Start by marking “Maid-sama! (2-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes Volumes 1 2” as Want to Read:
Maid-sama! (2-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes Volumes 1  2

Maid-sama! (2-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes Volumes 1 2

(Maid Sama! #1 & 2)

As if being class president of a predominantly male high school wasn't hard enough, Misaki Ayuzawa has a major secret—she works at a maid café after school! How is she supposed to keep her image of being ultra smart, strong and overachieving intact once school heartthrob Takumi Usui discovers her double life?!

Can Misaki trust Usui to keep her secret from the rest of the k
Published August 4th 2015 by VIZ Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about Maid-sama! (2-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maid-sama! (2-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1

Mary
"Well, you'll never disappoint me. No matter what.

Misaki Ayuzawa has led a bad life. Her dad was an asshole who walked out on her family and Misaki now has an aversion to men. To lower the cost of tuition, she attends Seika high...where 80% of the student population is male.

Her determination to succeed and prove the strength of women pushes her to the position of Class President. And she takes her job seriously.

When heartthrob Takami Usui discovers the ferocious Misaki is working at a Maid Cafe,
Jessica
suprisedme

I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imagine my surprise when I felt just like the guy above. I went in with the expectation of "ahhh whatevs" AND ENDED UP LOVING IT.... Misaki's personality just captures your attention throughout it all. She just commands the page and it's so awesome to see her romantic lead has just as much mystery and personality to make them a great duo. The side characters just help flesh out the main characters through all their crazy antics---and the fact that
Jane
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Some interesting aspects of this story but I ultimately can't get behind it. It reminded me of Ouran High School Host Club but nowhere near as amazing or revolutionary in terms of looking at gender. Reading this reminded me of why I stopped reading a lot of the newer manga series. Oh well \_(ツ)_/ ...more
Hisgirl85
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 fun girl-power stars.
Online Eccentric Librarian
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, arc, manga

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

Maid-Sama! 2-in-1 Edition collects the first 9 chapters or so (first two volumes) of this very popular series from 2006. Included are the side panels and author's chatter. The manga had a very popular run at 18 volumes and also was made into a 26 episode anime in 2010.

Story: High school student Misaki's family situation is poor and she has had to make up for the lack by working extra hard at everything. Now, as the firs
Megan Krogh
WHAT WAS WITH THAT SHORT STORY?!?!?!? 'THE TRANSPARENT WORLD' WAS SO FREAKING SAD!!!!!! I FREAKING BALLED MY EYES OUT!!!!!!! (no, seriously, I did) But besides that, Maid Sama was a fun little read. Although, Usui looks different in the show, he's still pretty damn hot, amiright?
Mallory (toweroftomes)
I like the anime more, but the book is very funny and entertaining. :D
Ashley
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a cute manga!

I love Misaki and Usui and the rest of the characters. The art is amazing and the story just makes me laugh so much.

Definitely one of my favourites.
Debby
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-read, manga
Series Review: 4.5 stars

I don't even really know where to begin with this. Honestly. I've been pretty much staring at a blinking cursor for 45 minutes. This is my favorite shoujo manga and it gives me all the feels in the world ever ever everrrr and how do you convey that well to other people?? Agh. Reviewing is hard. *pouts*

Maid Sama! is the story of Misaki, a hardworking, over-achieving student. She serves as the student council president, where she tries to help transform her high school, whi
Laura Martinelli
Oct 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, manga
While I didn’t initially pick up Maid-sama! during its initial English translation with the long-departed Tokyopop, I had read a short excerpt of it in one of the sampler booklets that I got with the last third of the Fruits Basket releases. (It should be telling that Tokyopop was already on the downward spiral towards the end of that series, and that after Fruits Basket ended, basically everyone there had jumped ship on both sides of the manga shores. The downfall of Tokyopop is just an astound ...more
Kaley
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
!st Volume rating: 4/5
2nd Volume rating: 3.5/5

This story was one of my first ventures into 'hate to love' romance. Now as someone who has read more books with this particular trope, I will still stand that this manga has one of the best ones. I always enjoy Misaki and Usui's back and forth teasing, and while it is mainly one sided for this omnibus they both care about each other their own way (despite Misaki very much being in denial of it all).
My main complaint is that their are one moment that
Monique
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Maid-Sama is a fun and easy little read about a young girl's determination to succeed in school as well as working hard provide for her family. The storyline and characters are easy to follow and remember. The characters are funny and charming and the character development of the protagonist is very interesting and little dark if you ask me but it is the premise of the entire Manga.
As fun and adorable as this manga is it does have some undertones of abandonment, resentment and consent.
For some s
Vivian Lu
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~3.5/5

I read this online ages ago, and now I am on a slow movement to reread some old manga series, mostly the ones I've dropped if they're available on my library app. This series has aged quite well honestly. I still love a tsundere female protagonist. I think that they're the most fun. Additionally, I think it's quite forward and feminist of her to be so headstrong and the protector of the girls at her school. All the while, she's learning and growing and becoming a better person. I'm enjoyin
Thatmostpeculiarmademoiselle
I am currently in the middle of a manga-frenzy and decided to finally start this series. I heard about it a lot when I was younger, but I never got round to reading it.

