Start by marking “Cursed to Kill (Inherited Damnation, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cursed to Kill (Inherited Damnation, #1)

Cursed to Kill

(Inherited Damnation #1)

One of eight children born to an ancient Celtic priestess and sired by a demonic incubus, Cian McLaine suffers from a centuries-old curse. Though his immortality allows him to enjoy the pleasures of mortal life, he is plagued by the desire to kill. As long as he doesn't fall in love he can keep the compulsion at bay.

When Cian walked into her rare bookstore months ago, Mira
ebook
Published January 2015 by Untamed Spirit (first published October 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cursed to Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cursed to Kill

Sophia
Nov 26, 2014 rated it liked it
I am always up for trying a new paranormal romance series that includes a fascinating mythological background to the story. An ancient demonic curse, Celtic fey magic, doomed love and eight cursed siblings made me really eager to pick this one up. This first of eight stories tackling the first of the eight siblings jumped right in and just clipped along. It wasn't as developed as I would like particularly with the romance and I felt it was rushed along in its pace, but my enjoyment of the confli ...more
Melanie
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, ry-2015, read-in-2015
4*s
Review posted here...

Cursed to Kill is the first book in the Inherited Damnation series which tells the story of eight siblings born to a Celtic Priestess and a very powerful Incubus. Through the book you will find out more of the circumstances surrounding the union of their parents and what that means for all eight siblings lives, for their Father cursed and damned them but their Mother gives them all a chance at redemption.
In this we have the eldest C
Angela
Feb 27, 2015 marked it as tbr-lost-interest  ·  review of another edition
27 February 2015: $0.00 FREE on Kindle
Monique
Jun 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm bouncing between three and a half and four stars. I enjoyed the story, especially with it's growing menace. I liked that it didn't have an info dump, as it made the reader actually pay attention and think as the story progressed. With that said, it would've been nice to know why Cian and his siblings had that urge to kill, as not all demons have such an urge. (An assumption, on my part). Does the taking of life give them power...or do they just enjoy killing? What makes them tick?
Anyway...I
Jasmyn
I loved the premise behind this series. This history of Cian (which is a really cool name) and his sibling was interesting and I loved learning more about all of them. Cian would do anything to protect the woman he loves from himself. The evil side of his nature constantly battling with the good - with Miranda's life on the line.

When an ancient spell is uncovered that could potentially release him from this curse, he finds himself at odds with his demon father and even a few of his brothers and
Leah
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
July, Maine

Cian McLaine, along with his surviving seven siblings, have been cursed from birth by their demon father to live a life of immortality killing those they come to love. Their mother, a Priestess of the Celtic Selgovae tribe, has left cryptic messages guiding her children to their salvation.... if they so choose. Along comes Miranda Phillips, a bookstore owner, who claims Cian's heart and in doing so causes his soul to become so deeply tormented he questions whether the risk to find mor
Kristen
Nov 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. First off, thank you for allowing me to read and review this novel. I absolutely loved it! I'm a sucker for a good Paranormal Romance, and Cursed to Kill delivered exactly what I like in a PNR. A great plot, steamy romance, and troubled characters.

Cian and his siblings are cursed by their father to murder anyone they fall in love with. Miranda is an emotional wreck when the man she loves keeps leaving her without giving her a clue as to wha
Eva Millien
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cian McLaine suffers from a centuries old curse to kill and his love for Miranda Phillips has stirred the compulsion within in this fascinating paranormal romance. I was completely caught up in this story and the intriguing characters occupying a very fascinating world with interesting elements and I am cant’ wait to read the next one and see what happens to the next McLaine sibling.

See my full review at:

Linda Gallagher
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Copy gifted in exchange for an honest review
First of all let me say Thank you for giving me the opportunity to review this wonderful book
An easy read with enough character building and descriptive imagery to get my teeth into.
Conflicting romance with a touch of erotica always makes for a good read and this one ticks
all the right boxes.
At certain points I wanted to grab the two main characters, Cian and Miranda,and bang their heads together.
Looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Delicia Wallnöfer
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Claire Ashgrove has another wonderful series with the "Inherited Damnation" Series. If you like her Immortal Templar series, you will enjoy Cian and his siblings just as much as the Knights Templar! The best part of the story for me, was watching Cian struggle, not just with his urges, but with his relationships with his family, and with Miranda. You can see how he grows throughout the story! I highly recommend this set to anyone who is looking for a good story!

* I was given an ARC of this novel
Heather
Mar 28, 2015 rated it liked it
I like books where the couple just meets. This couple had already met and had broken apart so I just wasn't into it. With that said I will give book 2 a try. The writing is good but I am just set in my ways lol.
Jessica Woods
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a good book, it starts in the middle of Cian's story but quickly catches you up. Hooked me quickly can't wait to read the other siblings' stories.
Isolde
Dell
Jun 24, 2017
Amber
Apr 20, 2013
Claire Ashgrove has been writing since her early teens and maintained the hobby for twenty years before deciding to leap into the professional world. Her first contemporary novel, Seduction's Stakes, sold to The Wild Rose Press in 2008, where she continues to write steamy, sexy stories for the Champagne and Black Rose lines. Adding to these critically acclaimed contemporaries, Claire’s paranormal ...more

Inherited Damnation (8 books)
  • Tormented by Darkness (Inherited Damnation, #2)
  • Destined to Die (Inherited Damnation, #3)
  • Bound by Blood (Inherited Damnation, #4)
  • Fated for Sacrifice (Inherited Damnation, #5)
  • Doomed to Torment (Inherited Damnation, #6)
  • Enslaved by Fear (Inherited Damnation, #7)
  • Marked for Death (Inherited Damnation, #8)