Start by marking “Amber (The Jewel Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Amber (The Jewel Trilogy, #3)

Amber

(Chase Family #4)

England & Scotland, 1668

Kendra Chase's brothers are telling her it's high time she get married. But although they've presented her with many wealthy, titled suitors, no man has caught her fancy—until her coach is held up by a dashing, mysterious highwayman. When she and the dangerous man are caught in a compromising embrace and her overprotective brothers insist they

Published October 2014 by Novelty Books

To ask other readers questions about Amber, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amber

Melissa
I so enjoyed reading this one. There is just something about the Royal authors that I just love. There books are always fun, and different. Every book is so unique, you never know what you are going to get. The woman are strong and bold but still very feminine. The story lines always hold my attention and keep me wanting more. I loved all the history I learned in this one. The Scotts are nuts:}The love stories are fun and just a shade naughty. They have a set of clean books and a set of not so c ...more
Mela
Oct 23, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Now [Oct., 2017] free on Amazon. It goes to kindle-black-hole ;-) Perhaps some day in the future I will be in a mood ;-)
Brooke
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, re-read
I love a good historical romance, and this one definitely didn't disappoint!

Kendra has 3 brothers and the oldest is anxious to marry her off to a duke, while she finds dukes to be the worst of the peers. She's refused every single duke her brother has attempted to match her with and he's at his wit's end with her. While returning to their family estate, their carriage is held up by a highwayman. Kendra was instantly drawn to the dashing man and cannot get him out of her mind.

Trick is a duke, but
Kim
I loveeeeee the Jewel trilogy. Seriously. The Chase family is just so damn interesting. Each of the Chase siblings is so unique in their individual interests and characteristics. It's been fabulous following the lives of 2 of Kendra's 3 brothers in the first two books. The first two books offered us glimpses of the firecracker that is Kendra. She's such a fun character, one that I wished would get her own story! When I finished Emerald and looked for the next book I was pumped that it was about ...more
Monisha Leah
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(excerpts from full review found here: https://monishaleah.blogspot.in/2017/... )
Set in the 1600s and revolving around the life of a newly-married couple, this book fits aptly into the genre of "Historical Romance". However, the authors do not limit the story to just that, but have added in delightful elements of suspense, drama, action, feminism, and even a pinch of horror! There are highway robberies, betrayals, disguises, deaths, lovemaking and treasure chests in the same story - so you can g
Andrea Zuvich
An enjoyable romance - and despite being no. 4 in the series, it's fine as a standalone (I haven't read any others yet). I particularly liked Trick's character, the love story between Kendra and Trick was sexy and romantic (perfect for this genre) and I found both the beginning and latter half of the story quite exciting - but I nearly stopped almost as soon as I had begun reading after learning the heroine was named "Kendra". I know this sounds overly pedantic, and I apologise for this, but "Ke ...more
Elis Madison
Kendra Chase, sister to Colin (Amethyst), Jason (Emerald) and Ford (next series), is being pestered by her brothers to marry. Worse, they keep insisting that she marry a titled man—and after seeing the way dukes treated people while she and her family were in exile with Charles II, she wants no part of the peerage, especially dukes. After parading a series of “eligible” men past her and seeing her reject each one, Jason has told her she needs to pick a husband or he’ll do it for her. They all ma ...more
Brian
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-by-me
I read this book as part of 3-part trilogy from BN.com I could not find a copy at my library so i bought it some time ago. Note: It is now book 4 in the Chase Family series.

