Jump to ratings and reviews

Forbidden Men #5

A Perfect Ten

Let your hair down, Caroline, they said. It'll be fun, they said.

I know I've closed myself off in a major way over the past year, ever since “the incident” where I messed up my life completely. It's past time I try to live again or just give up altogether. But this is quite possibly the craziest thing I've ever done. In a last ditch effort to invigorate myself, I'm standing outside Oren Tenning's bedroom, I just peeled off the sexiest pair of underwear I own, and my hand is already raised to knock. My brother would disown me for doing anything with his best friend, and he'd probably kill Oren. But if I play my cards right, no one will ever know about this. Not even Ten.

Maybe after tonight, I’ll finally get over this stupid, irrational crush I hate having on the biggest jerk I’ve ever met. Or maybe I’ll just end up falling for him even harder. Maybe I’ll discover there’s so much more to my crude, carefree hunk than meets the eye.

434 pages, Kindle Edition

First published March 30, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Linda Kage

43 books5,443 followers
Linda writes romance fiction from YA to adult, contemporary to fantasy.

Published since 2010, she first went through a 2-year writing correspondence class in children’s literature from The Institute of Children’s Literature, then graduated with a Bachelor's in Arts-English with an emphasis in creative fiction writing from Pittsburg State University.

She currently lives with her husband, two daughters, a cat named Holly, and nine cuckoo clocks in southeast Kansas.

She started out reading with the Baby-Sitters Club, then moved to Sandra Brown, Linda Howard, Julie Garwood, and LaVyrle Spencer in high school. Now, she's all over the place with her romance reading tastes.

A few of her favorite things have been:
Stranger Things, Supernatural, Cheers, Teen Wolf, Umbrella Academy, Outlander, Yellowstone, Grey's Anatomy, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Shawshank Redemption, Dirty Dancing, Harry Potter, Tangled, A Walk to Remember, Dr. Pepper, Roast Beef with mashed potatoes and onion rings, the poem "Equipment" by Edgar A. Guest, and To Kill a Mockingbird.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
467 (3%)
1 star
249 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 1,084 reviews
Profile Image for Christy.
3,711 reviews31.6k followers
February 16, 2016
5 ‘Lick you later’ stars!

photo c8f492c2-49aa-47c1-91ab-5f111a022131_zpscu5kpsrd.jpg

Linda Kage has done it again. Created a story I completely adore with a near-perfect hero and heroine. When I read Be My Hero and fell so hard for Pick and his story, I didn’t think it could be done again. I mean, the same series… who can make me feel like this twice? Linda Kage can. Pick is (and will probably always be) my favorite of hers. He’s in my top 5 book boys ever. But Ten… Ten was pretty perfect. He gave him a run for his money and that’s really saying something!
So this is my Pathetic Loser’s confession: I am Oren Tenning, and I have fallen. Hard.

photo 740db4cd-46de-4063-99c8-1cb2958a4493_zps7vhh69qi.jpg

Oren Tenning has been tempted by Caroline Gamble from the moment he first met her. But she is 100% off limits. She is his best friends little sister and has been warned away from her more times than he can count. But Ten can’t help how he feels about her. He does his best to steer clear for Noels sake, but he still has feelings for Caroline.

These feelings are not one sided. Caroline has it bad for Ten. She has for a long time. So Caroline does what any sane and normal woman would do… she sneaks into Ten’s room in the dark and pretends to be someone else. I swear to you, this is not as creepy as it sounds. It’s actually pretty hot and comical at the same time. Ten trying to describe his night with this perfect stranger… hysterical!

“No,” I muttered, growing more irritated than ever. “I’m Ten.”

photo c2cbc343-d602-418a-98b6-e80c0341e5a2_zpskptgwdez.jpg

Caroline and Ten carry on these forbidden meetings for some time. No matter how much they know it’s wrong on some levels, they can’t seem to stop themselves. And these hidden hook ups quickly turn into something else. Something with more feeling. They have off the charts chemistry, but they also have real feelings for each other. They’re able to talk, to be there for one another. Ten has never had that with a girl before.

Ten is not just the funny easy guy we’ve come to know and love. He’s a real person with real feelings and his past isn’t simple. I wasn’t sure if Ten would be able to settle down, to be serious. But he proved me way wrong.
“No one’s ever pleased me the way you please me. Every time with you is better than the last. I can’t even… God, Caroline. You own me.”

photo e34cd103-1c6e-462a-acae-31a749b643e7_zpskmj9wtpu.jpg
“Baby, there’s nothing he could say or do to keep me away from you.”

Forbidden love stories just happen to be a weakness of mine. Add in a sweet and snarky heroine, an over the top hilarious man-whore of a hero, and you have a perfect story. You know a book is wonderful when you get closer and closer to the end and you’re just like noooooooo I don't’ want it to be over! I didn’t want this one to end.

I loved the dual pov, all the laughs I got from Ten and Caroline. Their love story was all kinds of funny, sexy and sweet. I will never get tired of reading about this crew. Even though this could technically be read as a stand alone, you will get so much more out of it if you read the books in order and get to know the rest of the characters first. I love them all and can’t wait for Asher’s story!

photo e2000e09-aff3-4915-a2e7-8fd637168a4e_zpslip7awqq.jpg
Profile Image for • Lisa •.
555 reviews1,526 followers
FIVE OREN TENNING STARS.

"So this is my Pathetic Loser's confession: I am Oren Tenning, and I have fallen. Hard."

description

Linda Kage continues her Forbidden men series in style. Since meeting Oren Tenning and his manwhore ways I've been dying, yes dying to get my grabby romance hands all over this book. Packed full of genuinely heart felt moments I could not stop turning the pages to see what would become of this loveable rogue and his laughably inappropriate ways. I've never wanted a hero to find his way to love more and in this novel Linda Kage couldn't have showcased a character transformation any better. Dirty flirty encounters and 'what will happen next' filled pages 'A Perfect Ten' deserved a perfect five star rating and I couldn't be happier with this story that has been long anticipated as a favourite. Mrs Kage has won me over once again.

What's it all about?
Oren Tenning has always hidden his tragic past, secrets and hurt with his good looks, dirty mouth and luck with the ladies. His fresh start at college meant he never had to deal with what he left behind in his hometown and so his journey of his manwhore epic status began. As the years go by he builds trust with friendships allowing himself to feel l
things he didn't intend to so when he meets his best friends younger sister he never expected to start to have feeling's for her especially when those feelings are so off limits they can only be forbidden. Only problem is Caroline is not one to sit back and allow him to take no for an answer and when one unexpected night makes them both examine how they really feel it starts the path of a secret love that neither one could have ever imagined.

What did I love?
This is the type of book that I want every reader to love just as much as I have, in fact I think I may be feeling slightly protective of this forbidden novel because I've already fallen hard in love with, not only it's content but the characters created too. It's fairly obvious to me as a reader, that the author has created characters that she is crazy in love with and although not every book in the series has been a five star experience for my reading tastes, I can definitely reassure readers that this author has a talent for happily dragging her audience right into the heart of her story telling. Oren and Caroline's story is so unexpected and quite honestly before starting this book I thought I already knew all there was to know about these characters and although it does have an element of predictability, I was blown away by the direction that Linda Kage took this story in. Oren Tenning was true to his character as a no nonsense, no filter, filthy talker but I also loved how this novel allowed the reader to see his softer 'in love' side. Caroline Gamble is certainly a go getter and I enjoyed that the author allowed for her character to stay in line with her young age but also it showed a maturity and depth that meant she won me over with her love for our hero. Overall I loved that the book made me laugh, cry and want to hug my kindle the whole way through. A delicious mix of sexy and sweet I'm pleased as punch that I've seen this series through to this latest release and I'm almost already feeling impatient for book six in the series.

