Start by marking “Ms. Marvel, Vol. 3: Crushed” as Want to Read:
Ms. Marvel, Vol. 3: Crushed

Ms. Marvel, Vol. 3: Crushed

(Ms. Marvel (Collected Editions) #3)

4.20  ·  Rating details ·  16,685 ratings  ·  1,325 reviews
Kamala faces a new, terrifying threat: Excessive feelings!

Love is in the air in Jersey City as Valentine’s Day arrives! Kamala Khan may not be allowed to go to the school dance, but Ms. Marvel is! Well sort of--by crashing it in an attempt to capture Asgard’s most annoying trickster! Yup, it’s a special Valentine’s Day story featuring Marvel’s favorite charlatan, Loki! And
Published June 23rd 2015 by Marvel Comics

To ask other readers questions about Ms. Marvel, Vol. 3, please sign up.
Alex Melnick I haven't read #1, but enjoyed this anyway. Took about two pages to get caught up. If you know who Phil Coulson and Jemma Simmons are, you'll be fine.

·  16,685 ratings  ·  1,325 reviews

Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN AHHHH. I love that it was valentine's day themed & I love that Loki is in this trade. ALSO that agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. bonus comic at the end has me wanting to try out that comic book series! Overall loads of fun. If you're not reading Ms. Marvel you're missing out. :D
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I love Ms. Marvel and she just keeps getting better and funnier. Kamala is so sweet and funny. She has a best friend named Bruno that likes her more than she knows. She's also trying to work through the rules of her family and being Ms. Marvel.

Loki makes an appearance in this book =) How cool is that!

And poor Kamala thinks she has found love but it just doesn't work out. Sigh....

Lola
Jul 27, 2015 added it
Shelves: comics, superheroes
Well this was much shorter than the previous two volumes, although it does include an issue from S.H.I.E.L.D.

But it was good still. For the first time, Kamala AKA Ms. Marvel, thinks about something other than villains and her own superpowers – though, of course, those two things are on her mind regardless. (How could they not be?)

For the first time, she opens her heart to the opposite sex. It’s too bad the boy she’s crushing on isn’t who he pretends to be. Or not, depending on your own personal
Anne
2.5

I'm not sold on this title.
Kamala is still a starry-eyed heroine, and I like that she's a genuinely nice girl, but...
Her Pakistani background is supposed to help non white characters get some page time, and that's actually pretty fantastic.
But, holy hell! This representation of a Muslim family is sort of...depressing.
Swear to god, I feel so damn bad for this kid!
She can't go out and walk around (in broad daylight) with a guy she likes, because...What? WTF is going to happen if they go rent
Nat
Dec 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Love is in the air, and Kamala Khan is the one most effected when an anonymous love letter arrives in her hands.

description
Oh, right, speaking of a nice young doctor: Kamran, an old family friend, who’s grown quite a lot since he and Kamala last got together, comes to visits. They get talking and notice pretty quickly how similar their tastes are.

description
By-the-bye, it was a great surprise for me to recognize a reference to a famous Bollywood actor!

But before they can get too close, her brother sets some bounda
HFK
Nov 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paidkindle, graphics
I really wished that Ms. Marvel would keep its shit together, but I am starting to be quite doubtful about that, unfortunately, after finishing the third volume that doesn't stay on the safer side of the three stars, but rather leans toward the two star rating.

I still adore Kamala. She is not the perfectly resonating character, but she still has what it takes to keep me wanting to know how her story will eventually come together, I am just skeptical if Wilson has it in her to see it through soli
Calista
Wow! This story is getting better and better. I'm loving it. I can't wait to read Volume 4. It really is fun and epic. There are plenty of guest stars in this one. Hulk, The Thing, Loki, and Shield to name a few. It's a little strange to me that Marvel brings in all their stars for these newer comics. I guess it connects them into the larger world.

In this one, Ms. Marvel gets her first crush and he's even Pakistani. Her parents even tried to set them up. What's better is Ms. Marvel hits it off
Sam Quixote
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-comics-2015
I love this series - and I think I’m falling in love with Kamala Khan too! It’ll never work - she’s a drawing, I’m a sketchy character…

The first issue in Ms Marvel, Volume 3: Crushed is a crossover with “hipster Viking” Loki who drops in on a Valentine’s Day dance at Kamala’s school looking for something magical for the All-Mother. It sets up the theme of this book: love, so get yer puke buckets out!

