Start by marking “Kaleidoscope Hearts (Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kaleidoscope Hearts (Hearts, #1)

Kaleidoscope Hearts (Hearts #1)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  16,226 Ratings  ·  1,907 Reviews
He was my older brother's best friend.
He was never supposed to be mine.
I thought we would get it out of our system and move on.

One of us did.
One of us left.

Now he’s back, looking at me like he wants to devour me. And all those feelings I’d turned into anger are brewing into something else, something that terrifies me.
He broke my heart last time.
This time he'll obliterate i
295 pages
Published January 20th 2015 (first published January 8th 2015)

The Deal by Elle KennedyConfess by Colleen HooverThe Mistake by Elle KennedyKyland by Mia SheridanManwhore by Katy Evans
Top Romances Of 2015
8th out of 520 books — 2,049 voters
The Deal by Elle KennedyConfess by Colleen HooverA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasThe Mistake by Elle KennedyThe Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
Best Books of 2015
40th out of 2,503 books — 4,853 voters

More lists with this book...

Lisa
Jan 18, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, for-review

4.5 "Just One Date" Stars!

“It’s a heart. They always break at some point. Sooner or later someone will come along and shatter it anyway—might as well be you.”

description

Kaleidoscope Hearts is a stand-alone romance by Claire Contreras. This is a story about getting back up after life has thrown you a harsh curveball and ultimately gluing the broken pieces of yourself back together once again. It’s about second chances and jumping feet first into something you may have not been ready for previously. Ms.
Christy
5 stars!

photo 50758e49-ec56-4ae7-b727-7813169cddac_zps8f507b09.jpg

Kaleidoscope Hearts had three things going for it from the very beginning... First, it’s a second chance romance. Second, it’s a brother’s best friend book. I am a sucker for those. And third, it’s written by Claire Contreras. Claire is one of those authors for me who never disappoints. Her writing is top notch. I feel like this book is different from her others, but that’s not a bad thing. It’s not just a love story. It’s a story of healing, moving on and learning it’s okay to let go o
Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️Lautner❤️Miller❤️Garrett❤️Dean❤️Rafe❤️Liam❤️Beck❤️ and Archer❤️❤️
*****FIVE STARS*****
{BR with my BEAUTIFUL Bestie}

"Love is beautiful, shattering, moving, haunting. Love is everything."

photo 9cde1140b0d170e369997627bfc87256_zpsd03c405e.jpg

OMG, I don't know how to even begin to express how much I fell in love with this story. When I started reading this yesterday, I was having serious doubts on whether I would end up liking this one. The first 35 to 40% had me in such a confused fog. It takes place in the present and I got that Elle and Oliver had a history but I wasn't connecting with them because I didn't kno
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
4.5 stars!

"...all beautiful things are a little broken."

My first Claire Contreras and it's a winner!

But before I talk about what made this book for me, can I just say something about the cover? I love LOVE the cover! It captures the tone of the book perfectly. It's sweet, whimsical without being cheesy. I simply adored this cover.

Now that's out of the way, I got say that I loved this book. It wasn't perfect and I have issues with the way certain characters handled things but it really worked o
Catarina
4,5 Kaleidoscope Stars.

Oliver and Elle fell in love when she was 16 and he was 19. But he had issues to deal with and Elle was his best-friend younger sister. So things didn’t quite work out.
A few years later life brings them together again, while Elle is temporarily moving in with her brother after selling the house where she and her deceased boyfriend lived.
This time Oliver is determined not to lose Elle again, and his willing to do anything to have her. But not only isn’t Elle sure if she
Beverly
Jan 25, 2015 Beverly rated it it was amazing
Oh this story and the feels! This book came highly recommended from my book-mate and I love brother’s best friend books, so I wanted to read it asap. With these type of books they are usually pretty easy going and I love that about them, but this one definitely brought the feels. For a book with limited angst there was just something about it that had me feeling everything. This is my first book by Claire Contreras, but it will definitely not be my last.

"Life is short, and brutal, and painful,
Rachel Reads Ravenously (AKA The Wildcard Reader)

photo heats.png

This was a book I was super excited to read and in the end, I just kind of liked it. Claire Contreras is a very talented author, she wrote one of my favorite new adult books titled There is No Light in Darkness, and that book had all of the feels I love to see in a book. Plus it had Cole. If you've read that book, you understand.