Final thoughts ...
I'm excited to see that kinda Kage will be continuing with this series, why stop when all is going so well? I for one can never get enough of a good thing and I'm certainly not ready to say goodbye to these forbidden men just yet. 'A perfect ten' was heart achingly wonderful, sinfully sexy and just the right side of forbidden. Oren Tenning was as fabulous as I imagined and so much more and his counterpart was the perfect companion for our broken man whore right up to the smile inducing epilogue. Linda Kage spills her romantic heart all over this book and those that have been closely following this series will be giddy excited at all that this author has to offer. And to those that have not yet grabbed these books if you love a dirty flirty, true love romance with just the right amount of drama and plotting then you will treasure these books just as much as I have I'm sure. Not much else to add but to say I can't wait to see what fellow addicts think about this unforgettable hero and his epic attempt at true love. Enjoy ... Kisses.

*ARC generously provided directly from the gorgeous author, Linda Kage.*
March 16, 2017
5 My Perfect Ten Stars

photo tumblr_inline_oi4oymSAWz1qdizr1_500_zpskuub3uhl.gif

Some Spoilers

OMFG I LOVE TEN!!!!!!!!!! Love him! He was perfect..... absolutely, completely perfect! A perfect ten just stole my heart and the spot as my favorite book of the series. Sorry Pick I still love you though. I just can't believe how in love with this book I am. I have a total book hangover and I want to go back and reread the whole thing because I don't want Ten's story to end. OMG it was so epic.

photo 30030240338cdd445e27f64db44e15bb_zpssbuhdsqu.jpg

photo bookhangover-epicreads_zpsdstbph8c.jpg

Let me just say that I am madly in love with a fictional character and his name is Oren Tenning! He was so different from other heroes I have read. He was a crude, sarcastic, politically incorrect, misogynistic man-whore. You would think I would have hated him but he stole my heart. Ten was also sweet, caring, and loyal The way he was with Caroline was swoon worthy but still totally Oren Tenning. Meaning he stayed true to his character and didn't turn into a sap. Ten is going on my book boyfriend list. Caroline was great too and so worthy of someone as awesome as Ten. She was brave, sassy, outspoken, and loyal. I loved how she didn't let her brother's wishes stop her from getting her man!

photo 17309622_zpskwgaa4yo.gif

Ten and Caroline were on fire they were so damn hot. Their passion jumped off the pages. So did their love. I felt really connected to them as a couple. Their love story is one that will stick with me for a very long time. I loved how this book made me laugh so hard one minute and cry , my heart breaking for this couple the next. Their journey was epic, emotional, and touching. It had my feelings all over the place. Especially towards the end I was totally gutted for all this couple had to go through. And Noel I was so mad at Noel. I love me some Noel but I felt so disappointed at the way he acted when he found out about his sister and Ten. I enjoyed getting more of the whole gang in this book. I fell in love with all the characters in this series so I love every minute I get in their life. The epilogue, Ten and Caroline's HEA, omg it was so cute. I just loved this book so much. Great read and addition to the series.
Profile Image for Geri Reads.
1,232 reviews2,023 followers
April 3, 2015
4.5 Ten and Caroline are perfect for each other stars!

I won't do a full summary of the book here since the blurb is pretty self-explanatory. And I also feel that Ten and Caroline's story has been playing out since book two and I think most readers are already familiar with their back story.

For non-readers of this series, you could say Ten and Caro's story is typical in this genre. Ten is a manho with a heart of gold and Caroline is the forbidden sister of his best friend. She thinks he doesn't have feelings because he acts like an ass around her and sleeps around. He thinks he's doing her a favor by staying away. Plus, he promised her brother not to touch her.

Others might cringe and shrug seeing those familiar tropes but I don't care. I loved this book. Loved Ten and Caroline. And if you want a reason as to why you should read this book, I give you...

The Top Ten Reasons Why A Perfect Ten is a Perfect Read

1. Ten. I mean, come on. Oren Tenning with his crude humor, loyalty and his love for his lady is reason enough to read this book. Seriously, Ten is everything.

2. Caroline. At first, I thought we're getting another innocent Mary Sue intent on changing the manwhore but Caroline surprised me in so many ways. She was funny and endearing and feisty. In other words, she basically gave Ten a run for his money.

3. The humor. This book made me laugh. I mean, sure some of the humor was a bit on the cheesy side but it worked!!

4. Because of lines like this.
"If he's Noel, then who're you?"
"I'm Ten."
He blinked, honestly clueless. "Ten what?"
"Ten seconds away from putting your parents out of their misery for having an idiot for a son. Jesus. Catch up, already."

I mean, sure, it's a little cheesy but I laughed out loud the first time I read it. I still laugh every time I see that line get quoted anywhere.

5. Because of Ten and Caro lit up the sheets like nobody's business. I mean, holy shit batman! This book made me blush...and giggle...and blush again.

6. The side characters are fun. I mean sure, I wanted to junk punch Noel a few times but the other characters were great.. especially Colton and Brandt. They are a hoot. They are two Tens in the making.

7. Uh...refer to number one.

8. Umm...refer to number two.

9. What?? Ten is too many okay!! I thought titling my review The Top Ten Reasons Why A Perfect Ten is a Perfect Read would be cute. Clearly, I didn't think that far ahead. Geez! I'm only human. Plus, I believe in recycling dammit, so I'm going to recycle reasons. So for reason number fucking nine, please refer to reason number three. Jesus.

10. Because I said so.

Enough said.

P.S. I am never doing this top ten shit again. My brain's capacity is only good up to six apparently. Top six. That I can do.

Thanks Lana for the BR!

An ARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾.
1,987 reviews11.7k followers
July 15, 2015
5 STARS

Have you ever started a series and fallen so hard for a secondary character you were equal parts itching to finally get your hands on their book and dreading it at the same time? Dreading it because after 3 books of building his story up in your head, there is no possible way the author can do him justice. That is, unless that author is the brilliant Linda Kage. Because OH MY GOD. I loved this book so hard, I don't even have the words. When Oren Tenning first came on the scene as Noel's loud mouthed and manwhoring best friend in To Professor, with Love I just knew his story had to be a good one, especially when you could practically see the fireworks go off the first time he laid his eyes on Noel's younger sister...Noel's very VERY hands off sister.
Didn't he know that forbidding me only made me want to crowd in as close as I could until I was fucking INSIDE her?

Book by book Linda built him up to our hearts, where finally in With Every Heartbeat he truly shined for everything that he truly is. Where early in the series you just get to scrape the surface of everything that is Ten, seeing the way he was with Quinn and Zoey you truly get to see the heart beneath his manwhoring and potty mouthed ways. And oh, be still my beating heart.

Caroline has been lusting after Oren for months. After having her young girl heart crushed by a man that cared nothing for her, she moves in with her brother and his now wife. But unfortunately her relationship past has turned Noel into an overprotective ogre, especially when it comes to warning off his best friend. Too bad that no matter how many times Noel tells her and no matter how many times she's slapped in the face with who Oren is, Caroline can't turn her feelings off...
My stupid, idiotic heart that had no sense of decency or self-preservation whatsoever. Seriously, what kind of heart fell for an annoying, obnoxious, loud-mouthed male-slut?

