Start by marking “Rage/Killian (Bayou Heat #17-18)” as Want to Read:
Rage/Killian (Bayou Heat #17-18)

Read Book

Rage/Killian

(Bayou Heat #17-18)

Get Wild in the Wildlands

From New York Times Bestsellers, Alexandra Ivy and Laura Wright, the heat of the bayou is back with Rage/Killian in an all-new dual 'tail'. Enter the Wildlands, where a new, volatile danger threatens the sizzling hot Pantera.

Kindle Edition, 1001 Dark Nights #23, 100 pages
Published August 11th 2015 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

Start your review of Rage/Killian (Bayou Heat #17-18)
Alaina
Ehh it was okay but not my favorite? Maybe I was just missing something?

Rage/Killian was a novella that I didn't really care about. In it, you got two books: Rage and Killian. Rage was okay - kind of reminded me of the lion king when simba had a way out of the pride and left because he thought he killed his dad. Ya know? Yes, there's some romance but eh the whole push and pull kind of thing just rubs me the wrong way.

Then there's Killian, which was a lot better in my opinion. Him and Rosalie wer
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Aug 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
Rating: 3.75/5 and 4/5

I didn't know this series existed before reading these two novellas and perhaps it would have been a bad idea to read these before the rest, but since these stories at least turned more around the couples than the actually plotline of the series, I don't feel like I was spoiled or missed much.

Lucie's help is needed and Rage was ordered to find her and get her to help them out and he is not happy to have been appointed that mission especially since Lucie isn't easy to find a
CC

I am guessing that because the authors were writing to be included in the 1001 Dark Nights series, they toned down the overall story and focused on the couples. Normally, I would be ok with that. Here, however, it just did not work for me.

First, we get a minimum amount of story progression. I am losing interest fast. There are no other editions published and I can say I am not dying for one. I may or may not read future books in the series.

Rage - he has known the heroine (is it bad I c
Paraphrodite
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
3.5 stars. Interesting development in Killian.... These books are very easy to read.
Marta Cox
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
Another book by these two authors who seamlessly work as a team to bring to life the Panteras. Each book contains two stories that help to advance the storyline and describe what is happening amongst this unique race of shifters. They may live in the Wildlands in order to soak up it's magic but humanity is creeping ever closer and the Pantera are being hunted but this race of Pumas are not going down without a fight .
The first story is about the hunter Rage who is sent to get the geek Lucie to h
Shayna
A scorching hot PRIMAL good time! It was so great to travel back to the suspenseful world of the Pantera. The story of both RAGE and KILLIAN was savagely erotic, blissfully intoxicating, and incredibly intense and I LOVED every minute of it! Fans of the HOT Bayou Heat series will be ecstatic! New readers, get ready to become obsessed! I hope you have room on your Kindle after this, because once you go Pantera, there is NO turning back!

RAGE

Rage, a Hunter of the Pantera, is ordered to find one of
Autum (Escape between the Covers)
Love this series and as always it doesn't disappoint. Rage is a Hunter who is tasked with finding Lucie a Geek. Lucie left the Wildlands long ago when she was kicked out. She's stayed close to the Wildlands going to shift and soak up the magic. Lucie had a troubled childhood but she was always drawn to Rage. Rage finds Lucie and asks her for the favor Xavier needs. She asks what it is and decides to help. As soon as Rage is near her he and his cat knows she is theirs. Lucie has always wanted to ...more
Emalie
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016-reads
This was a quick, but disappointing read.
Both of those short stories were meh.
Rage was the better of the two, but still not good. This was definitely a case of insta-lust and I didn't feel it.

Killian was even more ridiculous. Rosalie just lost her mate and instantely moves on with Killian. Also a case of insta-lust.

Also both of those shorts did not have much story, but let's be honest where would you fit in a story between all the sex scenes when you only have 50 pages for each story.

Rating
Sunny
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

ARC Review
Authors Ivy and Wright could give lessons on how to write a satisfying novella. These are short stories that do not read like short stories, but for the fact that they are, well, short. The narratives are involved and captivating with an emotionally satisfying pay off. They contribute well to the on-going story of the Pantera.

In Rage, this Hunter is assigned to find and bring back an outcast from the pack. Rage the resident lover boy. He adores women and they love him back. L
Sofia
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
We are taken once again to the mysterious and magical world of the Pantera, with two additional stories to the Bayou Heat series.

Rage by Alexandra Ivy

Rage is a hunter who is tasked with finding Lucie, a geek who was “kicked out” of the pack. Rage never forgot the girl who hid in the shadows, so when he tracks her down, the woman he finds is nothing like the wounded girl he remembers.

