Start by marking “Dangerous Temptations” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Temptations

Dangerous Temptations

One night was all it took...
One night to ruin everything I thought I knew.

From the outside, I had the perfect lifestyle.
Wealthy fiancé, blossoming career, amazing friends.

I wasn’t looking to get married yet, but when William—“Manhattan’s royalty”—charmed his way into my life, I couldn’t deny the security and comfort that overcame me.

To society, I was the girl only after h
ebook
Published February 25th 2015 by Brooke Cumberland (first published February 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Temptations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Temptations

Vanessa
Review to come!

**FULL REVIEW**

“We were two people who would’ve never been destined to meet had I not moved to the city a year ago. But something stronger pulled us together, and a year later…”

***

“I should’ve felt fear, nervous even, to be lying side by side in a bed with a man I couldn’t remember meeting, but I didn’t. It was as if my body remembered everything, and my mind just hadn’t caught up yet.”

Mackenzie Hewitt is seriously stuck in the love triangle to end all love triangles! When I sta
Ashleyjo
Mar 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
First of all, I loved that this book included a plot point about Coalition For The Homeless & spotlighted the struggle of children raised by parents incapable or unwilling to provide for them as well as the message that, with a little help, these children can still have success stories.

That said, that was all I liked about this book:(

I try to give authors two shots before I write them off on my 'do not read' list. I read "The Intern Serials" and hated the series. Sadly, "Dangerous Temptati
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Many people didn't like this because of the inappropriateness of Alex and Mac's relationship, but I have to say that personally I liked it. It worked for me, because it does actually happen. So I could believe it.

No, there wasn't any excuse for the cheating on Mac's part but the synopsis makes you fully aware of what you're getting into before you start this, so it's pointless to read it and moan. It just makes you look silly.

Anyway, I loved 90% of this book but I have to say that I wanted more
The Junkie's Fix (Cecilemely)
1- 1.5 Stars

First and foremost, I love the COVER! and the blurb promises one hell of an angst ride (my guilty pleasure)! But, it's just a promise. And the famous line "promises are bound to be broken" suits well. I don't like to bash authors because I know that they did give their best to give a very good book but damn, I feel like I've been cheated on. I'm maybe in the minority here but I didn't connect with the story at all. I didn't feel anything... i didn't feel anything for the MCs, not
Karen Mc
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy hot and heavy Dangerous Temptations! This book is the best kind of danger: delicious, dirty, and oh-so-divine. Brooke Cumberland wowed me with a wonderfully wicked, witty, and delight of a story! Forget the step-brother romance or take the trendy step-brother story up a notch and make it soon-to-be step-mother and step-son! Dangerous Temptations is dangerous, and terribly tempting indeed.

This story is so super sexy and sinful...pure addiction. I had a hard time putting these pages of pure
Ashley Suzanne
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ... Brooke's best book (story and writing) to date!!! And let me just say ... I LOVE THE TABOO!!!!! It makes me so happy ... Thank you Brooke for having the courage to tell the story that needed to be told before you told the story you thought people would fight you over ... TABOOOOOOO!!!!!

I love Alex ... I love Mac ... I even kinda love William ... I love triangles ... I love taboo ... I love Brooke ... I loved this story <3 <3 <3
Lily Rose
Nov 25, 2014 marked it as to-read
The unfaithful and HEA parts make me shiver with worried trepidation.
Supposed William is the hero...
Pete
Sep 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Dangerous Temptations is a book by Brooke Cumberland . Ok, so the cover made me pick up this book. From it I surmised that it would be a romance with some dangerous temptations to deal with.

Love triangles and emotional roller coasters with lots of suspense, cheating, and some drama. Of course moments of steam and romance were present, but overall I wasn’t enjoying the disconnectedness.
Red Cheeks Reads
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"I had a full night of sinful, hot, wild sex, and I didn't even remember it!"

Dangerous Temptations is a stand-alone novel by Brooke Cumberland that is full of suspense, sex and deceit. I was wrapped up in from the very first page and was full of anxiety the entire time I was reading trying to decide who she would end up with and who I wanted her to end up with. Dangerous Temptations is a wickedly sinful love triangle full of lies, deceit and a taboo relationship that will make you feel awkward
Megan
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-arc
3.5 Stars
First the cover!! I love everything about the cover Every time I saw it I wanted to read the book even more. The color combination, the wording position, her grabbing his pants... his scruff!!! The cover deserves it's own rating- Boom a 5 Star cover!!