Can I just say how much I loved the humorous banter in this book? Because it was just filled with it. Between Ten's smart mouth, and Caroline and Zoey, and all the other fantastic secondary characters, I think I had a goofy smile on my face the entire time reading this
I can't text him saying, 'Your dick is now mine. Get it near any other woman, and I'll physically remove it from you and keep it in a jar by my bedside.' That would sound a bit creepy."
"Actually, I was thinking it sounded A LOT creepy.

But of course at the center of everything was Ten and Coraline. If ever there were 2 people that couldn't be more perfect for each other, it's these two. They just fit. I don't know else to better describe it. Their chemistry together was just through the roof. And speaking of chemistry, this may just be THE hottest book Linda Kage has written yet. I thought my Kindle may catch fire through certain parts because let me just say that Oren has quite the mouth on him...
What the fuck have you done to me, Caroline?

I never wanted this book to end. I honestly can't tell you one thing about it I didn't absolutely love. It was funny, it was sexy, it was os so addictingly good.

I adored Ten. Who would have guessed that the dirty mouthed manwhore would have such a heart of gold. Gah! I'm in total gush mode here.
Why couldn't I stay away from you?" he demanded with another long, slow thrust. "Why can't I get enough of you?" Thrust. "Why do I want to own every fucking piece of you?" Thrust.

As much as I never wanted it to end, I absolutely LOVED the epilogue. What a perfect conclusion to the series. I absolutely cannot wait to see what Linda has in store with us next, and hopefully Asher will be getting his turn soon because the little peak we get of his story in this book sounded absolutely delicious.

ARC courtesy of publisher in exchange for an honest review

For more reviews visit
Profile Image for Melissa.
355 reviews613 followers
May 1, 2015
DNF at 48%

Multiple choice questions!!!
Legit stuff right here.

What do you do when you like a guy that's slept with everyone and their mother? Possibly their dog too. What? Don't look at me like that. You never know these days. You...

A. Sit down and think it through. Cause maybe liking a guy who likes everyone under the sun isn't the most smartest step.
B. Move on. Because contrary to popular belief we are not animals dominated by hormones.
C. Think " I must be the next notch on his belt. Maybe my sex will make him change and fall in love with me".

What do you do when you've thrown yourself at a guy and he turns you FLAT down, not once, but TWICE? You...

A. Have some self respect and walk away with your head held high.
B. Have the common courtesy to respect his wishes. Cause, you know, he's a human being.
C. Trick him into thinking you're someone else, because obviously the only thing that matters at the end of the day is getting your way. Screw the fact that he said NO.

What's the first thought that pops into your head when he's talking to a girl?You...

A. She's probably a friend.
B. She seems really nice and OMG I love her shoes!
C. That bitch! She's such a fat slut for talking to him. That cunt better shut her trap hole before I shove my foot down her throat! LEAVE HIM ALONE YOU WHORE!

What do you do when your find out he's going to hook up with a girl later tonight? You...

A. Stop chasing after him cause at some point if he ever really wanted to be with you, he'd at least show interest.
B. Maybe sulk a little in privacy cause sometimes rejection stings a bit.
C. You tell said girl that he has a STD. Because obviously if you ain't getting in his pants NO.ONE.WILL.

If all your answers were C...

I was so ready to 5 star this even before having read it. I mean, I adored Price of a Kiss, so as you can imagine, I had FN skyscraper expectations. And now I'm just here flabbergasted at what the heck I just read...or tried to.

There were so many things wrong here. Where do I start?

-The slut shamming came rolling out Caroline's mouth in spades. There was not one girl introduced in the story-bear in mind I only got halfway through, which was like 200 pages or so- where they weren't called a slut, a whore, or any other nonsense for the sole fact of talking to Ten. It was offensive and demeaning. And I'm not being my usual picky self, but trust me when I say, it's off putting when every girl is called a whore, slut, or bitch for doing the SAME EXACT THING Caroline was doing.

-The whole banging in the dark thing. I'm not even going to get into details but it was ridiculous as hell. It could never get that FN dark and how the hell do you explain loving someone for more than a year, knowing them in and out and not be able to tell it's them in your room talking to you. Dude please.

-Then there was the sex talk. Ok Ima admit I'm not really one who likes it. I mean the book has got to hot as fire and have great dialogue to maybe get away with it in my opinion but I am always lenient but here I just had to draw the line.
"stretching my womb."

“because all I can think about is sucking those hard, succulent berries into my mouth"

"mating my mouth with Caroline's"

“No tongue laps up this cream but mine.”

“Wow. I love how full you always make me feel, how perfectly you slide in and out, how warm and stimulating your fingers are when they cup my breasts and...yeah.”

-Then there was Caroline and her freaky ass attitude. I kid you not it is scary how desperate she can get. Sneaking into Ten's room pretending to be someone else just so she can get screwed even though he's told her twice that he doesn't want to be with her, stealing his phone so she could put her number in and basically having an organism just by touching it.
Man, just run. Run as fast and as far as you can.
Profile Image for Jennifer Kyle.
2,341 reviews4,597 followers
November 14, 2021
4.5 ”My Perfect Ten” Stars

description

Linda Kage delivered BIG TIME with Ten and Caroline’s story. It was everything I dreamed of and more. The story is told in alternating povs of Oren Tenning and Caroline Gamble. These two main characters both have amazing senses of humor, high sex drives and a forbidden infatuation with one another.

Caroline just can’t take staying away from the funny, man whore anymore. Her attempts in other books have come up empty but she’s found a way to be with him without even Ten knowing it’s her. Night Caller and Ten have some hot and heavy nights together but when her identity is confirmed both characters can’t let go of what they have in one another.

description

Ten’s past and family comes into play, while his graduation is quickly approaching and the girl of his dreams is in his arms. All would be wonderful in the world if not for Caroline’s big brother Noel Gamble and his warnings and insistence that Ten never touch Caroline.

”Gamble was my best friend and Caroline was my heart and soul. But I didn’t see how I could keep both.”

This story was exciting, hilarious and heartbreaking at times and Ten and Caroline were a perfectly matched couple. The whole cast from the series is in this story which ends with a fabulous epilogue based on years in the future.

Ten and Caroline...

description

*ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*
Profile Image for Pavlina Read more sleep less blog  .
2,434 reviews4,554 followers
IT'S LIVE <33 http://amzn.to/1IJ42lv

5 TEN + CAROLINE STARS

What can I say? This book is one of the best books I have ever read, maybe because of Ten! Caroline and Ten drowned me in the book and captivated me. I didn't want to finish it.I want to re-read it again and again!! Have you ever fallen in love with a character and thought about him all the time??This is exactly what happen to me with Ten!!

description

Caroline and Ten are attracted to each other.But there is a problem...she is the sister of his best friend. What are you going to do? Do you stay away from her? Caroline is not your typical girl who's afraid...she wants him and she finds a way to have him but without him knowing with who he is...How is this happening?You have to read it to find it!!
Ten...You are my Ten :))) Ugh I still think about him..I have a crush on him from the previous book..I find him more interesting than Quinn.Really I can talk about him for hours...He is just perfect for me!!I was so excited finally to read his story!!He is smart,funny,protective,sweet and so sexy!!

description

Caroline is also amazing!!She is perfect for him! She is funny,smart and like I said before she is willing to get what she wants and she isn't afraid of anything..even her brother!!
This book was definitely the hottest book so far.When these two are together..They are on fire!!Their connection is of the charts!I can't even think Ten without Caroline..and Caroline without Ten..their dialogues are hilarious, and there are also sad moments.I loved how their relationship developed.And the epilogue was just perfect!!!

description

If you're a fan of Ten, definitely read this book, you won't be disappointed!!I don't know if there is another book in this series but I hope we see more books..
Profile Image for Brandi.
633 reviews1,277 followers
June 4, 2015

4.5 Stars

description

I've been looking forward to Ten and Caroline's story, and I was not disappointed. I adore these characters, they are perfect for each other, and had had cheesy grin on my face throughout their story.