Lucie has moved on from her past. No one really knew who she was and when she broke the rules, she was forced to
Debra Taylor
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it

Sexy, fun to read, and hard to put down ! Another exciting addition to the series.

The first story is Rage and Lucie who knew each other but because of some mixed signals Lucie had left The Wildlands and struck out on her own. There was family drama at play in Lucie's backstory that was really sad and pulled me more into the story. She had always been fascinated by Rage and his wicked charm and male beauty, but Lucie was socially awkward with a knack for getting into trouble. Now the Pantera nee
Ashley Dawn
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Completely enjoy this series and Rage/Killian's stories were no different. Rage has never understood why Lucie didn't want to be a part of everything. He didn't understand why she stayed on the fringe, in the shadows. Now, their people need her help and he is the one sent to track her down. Lucie is the best at what she does and she's always had a thing for Rage. Now together, they discover a mutual attraction!
Killian is a human. Rosalie hates humans. Humans killed her mate and now they must pay
Ashley  Hayes
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rage: Rage and Lucie are Pantera which means that they are puma shifters who live in the bayou. This is a very short story. I read it in about 30 minutes so it was pretty quick but it was so thought out and just worked so well that it felt like a 500 page hardback. Both characters had backstories and great personalities. Rage is a Hunter which I take to mean that he is literally a hunter and is like an enforcer and Lucie is a Geek which means she does the tech stuff for the Pantera people. This ...more
Nicole Smith
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, shifter
I love these Bayou Heat novels. They just keep getting better and better. Both of these stories were awesome and pulled me right in.

In Rage's story he has to look for the Geek who was a little hacker crazy and told move out of the Bayou. Now his mission is get her to help. Lucie always had a thing for Rage and didn't go about it the right way. Now he is stuck like glue while she does what she does best hacking. Being pushed together their animal instincts kick in and will the realize how they f
Michelle
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic addition to the series!

Rage, I enjoyed mostly for the back story. I loved the shared history and the misconceptions. I do however wish that we found out more about the past that Lucie doesn't like to talk about.

Killian. Hmm, what can I say about this one. Things are changing, we've known that for a while now and here in Killian & Rosalie's tale we have the proof.

As always the novella's are well written, they pull you into the world and it's as if you never left. Both Laura & Alexan
Cheryl Woods-lucero
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is another winner in the Bayou Heat series for Laura Wright and Alexandra Ivy, with the stories of Rage and Killian. Rage’s and Lucie’s story shows that opposites do attract. Killian’s and Rosalie’s story shows that with lost there can be a future. If you are a lover of the Pantera storyline, you will enjoy this installment of the series, especially since a few of the prior characters are in the stories. Get the book you won’t regret it.
Kristen Johnson
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rage/Killian is an excellent addition to the 1001 Dark Nights set. While I have not read all of the previous books in the Bayou Heat series, these novellas read easy for me. Both of these stories were exceptional. If you were already a fan of the series, these will just build on your love, if you, like me are new, they will make you buy the rest to make up for what you've been missing out on.

Rage and Lucie's story pulled me in and kept me reading late into the night on the edge of my seat. This
Rinou
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
In the first story we go directly from the heroine not being sure about the hero's intentions to the hero saying "my female" to his friends without anything between other than the general plot. I suppose some pages were forgotten as there's usually a scene where each accepts the other as their mate. Oh and the hero was a man slut for a long time before realizing the heroine is his mate.

In the second story the heroine has lost her mate not long ago, she's still managing her grief with only anger,
Diana Ricketts
Feb 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved these two novellas. I loved the characters, setting, story and pacing. It was just enough to give a view into the Pantera world while not being too overwhelming with information. It is definitely a series I am going to look into now.
viva
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Thank you!
Becky
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
When at least one of the individuals involved in a relationship can turn into a puma, the "enemies to lovers" troupe takes on a whole new dimension:
Green eyes flickered with heat, but if it was sexual interest or the possibility of getting him alone and removing his heart with her puma's teeth, he couldn't tell.

"It's settled, then," she said, her lips moving into a smile.

"Nothing is settled until I say it is," Raphael returned tightly. "Rosalie, if this man ends up dead, you will not be able to
Sandy S
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date August 11, 2015

RAGE
Rage might be an aggressive Hunter by nature, but the gorgeous male has never had a problem charming the females. All except Lucie Gaudet. Of course, the lovely Geek is a born troublemaker, and it was no surprise to Rage when she was kicked out of the Wildlands.

But now the Pantera need a first-class hacker to stop the potential destruction of their people. And it’s up to Rage to convince Lucie to help. Can the two forget the past—and their sizzling
Steph
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
You know how frisky your cats get when they're wantin' a lil feline lovin? That. Except hot...since they're part human and all.

