are into Romantic Comedies then this book is a must read, follow Evan though his adventures.

I know the author is putting out a little teaser so here it is.

"He put almost no effort into matching people up. Instead he just randomly forced together two strangers who had no commo
Demelza Carlton
Just when you thought Cupid was a infant archer wearing nothing but a loincloth...in walks Evan. For fifty years, he's been making matches - putting people together and watching the sparks fly. Truly Hell on Earth for a man who committed suicide because he couldn't bear the guilt wrapped around his broken heart.

And then he gets assigned his lost love's modern-day doppelganger. Someone upstairs evidently doesn't like him all that much. Or, then again, maybe they do.

You can't help but
Linda Field
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Happily Evan After by Michelle Irwin

A sweet fantasy romance

Is there really a Cupid out there matching us to our true loves?
Well reading this book sure makes you really hope there is.

This book has it all lots of laughter, tears and love.

I enjoyed this book it started off a bit slow for my liking but as I progressed in the book it got better and better. It gives you a warm feeling that love is out there for everyone, but some need just a little help from Cupid
« previous 1 3 next »
Great Review of Happily Evan After 1 2 Jan 14, 2015 03:24AM
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Adding Series Please 6 29 Nov 20, 2014 03:47PM

• Lachlan (Immortal Highlander #1)
  • Queen of the Gryphons: Ishtar's Legacy: Books 1 & 2
  • Gavin (Immortal Highlander, #5)
  • Evander (Immortal Highlander #3)
  • Tharaen (Immortal Highlander, #2)
  • Tormod (Immortal Highlander #4)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Tallulah's Temptation (Sea Shenanigans #1)
  • Thorn (Bears of Burden, #1)
  • Barbarian's Prize (Ice Planet Barbarians, #5)
  • Barbarian's Mate (Ice Planet Barbarians, #6)
  • Running After a Heartbreaker (Brides on the Run, #4)
  • Sticks and Stones (Broken Heart, #2)
  • Switching Hour (Magic and Mayhem, #1)
  • Ruckus (SEAL Team Alpha #1)
  • Breath of Desire (Rising Dragons, #4)
  • Taken By Him (The Billionaire Black Sheep Book 2)
  • Wanted By Him (The Billionaire Black Sheep Book 1)
Purveyor of words. Creator of worlds. Destroyer of feels.

Once upon a time, Michelle worked in a dreary office with only the voices in her head for company. Now, the voices in her head are characters on the page who will break your heart, lift your spirit, and make you feel like you have found new friends.

Fall for You (2 books)
  • All Amity Allows (Fall for You, #2)