Caroline and Ten have been sniffing around each other for a while, but Ten doesn't want to betray his best friend, Noel. But when an opportunity she can't refuse falls into her hands, Caroline changes everything.

A Perfect Ten was hilarious, sexy and fun. Yes, it had some ott moments, but it make me laugh, swoon and even get a little misty eyed. I really enjoyed this one.

description

*ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review.*
Profile Image for NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}.
1,300 reviews85 followers
November 8, 2015
***5+ "Lick you later, baby!" stars for Oren "Ten" Tenning and his lovely Caroline***

I think that almost everyone from my friends had realized by now, that i have become almost obsessed with this series...
Every single story was unique and captivating and i honestly can't decide which one of these couples are my favorite one!!!

I think that i love them all and until "A Perfect Ten", my most favorite with a tiny difference were Pick and Eva (Milk Tits) and after them, were Mason and Reese (Buttercup)!!!
You probably wonder about the nicknames, but i wrote them only because Ten had this habit to give nicknames to everyone!!!

Oh, what i was saying??? Right!!! Ten!!!
Well, as i was reading this series, all the comments that my friends were making me were about the fifth book and especially, for Ten!!! So, i was so curious and eager to read why this Ten guy was so special!!!

Really, i couldn't get it!!!
I met Ten for the first time on the second book and i wasn't having the greatest impression of him...
He was immature and a little bit (okay, a lot!!!) of a prick and he wasn't thinking before acting and not in a good way!!!
So why the hell everyone was so obsessed with this man???

I will have to admit that they were having right...
Now, i get it!!!

In the next books after the second one, he remained this immature person but he was having some glimpses of maturity and sweetness and i started to liked him, but in HIS book.....
Wow!!! He was just perfect!!! THE PERFECT TEN!!!
And now, i'm wondering...
Is it possible for Oren to achieve becoming my favorite one???
Yep, the odds are finally with him!!!

Oren liked Caroline from the first moment that he laid eyes on her, but there was a complication...
Caroline was Noel's little sister and Noel was Oren's best friend...
So, she was totally forbidden to him!!!

The fact that Noel was warning him all the time to stay away from her wasn't helping at all...
And he had a good point since Oren was a big manwhore and Noel knew everything about Ten's sex life and how he treated women...

"I just wanted to wring his idiot neck for so constantly telling me to stay away from Caroline. Didn’t he know that forbidding me only made me want to crowd in as close as I could until I was fucking inside her?"

Caroline had also a big crush on Oren, even though that he was the biggest manwhore that she have ever met and even though that he was acting like a real asshole most of the times!!!
But there was something on him, that it couldn't make her stop liking him!!!

And she had tried to become something more for him in Quinn's book, but Ten was holding himself back even though he wanted it like his next breath.

"Oren Tenning was the epitome of the male chauvinist pig. Every word to spew from his mouth was laced with all his crude, promiscuous thoughts. I wanted to hate everything about him with every fiber of my being, except he stirred each molecule in me into wanting to pounce and take him instead."

Even though he was hurting Caroline with his rejection, he was loyal to his best friend.
But Caroline was determined to win him, even though for a night, so she followed her insticts and she started a very smart and sexy game with him, and she got him!!!

But he didn't know that she was his "Midnight Visitor"... or he didn't want to believe it!!!

“Damn it, Caroline. You started this. You came to me and tricked me into playing with you. Now you have me. Your brother is going to kill us both for this, so you better make it worth our while."

So what will happen when Oren will discover the truth about his secret lover's identity???
He would be mad with her for her seductive game or he could not stay away for the only thing that he wanted for so long???

And what about Noel??? Will they remain best friends or that fact will tear their friendship apart????

"Do you want me or not?”
“You know I want you. That’s the problem. I want you but I can’t have you.”
“Well, you already have had me... The question is...are you going to keep me?”

I loved this story so much!!! I think that it was the most sweet, lovely, tender and intense book of the "Forbidden men" series...
It was so sentimental and i think that i felt every god damn feeling!!!!

I laughed very much with both Ten and Caroline...
Yep, Ten was always making me laugh, but i didn't know that Caroline was so fiesty and funny too!!! They were so similar and right for each other!!!

I also cried very much in this book.
The obstacles were big and i liked they way that they were overcoming them, but still until the salvation the road was long and painfull.

Especially, near to the end, i couldn't handle it!!!

I got angry very much and the source of my aggression was clearly Noel.

He was acting like a total prick and i think that he kind of disappointed me in this book!!!
I loved him so much in his book, but he was so unfair with Ten and he didn't deserve it!!!
Noel, you forgot your own past and that wasn't right!!!

Except from Noel, i felt disappointment for almost all the rest of the forbidden men because in the beginning they were acting as stupidily as Noel toward Ten.
Give him some credits, for God's sake!!! Have more faith in him!!!

And i felt pure joy as i was learning more about Ten and as he was developing his true colors in front of my eyes... I absolutely loved this new Ten that he was when Caroline got in his life.
From a total ma whore and uncaring bastard, he became the most wonderfull, sweet and loyal person of the world and i think that i will always remember him with a little smile on my face...

As for Caroline??? She was kind, sweet, fiesty, insistent and a very badass girl!!!! She was the one for Oren and i liked that she was pushing him until making him to realize who he was with her...
She had an ugly past too and she deserved happiness.
Who could thought that only Ten could draw her out of her numbness, but yep, he was the one... Her perfect Ten!!!

“How can I help you through this? What can I do to ease your pain, because I swear to God, I’ll do anything.”
“Just love me,” she whispered.
“I do,” I promised. "

And now, after this story, everything seems pale, but i can't wait to read the next stories of the series.
Every book is a new surprise and a hell of a ride!!!

Thank you, Linda Kage for those wonderfull stories of yours!!!
Profile Image for Beverly.
1,005 reviews801 followers
May 23, 2015

If you have read my reviews you know I love brother’s best friend books, they are my absolute favorite. I have read so many of them and they never get old. Naturally some are better than others, and people this one was definitely one of the best! I am huge fan of The Forbidden Men series. I have been anxiously awaiting Ten’s book, but had no idea how much I would love it.

“No,” I muttered, growing more irritated than ever. “I’m Ten.”

We all know Ten as the fun loving, outspoken, sort of obnoxious guy. We have grown accustomed to his crude comments and funny jokes. Now that we have his POV we can see how he has been struggling with his feelings for Caroline.

When we first met Caroline she was beaten down, hurt and discouraged. We have seen her be the best friend to Zoey and reliable sister to the Gamble boys, but seeing her as a love interest for Ten has been my favorite.

Caroline has never kept her desire for Ten a secret, but Ten has been fighting off her advancements for months. Caroline has taken these actions as rejection, while Ten just wanted to respect Noel’s wishes. Enter my favorite type of love story: forbidden love. In these types of stories there has to be a turning point and I loved the way Linda created the change between these two. It was fun, sexy and lighthearted.

I love fun and sexy, but as the story progressed I really loved the depth of the story. Ten has always been fun, no drama or anything deep, but as he begins to open up to Caroline my love for him grew even more. I loved that Ten had someone to rely on and trust with his feelings. Caroline was the perfect heroine. She was understanding, accepting and didn’t jump to conclusions.

