Start by marking “Deadly Class, Volume 2: Kids of the Black Hole” as Want to Read:
Deadly Class, Volume 2: Kids of the Black Hole

Deadly Class, Volume 2: Kids of the Black Hole

(Deadly Class #2)

Marcus Lopez is settling into life at Kings Dominion for the Deadly Arts, a secret elite school, to train the next generation of assassins. He has a girl, a circle of friends, and he’s learning a trade: the craft of killing. But his murderous past is about to catch up with him, and there are a few things about Marcus that even his friends don’t know. Secrets that threaten ...more
Published March 3rd 2015 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Class, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Class, Volume 2

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
☠ *Murder 101* BR with the incredible Kat (click to read her review) ☠

Reread before Deadly Class, Vol. 3: The Snake Pit (10/11) : Marcus rocks. 'Nuff said.

Color me fucking overjoyed, my friends. ░

Because this Volume deserves every single star it gets.

Meet the comics which makes...

Love triangle ... bloody awesome. For real, I can't believe myself right now! Indeed so soon after my pissed-off rant in Rogue, I wouldn't have bet one euro on my ability to enjoy a story which includes a love t
Lindsey Rey
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, graphic-novels
[4.5 Stars]

Damn that whole thing was MESSED UP!
Sam Quixote
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-comics-2015
Veerry minor spoilers ahead but sometimes if you don't say it, some baby will throw their toys out of the pram...

Marcus and his friends are back at Kings Dominion after their bonkers Vegas road trip but a villain from his past has reappeared with only vengeance in mind. As Saya tracks down the whereabouts of Fuckface, Marcus and Maria’s relationship hits the rocks - who knew training to be an assassin could be so melodramatic?

Rick Remender and Wes Craig’s Deadly Class continues to be a lot of
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

On one hand, I feel this was legitimately stronger than volume 1. On the other - it's still not what I like to read about:

+ Whiny, pretentious a-hole of a protagonist
+ A school of talented assassins but you rarely see them in school or being talented assassins (they eff up enough that I wonder if maybe they've deluded themselves into believing they are awesome)
+ The Love Triangle
+ Girl Hate (Over a Boy, no less!)

I just don't like this sorta stuff. I can't really make myself care ab
Elena
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I struggled to get through the beginning, but holy moly the second part of this volume was amazing!
James DeSantis
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Whoooooooa this shit was intense. The love tringle was okay, my only negative really. So now that's out of the way...

KILL ALL REDNECK INBREEDS!!!! YES! This was like a dream come true. One thing I hate as much as asshole new yorkers (I grew up in Brooklyn) are backwards fucking rednecks. Watching our heroes (are they though?) kill a bunch of dirty fucking backwards ass people was a blast. The fights are intense, wonderfully drawn, and scary as fuck cause you never know who's going to die.

Oh and
Natasha
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“... the difference between old friends and new friends is that new friends just haven't let you down yet.

She told me that everyone has let her down...

... except for me.

And all I could think was, "give me time.”

I flew through this one much faster than the first one.
It is still as good as the first one.
But I feel like this one was more emotional, and it focus a lot of Marcus’s and Maria’s history which is so interesting.
Especially Maria’s. I am very interested in her history and what she went th
Cheese
Apr 06, 2015 rated it liked it
After reading vol .1 I thought this series has got real potential and I still do, but I'm so bored of reading inner dialogue and watching the story go nowhere. I'm still not sure if this has potential or if it's just a great idea for a comic with good artwork!?

Victoria ♡
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-comics
I'm reading slowly because I'm trying to pace myself!! I don't want to catch up just yet
Lindsey Lynn (thepagemistress)
Really enjoying this series. Very intense and full of tough subjects but dealt with in a witty and clever way. Enjoying the flashbacks in storyline and development.
Dan
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lila
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, dark
description

So, I wrote in my review for Vol. 1 how it struck me that Deadly Class is actually a teenage drama, but where teenagers are going to school for assassins. Basically, same problems, but with bloodier consequences. :D

I stand by that opinion 100% after reading Vol.2.

With group of adolescent characters and their flair for dramatics, Remender is following formula to a T giving us the biggest teenage drama of them all- Love Triangle.

So, Vol. 2 finds Marcus in hard situation: he's dating Maria (but
Gavin
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Wow. Violent, fucked up, dark, and depressing. That's the 80s I mean...the book just so happens to echo the decade.

The assassin kids' road trip had consequences, and it's not until the end of this excellent second volume that we see just how the pasts of Maria and Marcus intersect in their present.

Teenage angst with mad kill skillz.

Racism and sexual assault, sweatshops, religious imagery used by psychopaths, oh and a comic book sale where someone gets explosive diarrhea! Word.

Rick Remender is on
Sebastien
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it
More like 3.5 stars, as I do really like the energy and pace of this story. I like the coloring, the art is almost awesome but there is a certain stylization to the human figure drawing that just sticks in my craw. I don't mean to be insulting by saying that, everything looks good (backgrounds, compositions, excellent!) and the art is good but the proportions on the characters is stylized a certain way, hands, feet, arms sometimes drawn real small, and face drawn big, with facial features exagge ...more
Divine Anas
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Trigger Warning: Graphic and Extreme Violence
DAFUQ THIS IS FCKING INSANE AND ADDICTIVE?!? If you think the first volume is gold this one is so much more solid! (Wow wtf is that analogy vine?) I'm sorry for the lack of appropriate analogies. Anyway, this second volume has all the grit and teeth. It's messy and brutal. The violence is sharply directed on revenge and it's highly unapologetic with how sick and psychologically damaged the characters are.