I feel like the story had some strong aspects, namely the double life led by the main character and the chemistry between the main protagonists. I also liked the humour and adventures.

I wish that it took a bit longer to install the story, because I feel like we barely had time to know who was who before we jumped directly into the
Chelsea Butcher
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I saw the anime sometime back, and thought it was absolutely wonderful. It was one of the funniest animes I've ever seen. So, when I finished, I could tell that there was more than likely much more to the story to tell than what the anime gave us. So, I purchased a copy of the manga. I really enjoyed reading these first two volumes, and cannot wait to continue. It is just as funny and charming as the anime. :)
Linda Magerøy
May 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was my first manga ever, and I mainly read it because I was curious about the maid café-culture after a trip to Tokyo. I surely DID get some of my questions answered,it had some entertaining meta-aspects, and some of the pictures were pretty, but other than that the story and characters were really really shallow and thin. Anyway, I guess manga has more to it, so I am planning to explore more of the genre.
Erica
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Technically a re-read for me (having read it scanned years ago)- I'm pleasantly surprised at how it's held up. Despite having what may be the most well-beaten trope in existence as the premise; the aggressiveness of the leads is what kicks this into worthwhile territory. Delivers some great laughs as well.
Galion Public Library Teens
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Review by K.M.: "I really like this manga. It is another of my favorites. It is a cute romantic comedy and the characters are lovable and the problems the characters face are very good and work well for the story. Is okay for teens 14 and up."
Natalia
Even though I had already watched(and rewatched) the anime, this was still a great read! Definitely worth it, especially since I know that the manga goes way further than the anime does. I am ready to dive into this.
Catherine Johns
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and lovable

This is easily one of the funniest and most lovable shoujo mangas out there. It also has some wonderful artwork and great theme of feminist feminism. One of the most egalitarian shoujos mangas.
Similar to Special A, Lovely Complex, Kare Kano and My Little Monster
Susan Bell
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Entertaining, once one gets past the weirdness of the maid cafe culture. I really liked the extra story included - "A Transparent World."
Dakster
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good start

This is a pretty good start for the series. I’m curious to see how the characters grow in the books that follow.
Latasha (Latashasbookworld)
I enjoyed the humour, like that our protagonist don't take sh*t from anyone, and the angst between the two MCs was awesome. Can't wait to see what unfolds in this series.
Sofia Valente
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my favourite mangas
Laina Quintanilla
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I adored this manga so much and am really looking forward to continuing the series!:)
Violeta
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Really fun and deceptively smart read.
scarlettraces
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really a 3.5, but it was lots of fun.
Joanna Bennett
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
I usually wait to do a review for a manga when I have finished the whole series but I am dying to talk about this one after finishing it! It literally is adorable and I couldn’t help but laugh and be happy with the characters and the plot.

I haven’t read a mang in awhile and I had an itch to find one. Amazon recommended this one to me and so I went onto my library’s online catalong and thankfully they had it! I wasn’t sure what to expect but I definitely loved the cover and I don’t even think I r
Zahira⚡️
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4,5⭐

I loved the anime so I wanted to read the manga too!! I adored it and I’m wondering if I should buy the rest of the series😂😂😂
hessaandbooks
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rereading my favourite manga <3
always and forever a masterpiece

• Millennium Snow, Vol. 4 (Millennium Snow, #4)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 15 (The Wallflower, #15)
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 6
  • 妖狐×僕SS [Inu x Boku Secret Service] 02
  • My Love Story!!, Vol. 3
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 05
  • Dramacon, Vol. 3
  • Megatokyo, Volume 5
Hiro Fujiwara (藤原 ヒロ in Japanese) is a Japanese manga artist.

The manga artist was once active under her previous pen name, Izumi Hiro (和泉 ヒロ) at the end of the 1990's but has abandoned the name after she won the Best Rookie award in the LMS for Kaeri Michi, Yuki no Netsu.

Her first series, which is also her latest ongoing work, Kaichō wa Maid-sama! (会長はメイド様!, translation Maid Sama!) is currently se

Maid Sama! (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 01 (Maid-sama!, #1)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 02 (Maid-sama! #2)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 03 (Maid-sama! #3)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 04 (Maid-sama! #4)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 05 (Maid-sama! #5)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 06 (Maid-sama!, #6)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 07 (Maid Sama! #7)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 08 (Maid Sama! #8)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 09 (Maid Sama!, #9)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 10 (Maid Sama!, #10)