Start by marking “It's a Dog's Life...but It's Your Carpet: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Your Four-Legged Friend” as Want to Read:

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Why does my dog lick his balls?

Admit it; you’ve always wanted to know. Well, finally there’s a professional out there who’s not too embarrassed to answer–bone-fide veterinarian, critical-care specialist, and dog lover Dr. Justine A. Lee. It’s a Dog’s Life . . . but It’s Your Carpet takes you behind the scenes to look at the training and off-the-record opinions of a certifi
Published April 1st 2008 by Three Rivers Press (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about It's a Dog's Life...but It's Your Carpet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's a Dog's Life...but It's Your Carpet

Lisse
I read this book in just a couple of hours and found it funny and informative. I can't believe some of the crazy questions that vet's get asked, but there are a lot of things that she said that helped me to try and understand my little terrier better. I recommend this book for dog lovers and anyone who has some off the wall questions for their vet, but is too afraid to ask them.
Cyndie
It’s a Dog’s Life... answers all those questions you were too embarrassed to ask your vet, provides some fun facts to share at cocktail parties, and clears up some of the more common misconceptions pet owners have.

Among her dedications Dr. Lee Says “To all my family, friends, relatives, and acquaintances who’ve always hounded me for free vet advice... this one’s for you”.

As a vet - I may actually just start handing this book out to those people in my life with the greatest tendency to ask me t
Juliana
I was a new dog mama when I heard about this book and wanted be sure the pup I adopted had a good chance at having a good home, a home that would understand her. The vet who wrote this book cracked me up and taught me some of the basic of what to expect when you get a dog. We got off on the right foot and 4 years later, my pup and I are the best of friends.

Highly recommend it if you are or will be a dog parent. SUPER easy and fun read, too!
jgyweniverel
Feb 18, 2012 jgyweniverel marked it as to-read
Shelves: wish-list-book
I have three dogs and would love this book! I can honestly say to anyone out there reading my review, dogs do understand you. My little love is like my child. She listens to me and when I ask her to do something, honestly she does it.
I would love this book to read what another thinks.
Dogs love so unconditionally. I wouldn't trade any moment with my dogs for a moment with a cat!
Jaclyn
This fun and informative book is written by a veternarian. You can tell she has a spunky personality and no question is off limits....i.e. Why does your fixed Fido still spring his lipstick? Answer: He really is that happy to see you! Apparently the animal brain does not divide excitement up into as many categories as the human. A fun read for any dog lover.
Bridget
May 13, 2008 Bridget rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: pet lovers
Recommended to Bridget by: my pets
A mother's day gift - from the pets. I devoured it on the long car ride home on Mother's day. The author shares snippets of advice drawing from her experiences as a veternarian and a pet owner. I was in stitches about the advice on how to give a cat a pill. Enjoy!
Amy
Fun, fun, fun. It's everything you ever wanted to know about why your dog eats his own poo, but would never, ever, ever ask. I would recommend it.
Chris
good advice and a good selection of questions. the writing was a little too cutesy and became distracting, though.
Janey
Informative and entertaining. I wish she was my vet! She has a great sense of humor. Learned a lot.
Liz
Very complete, easy to read guide on pooch health and behavior.
Sharyn
Feb 12, 2009 Sharyn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: mychele
a book to skim through (not a a novel)
Mikki
Mikki marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Lori Buehler
Lori Buehler marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Noreen
Noreen marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Lexy
Lexy added it
May 03, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Jocelyn
Jocelyn marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Justine A. Lee, DVM, DACVECC, DABT is the CEO and founder of VetGirl, LLC. She is board-certified in both emergency critical care and toxicology, and is a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Emergency Critical Care (DACVECC) and a Diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology (DABT). Currently, she is 1 of approximately 500 board-certified veterinary specialists worldwide in emergency ...more
More about Justine Lee...
It's a Cat's World . . . You Just Live in It: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Your Furry Feline