Start by marking “Wytches #2” as Want to Read:
Wytches #2

Wytches #2

(Wytches (Single Issues) #2)

A busload of children disappears in the woods. A strange bite grows on a girl's neck. And the wytches are getting closer, creeping from the woods. Be there for the terrifying second chapter of the new smash hit, WYTCHES.
Comic Book, 33 pages
Published November 12th 2014 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Wytches #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wytches #2

Sam Quixote
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
If you go down to the woods today, you’re sure of a big… yawn!

Scott Snyder’s Wytches continues to have a surprisingly leaden story in this second issue. The series follows Sailor, a troubled young girl living in a house surrounded by wytch-infested trees. Her father writes and draws a popular children’s book while her mother is a former healthcare professional who was put in a wheelchair after a car accident.

Not a whole lot happens in this issue: Sailor was bitten by a wytch which causes her to
Jedi JC Daquis
Nov 01, 2016 rated it liked it
All of a sudden, things escalated pretty quick! The witch (or witches, I don't know really) started their attacks on Sailor and her family members.

Although Jock's thick jagged lines augments the tension that Snyder is building up in the story, his art lacks the subtlety that will haunt you. Yes, visuals are scary when it is there, but they don't stick with you once you turn the page.

The dialogue is what also shines in this issue, Snyder has the knack for keeping the reader's attention.
Kristijan
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nastavak Veštica je mnogo bolji. Grafika je i dalje fenomenalna (posebno kolorit), likovi postaju "opipivlji", radnja napreduje i konstantno se održava napetost kao i totalno "spooky" atmosfera.
Jedina zamerka - dužina :(
Dakle, mnogo bolje od prvog dela, apsolutno intrigantno, čita se u jednom dahu, i definitivno se neki crteži moraju "dubinski" analizirati.
Darinda
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read in Wytches, Volume 1. A creepy take on witches in the woods. Once you're pledged, you're pledged. There is no escaping the wytches.

#2 - Sailor is having nightmares. Some flashback's to the mom's accident.

An exciting witch story with great artwork. Fun to read.
MerryMeerkat

3 Stars, Borrow it

Self Purchase, Comixology

I’m pretty confused as to what is going on. The description from Comixology says a busload of children disapear in the woods. I really didn’t see that happening. Sailor drove a bus into the woods but there weren’t children on the bus as far as I could tell. I liked the first issue more than is. I bought through issue 6 since comixology had a sale on. If I have time I’ll read some more. But honestly this series is pretty confusing. I really do like the a
Lidija
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Odlične boje.
Scout
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another delightfully creepy issue. How will I last til December..
Alain
Jan 17, 2016 added it
Awesome stuff!!! :-)
zoni
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
A história melhorou e cresceu consideravelmente, não consigo nem acreditar que s volume me prendeu tanto e me deixou com tanta vontade de saber logo o final da HQ e ao mesmo tempo não querer acabar a leitura.

Nesse volume nós temos a volta do suspense e do terror, e ganha uma ação bem colocada na história também, acho que era isso que estava faltando para me prender. A ação, ver os personagens agindo, aparecendo e dando mais vida a história.

As bruxas também resolveram dar as caras e elas são tot
BookLady
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good!
Rosie Wedge
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love where the story seems to be heading, the plot is beginning to really take off now that the story has been set. I love the characters, and still think the artwork is awesome and super creepy.
D Jella
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This series really is shaping out to be something truly outstanding. This is a very real horror based comic, and it doesn't skip on imaginative designs. Seriously, the stuff that should look cool in this comic, looks pretty fantastic.

I reviewed the first comic after its release and didn't hesitate to give it a positive rating. I stated that anyone who speaks poorly about the first issue is nothing more than negative nancy (just maybe not that phrasing) but I feel that this issue truly solidifies
Leah
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
I gave this an extra star after reading it because I wanted to like this Issue more than I did, but I removed it now. I'm definitely going to give this comic a few more issues, but WYTCHES #2 just fell really short for me.

The writing:

Overall, not much happened in this issue, so it was pretty boring to me. Believe me, I want to love this comic. The idea behind it seems like this comic may end up being thrilling and intriguing has hell, but this issue wasn't the start of that.

