Start by marking “Spooky Pookie” as Want to Read:
Spooky Pookie

Spooky Pookie

It’s Halloween! What will little Pookie decide to be this year? Pookie tries on costumes one by one, but somehow can’t find just the right thing. The resolution to Pookie’s dilemma will delight toddlers and their caregivers alike. Told and illustrated with Sandra Boynton’s celebrated charm and pizzazz, Spooky Pookie has all the makings of a beloved Halloween classic. Boo!
Board Book, 18 pages
Published July 7th 2015 by Robin Corey Books

To ask other readers questions about Spooky Pookie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spooky Pookie

Start your review of Spooky Pookie
Jon Nakapalau
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
Remember when choosing your Hallowween costume was such a big deal? This book will take you back to that time and make you smile.
Caitlyn G
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Ruth Ann Lingwall
We love Sandra Boynton’s board books. But we’ve noticed some of her books are great and others just so-so. This is one is tolerable. The long list of costume possibilities is slightly tedious but the pictures are sweet. It is similar to Spot’s Halloween. Since we really love Night Night, Little Pookie, this book naturally had a little more charm for both my son and I.
Rachelle
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Robin
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jpb
SO cute!
Samantha
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A little pig tries on costume after costume until he finds just the right Halloween disguise.

GREAT Halloween-themed read aloud for toddlers and PreK. I think this would make a nice flannelboard story too if you created a paper doll-like pig character and made a variety of costumes for him to try on.
Erica
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I haven't heard my youngest laugh this hard with a book before - her reaction was priceless and her laughter was infectious. The illustrations and silly words make this a great Halloween read aloud for toddlers.
nukie19
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-with-maddie
My daughter, a big Pookie fan, loved this new addition from Boynton. Perfect for the Halloween season, or for any kids who enjoy dressing up.
Brittany
This book is great! Alistair really liked this one. He would smile when we would even just say the title. A fun book about choosing a costume for Halloween with fun rhymes.
Sandy
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, 2015, ever
Super cute and fun! I can't wait until baby is old enough to really get into this one!
wildct2003
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute.
Sharon
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
Sandra Boyton does it again with this rollicking rhyme about little "Pookie" and his quest to find the perfect Halloween costume. The illustrations great also.
Vicki
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Can't say enough on how much I love Sandra Boynton books. This is super spookie pookie-ish! Nice rhyming text and love the colors in the illustrations.
Lynn Plourde
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: board-book
Sandra Boynton cracks me up--she does simple brilliantly! What will the pig wear for a costume for Halloween? A dragon? A banana? You'll have to read to find out . . . get ready to giggle!
Mama Bibliosoph
I'm sad that I didn't have this book when my son Luke was struggling with wearing costumes and trick-or-treating when he was 3. It's a perfect social story for all of the above.

Pookie is an adorable little pig, who your child may already know from many other classic Boynton books (like "What's Wrong, Little Pookie?"). Pookie's mother explains that tonight is Halloween:

Tonight when it's dark
we will walk down the street.
We will visit our friends.
You can say, "Trick or Treat!"

Pookie's mom tells her
Summer
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun book! The boys really liked it.
Robin Raines-Bond
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh what shall you be for Halloween? Pookie is looking for the perfect costume. So cute!
Heather Jo
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lily-list
E
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: board-book
The best Pookie I've read. Which, if you check my reviews, you can see isn't saying much, BUT I really did enjoy it.
Heather
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: j-2018
One of our favorites. We read it throughout the year.
Susan
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
My 4.5 year old loves this. Spoiler alert - it's not actually spooky :P.
Cara Byrne
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful board book about Pookie's search for the perfect halloween costume all while introducing the conventions of trick or treating to a young reader. Cute and brief.
Daffney
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable little board book to read to your favorite toddler or little one.
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Standard Sandra Boynton fare; cutesy and colorful.
Anne-Elizabeth
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A solid 4! The baby loved it.
Erica
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super cute! I love Little Pookie!
Cheriwinkle
Shelves: halloween
Baby’s favorite book
Benjamin Rubenstein
Oct 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I love visiting friend's houses to see what they read...and if they have kids I somehow was not aware were born.

• Little Blue Truck's Halloween
  • Little Blue Truck's Christmas
  • Llama Llama Trick or Treat
  • Goodnight Goon: A Petrifying Parody
  • It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse!
  • Happy Halloween, Daniel Tiger!: A Lift-the-Flap Book
  • Christmas in the Manger
  • Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site
  • Peek-a-Who?
  • Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
  • Little Blue Truck Leads the Way
  • Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA
  • Jamberry
  • First 100 Words
  • Don't Push the Button!
  • Trick or Treat, Pout-Pout Fish
  • Pete the Cat: The First Thanksgiving
  • Bruce's Big Storm
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, ...more