Ahh, you never know when a book will have a good triangle until it hits you in the face. That's exactly what happened. I read the blurb and still it didn't enter my mind. But that's nothing... nothing. That was such a small little plot that
Jos
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 Stars *SLIGHT SPOILERS READ WITH CAUTION

I finally got around to reading this book and I liked it a lot, I just didn't love it! Yes, it was the usual, hot and sexy, great writing, a great premise as well but maybe I wished it played out a bit differently at least for me personally, oh and Alex, oh my, he was just....wow, did I LOVE him!!!!! I guess how the storyline itself played out for me was just hmmmm not sure how I want to explain it. The storyline was ok, I guess, maybe it's because I
Gilgamesha
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
At first the relationship dynamics between the main characters were kind of weird, but I guess nothing works out neatly in real life so I could appreciate it for its realism. The book was very well written and edited to near perfection. The plot was was novel but a bit shaky and unconvincing at times. The conflict between Alex and Mac was not really resolved to my satisfaction. I mean why did he feel the need to say those things about her? The only explanation provided was that she wasn't meant ...more
Julie
Definitely worth the read for me. William, a good looking older man, twice Mac's age, great shape and very wealthy, but I call a bore, that's my opinion. Mac didn't see "it" coming but if I were her, I'd be glad it did! Lucky girl.
MACKENZIE, SHE'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT, READ THE STORY!
LOTS OF THIS

Brie
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dangerous Temptations takes you down a dangerous road full of lies, deceit, temptation, love and redemption. This story covers a topic not a lot of people like to read about and not a lot of authors will write about. Brooke Cumberland took a chance and wrote a love story that is deceptive, yet beautiful.

So freaking treacherous and risky, yet alluring.

"One wrong decision changed the course of my life, and I hadn’t seen it coming."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I fell in love with both the h/H even before I got my hands on th
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
I'm a really big fan of this author and her other books, so when I heard about this book, I knew I wanted to read it straightaway! And then I saw the cover, which basically made me want the book right there and then lol! The synopsis for this book is also a bit vague, so I wasn't 100% sure what to expect from it until I started reading it! I really, really enjoyed this book though! It wasn't like I was expecting it to be! It was so much better than I was expecting it to be lol! The plot was also ...more
Miranda Whore
Review for Dangerous Temptations by Brooke Cumberland

I’ve read a lot of books already this year, and I have to say Dangerous Temptations is one of my favorites. From storyline to character development — romance, relationships, drama, smut, and everything in between this book will run you through a gamut of emotions. Just when you think you’ve got it all figured out, Cumberland throws in a curveball.

William is the perfect gentleman. Polished, refined, and successful. He’s determined that he and
Chrissy
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
Dangerous Temptations is a stand alone novel that will take you on a road of twists and turns, lies and deceit, and a lot of hotness!

I have been a huge fan of Brooke Cumberland’s writing and am always looking forward to the next book she releases, and Dangerous Temptations definitely lived up to all the hype. I fell in love with these characters and definitely could feel the emotions that Mac was going through throughout this entire story.

We meet Mackenzie “Mac” as she gets herself stuck into a
Margie   'CSR' Fite
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steamy, erotica
I absolutely loved this book! Brooke Cumberland is one of my favorite authors... And she did not fail on this book!! I know some people may have issues with this book,
But the way Ms Cumberland addressed the issue and handled the story I felt not only did she take a chance, but she did a nice job... She handled everyone's feelings
And some superficial, Other.. True to the heart, and also deprived of love from a mother so naive....
So given that... I will let you figure who is who and why I say she
Shayna
A totally enjoyable, intoxicating read! Dangerous Temptations delves into a world of forbidden seduction, where you are left to wonder how something so wrong, can feel so right. This scandalous and scorching hot romance left me enamored and overheated. The blurb will reel you in, but you have no idea what wicked delights Ms. Cumberland has in store for you. Some of you avid romance readers might shy away from this book, and have some apprehension about the 'one unfaithful night' part in the syno ...more
Night Owl Reads
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dangerous Temptations Review:

Dangerous Temptations follows a young women named Mackenzie, a New York City fashion blogger for Boxy Magazine. When she meets William Landcaster, New York powerhouse, he sweeps her off her feet. Shortly after dating they get engaged, making everyone think she was just some gold-digger after his money. But one night was all it took to take away everything she thought she wanted.

When Alex comes into her life unexpectedly, he changes EVERYTHING, making her question wha
Jenny Brightman Harris
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review and let me tell you wowza. This book is so good from the first page to the very last word you will not want to put this book down.

In this book we meet Mac (Mackenzie Hewitt) and Alex (Alexander) in this book Mac has grown up under a hard life (you will find out how hard as you get farther into the book) but one day she meet Mr. William Lancaster on that day her life starts to change. It does not matter to Mac that Will is twice her age or is t
Debbie
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Yes, Mac is engaged to marry William. But how could she want him when Alex is offering, in clear descriptive detail, what he's offering? Seriously! I could read pages of that man talking. And when he smirks, yeah I was a goner.

Mac wakes up after a drunken bachelorette party for a friend, in the bed of a man who is not her fiance. Funny enough, she also doesn't remember much. However it's clear the connection between Mac and Alex is instant and its hot. But more than that, she's comfortable
Extravagant Blog
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dangerous Temptations is my favorite Brooke Cumberland Brooke.

