Start by marking “A Tide Too High” as Want to Read:
A Tide Too High

A Tide Too High

McKenna Morgan is the driving force behind one of New Zealand’s biggest exports, rock band Polar Blaze. With thousands of fans and packed concerts wherever they play, it seems she’s everyone’s darling. Everyone, that is, except her own mother.

Mac has spent her life trying to prove she’s a success. But no matter how successful Mac has become she can’t please her mother.

The
Published November 5th 2014 by http://www.createspace.com

To ask other readers questions about A Tide Too High, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tide Too High

Start your review of A Tide Too High
Trish Tilbury
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A book that was easy to read and hard to put down. Devoured it over a few days. Great characters and imagery of which still lingers.
Yay Carole!!!!!
Dee
The thing I loved the most about this story was the setting, New Zealand. Yeah baby, my home country. The story started off powerful but around the 50% mark that drama-lama reared it's ugly head. While I don't mind conflict, it went on a little too long, and I found my interest waning, hence only 4 stars. ...more
Kathleen Dixon
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Unlike many romance novels, this one wasn't overly predictable. Of course, the he and the she got together in the end (and in the middle, otherwise you wouldn't have your bad thing to happen and have to be overcome, etc.), but there were unexpected turns along the way. One of the plot turns wasn't quite in accord with how I'd read the character, but I put that aside and just enjoyed the bit of strife it caused.

I rather liked that the rock-star heroine and the one-of-the-richest-men-in-the-world
Nancy LeBel
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
a well written book, a captivating love story from beginning to end. I recommend This book and looking forward to read more from this autor.
Susanne
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mac and Alec, the rock star and the businessman, live very different lives. The depiction of Mac's rock star life caught the frenetic pace of living in the spotlight but it was the contrast with the scene at her parents’ home that showed the strength of writing. The New Zealand settings were vivid and I feel an urge to visit the far north in particular!

While I can see that many people might dislike Mac’s cold mother, I felt the depiction of a woman caught in the coils of sorrow was powerful, an
Karen
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. Set in NZ, McKenna is a music rock star who is about to burn out, big time. When she finally does, she is given a month to sort herself out. She takes a chance to stay on a secluded property in the far north to recover.

Alec is a NZ businessman who lives and works in London, but with divorce recently been filed, he's come back home to find some peace, and spend quality time with his family.

And here Alec and McKenna meet.

I spent a lot to time yelling at these characters, wantin
Talia Hunter
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the story of Mac and Alec, rock star and businessman, who live very different lives but are destined to find love together. I especially enjoyed Mac's rock star life, and the dedication she has for her career. The writing was very good, and the New Zealand settings were vividly bought to life. Especially the far north beach setting, which made me want to visit, and stay in the beautiful cottage by the sea.

Mac and Alec have a lot of obstacles to get through before they earn their
Miche'Le Armstrong
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I bought the book in support of an on-line friend and her first novel. Within days of it arriving I picked it up and struggled to put it down. So gripping was the story line with the ebb and flow of strong characters in locations that are known and there for more meaningful that I was quickly drawn into the lives where Mac and Alec overcome obstacles that create twists and turns to keep the reader interested.
One of the quickest reads I have had and was sorry to reach the end.
Now ready for this
Connie
Loved it! The book's description sounded so interesting, I couldn't wait for the Goodread's Giveaway, I purchased it as an e-book. Lots of twists & turns. Alec, successful businessman, meets McKenna (Mac) Morgan, rock star and the roller coaster takes off! As much as I loved Mac & Alec, I wanted to strangle Mac's cold, selfish mother and stuff her in a trunk with Margo, Alec's selfish, self-centered soon-to-be ex-wife. This is a great story but the beginning page was a tad bit confusing. ...more
Robyn Wilson
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Working in a library and being exposed to vast amounts of literature, I have naturally developed a high set of expectations in regard to my personal reading.
This modern romance, well written, paced and researched has kept my attention the wholeway through - in fact I read it in one sitting, lol.
I also enjoyed identifying locations in this New Zealand set story I have visited personally.
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a well crafted romance.
Robyn Wilson
Heather
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome book. Was easy reading and had a great story to it. Cant wait to read more from Carole. Well done and would/have recommended to one and all.
Nancy
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Stayed up way too late reading this book because I thoroughly enjoyed it! I was hooked from the get go. The characters were endearing even if I did want to throttle them at certain points;)
Jenna Taylor
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A tide to high, is quite a different read to the other books published by Carole Brungar. Having said that, I still throughrally enjoyed this story. I love that much of Caroles stories are set in NZ, it gives kiwi readers a real connection to the characters. Very much a romance story, we all have fantisies of being with a rock star or a millionaire!!! But this novel still has a down to earth touch- the characters are just normal everyday people after all. Nice easy read. Would love to see more m ...more
Sarah Dais-Hawkins
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book I read it within a week and actually ditch half a wedding to go back and finish it it had me captivated from the get go
I have also reread it cause I love the story I would recommend this to everyone you will fall in love in the first chapter and you won’t want to stop till it finished
Angela Torr
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my favourite book of Carole's that I read last year. Believable story, with characters that keep you engaged. Highly recommend. ...more
Faye Lougher
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I personally know the author and have been following her journey with this book so couldn't wait to read it. I wasn't disappointed! I know within a few pages if I am going to enjoy a book or not and I got caught up with the characters very quickly. Some I loved, some I hated - which I think is the sign of a good writer. Despite being a New Zealander I haven't visited the area the book is set in, but I very soon imagined myself walking along the beach with Mac and Alec. After starting the book my ...more
Traci Grant
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, I loved how easily you could connect with the characters and their relationships, meaning it was difficult to put the book down. I also liked that it featured a young New Zealander and took the reader to some beautiful places. It's the perfect holiday read... or "dreaming of summer" read. ...more
Taylor
Dec 21, 2015 rated it liked it

Would have rated higher if not for that sad ending. The epilogue if that even was one didn't do much for me.
Maria Shiva
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this book. A great romance with believable characters set in NZ. Couldn't put it down. ...more
Julie Ireland

• Above the Bay of Angels
  • The Promise of Jesse Woods
  • The Shadow Box
  • Sold on a Monday
  • Defending the Innocent (Max Harrison #2)
  • Criminal Justice (Max Harrison #1)
  • The Paid Juror (Max Harrison #3)
  • Beyond the Tracks
  • Lime Tree Hill (A Reluctant Kiss #1)
  • Dogwood
  • Almost Heaven
  • The Neon Lawyer (Brigham Theodore #1)
  • The Song
  • Under a Cloudless Sky
  • Mercy (Brigham Theodore #2)

News & Interviews