This story put a huge smile on my face. I enjoyed the dual POV and seeing Ten struggle with his feelings, while Caroline schemed to seduce him. A Perfect Ten was absolute perfection. If you are looking for a story with lots of heart, sexiness and forbidden love this story is for you!

The Forbidden Men series has a special place in my heart, I love these guys, but Ten and Caroline is my favorite story so far. I highly recommend if you are a fan of the series or if you love a brother’s best friend story.

‘Lick you later, baby.’

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

Profile Image for Rachel Reads Ravenously.
1,789 reviews2,134 followers
August 2, 2016
3.75 stars!

“I was supposed to go with you, wherever you went. We’re a team. You told me once that I had to have a place. Well, I finally figured out where it is. It’s with you.”

A Perfect Ten is the fifth book in the Forbidden Men series. Oren "Ten" Tenning is the college manwhore that no one takes seriously. Caroline is the little sister of Ten's best friend Noel (the hero of book 2 in the series). There's always been an attraction between the two of them, but Ten puts up barriers because he doesn't want to destroy his relationship with his best friend. One day Caroline hatches a totally crazy scheme involving Ten, and he doesn't even know it.

“What the fuck have you done to me Caroline? … Why couldn’t I stay away from you? … Why can’t I get enough of you? … What do I want to own every fucking piece of you?”

To be completely honest, this was potentially gonna be another wildcard book for me. I almost didn't finish this book. I know I know, I hide from the tomatoes being thrown my way, but the first 50% I really wasn't connecting. LUCKILY I pushed and kept reading and ended up thoroughly enjoying by the end. Ten won me over and pushed his way into my heart.

Like I said before this book was really slow at the beginning, like really slow. But once Caroline and Ten stopped messing around and started dealing with the realities of their relationship I really started to enjoy this book. I love angsty stories, be it caused by romance or otherwise and the tension and issues they faced as a couple, I ate it up like the freaky angst whore I am. I'm glad I dipped my feet back into this series because I loved the first two books and cannot wait to continue reading the rest.

Absolutely anything.
She set her hand on her heart and looked up at me, her eyes filled with so much emotion, I swear, some of it overflowed, spilling into me. “Just love me,” she whispered.
“I do,” I promised.”

Profile Image for ~♡AB♡~.
975 reviews664 followers
★★★★★ 4.5 Stars ★★★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon - http://amzn.to/1G1tlks
Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/1CBYB78

Oren Tenning. His name alone turns me on and ever since Pick and Eva's book I have been itching to read all about Ten & Caroline. Going in, I felt like I already knew a lot about Ten, we'd seen his slutty antics, heard his funny quips and discovered how sweet and caring he could be, but this story, holy shit on a stick. We learn so much more!

When he first set eyes on Caroline, his best friend Noel's sister, he knew he was a goner from that very moment, but with his hugely bad reputation of sleeping around, he was never going to get the big brother approval, and Noel was often very vocal about warning him off.

In Zwinn's (Quinn & Zoey) book, With Every Heartbeat, we saw Caroline attempt to make her moves on Ten but he always pushed her away. Ten would never betray his friend, he is an extremely loyal friend and no matter how much he wants Caroline, he just can't be that man.

Caroline however, decides to take matters into her own hands and she is determined to get her man, she doesn't care if her brother doesn't approve, she wants Oren and she will do anything in her power to make that happen.

Ten struggles with the guilt but at the end of the day, Caroline is his kryptonite.

"Your brother is going to kill us both for this, so you better make it worth our while. You better sit up there and fuck me like you meant to the first night you came into this room, wearing no panties."

_ _ _ _

There was so much to this story, and by the end of it I felt like I had gone on a massive journey with them it was just so fabulous. I love my strong female characters and Caroline was no exception, she was as funny and as dirty mouthed as Ten was, and they were so perfect for each other it was unreal. There was plenty of sexy times too, and they couldn't keep their hands off each other, nor could they be serious for more than 5 seconds!

"Don't move?
Are you insane?
You can't let a guy into pussy heaven and then tell him not to move."...

This book touched my heart, I cried, laughed and swooned, and for me that means it's a winner. I LOVED IT! This whole series is full of such well thought out characters, I am so pleased that there are another few books lined up.

This is told in dual POV and is part of a series, not recommended to be read as a standalone.

ARC gratefully received from the author in exchange for an honest review

Profile Image for Dilek VT.
1,530 reviews1,349 followers
December 2, 2018
This is the 5th book in the Forbidden Men series and Book 1 was my favorite so far but now I have another favorite in the series: Book 5... I loved this one really very much. Or fell in love with it as I did in the first book.

description

Oren TENning (aka TEN) and Caroline are the best couple, best hero/heroine that I have met for a long while... They are perfect in their own way. Their love was perfect. Everything about the book was perfect... Am I clear on how much I loved this book ? :)))

Ok, so there is this group of friends we have already met in the previous books and Ten is Noel’s (hero of Book 2) best friend. Caroline is Noel’s little sister. And because Noel knows what kind of a man-slut Ten is, he always warns him to stay away from his sister. Although there is a strong attraction between Caroline and Ten from day 1, and although Caroline makes it clear that she is interested in a relationship with him, Oren Tenning stays away from her because of his respect for his friend.

But that doesn’t mean that he doesn’t suffer. He suffers a lot. He tries to resist Caroline hard. He pushes her away by being with many other women and telling her things that would make her hate him but as soon as he does that, he feels so afraid to lose her totally that he goes and does something wonderful. And she forgives him :)

But how do they begin? Well, this was very good, though a bit unbelievable, it was very good. Let me keep it as a surprise to you :)))

description

If you follow my reviews, you know that I rarely like a heroine because I always want them to act in the way I would and they usually don’t so I get frustrated. But Caroline...wow, in every crisis, she acted much much better than I would and I fell in love with her strong character and pure heart.

TEN was something else when he was with Caroline... He was at his best then... And, in this book we learn what "Ten at his best is like"... He is just “perfect”...

Every time something happens and when we fear that either Ten or Caroline will make a mistake and act in the wrong way, they amaze you with how they act.
Fabulous... amazing... best couple ever...

description

I loved Noel in Book 2, which was very good but here in this book I wanted to hit his head with my Kindle because of his stubbornness and blindness.

The drama towards the end made me upset but most of the time, I had great fun reading this book. It is sweet, tender, hilarious, emotional and hot, very hot!

description

If you want to read a perfect love story about a perfect couple who act perfectly towards each other all the time, “A PERFECT TEN” is your book :)

P.S. The books in this series are recommended to be read in order.

Now, let me leave you with some nice quotes from this book...

TEN:
"So, this is my Pathetic Loser’s confession: I am Oren Tenning, and I have fallen. Hard. Damn, I can’t believe I just admitted that about a girl I’ve never even kissed, much less fucked."

CAROLINE:
"Gorgeous, considerate, sweet, faithful, Quinn Hamilton was exactly the kind of guy I should crave. But no…oh no. The idiot I coveted was a loud-mouthed, politically incorrect jerk who shoved his penis into any willing woman who batted her eyelashes at him. Except me. Me, he had turned down flat. Twice. Yeah, I said twice...because I was idiot enough not to get the hint the first time around."

***

I opened my mouth to argue, but he held up a finger. “Let me get this straight. You argued with some girl and pulled her hair during sex? Wow. What are you? Five?”
“No,” I muttered, growing more irritated than ever. I didn’t like him bashing what might’ve possibly been the best sex of my life. “I’m Ten. And she liked it. A lot. Like, four times within twenty minutes a lot.”

