Start by marking “Wonder's Promise (Thoroughbred, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wonder's Promise (Thoroughbred, #2)

Wonder's Promise (Thoroughbred #2)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  1,524 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Ashleigh's dreams are in tatters....

Ashleigh Griffen is thrilled when the owner of the horse farm where she lives puts her favorite horse, Wonder, into training as a Thoroughbred racer. Ashleigh has spent the past year turning the sickly filly into a beautiful, healthy yearling.

Ashleigh knows Wonder could be great, but Wonder dislikes her harsh new trainer. Soon she's buck
Published December 5th 1993 by HarperTorch (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Wonder's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wonder's Promise

Stefanie
Dec 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this addition to the Thoroughbred series! Ashleigh Griffen has to contend with so many different situations that effect her interactions with her favorite filly, Wonder, that the reader can't help but feel her frustration. All the things Ashleigh had to put up with made for an intense story. Basically, Wonder begins her training to become a champion racehorse and Ashleigh has to stand by and watch because she's not the owner and has "no reason" to be involved with Wonder's trainin ...more
Tina
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Once again, I love this series! Ms. Campbell does a wonderful job telling Ashleigh's story and the struggles she faces with Wonder. Although Wonder isn't Ashleigh's horse, she feels like it because of how much time they've spent together, and she really wants Wonder to excel in her training. I love the other characters in these stories as well, such as Charlie, Ashleigh's parents, her best friend, and her siblings. They all play smaller roles, but they add so much to these stories. If you enjoye ...more
Lucy Sisk
Apr 26, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hm, líbilo se mi, že kniha nevazuje tam kde předchozí přestala a není tam nějaká delší časová prodleva.
Samozřejmě pro svou vášeň ke koním jsem si oblíbila možnost nahlédnout do tajů výcviku, se kterým se setkám jen málokdy.
P
Oct 14, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: juvenile
This book was a wholesome choice for middle school age. I really enjoyed the positive happy ending. I know it's cheesy, but I like it and it would help any girl interested in horses learn more about the ins and outs of caring for horses and preparing them to race. Teaches discipline.
Hayleehudson
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I liked this book more than the rest of the series. The parts with wonder actually had me in distress!

Well, I think I'll be off to read another book- possibly another one in the Thoroughbred series?
Mollie
Jul 17, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any horse lover
These books focused my passion for horses on the Thoroughbred. I read these during my entire childhood and because of them, today I have re-trained 3 ex-racehorses and found them loving new homes. These books are perfect for fledgling horse lovers!
Jes (RebelReads)
A particularly good installment in this series. Sometimes I wonder if I let my love for these books cloud my judgement, but this was a solid book. There were so many things that could have gone wrong or been done poorly, but they weren't.
Jennie
Dec 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i need to read this book cause i heard it was good from a friend and i will spill the beans after i read it so watch out jk wat the hek lol
A'albiel
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Az elején még olyan gyerekesnek éreztem, később viszont megszoktam. Nagyon érdekes dolog ez a lóverseny. :) Az utolsó néhány oldalon halálra izgultam magam!!
Kati Polodna
Reread.
Maria
Sep 04, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book was really good I read it a while ago but I can remember it because it was so good
Reba
Oct 02, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can't even bring myself to read this one after the first one.
Ashley Reif
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horse-books
I loved it! I love horses, especially thoroughbreds!
Even though this book is fiction, I learned a lot.
For anyone who loves horses, you would enjoy this series!
Faith
Oct 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never whip a horse it makes them unsafe to ride and they act nervous!
Daphne Wigger
I actually read this a looooong time ago. Good adolescent fiction. Especially for girls who love horses, which is exactly why I picked it up back then.
Ilana
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great series for tweens that love horses and/or are interested in horseback riding or racing. Teaches about the struggles of working with animals and the benefits.
Julie
Aug 02, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, middle-grade
Loved these when I was a kid obsessed with horses.
Faith
Jacque Hogan
Mar 23, 2013
Meghan Edwards
Feb 02, 2013
  • Horse Shy (Saddle Club, #2)
  • Mustang Moon (Phantom Stallion, #2)
  • Out of the Darkness (Heartland, #7)

Thoroughbred (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • A Horse Called Wonder (Thoroughbred, #1)
  • Wonder's First Race (Thoroughbred, #3)
  • Wonder's Victory (Thoroughbred, #4)
  • Ashleigh's Dream (Thoroughbred, #5)
  • Wonder's Yearling (Thoroughbred, #6)
  • Samantha's Pride (Thoroughbred, #7)
  • Sierra's Steeplechase (Thoroughbred, #8)
  • Pride's Challenge (Thoroughbred, #9)
  • Pride's Last Race (Thoroughbred, #10)
  • Wonder's Sister (Thoroughbred, #11)