So going into this:
 photo expectedmore.png

Kaleidoscope Hearts is the story of Estelle and Oliver. Oliver is Estelle's brothers best friend, therefore Estelle is supposed to be off
ღFloღ the coffee addict
3.75 **chicken & bean** STARS

“Love is beautiful, shattering, moving, haunting. Love is everything.”

Kaleidoscope Hearts was my very first Claire Contreras read and most definitely not the last. All my friends seem to love this series and I'm not sure what took me so long. This is a second chance romance story, and we all know they are my thing. Period. My go to romance trope. So, naturally I was quite taken with the premise of Kaleidoscope Hearts. Spoiler alert. I loved it in the end, but
Mia Asher
Jan 07, 2015 Mia Asher rated it it was amazing
I've read three great books by Claire Contreras, and this is by far my favorite. It's fresh, fun, heartfelt, angsty, steamy, and the hero is oh so delicious.
I recommend it to all <3

Read it!! You won't regret it.

And ...

Oliver is MINE. MINE. MINE. MINE. <3
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Apr 30, 2016 Hulya Kara Yuksel rated it it was amazing
Bilgi: Bu kitap yakinda Turkiye'de Yabanci Yayinevinden yayinlanacaktir. Henuz cikis tarihi belli degil ama cikar cikmaz okumanizi ve Oliver ile tanismanizi oneririm.
Sunu da belirtmem lazim; Hearts yani Kalpler serisi benim favorilerim arasindadir ve de cok ama cok guzeldir! Okuyun, okutun lutfen. Bana guvenin, asla pisman olmayacaksiniz. :)

-----------------

Well, that book was freaking awesome and I might be mentally cheated my husband with this Oliver guy while I was reading damn book... :D
Wh
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
3 stars

Compared to other books I've been reading lately I really like CCs writing style. I found Oliver soooo sweet but towards the end it was a tad cheesy for my liking. Now Estelle I found a bit bitchy but I think considering the circumstances it didn't bug me much

There was a good amount of feels and I enjoyed it at first but after a while it went round in circles. I will recommend if you like:
Brothers best friend
Sexual tension
Second chance romance
Hot guy in scrubs
Sweet romance

ARC provided by
Suzanne
5 "One date, Elle.” STARS

“This is our canvas. Let’s paint it how we want it.”

I must admit I didn't plan on reading this book. I've only read one other book by this author and for me, while the writing style was good, the story was meh. I did plan on giving the author another try with her Darkness series but my Slut Sistas were doing a BR and I couldn't resist. I'm truly glad that I read this book!!

I had so many feels for this story and immediately loved both Estelle and Oliver.

photo estelle_zpsvz9tqxpb.jpg

photo oliver_zpskb6fuebn.jpg

This story is al
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 Stars

Love is beautiful, shattering, moving, haunting. Love is everything.

This beautifully written and emotional book is everything that I love about second chance romance. Everything. I'm not sure where I've been that I'm only discovering this fantastic author and this series now, but boy am I glad that it's finally on my radar. Everything about this book worked for me; the writing, the secondary characters, the story, the romance, and most especially the H/h. Simply put, I adored it.
D
MELISSA
Jan 25, 2015 MELISSA rated it it was amazing
5 "I Want Everything" Stars!
(BR with Sharon)

photo 27e158ec-5682-4eba-96ad-ec9c3b8c039c_zps105b226b.jpg

photo 720c32a7-bc8a-4ab8-bdc4-8453b51736c0_zpsd44e98d7.jpg

Estelle Reuben aka Elle/Chicken is a 25 year old woman living in Santa Barbara, trying to piece her life back together after a tragedy rocked her world a year ago. She is very close with her family, and leans on them for support. She is in the process of moving in with her brother Vic until she gets back on her feet.

photo 700ff610-eafe-471f-9020-118e7e92ca4d_zps6b24df15.jpg

Elle owns an art gallery/studio called Paint it Back. She makes and sells sculptures with broken glass called Kaleidoscope hearts. The
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
3.5 Stars

Now LIVE!
UK - http://amzn.to/1yHXzEN
US - http://amzn.to/1umhtQ4

This was a sweet second chance romance about loss and healing and rediscovering the joy that life can bring you. Told in dual POV with some flashbacks into the past it was a really nice story that kept me turning the pages.