Deep in the Louisiana swamps, there is a little known race of puma shifters named the Pantera. Recently forced to reveal themselves to the world, they now struggle with humans who want to harvest their DNA for nefarious purposes. These are their stories.

RAGE by Alexandra Ivy

As a Hunter, Rage has always stepped up to protect his species, but asking him to work with Gee
Malissa
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another Fantastic addition to the Bayou Heat series by Alexandra Ivy and Laura Wright and another hot for 1,001 Dark Nights novellas. I am never disappointed in this series by Alexandra and Laura. They know how to tell a amazing story in a short amount of time and leave you both sated and wanting for more.

RAGE and Lucie:

Rage gets thrown into a mission he wants nothing to do with by Parish leader of the Hunters. The mission, track down the one girl who ever really managed to get under his skin,
Dark Faerie Tales
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales (http://darkfaerietales.com/)

Quick & Dirty: Dark and sexy paranormal romance stories that are set in a tough and terrible world. These stories are short and to the point.

Excerpt: Yes (Rage)

The Review:

Kristie Elston
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Originally reviewed at Dark Faerie Tales: http://darkfaerietales.com/review-rag...

The Review:

Rage/Killian are the 17th and 18th books in the paranormal romance Bayou Heat series. Because of the novella length of these stories, they get straight to the story and the intense desires that the characters have for each other. The story revolves around a group of
Tania
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
"Bayou Heat: Rage - Killian" by Alexandra Ivy and Laura Wright. Book 17 & 18 in the Bayou Heat novella series.

OVERALL REVIEW

I really liked both of these novellas. The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars was because the overall series story line doesn't really progress a lot because it's part of the 1001 Dark Nights collection and the story has to be more of a stand alone to fit in with the collection. If you have not read the Bayou Heat series, you can read these two novellas and understa
Kahea

Have you ever started to read a series, really liked it and then just stopped reading after a point, not because you had any issues or dislike for it ~ life and other books just happened ~ and then after getting the opportunity to pick it up again, many installments later, want to kick yourself for not keeping up with it like you should? Well, that’s me in a nutshell right about now. I read the first four novellas (two books) and really liked the world the authors had created, but life got in th
Andi
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Bayou Heat has become on of my favorite series. What started for me as a "I am looking for a short, fun read" has turned into a countdown for the next installment. Rage/Killian DOES NOT Disappoint! 4.5 STARS!!!! Once again, I wish these were longer. I even stretched reading it out over 3 days because I didn't know how long I would have to wait for my next helping!

In Alexandra Ivy's Rage, you see a couple of different elements at play. The first is the obvious threat from Benson Enterprises. Then
Teresa
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Dream of You (Wait for You, #4.5)
  • Dragon King (Dark Kings #6.5; Dark World #20.5)
  • Eternally Bound (The Alliance, #1)
  • Show Me, Baby (Masters of the Shadowlands #8.5)
  • Heart of Gold (Dark Kings #18.6)
  • Tracking Magic (Rylee Adamson, #0.25)
  • Enchanted (Masters and Mercenaries, #18.5)
  • Hidden (Deep Ops, #1)
  • Wild Cat (Leopard People, #7)
  • Lightning Game (GhostWalkers, #17)
  • A Dark Seduction (The Shields, #3)
  • Slider (The Core Four, #2)
  • Valiant (New Species, #3)
  • A Forbidden Temptation (The Shields, #4)
  • Of Fire and Flame  (Dark Kings #18.7)
  • Dungeon Games (Masters and Mercenaries #6.5)
  • Everlasting Bad Boys (Dragon Kin, #0.1)
  • Love and Other Wild Things (Mystic Bayou, #2)
I'm not exactly sure when I fell in love with books. Probably on my mother's knee listening to her read Dr. Seuss to me. I do remember that I was barely old enough to cross the street by myself when I discovered the delights of the local library. Could anything be more wonderful than spending summer days surrounded by stacks of Nancy Drew mysteries? Over the years I fell in love with Victoria Holt ...more

Bayou Heat (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Raphael/Parish (Bayou Heat, #1-2)
  • Bayon/Jean-Baptiste (Bayou Heat, #3-4)
  • Talon/Xavier (Bayou Heat, #5-6)
  • Sebastian/Aristide (Bayou Heat, #7-8)
  • Bayou Noël (Bayou Heat, #8.5)
  • Lian/Roch (Bayou Heat, #9-10)
  • Hakan/Severin (Bayou Heat, #11-12)
  • Angel/Hiss (Bayou Heat, #13-14)
  • Michel/Striker (Bayou Heat, #15-16)
  • Ice/Reaux (Bayou Heat, #19-20)