Start by marking “Tinman to Ironman” as Want to Read:
Tinman to Ironman

Tinman to Ironman

Author Chris Swanson knows what it means to be both a Tinman and an Ironman. Growing up he struggled in sports, school and as an individual. From his teens to his early twenties, he lived the shallow life of a Tinman. He only did just enough to get by until, in his late twenties, he was confronted by an intruder inside his home. That night changed his life forever and star ...more
Published 2014 by Next Century Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tinman to Ironman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tinman to Ironman

Start your review of Tinman to Ironman
Chuck
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
Tinman to Ironman has a very simple concept. Tin men are easily crushed, iron men are indestructable. Chris Swanson is an Ironman having completed numerous races. He is also a body builder, Sheriff's deputy (Undersheriff of county), paramedic, medical examiner, a servant leader, and motivational speaker.

The motivational speaker part is important to this book. Chris Swanson has written a fun and action oriented book that features small chapters of stories from his life and the lessons he learned.
Charlie Anderson
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chris Swanson is one of my favorite idols that I cannot wait to meet! I absolutely love listening to his cd's and can honestly say he is to thank for the changes that are about to come my way in life!!! If you want change, fill your life with Chris Swanson!!
SJ Barakony
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
A neat concept to structure a book around the length of a marathon!

Very simple read -- doesn't take a lot of effort to breeze through the just over 100 pages --- however, be forewarned, Mr/Mrs. speed reader (or not yet a leadership level reader): Mr. Swanson puts a lot into this short book, and he is a superb role model. The latter shows clear in several of the chapters, and in the account of his family and faith lives generally speaking.

Having heard him on an audio recording in the past, and a
Joe Burdick
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Chris Swanson is one of the most energetic, tenacious, encouraging servant leaders I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and his writing shows exactly that-it's like sitting and having a conversation with him. Tin man to Ironman is his personal advice to anyone who struggles with confidence and needs to know that they can work their way through it. It's a process like any other. Mr. Swanson nailed everything that goes through most people's minds in easy language. Make no mistake-it is an easy re ...more
Neil Geisel
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Chris Swanson is a very energetic speaker and delivers his talks with powerful emotion. I mention this because it helps to vision the person delivering the material, in this case in a written book. He is passionate about his topics and I appreciate his honesty. He never puts himself on a pedestal and is humble about his goals and accomplishments. It is this example that I have been inspired to emulate in my own life. His is a great role model for the younger generation and a great leader in so m ...more
Brandon Perry
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. The author serves in the same town I'm from, so reading his stories and knowing exactly the areas he was talking about made it all the more fun to read. But what I really enjoyed was the simple words teaching us how to become champions in our lives. Looking forward to applying these Ironman principles in my life.
Michael
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Short, easy to read in a few minutes chapters that grabbed and held me. Tremendous life lessons are presented and gave me new goals and insights of what it takes to win. Powerful stuff, some tough life lessons learned in competition and on the job. A fabulous boost for me, how about you?
Don El
Oct 07, 2015 added it
Motivational personal testimony of taking control of your life by God's grace to transform your life by setting the destiny for your life and just doing it, 1 step at a time!

Awesome & practical points outline the actions that must take place to get it done

NEVER EVER QUIT!
Kathy Winter
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book! Easy reading, Awesome Ideas to apply to become strong, dedicated , positive, grateful, spiritual, healthy, successful, committed, and a lot more! These ideas can be applied at home, work and social circles to become a better you!
Thanks for the Help

Kathy Winter
Marc Page
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: botm, story, physical
Not what I expected. Terrific collection of stories from Ironman competitions to police work situations that all illustrate principles in toughening up and achieving goals.
George Hunger
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book filled with solid and encouraging advice. Well worth the read, this book comes in 26 short chapters (2-3 pages each) and written by Flint native Chris Swanson.
Jeremy
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
A short read about facing obstacles and becoming a stronger person through adversity.
Rusty Hampton
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
All 26.2 themes can apply to every person that reads this great work. This is my first time through the material and I will dive into it repeatedly for decades to come.
Greg Ellis
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Easy to read, and to the point. Simple concepts to apply to life to achieve greatness.
Jason Armitage