Start by marking “Falling for the Enemy (Private Pleasures, #3)” as Want to Read:
Falling for the Enemy (Private Pleasures, #3)

Falling for the Enemy

(Private Pleasures #3)

A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

Caught between a rock and a rock-hard body…

Salon owner Virginia Boca has declared herself celibate...at least until she wins the election for mayor of Bluelick, Kentucky. No hot men. No sex. And her plan to play the good girl might have worked—if the mysterious, hard-bodied stranger she’s seen around town hadn't p
Published December 1st 2014 by Entangled: Brazen (first published November 28th 2014)

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 Wolverine was worth the wait Stars

One night. No apologies. No regrets."

I absolutely love this series and I absolutely loved this book. A lot. Like a lot A LOT. The town of Bluelick.

When can I move? Samanthe Beck, are you taking applications? Because I am so there it's not even funny.

If you've read the previous book in this series (Light Her Fire) and you've been panting at the chance to finally read all about wolverine and Virginia, prepare to read a book with a silly grin on your face t
Mo
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

3.75 Sugar Stars.

Another good read from the Brazen press! I liked Ginny in the previous book so was happy to take a journey with her and Shaun.

"Please, please, please, Shaun... I have to come now. I don't care what you do, or how you do it. Just ... fucking ... do it.".

"Holy Shit."

"Thank you ... For taking care of me."

Geri Reads
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 I wanna move to Bluelick stars!

Too lazy to do a review right now. But let me just say that I love the small town vibe coupled with off-the-charts steam in this series. I'm glad SB expanded this from Private Practice into two more books. Hopefully, there will be more.

Recommended for readers who are looking for a quick, fun, steamy read with a decent plot and no unnecessary dramatics.
Claire Robinson
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 - "Wolverine's got skills." Stars!

Samanthe Beck is an author that can basically do no wrong in my eyes; she has taken a fictional town and its residents and made me want to move there. Bluelick, Kentucky is definitely on the overachiever side of the scale when it come to hot-single-and-ready-to-mingle men, and all of the ones we have so far met have their own little brand of something special to keep a girl on the slightly damp side.

”I can assure you I haven’t been a virgin for a long time…”
”Y
Michelle
ARC provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for honest review

[image error]

#FallFTE

What is it with small towns and the sexy men that lives there? It seems like this city girl needs to pack up her belongings and move to this small town of Bluelick, Kentucky because Ms. Samanthe Beck did it once again and wrote another HOT READ in Falling for the Enemy. Ms. Beck must warn her readers that this book will heat up your kindles because I must say she did an amazing job turning up the heat and sexiness. U
Lyndy Ann ♫
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, favorites
Falling for the Enemy is Ginny's story and she FINALLY gets her "Wolverine".

Ginny has put herself on a sex hiatus as she is running for Mayor and she does not want any rumors about herself going around Bluelick but every time she sees "Wolverine" she gets wet panties.

Shaun is the mysterious stranger who has been seen around town for the last few weeks after he saves Ginny's life the least she can do is offer him a haircut and shave but what Ginny does not know is Shaun is the eldest son of Tom t
Nicola
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Samanthe Beck once again brings her readers a five-start sizzling read with amazing characters and everything from sexy shenanigans to sweetness. I loved Ginny and Wolverine. There is little more I can say because, to quote Ginny, "Wolverine's got skills...

description

Once again, everything worked perfectly; enemies to lovers is a favourite of mine and Ginny and Shaun's strengths, vulnerabilities, between-the-sheets/washroom/hair salon antics and fight brought a journey that I devoured and kept me riveted w
Jaime Arkin
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
With each and every book I read by Samanthe Beck I fall more and more for her and her writing. She's an auto-buy for me and Falling for the Enemy has solidified that even more.

Ginny Boca has sworn off men and sex... not even the sexy, hot new man she sees walking around town can change her mind, but when he pulls her off the street, saving her from a crazy driver she can't help but imagine what it'd be like to get to know him. Instead she offers a free haircut.

Shaun Buchanan's plan to stay unde
« Court (Take the Read) »

Third person, Dual-POV, HAE. Can be read as standalone.

"One kiss hardly qualifies as a scandal. Let's give 'em something to talk about."

This was a FUN read. I have a feeling I'll most likely work my way through all of Brazen's series by the end of the year because... let's face it... they're super enjoyable, and filled with yummy sex.

Samanthe Beck is new to me, but I'll definitely be reading more by her. The story had an amazing flow, the characters were engaging and the relationship was one yo
Janey
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, entangled
ARC generously provided by entangled publishing in exchange for an honest review..

4.5 "Brace yourself, sweet Virginia" stars

Loved, loved this..