To me, this was a marvelous story. I loved that Kendra Chase had a mind of her and was strong in character which was against the times in 1600s Scotland and England. Ms. Royal has a solid grip on the lives and times of those 1600s. Her writing is fluid and she does not resort to adding extra descriptions to the setting or cha
Lidia Riva
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Devo dire che anche questa versione “pulita” del romanzo è piacevole. Lei è Lady Kendra Chase, ha compiuto 18 anni e i suoi tre fratelli si sono impuntati che è ora di prendere marito. Ma lei scarta ogni pretendente, trovando in ciascuno uno o più difetti. Inoltre ha una vera e profonda repulsione per i duchi. Una mattina la carrozza sulla quale sta viaggiando assieme alla famiglia viene rapinata da un brigante, Kendra prova un’attrazione immediata.
Lui è Patrick Ian Caldwell duca di AMBERLEY, s
Virginia Tican
I liked the humor and the history lesson. The fact that her brothers all approved of her marriage to the Duke of Amberley, is already a big thing. This means the brothers have already vetted him for their sister which also indicates that they trust him. So I can not understand Kendra's suspicions of a mistress when there are no indicators that he has one, given that he blames his mother of the same transgression. His unexplained disappearances notwithstanding, he asked her to trust him. She shou ...more
Tracey
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was all set to not like this and be bored as I have to say I was a bit disappointed in Emerald - I mean how thick can a guy get? But, I was pleasantly surprised by Kendra and Trick. there were actually layers to both of their characters that I was not expecting. Kendra, the highly efficient and managing younger sister, highly protected by her thick-headed brothers knows nothing of intimacy and is frightened and surprised by Trick and all his maleness. Trick proclaims he has no need of love, bu ...more
CB Loves Books
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clean story, really enjoyed it. The beginning drew me in as the couple met - the hero seemed sweet even though he's a highway man. There was so much drama between the two and their families that I wondered when/if the two would ever actually be husband and wife. The authors kept the lovemaking clean, which I can appreciate, but I could still feel the passion between them. The drama between the two seemed to slow a little in the middle since a mystery about his past unfolded, but the pace picked ...more
Sara
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2016
Lauren Royal does it again. I love Kendra as a character and really enjoyed getting to experience her story and her thoughts through this book. She is a sassy individual who will pursue her goals no matter the consequences or disapproval of others. However there were certain aspects of this book that felt stagnant and some choices made by the pair was annoying to say the least. Sometime you just want to shout at them, "TALK! SAY WHAT YOU FEEL!" Overall an exciting story and a fun time.
Kyle Hakim
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
The Duke's Reluctant Bride ( Chase Bride Book 4)

The love story of Kendra and Trick. The Chase brothers want Kendra to chose a husband but she refuses to have any of the men her brothers has chosen for her. One Strom day she and Trick are court in his bedroom by her brother and now they much marry. Unknown to her Trick is the Duke of Camberley, she thinks he is a highwayman. Can she find love? Great story.
Katie K.
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful!

This novel is a delight! Well-written; interesting characters; great plot, with just enough clean romance to make it really enjoyable. The authors intertwine some rea!!y interesting Scottish culture and English history, too, which had me enthralled. Loved the ending and the epilogue as well. It wasn't rushed, as so many authors tend to do.
Robyn Echols
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a Character

Kendra is quite the character. She's an intelligent woman with not much common sense. The author puts her in multiple situations where her emotions get in the way of sound thinking, yet the hero, Trick, loves her because of it. Very good plot and suspense that kept me reading.
Neek
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Historical fiction

I love historical fiction romance. Things were done so differently a few hundred years ago. Strong intelligent women were encouraged to hide their intellect in order to find a husband. Thankfully the author decided to allow her character to be openly intelligent and accepted by her husband as such.
Kathy
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kendra first see’s Trick when he robs a coach she is riding in with her brothers. She finds herself married to him within days and completely confused by the things he is doing. A thrilling combination of ups and downs in their relationship leaves her reeling when he won’t explain. A book to keep you interested all the way through.
Charline Bonham
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Highways or Duke

Brother's can be such a pain. They want her to marry and the man they choose is the Highway man. It must be a joke. What is the Duke really up to? The king will not let him confide in his wife and he could loose her. Well written and full of interesting details.
Gayle
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable romance

