Start by marking “Midnight (Night Fever, 2.5)” as Want to Read:
Midnight (Night Fever, 2.5)

Midnight

(Explicitly Yours #2.5)

Ten years before Lola Winters met him on the sidewalk in front of Hey Joe, Beau Olivier signed a contract that would deliver the first millions of his future fortune. All he wanted to do was celebrate with a beautiful woman—and no strings attached.

He entered Cat Shoppe on the Sunset Strip looking for anyone, but when he saw the kitten-eared girl on the strip club’s main s
Published (first published May 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight

Start your review of Midnight (Night Fever, 2.5)
Attack Salmon
YESSS

After the explosive revelation from the second book, I am finally ready for more Beau Olivier. This novella bring you back to ten years earlier where Beau first met Lola and this is the moment where the whole revenge come into full swing

I love how sassy Lola is during their encounter. A complete opposite of how a pushover she is in the other books. While Beau well it is nice to see what state of mind he is during the whole encounter. He was on the verge to being a multi millionaire after a
Anna
May 08, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a super short novella. It's a retelling of events from book 2 from Beau's POV.

It's included in the set, and I am not sure it's needed to go onto book 3. It read pretty flat to me and didn't reveal any new insight into Beau or his motivations that we don't really already know: he's obsessive, controlling, feels that money can buy or excuse anything, etc
DesertReal
Meh.
It's short, your not missing anything if you don't read this.
If anything it makes the dude's obsession with her even weirder- because you see how trivial their interaction years ago really was.
I'm no stripper, but I'm sure dancers get offered $ for sex all the time- especially during private dances.
For some reason this guy can't deal because he was out celebrating a financial windfall, and this chick in a shiny bikini turns him down? Lol
So years later he masterminds the breakup of her relat
Karen111
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
**Contains mild spoilers if you haven't read books 1 and 2 yet**

Enjoyed this novella, which is set ten years previous to the first book in the series, and told from Beau's POV.
I now get why Beau was the way he was, and why he had a point to prove with Lola - his ego was bruised from her rebuttal. So a lot more of the story has slotted into place and makes more sense to me.
This would've been better at the start of the series, but maybe that's just me!
Cayla Michelle
I would listen to negative reviews. I absolutely loved this series, but this short... I can’t even call it a book. It was the length of a chapter... was not worth it.

It wasn’t worth the money or the read. It didn’t add any depth to the story. Just nada. It does absolutely nothing.

I read it after I finished all the others. And it felt pointless after concluding everything. In addition to the fact that where Beau’s coming from is completely understood and covered throughout the series. It felt re
TomVictory
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Rating for Addition

Because I liked the connection between the two of the books; however I don't get the "Spoiler" warning you gave about it. Nothing gave anything away about his paying Lola for staying with him for the one million dollars as the first two books had. So what the heck was the "Spoiler" supposed to be? His fake sister? How would that spoil anything for the other books. It only told how he made his millions, and about how he met Lola, and her connections to Johnny and the club. S
Karla Barker
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Explicitly Yours series is a 5 star read all the way from the first page of book 1 to the last page of book 4 (5 if you read th novella)Jessica Hawkins is an Amazing author. Her Charachters come to life when you read the books.

A temptation you can't refuse . This is a must read series . I've got the books and the Audibe set. Now I can read this over or listen when I like. Yes this series is that good . What a delicious read. You won't regret it because it will have you gripping your seat from th
Phumudzo
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was good to read Beau's point of view and background story. He was caught by Lola the moment her saw her but by the end of the night it had all gone south for the wrong reason. By chance Beau and Lola's paths clash ten years letter and his plan comes to play. Why did he not just remind Lola of their night at Cat Shappe rather than wasting all that money and causing them pain?
I Love how Jessica wrote the books. I was hooked from the first one till the end
Tasha  Ní Mhiacháin
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I loved this novella. It was nice to take a look back at where it all began for Beau and how from there things managed to get so twisted.
He thought that everyone would bow to him and that everyone would be able to be bought once he made his millions and he was right.
I'm sad that it's over, I left reading the novella until the end. I'll take time to read this series again and I look forward to reading more of Jessica's work.
kristin m hammond
Kind of a rip off!

