Start by marking “Ache (Punk, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ache (Punk, #1)

Ache

(Punk #1)

His only refuge is his music.

Connor Clay abandoned any hope of escaping his troubled life long ago, and has immersed himself in the hardcore punk scene, living every day as if it were his last. Somewhere between partying, playing shows and looking for trouble, he meets Shauna, an upper middle-class girl who seems to be everything he wants and needs.

But is she destiny, or j
Kindle Edition
Published January 14th 2014 (first published January 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Ache, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ache

Anna
Mar 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love broken bad boys and of course I LOVE this cover model !!!

Reider Robert was a very memorable part of my r&r&r&r getaway ❤
Shane
Ache was undoubtedly an interesting read. The story dealt with topics that are raw, gritty and relatable. But while I did see the potential, enjoyed the 80s time setting and liked the plot somewhat, it just didn't quite give me the fireworks that I was hoping for.

In the opening chapter, Connor comes in contact with this intriguing girl that rattles his demeanor in a way. I was hooked and wanted to see where their relationship would go, if they would have one. Then going into the second chapter,
Bj
Free on Amazon as of 10/17/14!
Lynn
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Early 80's Calling!

I had the best times of my life through the 1980's and this book focused very well on the scene during that era. Though at times it seemed some of Connor's story was disjointed or left out, in the end it came together and made sense. It's a tragically twisted, beautiful love story that I found I couldn't put down!
V.J. Chambers
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult, romance
Ache is an NA romance set in the 1980s that’s all about punk music, and it is awesome.

If I had to complain about anything, it would be two very minor things that aren’t really worth complaining about. One, I wish the book was not double spaced. It means I have to turn the pages on my kindle more often, and that means more movement on my carpal-tunnel-riddled hands, lol. Two, there’s a sort of prologue in the book, but it isn’t really called a prologue, it’s called Chapter One. And there’s notati
Marie Long
Ache (Punk, #1) by P.J. Post

This was an awesome, page-turning, New Adult romance on the darker side. The blurb and cover drew me in, and I was glad that I picked up this book from Amazon. The story, which takes place in the 1980s, follows Connor Clay, an 18 year-old punk rocker with a shattered past. The story is told from his POV as he goes through the trials in his life from past girlfriends, to family issues. The author covers some very deep and controversial subjects from rape, abuse, suicide, drugs, and more. The thi
Atunah
I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I started reading this book. Its set in the early 80's, which is a time I have many memories off. Oh do I ever :)

Right away I was intrigued by Connor the main character who takes us through the book from his POV. There is such a vulnerability there from the onset that I went from wanting to slap him at times and then just give him a hug. I got a sense early on that things have not been easy for him, yet there is a kind of unadulterated joy of life and bein
Carrie Elks
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Set in the punk scene of the early 1980s, this is Connor's story. He's a young drop out, and a lead singer in a punk band, whose life is full of understandable rage. His voice comes across so clearly in the story that I almost feel I know him. I certainly wanted to comfort him when he was at his lowest ebb. I've read a lot of NA stories recently, but this one truly stands out among the rest. It may be the punk setting, which lends the story a truly interesting angle, or it may be the way the aut ...more
Emily Mcnew
I was stuck between 3 and 4 stars for this one. I am not 100% sure how I really feel about this book. It was a touch repetitive, but not bad; however it was so horribly depressing. Books like this just make me sad because every one of the characters have issues and catastrophic pasts. I know horrific things happen to people, but I don't like reading books that keep a dark cloud looming over your head. If I want depressing, I would read the newspaper or watch the news. I want to escape the world' ...more
Angela
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read
<3...Born in the mid 70's didn't allow me to grow up in the era I should have, but I did get to ride the coattails of the PUNK scene and LOVED every minute of it. The shows, emotions and bonds formed are on point in this story. It's more real than almost any story I've read, at least more real to me, and I'm proud of this. I CAN NOT wait for the next book!!!
Liz
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rock, rock-sets
A gritty dark read that leaves you desperate to know what happens to the broken Connor. Not given the best start in life Connor has some intense emotional baggage threatening to pull him under but the love of music and his friends help him through the blackest of moments.

I found myself captured by the story immediately, I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.
Jenny
Oct 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have the next 2 books so I'll probably read them but I really didn't feel any real attachment to any of the characters. Connor grew up in an abusive household and has left home. He is living with a girl from his band as platonic roomates.
Monica Rae
Good Idea. Bad Execution.

A good idea, but horrible execution. The writing is all over the place. The story jumps around in an awkward way. It could have been great, but I was mostly confused the entire book.
Christine D
Well it just wasn't my cup of tea.It was not a bad story I just couldn't get into it.
Linda Cotter
Apr 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this book. PJ does an excellent job transporting us back to 82. I really enjoy the characters and learning about Connor and his past.
Leanne Michele
3.5 stars.
Stephenie Oxley
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a sad story, it broke my heart. But I loved this book and I love Connor Clay. 5 massive stars from me.
Robin Sokol
Emily Eck
May 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Heart Strung
  • Rock'n Tapestries (Rock'n Tapestries, #1)
  • Feel like Makin' Love (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #3)
  • Metal Urge
  • Rocked By Him
  • Wicked End (Wicked End, #1)
  • Righteous Obsession
  • Learn to Fly
  • Forbidden Ballad - Rock My World
  • Zenith Falling (Zenith Trilogy, #1)
  • Unstoppable (Fierce, #2)
  • Holding onto You (Never Letting Go, #2)
  • Hard Body Rock (Body Rock, #1)
  • Around the World in 80 men (Collection 1-10)
  • Damaged But Not Broken (New Adult Rockers, #1)
  • Crazy (Rock Me, #3)
  • This is Forever (13 Shades of Red, #2)
  • First Kiss (Heavy Influence, #1)

For information about new releases, reading order and other book stuff, please visit and 'follow' my web page.

If you would like to ask a question, talk about my stories or whatever else might be in the works - please visit me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/PJ-Pos...

Happy reading!