Start by marking “This Quiet Sky” as Want to Read:
This Quiet Sky

This Quiet Sky

Published 2014 by Mason Jar Books

To ask other readers questions about This Quiet Sky, please sign up.
Anne There is no language in this book and only one or two kisses, if I remember correctly.

Start your review of This Quiet Sky
Faith
Remind me again how I'm supposed to return to normal life after that? *sobs*
Maddy
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely amazing. I can’t even describe just how beautiful it is. I loved it so much and have read it multiple times now.

I was pulled into the story from the very beginning. The setting and characters of this book are perfect. You will fall in love with this story. This book is just so real. It doesn’t have the perfect “happily ever after” ending and that makes this book that much more special. This book is full of dreams and heartbreak, and it is the most beautiful book I have
Victoria Goodbrand
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i want my heart back
absolutely heartbreakingly beautiful story that stole my heart forever. wow, is really all i can say. this book. so beautiful. so touching. so amazing. so . . . . well, wow.
4.5/5 stars, half a star off just bc of some details that disgusted me a tad bit.
R.F. Gammon
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book had no permission to break my heart like that.
Shantelle
This book ... so sad, but so beautiful! Joanne Bischof writes with such tenderness and grace! I loved her other books, and loved this bittersweet, little novella, This Quiet Sky.

It centers around a sixteen-year-old girl, Sarah, who attends a one-room schoolhouse in 1885. There she meet Tucker O'Shay, the boy who rocks her world; who heightens her dreams. The boy who is ill. In a breathless tale of discovery and heartache, we hear Sarah's story.
This Quiet Sky connects to Joanne Bischof's THE
Emilee
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, heartbreaking, sweet, sad this book is all of that. I could not put it down. Have a box of tissues handy.
Rachelle Cobb
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-read
This book will impact you.

With her signature grace and heartwarming style, Joanne has crafted yet another unforgettable story: this time it may not end the way you expect.

Going in, I knew how things might play out, so I was prepared to cry. Little did I know how *joyful* the end of the book would leave me. Not only because the ending left some unexpected hope to be had, but because the entire story was just that: one of hope.

Sarah is relatable, shy, not great at math. But Tucker is, so he
Jazzy [ jazbooked ]
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing

HOLY HOLY HOLY COW THIS IS NOT OKAY I HATE THIS SO MUCH I HATE IT ALL I CAN'T EVEN NOPE NOPE THIS IS NOT HAPPENING. Jk it's happening. AGAINST MY WILL. Wow. My heart. My poor, poor heart. Nobody should feel this kind of pain, okay? This is so wrong. I should not be so mad at this. I shouldn't have woken in the middle of the night after finishing this book, in tears, my chest literally aching because of these stupidly adorable characters. This should not be
Deborah
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just. Too. Sweet. My heart can't take it. *tears flow*

Sarah Grace Grzy
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 16+ for romance
Recommended to Sarah Grace by: Micaiah
I am not okay right now.

I am just not okay.

I am so. Not. Okay.

(view spoiler)

This book hurt my heart. Don't read it if you don't want to cry, or at least have your heart broken.

Sarah and Tucker were such sweet, amazing characters. I wasn't super attached to them at first, but eventually they captured my heart. Tucker's
Hannah
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I cannot tell you guys the last time a book made me feel so much! This book is absolutely beautiful!!! It made me smile, and cry (something I rarely do when reading books). Tucker is one of the most beautiful characters I've ever met <3 His and Sarah's story is just heart breaking and I loved every bit of it! I will definitely reread this one again in the future. 5 stars. I highly recommend it!!!!
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“There is nothing extraordinary about Tucker O’Shay’s dreams. Go to college. Become president. Fall in love. And pretend like he has enough time to get it all done.
Sixteen-year-old Sarah Miller doesn’t expect anything out of the ordinary when she begins her first day at the one-room-school house in her new hometown of Rocky Knob. But when she meets seventeen-year-old Tucker O’Shay—the boy with the fatal illness who volunteers to tutor her in algebra—she finds herself swept up
m a r y l i z
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Re-Read December 2017:

Ouchhhhhh. I stayed up till 2 am ugly crying over this book because my poor heart. This story was crushing. Beautiful. Inspiring. Important.