Bruno, Kamala’s buddy who works in the local store, is pining for Kamala but he’s embedded in t
Kate (GirlReading)
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-favourites
*shouts from rooftops*

CAN EVERYONE READ MS MARVEL PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

This series never fails to put a smile on my face. It is without a doubt my favourite comic/graphic novel I've read. It's funny, kickass, topical, political (in the best, yet subtle way), emotional and an all round classic superhero story. The art style is wonderful and the writing fantastic. It has some of the best dialogue and thus volume was no exception. I'm continuing to fall in love with this series more and more and I
Shannon (leaninglights)
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This one was really entertaining but not quite as gripping as Vol. 2 - I look forward to seeing Ms. Marvel more in the future :)
emily
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, 2015
I LOVE MS. MARVEL TOO MUCH. Ugh this one was so good but felt so short; I'm never going to be 300% happy until I have a volume that's 400 pages long. Because there can literally never be too much of Kamala Khan.

That Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. issue in the back really makes me want to check out the Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. comics, which I wasn't fully aware existed (especially since there might be more Ms. Marvel in them). Nice marketing, Marvel.

I might have to start buying single issues of this beca
Trina (Between Chapters)
Whoa. I LOVED this volume! The first 2 volumes were lackluster for me but the story in this one was full of turns. Particularly issues 13-15. I also really loved Miyazawa's art style.

I kind of hate that I didn't start enjoying this until a romance plot was introduced, but I don't think the romance was the reason I liked it. The Inventor is gone now too, and that plot line was mainly what I didn't like about the first volumes. We got to see more of Kamala's home life and brother here, and even i
Erica
I'm done with this series now.

You'll note that I am the only person in the world who does not like this story. [Edit, 7/20/15: There are 3 of us here on GR who gave this 1 star. THREE. Talk about being all the way out in the minority]
Yeah, well, I'm bringing balance. You're welcome, universe.

I've got some pictures I may or may not get around to uploading, ones that help illustrate (ha ha) my ire, but, honestly, I doubt I'll take the time to deal with this review any further after today.

In a nuts
Paul E. Morph
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another strong volume of the new Ms. Marvel. Kamala has quickly become one of my favourite comicbook characters.

Not much to add that isn't just repeating what I've already said in my reviews for previous volumes of this book so suffice it to say that I really hope Marvel don't bugger this book up post-Secret Wars...
Fafa's Book Corner
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
GR Ultimate Summer Reading Challenge One and Done.
Victoria ♡
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-comics
Ugh this was great as always!! I can't believe Loki was in the first issue as well, I'm really loving all the character drop-ins like that!

The plot for the rest of the volume was compelling and I love Kamala more each issue
Ashley
I think Ms. Marvel might be my favorite ongoing comic. Wait, no, shit. I forgot about Saga for a second. Okay, so Ms. Marvel is probably my SECOND favorite comic, definitely my favorite superhero comic. I love Carol Danvers probably as much as I love Kamala Khan, but the last couple of Captain Marvel trades have fallen a little flat for me, and meanwhile G. Willow Wilson continues to absolutely KILL IT with Kamala.

Volume 1 was Kamala's origin story, Volume 2 was her getting comfortable with her
Crystal Starr Light
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Bullet Review:

This was fun - but I don't feel like anything really new or unique was brought into Kamala Khan's story.

First issue was a one-off featuring Loki. Funny, but nothing noteworthy. The rest are your standard "Girl Meets Boy, Goes Head-Over-Heels, then Realizes He Ain't All He's Cracked Up to Being". The last issue is actually a SHIELD issue about Kamala meeting Coulson and Jemma. Again - fun from a "crossover" view but adds little to her overall story.

I think we need Kamala in comics;
Sesana
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, superhumans
Every bit as good as the previous volumes. Wilson is really on a roll with Kamala, for my money the best new character in comics for years. The Loki guest stint does a great job at integrating the current version of the character into Kamala's world. She also does a fantastic job of sneaking in a sidebar on consent (disguised in superheroic terms, of course) in a natural way. This series just makes me so happy to read it, every time.
Colette
Jul 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Normally, graphic novels fall to the bottom of my to-read list. However, the Ms. Marvel series always skyrockets its way to the top! That said, this book didn't impress me as much as the rest of the series. The plot felt really choppy and undeveloped. Overall 3/5 stars; I hope the next books are better!
Terence
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I got through the first volume of Ms. Marvel I thought it was nice, but just not for me. I just happened to read the next volume and I started thinking Kamala is a cool kid. This volume definitely cemented the fact that I like the new Ms. Marvel. She's fun and fresh in a comic world that has kept their characters the same age for 40+ years despite advances in technology in their respective worlds.

