Start by marking “Shattered (Debt Collector #14)” as Want to Read:
Shattered (Debt Collector #14)

Shattered

(Debt Collector #14)

Urban Fantasy with a Cyberpunk Twist
***fifth episode of the second season***
Recommended: start with Season One.

What’s your life worth on the open market?
In this gritty urban fantasy, debt collectors take your life energy and give it to someone more “worthy”… all while paying the price with black marks on their souls.

Returning to LA brings a chance for Wraith to stop Mol
Published November 17th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Shattered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered

Lola
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review

This episode again manages to surprise me. There are some interesting twists and turns and even one development I hoped for, but wasn't sure we would get. It certainly was an interesting episode.

Wraith makes some important choices and decisions in this episode and I can't wait to see how they all turn out in the long run. These choices really show her characters and I really liked seeing her develop and adapt. I really admire her, she's being put
Arlene Adams
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Norm Davis
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Where "Temptation" (Debt Collection 13) failed, Shatter (Debt Collection 14) succeeded. I liked it. 3.2 stars. Not enough to bring it to 4 stars but enough to let you know you will enjoy this episode.

I highly recommend you stop reading this Cliff Notes spoiler edition review if you want to enjoy it yourself.

It opens in Sterling Cybernetics. Alexandra Morgan Sterling is being escorted by Zachariel as Moloch's leash on her. Alexandra has a very brief time to prove herself to Moloch. Her life conti
Laura Greenwood
I received a copy of Shattered, Debt Collector 14, in exchange for my review.

Having set in motion events that could destroy her father's legacy, Alexa is returning to the home of Gehenna, even though she knows that all she'll get is more tests. But when Moloch gives her the one thing she's always wanted; her father's murderer, Alexa has to make a choice between doing the right thing, and getting the revenge she's always wanted. But whatever she chooses, she's in for a surprise...

FINALLY! Zachare
Monica Millard
Have I mentioned that I love Susan Kaye Quinn? I have possibly said she is evil, because she tortures us readers so, but she always rewards us too. In this episode we get a big reward to make up for letting her drag us into the seedy, dark and truly terrible world of Gehenna.

Moloch set another, more awful, soul-sucking test up for Wraith in the last episode, and in this one she has to deliver while also finding a way to put a big enough wrench in the plans Moloch set in motion, thereby stopping
Sandy S
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it

About the book: Release Date November 17, 2014

What's your life worth on the open market?
A debt collector can tell you precisely.

Returning to LA brings a chance for Wraith to stop Moloch... and the test that might finally break her.

Contains mature content and themes.

Shattered is approximately 13,000 words or 52 pages, and is the fourth of nine episodes in the second season of The Debt Collector serial. This dark and gritty future-noir is about a world where your life-worth is tabula
Samantha Sterling
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hold onto your hats folks, this volume has a lot going on. It's been a while since a book has had me going through the spectrum of every emotion that exists but Shattered has done it. Before going further I have to credit Susan's creative mind and imaginative writing for allowing me as the reader to feel fully immersed in this story.
The last volume, Temptation had me somewhat worried about Wraith and if she could truly hold on to her values and continue to fight the fight for her lifelong cause.
Veronica of V's Reads
Killer episode!

Alexa/Wraith has been instructed to have her anti-life energy technology company, Sterling Industries, acquire a small tech company developing battery cells that can be charged with life energy. In essence, this technology would enable debt collectors to store excess life energy, and render themselves virtually immortal by continual harvest from regular humans.

Moloch, leader of Gehenna, is bent on his cadre of collectors ruling the world, essentially, forever. He continues to set
Lisa P
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Before you even start reading, take a good look at this cover. It is outstanding! Now proceed to the story for an intense read. One of the traits that I like most about Wraith is how she never loses hope in this fight against Moloch and his plans for domination. She continues to find ways of redeeming the actions forced upon her by Moloch, even in a life or death situation. Her father's killer is revealed and her reaction to that is surprising.
There are hints of how aspects of her "public life"
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well, once again Quinn has knocked me into another universe.
I absolutely adored this episode. Mostly for reasons I don't want to divulge as not to spoil, but let's just say that it's filled with some interesting action that will leave you breathless.
I thought this season could not outshine my love for Lirium, but it is neck in neck with it. I seriously love Wraith just as much as I love Lirium.
And as usual Quinn's writing is super fantastic. I think what I love most about how she writes is her
Susan (The Book Bag)
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Of all the episodes I have read, I think this one has got to be one of my favorites! And look at that cover - isn't it amazing? All of them are but this one just really gets to me.

Things really start to heat up in this episode and the intensity level is at an all time high. None of the stories take very long to read but I could. not. stop. reading this one and read it in record time. And then when I got to the end, I just wanted to yell 'NOOOOOO'! I didn't want it to end. It was a 'whew' moment,
Jack Willburn
Dec 29, 2014
Guy Dale
Nov 10, 2014
CLICK HERE for a FREE STORY

Susan Kaye Quinn is a rocket scientist turned speculative fiction author who now uses her PhD to invent cool stuff in books. Her works range from young adult science fiction to adult future-noir, with side trips into royal fantasy romance and middle grade. Her bestselling novels and short stories have been optioned for Virtual Reality, translated into German and French,

Debt Collector (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Delirium: Debt Collector Episode One (Debt Collector Episode One)
  • Agony (Debt Collector, #2)
  • Ecstasy (Debt Collector, #3)
  • Broken (Debt Collector, #4)
  • Driven (Debt Collector, #5)
  • Fallen (Debt Collector, #6)
  • Promise (Debt Collector #7)
  • Ruthless (Debt Collector, #8)
  • Passion (Debt Collector, #9)
  • Wraith (Debt Collector #10)