***

I’d just opened the driver’s side door when my phone buzzed. My dick jerked in response, knowing my correspondence directly involved him.

***

Oh my God. Why did I keep typing this shit to him? Probably because I just couldn’t help myself. My fingers suddenly had word vomit.

***

“Fucking goddamn shit motherfucker. It really is you.”

***

I loved the way he claimed ownership of me, but more than that, I loved the way he gave ownership right back to me.

***

I’m not scared of those things. I’m scared of wanting them and then not getting them, so I don’t even allow myself to think about them.”
She stepped closer, her blue eyes suddenly full of sympathy. “Why do you think I’m going to leave you?”
I threw my hands in the air. “Probably because I’m me , the asshole. Why else? Do I need another reason?”
“Oh, Oren. You stupid, stupid man. Don’t you realize how addicted I am to you?”
I shook my head and laughed nervously. “People break free of nasty addictions every day.”
She stepped in closer to me, the look in her eyes telling me how much she wanted my mouth on hers. “Well, I’m not going to. This is one addiction I like.”
God damn, I loved her addiction. And I loved being addicted to her right back.
Profile Image for Wendys Wycked Words.
1,549 reviews3,802 followers
November 26, 2018

I have loved every single book I've read in this series...but this one is definitely my favorite of all. I didn't think anyone would ever be able to top "Pick" for me, let alone a foul-mouthed reformed manwhore https://www.google.com/search?q=emoticons ..but he did. Oren Tenning won me over and he really deserves his nr 1. spot !!!

If you have read any of the books in this series, then you know perfectly well who Ten is...I mean he can't be missed !! He is Noel Gamble's best friend and everyone in their group knows about his whoring ways...which is why Noel warned him away from his sister Caroline...

Oren has fallen head over heels the moment he first laid eyes on Caroline. He is pretty sure that she is "the one". Too bad he can't have her though...because he would never risk his friendship with Noel... Thankfully Caroline isn't one to give up on what she wants I got

She finds a way for them to be together without him actually betraying his best friend...

Caroline was awesome... I loved how strong and bold she was. She was perfect for Ten...same potty mouth and everything !!!

This book was very high on the steam and the fun times...the banter was out of this world and I loved that it also had some vulnerability. All in all "a perfect ten" for me which is why this book is my absolute favorite of the series !!

My reviews are posted on
blank

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1517  https://www.google.com/search?q=twitter logo
Profile Image for Dali.
1,748 reviews433 followers
November 19, 2016
The title could only have been more apt if it was named A Perfect Five for the rating I’m giving it. Linda Kage provides a naughtily sassy and sweet story, filled with heartfelt moments, laugh out loud dialogue and inner monologues from both points of view laced with a beautiful swoony romance.

Oren Tenning restarted his life when he went to college. He left behind his hometown and with it his heartbreaking past, hiding it behind a revolving door of casual flings. Through the years he’s only allowed himself to care for a select few guy friends.
“Women gutted you. They either said shit that tore out your self-confidence, or they got hurt when you should’ve been able to protect them, which left you so broken you wished you were dead. I tried to stay away from all of that “feelings” shit when it came to women.”

When he meets his best friend’s younger sister and is completely entranced by her, he immediately distances himself from her any way he can think of. Not only to protect his heart but also to safeguard his relationship with Noel Gamble, the friend he considers a brother.
“…nothing about Caroline has ever been easy. That’s the curious thing about temptation. It festers and grows. You feed that bitch enough and she morphs into craving, and then craving turns into obsession. Pretty soon, nothing in your life is as important as that one thing you want but can’t have…

Caroline is a very strong and determined young woman who goes after what she wants. And she wants Ten. No matter that he's turned her down... twice. No matter how much she can get from him. So when opportunity presents itself, she’s not one to let it slip, especially if no one except her will be the wiser. Not. Even. Ten! Sound interesting in its improbability?
Full review now posted

“The sweetest part of the whole idea was that I could have exactly what I wanted, and the immature chauvinist pig who pissed me off as much as he turned me on would go away absolutely clueless.” ~ Caroline

But by doing so, she sets a chain of sexy, fun, twisty events in motion that will eventually bring light to their mutual attraction and connection and force them to examine how they truly feel about each other. Leading to a beautiful secret love affair which everyone but her brother knows about.

Oren Tenning is a manwhore in love and I don’t think I’ve ever cheered more for a guy to find his happy zip code in Loveville. He’s hilariously crass and completely unrepentant about it. His potty mouth never stopped his heart from being the strong possessive, protective and tender man Casey needed and Linda Kage does a wonderful job of revealing his transformation.

I fell hard for this smart, unfiltered, incorrigible man with an incredibly big, caring heart that made my insides melt. His unrestrained and lighthearted honesty was so relatable. Is it also because the harder they are to get, the harder and truer they fall? I don’t know if it’s a general rule, but it’s certainly true for Ten.
“I’m not going anywhere without you... My heart wouldn’t be in it if you weren’t there.” I clutched her face and looked deep into her eyes. “You jump, I jump. Right, Rose?”

Caroline was Ten’s perfect match. Even though young and a bit reckless, she’s strong, mature and with a “dirty-minded heart” just perfect for this hilariously charming man slut.
“She was hands down the most entertaining, dynamic, devious, beautiful, amazing woman I’d ever met. If I wasn’t already crazy in love with her, I would’ve fallen in that very moment.

She knew how to draw him out with wit as sharp as his. Giving us great verbal sparring that was like foreplay that fed their attraction, which blossomed into a beautiful relationship.
“What’re you saying? That I deserve this because you want me as much as I want you? Impossible. No one could want someone else this much. No one could fucking crave another this much.” ~ Ten

Re-reading my notes and highlights just makes me want to re-read this story repeatedly. I’m finding it hard to decide which is the most swoony line in the book, the most sweet affectionate one, the one that made my tablet protector go up in smoke or the one that almost caused me to spill my coffee all over from laughing. So as you can tell the review turned out a bit longish and I didn't even mention "Zoey and Quinn—or Zwinn" or Caroline's little brothers!

The story has a great pace and a smooth flowing plot that had me completely engaged. I did not want to put it down or have it end. The book made me smile continuously, swoon, fan myself and cry. It’s sweet and sexy and now I feel I missed out by not reading about the wonderful characters between book one and this one. I can’t wait for Linda’s next books in this forbidden men series.

Amazon US -> http://amzn.to/1Bf2cCS

* I was given an ARC of this book courtesy of the author. The excerpts are from that copy. *

More reviews * Stalk us on FaceBook * As well as Twitter
November 30, 2015

That’s the curious thing about temptation. It festers and grows. You feed that bitch soon enough and she morphs into craving, and then craving turns into obsession. Pretty soon, nothing in your life is as important as that one thing you want but can’t have.

Well, it’s becoming increasingly clear that I am addicted to these boys in this wonderfully ‘forbidden' series. Linda Kage may have never been on my radar before, but it is clear that she is now. Despite the cheesy dialogue (though, I’ll admit I’m seeing it less and less the farther into the series I go), the somewhat unrealistic situations, the certainty that everything is always going to blow up in everyone’s faces in the end….Linda Kage’s men make me do this:

photo tumblr_mjrr197pSh1s8bzqto1_500_zpszqhyzcqi.gif

Every. Single. Time.