And it taught me to listen for the sound of the cavalry.

His eyes are still closed, voice soft and near. Just for me. "I heard the cavalry when you sat beside me that first day."

5 stars!

///

WHO GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO CRUSH MY HEART AGAIN?! Seriously, I'm still recovering from Some Kind of Happiness, no need to kill my feels again.

But
Mandy
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, contemporary
Quick, sweet, tragic. Sort of reminded me of a hallmark movie in that sense. Good for when you have a feel hours to kill and want some feels. You know from page one how it will end, but still you hope for some sort of miracle.
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Okay, I'll admit it: this book didn't exactly blow me away like I was hoping/expecting it would (my rating is between 3.5 and 4 stars; I don't know which!). BUT it was still good and very, very sweet. <3
annika
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Historical Fic/Romance lovers
“You’re so focused on being normal that you haven’t realized that you’re actually not.” -Tucker

This Quiet Sky is a heart-wrenching story. I didn't expect to be moved by it as much as I thought I would. Tucker was such a well rounded character. He wasn't like the boys of typical romance novels today. He was unexplainable. The way he knew he was in pain but still wanted to be with Sarah is enough just to bring you to tears.

I guarentee you will love this story as much as I did and now I honestly
Jesseca Wheaton
This book. Wow, that hurt.
And now I have to go socialize. ;P
Full review to come!
Amanda Beguerie
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just ugly sobbed for the last quarter of the book. Fifteen solid minutes, and this book deserves all five stars I've given it, maybe even more than that.

This Quiet Sky broke my heart, and yet filled it with a lovely newness I've never felt before.

It was so beautiful, so heart-wrenching, and so refreshing. I'm kind of speechless, and this is definitely a new favorite.

I loved the sweet, sweet romance between Tucker and Sarah, how it was warm and tender, but never inappropriate.
I loved the
Melanie
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
So good, I can't even describe it! I needed tissues for about the last third -- the tears started to come like crazy. So sad, but such a great story.

First book I've read by Joanne, but I need to read her others. Definitely recommend This Quiet Sky!!
Karis
This book broke my heart. Honestly. I’m still sniffling, and my eyes are burning from crying. I was warned, knew the book plot, but still, this book broke through and crushed my heart. It’s beautiful, incredibly powerful, and heart-breaking.

I’ve heard it compared to Anne of Green Gables in its feel, and I have to agree in some respects; although this story was so unique and special compared to any other I’ve read. I loved the feel and setting of the story, and Tucker and Sarah’s first meeting in
Libby May
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So I just read this and if you follow me on Instagram you'll know that I already said this but SERIOUSLY! I haven't read a book this amazing and beautiful and just (my heart. I don't even know how to describe it) since I read I Don't Dance by Jesseca Wheaton. If you guys have known me for any amount of time you know I adore I Don't Dance. This book is as good. That's saying A LOT.

It is a romance, but so clean, and so sweet, and so beautiful, melodies. I hear the calvary. And I did cry. I cried.
Hannah Rodriguez
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Micaiah Saldaña
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
What I Loved...
Sarah and Tucker. Sarah is probably one of my favorite MCs of all time. She's so realistic and so strong, but in a quiet sort of way. I can definitely relate to her in her problems with algebra. xD I love how she interacts with the other characters, especially Tucker. And Tucker... Well, he's TUCKER. What's not to love?
Aaallll the feels. EVERYTHING about this book pulled at my heartstrings. I found myself smiling one minute, sighing the next, laughing a little bit, and then
Melani Crone
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books. Even if it will make your heart hurt. Sarah and Tucker- perfect yet impossible. Joanne Bischof does an excellent job spinning this tale, and it will really help your appreciation of the story if you read the Cadence of Grace series first. Don't miss this novella!
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ohmyword this book! it's so good!! it kind of had an 'Anne Of Green Gables' feel.
Tucker guys.
Tuckerrrr.
me loves him...

rating: clean (some kissing)
Carole Jarvis
See full review at The Power of Words: http://bit.ly/1I7N2TJ

I read This Quiet Sky last week, pondered for a while about what to say in my review, then decided to read it a second time instead. However, I'm still no closer to finding adequate words to do justice to this heartfelt and memorable story.