Estelle is suffering from the loss of her fiancé when she finally decides to sell their shared home and move in with her brother Vic whilst waiting to decide on the next phase in her life. Oliver is Vi
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
5 My favourite person EVER stars

photo FEF92A72-5E78-4186-8F7A-B02D7C5D1F39_zpscrexx2z9.jpg

You know there are times in our lives where we want to feel secure and we need reliability, we want comfort and we want a future. Then there is the thirst quenching toe curling heart beating love and I'd say this book is how both kinds of worlds collide together...

This is the kind of read where your heart clashes with your head and there is the summer salt of emotions where you question what they WANT and what they NEED.

"I always thought you were mine," ~ swoo
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*

4.5 STARS

"Love is beautiful, shattering, moving, haunting. Love is everything."

Oh, this book! It had me from the start. You know what a sucker I am for a good second chance at romance story, and this one did not disappoint me in the least.

Elle and Oliver have known each other since they were kids. Oliver is best friends with Elle's brother, so they are all pretty close. But one night things change. Oliver notices that Elle has grown up and the attraction between them grows with each nigh
Michelle
Once upon a time there was a little girl that was afraid of the dark who grew up and fell in love with a boy that wasn’t supposed to love her back. And this little girl, when she grew up she learned the hardest lesson about love... the lesson of how much it hurts when your heart breaks.

Well that little girl grew up to not only suffer the broken heart of her first love, but a new sort of pain that fractured her already broken heart just a little bit more. Elle is making her attempts at moving on,
Mallory

I'm going to keep this short. I don't truly think Oliver loves Estelle. Because if you honestly love someone, you don't treat them the way Oliver treated her throughout the years. Even in the present day with all of his protestations of wanting to be with her, Oliver never treated her like she was special. It just served to piss me off. As for Estelle, she was the biggest doormat I may have ever read. After the way he treated her in the past, if I was her I would have never given him an
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Estella's been through a rough time lately but she's starting to get her life in order. And wouldn't you know it? Her heart breaker from the past is mixing things up again.

Oliver is Estella's brother's best friend but they all grew up together. The problem is Oliver and Estella (Elle) are extremely attracted to each other but her brother has sworn all his friends off Elle.

Naturally, they have some history. We get the past stories from Oliver's POV and the present from Elle's. I loved getting b
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
I’ve lost count of all the NA titles that I have read since I decided to be an book reviewer. But I can tell you that’s its A LOT. I’m saying this because I think I have that as a reason to question every book that I will read with ‘OKAY, WHAT’S UNIQUE ABOUT YOU? WHAT MAKES YOU SPECIAL FROM ALL THE BOOKS I HAVE READ BEFORE?’

So yeah, I asked that too while I was reading Kaleidoscope Hearts. And sadly, it didn’t give me enough answer to rate it higher than 2 stars. I’m not saying this is a horribl
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
I had been drooling for this book and now it's free on Amazon!

Palm Springs commercial photography
Salvatore
Oct 06, 2015 Salvatore rated it really liked it
4.5 beautiful stars!!

That was a really beautiful friends to lovers story! If I have time I'll make a full review about it.
I can totally recommend this to my friends who haven't read this yet! :)

BR with Alice & Stephanie! Thank you so much, girls! <33

Also thanks to my sweet Alice for the gift copy! <33
Melissa (Ever So Mela)

{Ever So Mela}{Bloglovin}{Google+}

I'm so tired of writing these reviews over and over again. It feels like I'm on this never ending shit luck cause I search and I search and I can't find that 5 star book. The thing is a lot of these start out great-marvelous even- and I'm floating in the clouds thinking "This will be the one! I have finally found it!" but then reality beckons and gravity takes a hold of me and I come crashing down...on the cold, hard, spike filled (yes it has spikes) unforgiving
FMABookReviews
Love is beautiful, shattering, moving, haunting. Love is everything.