This little story from when the characters first met 10 years prior should have been a free addition at the end of book 4! I just felt it was another way to get money from readers!
Charity Northrup
A good prequel

This prequel gives you a little more insight to Lolas and Beaus beginning. What made their relationship so chaotic and demeaning from the beginning. A good short read.
Nothing Like A Great Book
Really enjoyed this little taster; read it after reading all four books. Loved this series. And I don't usually love many series, as sadly the writing's never consistently great as in this series. Would recommend reading all the books.
Theresa
This was a really quick read, but didn’t give anything new that wasn’t covered in books 1 and 2.
Sophie
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was interesting to see his perspective but this wasn’t a necessary novella in my opinion
Joan Phillips
Jun 21, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book did not tell anymore than the actual book. It was not what I thought it was.
Joanna Zavalija
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So freaking sexy

Sexy, captivating and hot
Love this series and I’m so glad we get to know more about Lola and Beau’s story
Diane
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story of Lola Winters and Beau Olivier. I loved their journey and I can't wait to read the next book in this series.
Lynn Mullan
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read
B
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super quick read - good way to close off the series
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Midnight is book 2.5 in the Night Fever Series. Reading book 1 and 2 are a must before reading this one, it does have spoilers, somewhat.

It's a quick read. It explains 10 years before book 2. From Beau's POV. How Beau gained his fortune and he and Lola met for the first time. It's more of an extra explanation, bonus scenes, than being critical to the full story line between books 2 and 3.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Lisa
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is short read to be read after books 1 & 2. You can get this for free when you sign up for Jessica's Newsletter.

I loved getting some insight into what happened 'that night', 10 years prior. You see how it affected both Lola and Beau, separately, and what fuels his proposition 10 years later at Hey Joe.

I can't help but think this is a precursor as to what's to come in 'Night Moves'...
Sultan * Baby Mama Smut-a-teer*
Wow ...Beau was one smitten kitten huh? He saw something he wanted and in true beau fashion he made it his point in life to get it. He should of known when he spent 10 getting his plan in motion that he was in love. I loved getting into Beau's head. Its a crazy, wild, and fucked up one at times, but that's Beau for you.
Holly Price
We finally get Beau's POV in the series, but we also learn what happened the night that put everything in motion. Ten years is a long time to hold a grudge and we to see how that happened.

Broke my heart for an overworked and underappeciated Beau and a young little Lola.

A complimentary copy of this book was sent by the author in her newsletter.
♥︎♥︎Sofia♥︎♥︎
This look at Beau's early encounter with Lola wasn't as strong as I thought it's be. It didn't give you the depth of the damage it had on Beau's psyche. In fact I came away thinking 'What's the big deal?' Still Hawkins can do not wrong for me at the moment so.....

Series Review https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Michelle
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Beau's POV of when he first met Lola and what he was going through during his life at the time gives a bit more insight as to why he said and did what he did in Night Call at the end. Beau's priority has been to acquire power and money after working so hard for it that he needs to constantly feel that he is the master of the game.
MARIA CADDEN
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beau’s POV, the reader gets an insight of Beau before he meets Lola. After many rejections, penniless Beau , finally gets to sell his idea worth millions. And what better way celebrate, Beau finds himself in a strip club. Enamored by Lola,he wants her, she rejects him. A devastated , Beau holds onto this rejection for ten years until he meets up with Lola. And this is when the story starts.
Margie Moran
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Midnight(Night Fever Series #2.5) by Jessica Hawkins

These books keep getting better if you haven't started reading them start now you will really enjoy them as much as I have I can't wait to see who wins out her boyfriend or Beau so enjoy margie moran
Yvette
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love Lola & Beau !! ...more
Amber
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick read but loved that it gave Beaus point of view. You got his side to how he got to meet Lola first time. It was nice to also get how he started his business.
Candee Love
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Brought everything together!!!

• The Secret (Arranged Series #2)
  • Revenge (Slay Quartet #3)
  • Rivalry (Slay Quartet, #1)
  • Chosen By The Boss (For The Boss, Part Two)
  • Bought By The Boss (For The Boss, Part One)
  • Ruin  (Slay Quartet, #2)
  • Devotion (The Hunted, #4)
  • The Maybe Series
  • Missing Grace
  • Secret (Betrothed #9)
  • The Baby Clause 2.0 (The Contract, #1.5)
  • Intrigued (The Dark Christmases Trilogy Book 1)
  • Eruption (The Hunted, #3)
  • His Demand (Dirtier Duet, #1)
  • Taken by Lies (Truth or Lies #1)
  • Empire High Betrayal (Empire High, #3)
  • Mafia Scars (The Accidental Mafia Queen, #2)
  • Fourth a Lie (Goddess Isles, #4)

Explicitly Yours (5 books)
  • Possession (Explicitly Yours, #1)
  • Domination (Explicitly Yours, #2)
  • Provocation (Explicitly Yours, #3)
  • Obsession (Explicitly Yours, #4)