First, the tangibles. This Quiet Sky is a poignantly beautiful novella, exquisite in its simplicity, and a prequel to Be Still My Soul, book #1 in the Cadence of Grace series. It's a tender,
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: late-teens-17-19
{3.5 stars}

Okay, so I read this over a year ago and now have just been able to write a normal review. That's the bad thing about writing one right after you finish an emotional driven book. This. Book. Will. Make. You. Cry.

Sarah and Tucker are so sweet together. I was attached wtih them from the moment they meet at the school, and how well they compliment each other. I read this book in one sitting and was teary-eyed the rest of the day.

Now to the part that I always hate...

Dislikes:
-A little too
Beth
Oh, my heart! This story brings so many words to mind - tragic, yes, but also triumphant, poignant, tender, and beautiful. This is one of the more well-done novellas I've read. It is a complete story, and it is just long enough for a story of such depth. Perhaps it's a bit heavy, yes, but it's not without hope, nor is it depressing. It is real and features true-to-life sadness. Even knowing that this story was probably going to go a certain way, I still read eagerly, loving the prose and that ...more
Lawrence
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
This is a beautifully gripping book. Attachment to the characters is guaranteed ... as is a good cry. Definitely recommended.
Brittany
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This Quiet Sky is such a deeply moving, powerful story! I found myself connected to Sarah and Tucker right from the first chapter and that connection continued all the way through the book. This author has such a way with words. She tells the story from Sarah's perspective, which makes it so personal. There is such a sweetness in the way Sarah relates the tale to the reader.

There are certainly very touching moments in this novella, moments that have sadness woven into them. But the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Far Side of the Sea
  • The Mark of the King
  • The Number of Love (The Codebreakers, #1)
  • Many Sparrows
  • A Distance Too Grand (American Wonders Collection, #1)
  • A Bound Heart
  • My Heart Belongs in the Blue Ridge: Laurel's Dream
  • Flood Watch (Lantern Beach Mysteries #2)
  • A Moonbow Night
  • Yours Truly, Thomas
  • Vow of Justice (Blue Justice, #4)
  • A Refuge Assured
  • Until the Mountains Fall (Cities of Refuge, #3)
  • Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)
  • There You'll Find Me
  • Castle on the Rise (Lost Castle, #2)
  • A Desperate Hope (Empire State, #3)
  • The Wood's Edge (The Pathfinders, #1)
An ECPA Christy Award winner and an ACFW Carol Award winner, Joanne Bischof writes deeply layered fiction that tugs at the reader’s heartstrings. Joanne’s 2016 novel, THE LADY AND THE LIONHEART, received an extraordinary 5 Star TOP PICK! from Romantic Times Book Reviews among other critical acclaim. Joanne has a long-standing passion for romance and a budding fervor for theology. She is more and ...more
“Sometimes pain is kind of like love. It’s just turned inside out. That’s what makes it hurt so fiercely. It doesn’t mean that it’s bad, and as much as we want to wish it away, it may still come. And when it does, it only means that what’s living on the other end of it was loved. Greatly.” 12 likes
“Well, for one…” He tugs at the thread a few times. “I want to know how He defeated the grave.” Though Tucker has sunk his head deeper into the pillows, his mouth lifts in a bittersweet smile. Then his lashes rise toward the ceiling, and his expression grows serious, voice so very soft. “And for two…I want to know how heavy the cross was to carry.” Tears burn. “I want to know those ones, too.” “Do you?” His head shifts so he can look at me. To my surprise, his eyes are alight. I nod. Fiercely. “Then I’ll save those two for when you get there.” His voice is gentle. “We’ll ask Him together.” 6 likes