It’s my own damn fault, really. I could’ve and should’ve turned her off of me for good by now. It’s just that every time I think I’ve finally done something that will make her hate me forever-something she’ll never forgive me for-the panic sets in. I can’t bear the thought of her hating me and never forgiving me. So then I have to go and do something to ensure her forgiveness.

It’s true that I wouldn’t normally touch these books with a ten-foot pole. But it’s clear that they are what I crave and what I am enjoying right now. And if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. So, here I am reading book 5 without a single guilty bone in my body-even if this is my ultimate guilty pleasure, it seems.

I know what you’re thinking. Why didn’t I just cut ties with her then if I was so worried about Gamble? Well, why don’t you ask a smoker why they don’t just stop smoking, an alcoholic why they don’t just stop drinking, a book lover why they don’t just stop reading? And fuck you for thinking an addiction was even remotely easy to quit. I was addicted to this girl. I wasn’t anywhere near ready to give her up.
And thus started the true turmoil.

As it turns out, this was yet another favorite in the series, right up there along with Mason and Noel’s stories. But, unlike with those stories, it’s not a matter of lack of time to write a review so much as I’m too tired to write a decent one. And it’s not fair. Ten’s story was out of this world amazing. It can even be said it might be the best story of this series to date-it had tons of movie quotes and references (a fact I could not ignore, seeing as I adore movies almost as much as books) because Caroline is a film major, and Ten has been progressively maturing and showing how utterly loyal and charming he can be with each new book, especially his own. So yeah, this story was absolutely fantastic-I just am so tired and can’t see myself writing too much more….and that makes me sad.

As soon as she passed, I shifted out my arm that had been hanging down at my side and flexed the backs of my fingers so that they brushed across hers. I kept my attention on Gamble, making sure he saw none of this. Caroline responded by weaving her fingers through mine so they interlaced for the fraction of a moment before she pulled them away and was gone.
I stared after her, pulverized. She’d been right fucking there, and the only thing I’d gotten to do was barely brush my hand against hers?

photo 8d989e6a65e3323bb4f3451470ae097c_zpsfcgnpbjy.gif

One of the biggest appeals of this one was the couple in the spotlight: We’ve been watching Oren and Caroline flirt for a couple books now, so the build-up was one that didn’t let us down. And, even more than that, we have known all of these characters since book one and two-it’s to the point where every time a character from a past book jumps in, I squeal and squirm around in my seat in delight, welcoming the familiar banter and unavoidable butterflies that erupt once Noel or Mason enter the scene-

She looked up at Lowe as if she might start crying, or commit murder. I wasn’t sure which. “Sometimes he just…irritates the hell out of me.”
“I know, baby. I know.” Lowe [Mason] fed her another piece of chocolate and kissed her cheek. “He irritates the hell out of me, too.”

Yeah, I never said I wasn’t hopeless.

photo tumblr_mg6vwh75TZ1rge612o1_r1_500_zpssvq5k2xs.gif

Oh, and did I mention the main love interests were very close to Noel? As in, Ten is Noel’s BEST friend….and Caroline is Noel’s SISTER? Yeah…

photo tumblr_morpttt2ur1r7ik2zo1_500_zpsrpyqgpjz.gif

Good luck with that, guys, really. If you’ve read the previous books, you know that Noel is a tad…hmmm… protective . And NO ONE will EVER be good enough for his little sister, especially his manwhoring best friend.

Something’s gotta give soon or I’ll explode…most likely inside her.
I just hope it doesn’t end up with me dead at the hands of my best friend.

But what happens when he is the one person that cares most and is best for her? Will Noel ever be able to see past everything Ten has done in the past? And will he realize that Caroline is so far in love with him that it doesn’t even matter?

Oren wouldn’t just out-of-the-blue decide to become monogamous to some stranger in the dark who refused to show him her face or tell him her name.
“I can’t text him, saying, ‘Your dick is now mine. Get it near any other woman, and I’ll physically remove it from you and keep it in a jar by my bedside.’ That would sound a bit creepy.”
“Actually, I was thinking it sounded a lot creepy.”

Caroline and Ten were special to me as a couple. We have had so much time to see them as friends and star-crossed wannabe lovers that now we are already invested in them as a couple-

Watching tears fill Caroline’s eyes right before she rushed from the kitchen and not being able to chase after her had to be one of the hardest things I’d ever fucking done-or not done, in this case. Or maybe restraining myself from knocking Noel’s teeth down his throat was the hardest. I couldn’t quite decide. But I’ll tell you one thing; standing there like a dumbass and doing nothing slaughtered me.

-and as such, we know they are meant to be together despite how hard it will be for them to be together. Ten is a loud-mouthed womanizing manwhore. But he is also the sweetest, most loyal friend ever-and if he could have the girl he wants, he would never look in another woman’s direction. And Caroline is everything Oren could ever want-snarky, conniving, dirty-minded, smart, and a beautiful blonde bombshell.

That still didn’t excuse her in my book. She’d traumatized my Oren. The bitch must die….in my head anyway. I pictured myself pushing her off the side of a bridge and listening to her scream all the way down until…oops, she wasn’t screaming anymore.

She evens out his hard edges and challenges him at every turn. She is the reason they get a chance, sneaking into his room pretending to be someone else. They drive each other crazy-but no two people belong together more than them.

Gamble’s woman opened the door.
“Ten,” she said in surprise. “Uh…Noel’s not here this evening. He’s working-"
“I know.” Rolling my eyes, I muttered, “I’m here for the kid. The littlest one.”
Her eyebrows shot up. “Colton?”
“Yep. That one. He wants to play… " I sighed heavily, “catch.”

So, you know, this one made me extremely happy. All of Kage’s books in this series always have a totally over-the-top climactic ending, but none were quite as amazing and perilous as this one. I will admit it’s wholly unbelievable and the resolution was as easy as they always tend to be…yet, who cares? It was everything I crave on top of a totally fun and sexy story with a man that I couldn’t help to fall for as the main lead, and I got to see a pissy Noel and a vulnerable, but bull-headed, Ten finally square off on one of the most important girls in their lives. I must admit some of my favorite moments involved the strife between a livid and stubborn Noel and a-force-to-be-reckoned-with Ten…

Gamble contorted his face into an expression of supreme confusion. Then he glanced at his wife. “He didn’t hit on you, did he?”
She sighed and rolled her eyes. “Noel. Really?”
“Yeah, Noel,” I echoed. “Really? I was a perfectly respectable gentleman.” Then I winked at Shakespeare [Noel’s wife, Aspen]. “After we put our clothes back on.”
Gam’s face turned dark red. “You motherfucker!”

…but that’s just me. I love my Noel and I was ecstatic he was in this one so much. But, hey, I’ll never get enough of these guys. I just wish I could have Mason and Noel and Oren Tenning all to myself. Sigh. A girl can dream, can’t she?

*Ps, can you tell I totally shoved in every quote I could?? That’s not even all of them. Sigh.

For more of my reviews, please visit:
descriptive text here

Profile Image for Bookadmirer.
365 reviews152 followers
August 25, 2020
The protagonists get together almost 30% in the book. Then what's the point to drag such a long book? It was fun at first but towards the end, it became too ridiculous for me.

It had many unnecessary fillers that could have been avoided. After 70%, it became a total soap opera. Multiple things were going on made it more dramatic which was weird because I didn't expect it to be turned into a soap opera.