This is a rewrite of a more explicit novel. As such it spends a lot of time focusing on the sex the characters aren't having. I found the actual story line and the historical setting much more interesting. I'm sorry the two themes had to compete. I wish there had been a way to maintain the personal struggles without taking away from the storyline.
Gypsy
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

It was a nice and clean story. No sex in it. The characters were lovable. What I liked about it is that the chapters were short. But the story overall was great. I would read it again. It also made me want to find out how her brothers fell in love with their spouses.
Caitlin
A bit more stretched than the other of this series I have read. It's like they took two plots to fill the gap left from leaving the more explicit scenes out. Still a fun read, but pretty predictable.
Kim Marie Kesmetis
Engaging, sweet romance with enough suspense to make it a page turner

Thank-you for the sweet romance and fun adventure. Love this series of books and the strong women role models. Love that they are all virtuous and have their own minds.
Inspire
Pretty good fast read. Would of given another star but for the going on about lack of trust and the interlude in Scotland could have been a little less about all the relatives and more believable. The Chase series is quite good.
Janet Wild
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another delightful read from Lauren Royal

I enjoyed this book as much as the previous one I read. The historical settings are very good and link well to the actual places themselves. Characters are a delight and develop well as the tale unfolds
Mahima
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
The intensity grew with each chapter. The mystery to the black highwayman was too very refreshing on the part of Dukes and royalties. But somewhere between the grip was loosing. Beginning and climax was very endearing. Overall a worth read.
Sharon Wagner
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Great book!

Absolutely wonderful! This 4th book of the Chase family was awesome. Loved the characters they were perfect and lovable. The storyline was so exciting and full of adventure and romance.
Michelle
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Trick and Kendra. Meh. It must have just been me, but I didn't find this book very interesting at all. I kept picking it up, putting it down, re-reading what I'd just read because it wasn't memorable.
Lesley
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Lauren & Devon Royal produce yet another superb book together. A forced marriage, highway robbery, purloined treasure, murder and counterfeiting - there is no time for boredom with this novel. Highly recommended.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 02, 2016 10:33AM
  • Masquerading the Marquess (Lords of Intrigue, #1)
  • Gallant Match (Masters at Arms, #5)
  • What a Gentleman Desires (Redgrave #3)
  • The Fourth Horseman (Gareth & Gwen Medieval Mysteries, #3)
  • After the Scandal (The Reckless Brides, #4)
  • Brighter than Gold (Western Rebels #1)
  • Kissed
  • Deceived (The Wicked Woodleys, #2)
  • Nothing But Velvet (Litchfield, #1)
  • Lord of Seduction (The Risande Family, #3)
  • Sins of a Ruthless Rogue (Sinners Trio, #2)
  • The Defiant Heart (Heart, #2)
  • The Warrior's Bride (Lairds of the Loch, #3)
  • Autumn's Flame (The Graistan Chronicles, #4)
  • The Secret Wedding (Malloren, #9)
  • My Valiant Knight
  • The Thames River Murders (Captain Lacey, #10)
  • Her Ladyship's Companion (Spymasters, #0.5)
I decided to become a writer in the third grade (or, as my Canadian friends call it, grade three), after winning a "Why My Mother is the Greatest" essay contest and having my entry published in a major newspaper. Seeing my words in print was a thrill! But everyone told me it's too hard for novelists to get published, so after college I spent fourteen years as the CEO of my own jewelry store chain ...more

Chase Family (8 books)
  • Amethyst (The Jewel Trilogy, #1)
  • Emerald (The Jewel Trilogy, #2)
  • Forevermore (The Jewel Trilogy #2.5)
  • Violet (The Flower Trilogy, #1)
  • Lily (The Flower Trilogy, #2)
  • Rose (The Flower Trilogy, #3)
  • A Secret Christmas (Chase Family #8)
“I’m sorry I got angry. It won’t happen again, I promise.” Jason released a choked laugh. “Of course it will happen again. We’re family.” 0 likes
“engraved rim. “It’s beautiful.” “He’ll probably melt it down.” “No,” she breathed,” 0 likes