Virginia “Ginny" Boca is the town of Bluelick’s ears, when it comes to anything that’s going on. Being the local salon owner, she’s used to townsfolk imparting their hopes, fears and general discord with any public services. It’s what encouraged her to stand for the mayor’s election.

She had a plan, a serious plan, that didn’t include any distractions, esp
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
Advanced Readers Copy Courtesy of Entangled Publishing...:)

Welcome back to Bluelick Kentucky, where the men get hotter with each book and the women sassier and funnier.....

This is the story of Virgina, a.k.a Ginny and Shaun, a.k.a Wolverine and how their one night stand becomes a repeat offence that leaves the readers panting for more...

Ginny is a hairdresser and owns her own salon in her small hometown. She was born and bread in Bluelick and has now decided to run for mayor. After all being a h
Veronika
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it

*happy sigh* I LOVE Samanthe Beck's books!!! Every single one of them! The writing is catching and it drags you into the book effortlessly. So I was not surprised by the fact that Falling for the Enemy was no different.

When I finished reading Light Her Fire not that long ago, I was curious about the mysterious stranger who appeared a few times through the book. My wishes came true when I found out that I would have a chance to read about him.

On the hotness scale of ten, this book was a solid s
Elodie
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Holy Hotness! WTF was that ? I feel like I need a bucket of water. Or maybe fifty.
Dear Santa, could I have Shaun for Christmas ? Thank you Santa, I love you. Less than I love Shaun, but I love you.

Devika
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wolverine does not disappoint.

ARC kindly received from Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review..
Ivy Deluca
Nov 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: firemen
Third book in the series features Ginny, friend to Melody and Ellie, the heroines in the earlier books, and Shaun Buchanan, long lost son of Tom Buchanan, useless mayor of Bluelick. Ginny plans on running for mayor against Tom, when Shaun shows up, haunted from his time as a SEAL. Then, romance….

The Good, The Bad and Everything In Between

Ginny’s a solid heroine: she’s running for Mayor of Bluelick, which I love - you don’t see alot of heroines involved in civic life, period never mind running f
Mandy
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think that Shaun and Ginny might be my favorite Bluelick couple. I have enjoyed how well Ms. Beck combined the "Brazen" aspects and the small town setting in the Private Pleasures series .
Ginny was a great character, she wasn't needy or bogged down with "issues" and Shaun was practically normal (with a few little bits of issue here and there) In other words, there wasn't a bunch of crazy miscommunication or stupid back and forth.
I truly enjoyed Ginny and Shaun. Shaun and his "Sweet V
Amber
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Honestly, this book bored the actual bejesus out of me. So much so I can't feel the lord's love shining down on me anymore.

When I read an erotica promising me a "hard-bodied stranger" and "wickedly hot sex", I expect a shit ton of male objectification. Instead, this was all just fifty ways in which Ginny can please Shaun or how Ginny's ass can look when squeezed into booty shorts or Shaun's hands. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE SHAPE OF GINNY'S ASS.

But then again, if I had a male protagonist as dr
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A hot, sexy novel filled with secrets and small town political intrigue. A little anticlimactic but still a fun story overall.

Opening Sentence: Holy crap, I’m going to die like a gnat, splattered against a windshield.

The Review:

Falling for the Enemy is the third novel in the Private Pleasures series featuring residents from the small town of Bluelick, Kentucky. This novel was a hot but sweet romance. I enjoyed the characters of Ginny and Sha
Cynthia
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars;
Quick and steamy fun!
Jillian Stein
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Falling for the Enemy is the third book in author Samantha Beck’s Private Pleasures series. This is a series I have loved for the beginning written by an author I adore but I must say, Falling for the Enemy is by far my favorite of Ms. Beck’s work yet. Oh my yum, this book was packed with passion, emotion, and even a bit of mystery and suspense. I loved every smoldering second of this story.

Ginny Boca has had enough. She’s got enough on her plate with being the owner of her town’s beauty shop an
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Falling for the Enemy is the third book in Samanthe Beck's Private Pleasures series and I enjoyed it just as much as the previous ones. Each of the books in this series have been fun, sexy romances with great characters and a fun small town setting and I've enjoyed every visit to Bluelick.

We met Ginny and Wolverine, AKA Shaun, in the previous book and I was looking forward to getting to know them better. Ginny is the town hairdresser and often underestimated because of that but she cares about B
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
by Kim

Simply put, Falling for the Enemy by Samanthe Beck is a must read. I’m happy to say that I’ve read all of Samanthe’s books and she definitely doesn't disappoint with this one.