Profile Image for mel ☽.
365 reviews6,569 followers
October 8, 2019
Gamble was my best friend. And Caroline was my heart and soul.
But I didn’t see how I could keep them both.

first of all, WHAT A MAJOR IMPROVEMENT FROM THE PREVIOUS BOOK. not exaggerating. like wow, i really felt and believed the H’s love for the h here unlike a certain a hero from another book *cough* Quinn *cough*.

this is by far one of the best brother’s best friend book i’ve read in a looong time.

i love Ten and Caroline. they’re both crazy. they’re perfect for each other.

this is one of those rare books where i find the H’s man ho past so funny. i mean, COME ON. he literally slept with every villainess from the previous books (Marci from Noel’s book, Tristy from Pick’s book, and Cora from Quinn’s book). only Ten would do something like this. i have no idea why i find this so funny but it really is.

don’t worry though, no OW scenes here. unlike in Quinn’s book (yes, i’m still salty about that), the h is truly the only one for H and he fights for her and even sacrifices his friendship with Noel just to be with Caroline.

so yeah, this is definitely my favorite in the series right now and Ten is my #1 fave H so far.
Profile Image for Polly.
675 reviews252 followers
March 5, 2015
*ARC PROVIDED BY AUTHOR FOR HONEST REVIEW*

4.5 stars!!

Did I love it??

Few little things bothered me because I'm a picky bitch but over all a great read.

Review closer to release date.
Profile Image for Rheeza.
382 reviews219 followers
December 30, 2015
Review:

**5 "Lick you later, baby!" STARS**

First off, I want to say that…. I FUCKING LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH!

And Ten. OMG, Ten, how I love you! Caroline is such an endearing heroine too! I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THEM!

Whew ok, now that’s out of my system– I can continue on with my review… what a fucking fantastic book! We had EVERYTHING all wrapped up in a beautiful story. There’s an abundance of humor, a strong heroine and hero, a forbidden love, a friendship tested, a life changing incident and a heartbreaking twist! All of these pulled at every emotion in me!! But the greatest thing is that I never felt frustrated or annoyed when I was reading it. There was no drama caused by stupid behaviors between the H/H. It was great!

I didn’t think it was possible for Linda Kage to at least match the awesomeness of Be My Hero . But I was strongly mistaken. Not only did I found Perfect Ten just as awesome as Be My Hero , I think Ten and Caroline made Pick and Eva a run for their money. I wouldn’t be surprised anymore if the next one will surpass this (even though it seems impossible), because Linda Kage has proven that this series just gets better book after book. There's something about this author's writing that has the ability to immerse the reader in her story and that you’ll end up devouring her books and loving it.

What I’m most excited about Perfect Ten however, was finally seeing more of Ten. When he appeared in To Professor, with Love, I just saw him as this typical big mouthed manwhore. But as the series progress, especially in With Every Heartbeat , we truly get to see the heart beneath this persona. The way Linda Kage built him up was amazing.
"So, this is my Pathetic Loser’s confession: I am Oren Tenning, and I have fallen. Hard."

Oren "Ten" Tenning is this crass, fun loving, incorrigible man and a very loyal friend. So when Noel, his best friend, warned him that his sister is off-limits he tried his best to respect that even though he wants her. Caroline on the other hand, has never kept her desire for Ten a secret. She is a tough girl and she is determined to have him. What follows was a sensational romance. I’m not going to tell more about the plot because it’s better if you read it without knowing because the way it unfolds was entertaining as hell!
"Do you want me or not?”
“You know I want you. That’s the problem. I want you but I can’t have you.”
“Well, you already have had me... The question is...are you going to keep me?”

The dynamic between Ten and Caroline is everything. They’re perfect for each other. They are playful, hot together but at the same they share deep stuff that happened in their lives with each other. The development of their relationship was done so naturally. I fell in love with their love. I believe in them. I feel for them. I was absolutely invested in their story.
Absolutely anything.
“Just love me,” she whispered. “I do,” I promised.

I was LAUGHING SO HARD because they’re hilarious. I was GRINNING SO MUCH MY FACE HURTS because of those tender and sweet moments. An example is when they do a movie reference. It was their thing and it’s the cutest thing ever!
“You jump, I jump. Right, Rose?”
She really started sobbing then.
“Oh my God. We’re about to be sent to airplane jail and you’re quoting Titanic?”

I was SWOONING because HOLY COW those dirty talks and sexy scenes were SCORCHING HOT. I was BAWLING MY EYES OUT when I reached the 70% of this book and the tears continued to flow till I get to the epilogue. I’m not kidding. I didn’t expect this to be so damn PAINFUL! It’s ironic that Ten, the comic relief in the series, has the most emotional twist in his story. I was literally sobbing. I’m not gonna spoil what prompted the tears because it was a major incident. But oh boy was it heartbreaking.

“I love you, Oren. I just...I want you back.”

Thankfully, they still got their happily ever after. In fact, I think the epilogue was just PERFECT! It was based years in the future, and it gave us a glimpse to the whole gang together! I love all of these characters! I love their friendship! I love this series! And I can’t wait to read more of the Forbidden Men!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more reviews, book news and updates:
✦ Main blog: callowaybooks
Twitter
Profile Image for Talia (Red Hot Ink).
514 reviews125 followers
February 10, 2017
Dear Oren Tenning,
be glad to whatever God you believe in that you're not real. Otherwise you'd be undoubtedly tied up in my basement for my enjoyment only.

So guys, I'm usually not a stalker, but gee! That man brought it out of me. Along with so many feelings I'm positive I'll be drowning in them if I don't get another fix soon enough.

Ten, or Oren, totally did it for me. He's earned a golden ticket for my Book Boyfriend's top-ten of all the time. Mainly because he's not just sweet, or just witty, or just amazingly hot. He's all those things and more. I especially adored the way he was with Caroline. The great quality of their relationship and also the intimacy.

And then, let's face it, he's Oren Tenning. He's one smart-ass with a big mouth that can be an asshole if crossed. But with Caroline he's the frigging knight in rusty armour. Loved every single line of his.

What to say about the book? It was absolute perfection. As always, Kage adds that twist, that lil sumthing more that has you completely hooked.

Oren and Caroline are so far my favorite couple. Their love story was so original and different from any other I've ever read. Not to talk about all the side characters and the amazing world Kage has created with this series.

Each books has many themes and messages and situations in it. It's like a jewel full of facets and hues. Breathtaking and a little exhausting of a journey. But those are the best journeys, the ones that leave you panting from exhaustion and euphoria.

Every time I read a book of hers, I have issues readjusting to normal life. And that, folks, is what makes you understand when you've come across a great novel. And an epic love story.

I'm already planning a re-read. And another one after that. And another one. and another...

To conclude, I'll post a little quote from Caroline's mind. Because even her character is just that good.
That still didn’t excuse her in my book. She’d traumatized my Oren. The bitch must die...in my head anyway. I pictured myself pushing her off the side of a bridge and listening to her scream all the way down until...oops, she wasn’t screaming anymore.
Profile Image for Andrea.
211 reviews45 followers
April 2, 2015
5 "Lick you later, baby." Stars

I’m so mad right now because I don’t have time to write a proper review…this book definitely deserves one.
Ten and Caroline were so awesome together.
I loved everything about this book.
The end

Profile Image for Mertxe.
214 reviews2 followers
April 4, 2015
And the 5 stars goes to:
The best couple.
The best romance.
The best friend.
The best brother.
I promise this book is awesome!! One of my fav this year. Thanks Linda Kage!!
Profile Image for Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books.
433 reviews7 followers
February 2, 2016
The desperation of this girl killed the book for me and I was really looking forward to it. The slut shaming other females for doing the same thing she was....not cool. DNF.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 1,084 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.