In this volume Kamala meets a young man Kamran who she knew as a girl.
description
They hit it off because t
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2016, graphic-novels
3.5 Stars.

I didn't like this as much as the first two volumes but I still love Kamala! She's just so funny and loveable! The story is just a bit too predictable and I wish they would do more with it but I'm going to keep reading anyway.
Chad
Sep 01, 2015 rated it liked it
I feel like the series has finally found its direction. The art is so-so. It would do the series good to get a first-rate regular artist.
Patty
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Source: Library
Bradley
So. It was pretty average this time. The art is better than the previous one.

The stories, however, lacked verve. A bit of a crush thing going on as a theme is okay, but they were too quick, too bland, and it all just feels like nothing more than cameo-central. Loki was probably the worst, but seeing SHIELD in the last one was kinda... random.

Okay, but random.

I don't know. I miss the comics of the longer variety. These short shorts just aren't doing much for me. Moving on!
Rizwan
Without a doubt, one of the best, most well-written, most thoughtfully characterized, unique modern Marvel series. Pakistani-American nerdy teenager Kamala Khan from a very conservative Muslim family who's also part-Inhuman superpowered superhero Ms. Marvel is quite possibly the most lovable, adorable and fascinating Marvel main character there currently is. Addictive, blissfully entertaining, laugh out loud hilarious. This series is such a breath of fresh air precisely because of its excellent ...more
Nikki
Jul 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Ms Marvel continues to be fun and cute, though I have to say this volume felt pretty fragmented. First there’s the Loki stuff, then a brief dodge back to the Inhumans plot, and then to an unrelated incident in Kamala’s school. Kamala’s geekiness and enthusiasm is still awesome, and the glimpses into her interactions with her family, but with the first bit dealing with Agent of Asgard stuff and the last dealing with SHIELD stuff (Coulson! <3)… I felt that the Inhumans plot was the only thing o ...more
Greyson [Use Your Words]
Ms. Marvel Series Ratings:
Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal: ★★★★
Ms. Marvel Vol. 2: Lost Interest in Series
Ms. Marvel, Vol. 3: Crushed: ★★★★

I'm still rather enjoying this series but not as much as I would have hoped.
I really enjoyed the little crossovers included in the edition

I now realize that I somehow read this out of order because one of the editions of the third volume is labelled as volume 2???? That's annoying.

I read this book as part of my 2018 Library Love binge, where I read as many
James DeSantis
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Ms. Marvel has always been pretty enjoyable and this collection is no different.

So this volume starts off with Loki up to no good. I mean is he really ever? No. Let's be real. Next arc is Kamala meeting another Inhuman, around the same age as her, and growing feelings for him. Of course it's cute and lovely but you know that shit ain't going to last. DOES IT EVER? We in High School people! Then the last arc is I guess a teaser to another series called "SHIELD" and as Kamala as one of the main c
Madison Mega-Mara...: #147 Ms. Marvel vol 3 by G. Willow Wilson 1 1 Oct 31, 2015 11:39PM
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 4: I Kissed a Squirrel and I Liked It
  • Captain Marvel, Volume 3: Alis Volat Propriis
  • Princeless, Vol. 3: The Pirate Princess
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 4: Out of Time
  • Hawkeye, Volume 4: Rio Bravo
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 7: A Bird's-Eye View
  • Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 1: Hooked on a Feline
  • Mockingbird, Vol. 1: I Can Explain
  • Thor, Volume 2: Who Holds the Hammer?
  • Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Vol. 2: Cosmic Cooties
  • Black Widow, Volume 3: Last Days
  • Giant Days, Vol. 5 (Giant Days, #5)
Hugo Award-winning writer of comics and novels including MS MARVEL and ALIF THE UNSEEN.

Ms. Marvel (Collected Editions) (10 books)
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 7: Damage Per Second
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 8: Mecca
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 9: Teenage Wasteland
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 10: Time and Again
“Sometimes you need to see a place through new eyes in order to understand what you've missed.” 3 likes
“You know those day you sometimes have? The days that seem totally ordinary when you wake up, but by the time you go to sleep that night, your whole life is divided into before that day and after that day? This is one of those days.” 2 likes