Start by marking “One Fine Day” as Want to Read:
One Fine Day

One Fine Day

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Just a boy standing in front of a girl…

Steve Mason returns from Hollywood after 15 years to catch up with his sister, Ruby. He’s miserable because the woman he was planning on marrying has dumped him.

He’s now worried that with his A-list celebrity status he won’t find a woman who genuinely loves him. Ruby devises a plan to disguise Steve, so that he is unrecognisable as th
Published January 8th 2015 by Harper Impulse

To ask other readers questions about One Fine Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Fine Day

Kim
Mar 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, net-galley, 2015
This was a nice pleasant read. Steve Mason is very famous and after being dumped by the woman he wanted to marry he thinks he will never find someone who doesn’t see past celebrity and love him for who he is.

He disguises himself and starts working in the bar his sister manages. He’s hoping to meet normal girls who see him as a normal guy. He hasn’t seen his sister for a long time and his time away from the spotlight gives their relationship a chance to develop again and work through past issues
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
First off, I want to say that this novel is close to my heart. Not because I am celebrity, which I am not, but I have a nephew who's into showbizness, he's part of a top-rating TV series and from time to time, he tells me that feels the same way as Steve Mason. He's had a hard time going incognito, even when going to the nearest parking lot. I'm not going to drop names here, for confidentiality purposes, but as far as I know, there are times when he wants to keep a low profile, to just sit back ...more
Beyond the Pages
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fay Keenan
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, Satisfying and Simply Divine!

When Hollywood superstar Steve Mason has his heart broken, he is determined to shake off the trappings of his glitterati lifestyle and find a woman, a real woman, with whom he can share the rest of his life. What follows is a romantic tale of love, loss and Clark Kent disguises as Steve sheds the trappings of his success and enlists his beloved sister Ruby to find him The One.

One Fine Day is a romantic novel with a Bristolian twist. I had as much fun recognisi
Shona Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is the first book by Morgan that I've read so I had no idea of what to expect, what I got was a enjoyable read that kept me turning the pages until I had devoured the entire book.

The majority of the books I read all seem to have a female as the main character (it's not deliberate on my part, it just seems to happen), so it was rather nice to have a guy as the main... although we do get a little bit from the perspectives of a couple of the females in the book.

For the most part I liked Steve
Jane Hunt
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
One Fine Day by Teresa F. Morgan

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

One Fine Day is an easy read, featuring the contemporary themes of celebrity and the paparazzi. Its characters make a simple plot into an engaging story. There are no big surprises but the ending is wonderfully romantic.

Ruby is my favourite character, she idolises her famous big brother despite their estrangement. As they begin to rebuild their family ties, the reasons for Steve's absence emer
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
2 1/2*

I would like to thank NetGalley and HarperCollins, HarperImpulse for providing me with a free copy of One Fine Day by Teresa F. Morgan in eschange for an honest review.

If you like Mills and Boon style romances, you are likely to enjoy this one.

When Steve's relationship, for which he had great hopes, with a Hollywood actress expires in a very public manner, he decides to take some time out to resurrect his relationship with his estranged sister Ruby.

It is not easy being famous and having th
Karen Whittard
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was such a pleasure and an honour to meet Teresa F Morgan on the 29th August at Waterstones signing of her two books. An impromptu trip to Weston Super Mere for my mums birthday and wandered into Waterstones where I met this lovely author. After a little chat telling me about her books Teresa signed them for me and I recently got giving them from my mum and dad for my birthday. I have to say that the first book I picked up was One fine day. I found it a very enjoyable read so easy to get into ...more
Rachel Gilbey
Feb 29, 2016 rated it liked it
One Fine Day is a sweet romance, that has shades of a Hollywood movie. Steve is a massive film star, and hasn't scene his sister properly in 15 years. He was all set to get married to his movie star girlfriend, when she dumps him. So he decides on some time out and heads home to Ruby.

All Steve wants though is love and marriage, but he isn't sure he can trust anyone to not just want him because he is rich and is a film star. Ruby comes up with a plan, for him to stay with her anonymously, and fo
Isha Coleman
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I really enjoyed this story. One Fine Day By: Teresa F. Morgan is a keeper. The main character in the story (Steve) is a Hollywood star who wants to find someone who loves him for himself and not his fame. While visiting his sister (Ruby) suggests that he leaves the Hollywood persona behind and create an alter ego. This will allow him to enjoy a taste of living normally while searching for the girl of his dreams. Cute story. A MUST READ!!!
Wendy Jones
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
How do you know if someone likes you for you? Steve and Ruby have both had problems with that. That's why they come up with a plan. Bristol's answer to Notting Hill. A tale of the struggle to find true love when you're famous.
Erin
A sweet and engaging read! Mainly down to its sweet and engaging protagonist. I loved Steve/Stuart and I was rooting for him the whole way. Ruby was my favourite character though - I'd love for her to get a standalone! :)

Perfect contemporary escapism.
Tracy
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Looking for a nice easy read. Romance and mystery in one book. Read the full review at OurBookClub.
Reading in Black & White
This was a fun chick-lit book. Nothing too special or memorable, but fun!
Lynda Meyers
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
it was an ok read bt not a favourite of mine.wldnt recommend it to anyone.
Agi
Dec 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
I have spotted this book on NetGalley and after reading the blurb I was sure it must be a great read. I mean, a Hollywood star, in disguise? Wow. Having not read Teresa F. Morgan before I started "One Fine Day" full of hope of great expectations.

Devastated after being dumped by a girl with whom Steve hoped to spend the rest of his life, after 15 years of living in Hollywood and becoming a film star, he's heading home to take a rest and think through on some things. Home means only his younger si
Jeannie Zelos
Jan 09, 2015 rated it liked it

One Fine Day, Teresa F. Morgan
Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews
Genre: Contemporary Romance

This sounded like a real fun read, but somehow I just felt underwhelmed when I finished it. It was one of those Nice books, with Nice people and a Nice plot...and I was looking for drama and excitement. It didn’t happen.
 I liked the idea of a huge film star working in a small hotel, hiding who he was. Mr top ten sexiest man becoming an everyday hotel bartender. The change of venue worked, if he’d
Shawna
Feb 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
Didn't finish. The premise was fun, but the execution felt flat. I put it down after the beginning of a fairly explicit "scene".
The Stranger You Miss
rated it did not like it
Feb 24, 2015
Jenny Cartledge
Oct 19, 2016
anita peterson
Nov 10, 2017
Bethany
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Likeable characters and funny situations. A nice, light read.
Peta Mcinerney
Miss H Donovan
Jul 16, 2017
Valerie
Feb 07, 2015
I was born and bred in Surrey, but since 1998 I have lived in sunny Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset. I live with my two sons - trying very hard to hold onto my Surrey accent!

For years I persevered with boring jobs, until my two boys joined my nest and I was allowed to stay at home. In an attempt to find something to work around my sons, and to ensure I never endured full time boredom again, I fo
More about Teresa F. Morgan...