Mackenzie (Mac) didn't have a very fair life when growing up, but when the book starts you see that she's worked hard to forget that life, and to make it to a point in life where she's happy. She's got a good job, and she's engaged to man she seems love, who happens to be pretty rich. William and Mackenzie seem to have a pretty simple routine. They seem to be in love, happy, and everything is simple...

Until one night full of Dangerou
Samantha  Kurtz of Sammy's Book Obsession
5 Stars From Sammy's Book Obsession

MY THOUGHTS~

I was provided with a Review Copy/ARC for review.

Seriously, in my opinion, Dangerous Temptations is Author Brooke Cumberland's best work yet! I loved it! Like, I'm surely going to re-read several times before I even remotely tire of it, kind of loved it! It's hot, sexy, complicated, emotional, taboo to some I suppose, and just utterly an awesome read! I'm actually kind of wishing it wasn't a stand alone. It's a complete story though, so I can't
BookSmacked
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is scandalously good !!!

One mistake can be all you need to turn your world upside down. Mackenzie comes from nothing she's struggled and has managed to find the fairytale life.

This book starts off showing us that fairytale hea and then bam one night changes that. At first I honestly wasn't sure if I would enjoy this book as much I did. Mac seems to have found a good life and in one night all of that is seemingly ruined.

This story though is more than you think and as I continued readin
Jen Cothran
Mackenzie and Mr. Lancaster have a slow burn and comfortable relationship. And it’s the repetition and comfort that keep Mackenzie happy with how things are. No sudden changes and no surprises until she wakes up next to Alex. Alex is temptation and sin and even though she is engaged to Mr. Lancaster, one night with Alex will threaten everything she held dear. The chemistry is there even if she can’t remember, but ‘feel’ what happened the night before. “I didn’t want to be attracted to him, but c ...more
Stefanie
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am in shock and awe over this book. I didn't see it turning out the way it did. I loved it. I could not put it down. Mac is such a strong character, even if you think she's terrible for the cheating thing. She has over came so much in her life and even though she hadn't experienced many relationships, she opened herself up to one that she thought would be forever. Until the smoking hot Alex comes into the picture and turns her world upside down and making her see that the relationship she's in ...more
Kelly Mccurdy
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~~I received this in exchange for my honest opinion~~

What can I say? I love love love this book. I didn't want the book to end. And when it did, I was sad. So I read it again. Mac is engaged to William, a very powerful and wealthy business man. Alex just returned home from Europe. Secrets and stolen moments surround Mac and Alex, but will it all come crashing down around them?

I have been reading Brooke's work ever since I found her. I love all of the books that he has written. Each book is diff
Glenna Maynard
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, favorites
ooh the feels! This book had the angst and the steam and that Alex what dirty mouth he has but oh man did it make me swoon. I never do spoilers and well if ya wanna know the emotional roller coaster I just rode then you gotta read. I floved it could not put it down! if you love hot sexy romance with unexpected twist then you best be reading this when it releases. I am still trying to process something that was revealed! ooh Brooke woman! shaking my fist at you but man it was a fantastic story!
Michelle Krystel
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When you think really know someone, and you have your life all figured out. But a one night stand changes everything what Don you do??? This is Mac's story! Does she fight to save her engagement with William or go the complete opposite direction and go for. One night stand sexy Alex??? I loved this book Brooke!!! Definitely 5 stars plus!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• G.I. BABY
  • The Girl Across the Hall
  • Pursued by the Viscount (Regency Unlaced, #4)
  • Operation Atonement
  • Being Zolt (Indulging, #2)
  • LUCA - Her Ruthless Don (Ruthlessly Obsessed Duet, Book 1): 50 Loving States, New York, Pt. 1 (Ruthless Tycoons 3)
  • After Thoughts
  • Plowed (Blue Collar Bad Boys, #7)
  • It's Just Love, Not a Time Bomb
  • Malevolent (Darkness #1)
  • Leashing the Virgin: A Bad Boy Romance
  • Pleasure Extraordinaire 3 (Pursuit, #6)
  • Marrying his Brother: A Fake Fiance Romance
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • Make Me
  • No Way Out: Kari (Trek Mi Q'an, #8)
  • Unsurpassed (No Rival #1)
  • Twisted Souls (Twisted, #1)
Brooke Cumberland is a USA Today Bestselling author who wears many hats on any given day. She also co-writes under the USA Today Bestselling duo pseudonym, Kennedy Fox with her literary soul mate, Lyra Parish. She lives in the frozen tundra of Packer Nation with her husband, 7-year-old wild child, and two teenage stepsons. When she’s not writing, you can find her reading love stories, listening to ...more
“Every time I look at you, I see my future. Every time I touch you, I feel your love. Every time I lick my lips, I taste you. Only you.” 2 likes
“He smiled just before turning and walking toward the door. “Like I just said…I don’t play by the rules.” 1 likes