I am speechless. ‘Kaleidoscope Hearts’ is the fifth book that I have read from Claire Contreras. While I loved them all, this was my favorite. There is something so beautifully lyrical and poetic in her words. Contreras’s stories are to be experienced, not just read because they will overwhelm you and take up residence inside your head and heart.

I realized that sometimes in order to move forward you have to let go of the p
Elizabeth
4.5 Fantastic Stars

Kaleidoscope Hearts is a tender read full of passion, heartbreak, healing love, and second chances. Claire Contreras is the master of creating characters that you can connect with. A memorable story of second chances, Kaleidoscope Hearts has something we can all relate to. Love is always enough!

description

The story begins with a heart broken Elle. She has experienced a great loss and is trying to cope with starting over. While seeking refuge, she decides to move in with her older brother
Didi
This was good, and of course it had one of my favorite tropes--best friend's little sister. I love the angst that comes from all that. The emotion, hesitancy and forbidden-like nature of pursuing the younger sister of your best friend.
I loved Elle, she was selfless and so considerate but my only issue with her was her seemingly strange denial of how unhealthy her relationship sounded with (view spoiler)
Dee Montoya
****4 Sweet Stars****

(BR with my lovely bestie, Patty)

photo 940ed11a-d683-45b5-ac7a-62f9a922804e_zps6b750bb3.jpg

I love Claire Contreras writing style; she's always coming up with different stories; always sweet and heartfelt...

We first meet Elle when she's facing a really hard time in her life, everything she had planned suddenly disappeared with her fiancé Wyatt and she's now trying to pick up the pieces of her broken heart. Now single, she runs into the boy who's always been dangerous to her health, Oliver, the one the got away...

Oliver is one of El
Anna
Jan 24, 2015 Anna rated it it was amazing
I'm salivating and foaming at the mouth because of this blurb. I neeeeeeeed this !!!
Jacqueline's Reads
Nov 04, 2015 Jacqueline's Reads rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, audio
4.5 Broken Hearts Stars

Kaleidoscope Hearts is a standalone and is part of the Hearts series. This will be an audio review. This is my third Claire Contreras book. I love her covers and I love her stories so I was really excited for starting the audio on this one. I’m also a fan of the older brother’s best friend story as well.

This book is excellent in audio. I love the leading female narrator and she captured the heart of the story. The pace was perfect and the length of book wasn’t too long or
  • The Pact
  • The Mason List
  • Hate to Love You (Love/Hate, #1)
  • Kyland
  • Fuel the Fire (Calloway Sisters, #3; Addicted, #3.1)
  • The Traveling Man (Traveling, #1)
  • Saving Jay (Breaking Free, #3)
  • More Than Water (More Than Water, #1)
  • More Than Forever (More Than, #4)
  • Kissed
  • Best Laid Plans (The Mercenaries, #1)
  • Love Show
  • The Paper Swan
  • Say the Word
  • Fighting Silence (On the Ropes, #1)
  • A Lover's Lament
  • Hawthorne & Heathcliff
  • Where One Goes
Claire doesn't like to talk about herself. Because of this, she asked a friend of hers to write her bio. This is what she got:

Claire is caring, smart, witty, and funny as heck. Despite being a New York Times Best Selling Author of a popular contemporary romance series, Claire doesn't read many romance novels. However, when she sits down to write, those are the ones that pour from her fingers. Much
More about Claire Contreras...

Hearts (3 books)
  • Paper Hearts (Hearts, #2)
  • Elastic Hearts (Hearts, #3)

“The hearts I make are shattered, but whole. They’re kaleidoscopes that beam under the sun. They signify hope in love when you’ve lost it because, like love, you can look at a kaleidoscope a thousand different ways and find something new every time. Shattered or not, if you look carefully enough, you’ll find something beautiful in them, and all beautiful things are a little broken.” 72 likes
“Shattering hearts … it’s fitting.”
“They’re not shattering hearts, they’re kaleidoscope hearts,” I correct him.”
“What’s the different? You make them with broken pieces.”
… “The difference is that it’s already broken, but I use the pieces to rebuilt it. The difference is that the heart has a second chance, and maybe it’ll get broken again, but it’s already shattered, so maybe the fall won’t be as bad.”
58 likes