The art:

I love the ar
Valeria Rios Rosales
May 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Se empiezan a volver adictivos, me gustan un poco tenebroso
Derek
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books, horror
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What an issue!

Sail wakes up to find lacerations and bite marks on her neck, she believes the trees have sent back Annie to haunt her, something that makes Lucy and Charlie schedule an appointment with a shrink. On the other hand, tests are carried out on her neck and not only can't the doctors tell what it is, but it turns out that the tests show that the cells on Sail's neck aren't hers, but for an old, old woman.
Sail's uncle, Reggie, who's also Charlie's editor, and or agen
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
The story feels like it picks up, or at least the characters' backstories begin to be revealed. I can see how some tweaking Wytches might find the series "slow," but for me, the creepiness comes from the moodiness of the setting and the omnipresent dread of whatever horrors will finally be revealed, happening to characters with whom we've come to empathize. Much of the mood and foreshadowing comes from Jock's haunting art and Hollingsworth's creepy coloring/watercolor splatter (although, sometim ...more
Adrian Alvarez
Mar 01, 2015 rated it liked it
The second installment in Scott Snyder's horror comic is still intriguing, and certainly maintains a sense of atmosphere, but not a lot really happens in terms of story. The introduction of a witch (wytch?) bite on Sailor's neck is interesting, the fact that it contains tissue belonging to an old woman is interesting, but these are like half finished sentences and I can't judge whether these ideas will be worthwhile or not until I know what the story had in mind. I'm still into the series but th ...more
مصطفي سليمان
يمكن الايقاع هنا بدأ يريح بس فعلا انا كنت مشدود وانا بقرأ
الاصوات بتبدا تهاجم البنت والخيالات لدرجة انها بتقرر تروح للغابة

ف نفس الوقت ست غريبة جدا بتهاجم الاب وبتحذره ان النهاية قربت

البنت بتاخد اتوبيس المدرسة وبتروح الغابة صاحب ابوها بيشوفها وبيروح وراها بيظهروا الكائنات

وبنشوف ان فيه ناس عارفه الموضوع دا

لو كنت اعرف انها لسه شغاله مكنتش بدات بس للاسف بدات مش بحب أتعلق ابدا

Kristen
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
And we're building...and we're building...
The art is so incredible. Harper keeps trying to sneak-read these- "Noooooo, little sister! I'd like you to be able to take walks in the woods and to sleep at night!" (Finding a tall shelf.)
Roxanne
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Everything about this is just amazing, if you don't do graphic novels or just think they're all about men in tights then definitely read this it will change your mind completely whilst scaring the shit out of you.
Damon
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm still not certain what is going on, but the author is stringing me along. Enjoying the artistic character of this comic.
Rainey
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy fucking bananas! What just happened??
Katie
Aug 10, 2015 rated it liked it
I don't think I will continue with this comic... The art got a little better, and the story is okay... But its just not enough..
Luke
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
wicked. cant wait for future issues.
Sierra
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really like the colours and characters so far.
Rachel MacNaught
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Interested in the plot but given nothing in this instalment. Felt as though I must be missing half of it to justify for little that occurred.
Jamie Walden
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I love this series. I prefer mostly horror genre on comics , novels, movies. This #2 in the series did not disappoint .
Michelle
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yup...still creepy and scary.
Missy
Sep 13, 2015 added it
I wanna know who pledged Sailor!!!
Mateo R.
* Lugares: Litchfield, New Hampshire, Estados Unidos.
* Ambientes: Bosque, escolar, hospital.
* Figuras recurrentes: Historietista.
* Deportes: Natación.

• Kill or be Killed #1
  • Outcast #1
  • Saga #28
  • Pretty Deadly #5
  • Mind the Gap, Volume 2: Wish You Were Here
Scott Snyder is the Eisner and Harvey Award winning writer on DC Comics Batman, Swamp Thing, and his original series for Vertigo, American Vampire. He is also the author of the short story collection, Voodoo Heart, published by the Dial Press in 2006. The paperback version was published in the summer of 2007.

Wytches (Single Issues) (6 books)
  • Wytches #1