Virginia “Ginny” Boca is a hairdresser and salon owner. Shaun Buchanan is a career soldier. The two first meet when Shaun saves Ginny from his idiot younger half brother, almost running her over. With no more than a chance to say thank you to the stranger who saved her, the tw
LJT
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Samanthe Beck has another winner with Falling for the Enemy, the third book from her Private Pleasures series. The setting for this book and the first two is the quintessential small town of Bluelick, Kentucky, where everyone knows your name, address and serial number. This story centers around salon owner Virginia Boca and former Navy SEAL Shaun Buchanan. Virginia is a beautiful, outgoing woman who just happens to be a good listener. Shaun is trying to figure out his future while keeping a low ...more
Jenn Hype
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
OMG Ginny! I fracking loved her. I want her to be my friend. She's just one of those characters you can't help but love. If she were running for mayor of my town, I'd totally vote for her.

And Shaun? The brooding bachelor with scars so deep you can't help but wanna scoop him up and hug him. Not that he'd be someone's cuddle partner. You don't cuddle with someone like Shaun Buchanan unless it's preceded by some seriously hot sex.

Every book in this series, when I finished I'd be like "THAT one was
Vee Paige
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this one. It was sexy, funny and full of amazing characters. Our couple Ginny and Shaun find themselves at the opposing ends of a mayoral election. I love that the heroine is the one running for office. Shaun's father is the incumbent and he plays dirty (the father I mean.) Both were not aware of this in the beginning and had one steamy encounter. There were several laugh-out-loud moments. One was when our couple finally found out that they were "enemies" and the other had to do with a p ...more
starsaga
Not too good, I liked this less than I expected to.,
I put this book down many times, even though it is short and should have been a breeze to read. I think it was because I did not get a sense from either of the MCs that they knew what they were doing. The whole, hiding the relationship from the town because of the mayoral campaign was too much contrived tension for me.
Alison Bliss
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great story!

I have serious love for a honest hero with integrity and this former Navy SEAL, Shaun Buchanan, has it in spades. Not to mention he's sweet, thoughtful, and all kinds of sexy. Probably one of my favorite heroes of Samanthe Beck's thus far.

I enjoyed this story so much and can't wait to read more books by this author!
The Junkie's Fix (Cecilemely)
5 HOT Wolverine STARS!
JLOluvsbooks&dogs
This was a thoroughly enjoyable and humorous rom-com. Good writing style, no edit issues and low angst. It had laugh out loud moments and I will never look at a makeup brush the same way again ;)
JewelsyGoolsy
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. I liked it enough but it wrapped up a little to neatly and conveniently for me to love it.
  • Black Widow Demon (Demon Outlaws, #2)
  • Tamed (Fit Trilogy #2)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • Seducing the Bridesmaid (Wedding Dare, #3)
  • On the Edge (Uncommon, #0.5)
  • Return of the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #4)
  • Melting into You (Sweet Home Alabama, #3)
  • Once a SEAL (West Coast Navy SEALs, #2)
  • Dirty Thoughts (Mechanics of Love, #1)
  • Blamed (Blood Money #1)
  • Devil's Honor (The Devil's Keepers #1)
  • Kiss the Bride (Amour et Chocolat, #0.5)
  • Dare to Resist (Wedding Dare, #0.5)
  • From This Moment On (Alaskan Nights # 2.5)
  • Baiting the Maid of Honor (Wedding Dare, #2)
  • Trouble Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #3)
  • Taking Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #3)
  • Falling for the Groomsman (Wedding Dare, #1)
Wine lover, sleep fanatic, and USA Today Bestselling Author of sexy contemporary romance novels, Samanthe Beck lives in Malibu, California, with her long-suffering but extremely adorable husband and their turbo-son. Throw in a furry ninja named Kitty and Bebe the trash talking Chihuahua and you get the whole, chaotic picture.

When not dreaming up fun, fan-your-cheeks sexy ways to get her characters

Private Pleasures (3 books)
  • Private Practice (Private Pleasures, #1)
  • Light Her Fire (Private Pleasures, #2)
“I’m full of expectations. I expect you to let me peel those thin, tight, and very damp shorts down your legs. I expect you to give my mouth and tongue and hands free reign until you’re biting your lip to keep from begging for more. And when I give you more, I expect you to scream my name in gratitude. If you feel the need to slap my face before, during or afterwards, go right ahead.” 2 likes
“he cupped her chin, traced her lips, and slid two fingers inside. A shockingly intimate and inexplicably controlling move—as if he intended to invade and possess every part of her. Even though the notion disturbed her, she couldn’t help tightening her lips to keep him there. He groaned his approval, then took a deep breath, opened his eyes and met hers in the mirror. “It’s about to get rough.” 1 likes