I've grown to know more about the side chara
Maria (Big City Bookworm)
“Depression is a big fucked-up monster. Everyone gets a turn, whether or not they want to own up to it. It’s a hard fight that fucks you top to bottom. Drains you hollow. And when you’re finally rid of it, there’s something about having overcome it that robs you of compassion.”

I have recently been on a major graphic novel binge. I keep putting down whatever novel I’m currently reading so I can pick up yet another graphic novel. I had recently read Deadly Class, Vol.1: Reagan Youth and I fell i
Ma'Belle
Jun 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Deadly Class 2 continues in the direction started by Vol. 1, and that direction is not what I expected and hoped for from reading the back covers of these trades. I wanted to know all about the methods of their school - what tactics and politics are involved in determining what world leaders to assassinate.

Instead, this series is much more of an explicit teenage soap opera, complete with sex, drugs, epic ultra-violent fight scenes, and some gross or freaky mistakes made by the protagonist in a w
Irena
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Omg, this was sooo good!!
It was even better then the Vol. 1, and as it seems to me, it will become more intense with every new issue.

It will be too hard for me to wait for a Vol. 3 so I'll be buying every new issue as it comes out. It's just THAT good!

There's just one thing I have to phrase:
This one particular scene (view spoiler)made me laugh so hard, like I have never laughed in my life (at least not while reading). That scene only would make me rate this Vol
MLE
May 20, 2015 marked it as dnf
It's not that this book is terrible.

It isn't.

I just have a weak stomach, and I just couldn't hack this one.

Nadja
Didn‘t like it as much as the first volume. I wish the school life would be more present in the story. I‘m really not a fan of love triangles but have to admit it was handled pretty epic. (2.5 stars)
Farah Shamma
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not as great as the first volume, but the action towards the end made up for the weird love-triangle-mess it was offering as the theme for the volume. I liked the insights into the character’s backstory and how we learn more about their pasts to – in a way – justify their current personalities and insecurities. Their own brand of crazy.

The artwork and the color schemes continues to be my favorite thing about this graphic novels. It’s done stunningly. If I were to just look at the artwork withou
Miguel
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: image
I really really like this second volume, but...... the first one was a lot better, every issue was full of new surprises. Vol. 1 was THE BEST book i read in 2015 so.... the exceptions for vol 2 were really high.

The story: Its more focus on Marcus and the love triangle. We learn more about Maria and Marcus past. Watch the gang in a big action scene at the end and basically thats it. I can't say too much more about this. There were some really funny moments, which is very cool.

THE ART: Was even b
˗ˏˋ janet ˊˎ˗
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I LOVE ONE GIRL AND HER NAME IS SAYA KUROKI
Angie
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This comic was honestly hilarious. I wasn't expecting that. With the Deadly Class comics it always takes me a minute to get into the grove of reading it. The art and the style of writing takes a minute to get used to. As soon as I get adjusted to the style though the comic really takes off. I started to read this series because of the show and am glad I did. Such a unique story even though it would seems like it's the same plot lines a lot of stories have. A bunch of kids going to a boarding sch ...more
Zombieslayer/Alienhunter {merry wanderer of the night}
Depression is a big fucked-up monster.
Everyone gets a turn, whether they want to own up to it or not.
It's a hard fight that fucks you up from top to bottom. Drains you hollow.
And when you're finally rid of it, there's something about having overcome it that robs you of compassion.

It's next to impossible to deal with someone else who's still fighting the shit you just beat up.
Secretly, in the darkest pits of your subconscious...
... You're just happy it's not you anymore.

The semester begins anew
Kayla (BOOKadoodles)
January 2016 edit: I decided I will not be continuing with this series.

More like 2.5 stars.

I'm still really enjoying the art of this series, the action scenes are brilliantly done. I just felt a tad uncomfortable at times while reading this, and I can't place my finger on why exactly. The story is engrossing, yet extremely disturbing at times. And I felt like the incorporation of a love triangle didn't fit with the dark mood of the setting. I will definitely still be continuing with the series!
Alenka
Mar 24, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed volume one and got into the concept of the series, but was a little disappointed with volume two. I'd like to see more of the school and how it functions, and that was pretty much non-existent here. (They have time for that, though!) I was pretty uninterested in the love triangle thing although the narration that runs through the ending redeemed the storyline from being too cliche. I enjoyed the commentary on depression/mental health and was glad Saya called Marcus out on some of his b ...more
Jonny Campo
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this series right now it's so fresh and raw, its so different, in a good way.
Remender is great I wanna take a chance and read more of his stuff I recently started reading x-force and I really like that as well. I just love how much fun this book is its all sex drugs and rock n roll and it's pretty funny plus it's based in the 80s who doesn't love that lol I recommend this 100%
Aildiin
Apr 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Read the single issues.
Christine Andersen
Apr 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Didn't like it as much as the first volume because some of it was a bit hard to follow. I did still love the color scheme and the artwork in general, and I am excited for the next volume!
  • Nailbiter, Vol. 3: Blood in the Water
  • Manifest Destiny, Vol. 1: Flora & Fauna
  • East of West, Vol. 4: Who Wants War?
  • Revival, Vol. 5 : Gathering Of Waters
  • Outcast, Vol. 2: A Vast And Unending Ruin
  • Southern Bastards, Vol. 1: Here Was a Man
  • Lazarus, Vol. 5: Cull
  • Rumble, Vol. 2: A Woe That is Madness
  • The Fade Out: Act Two
  • Chew, Vol. 11: The Last Suppers
Rick Remender is an American comic book writer and artist who resides in Los Angeles, California. He is the writer/co-creator of many independent comic books like Black Science, Deadly Class, LOW, Fear Agent and Seven to Eternity. Previously, he wrote The Punisher, Uncanny X-Force, Captain America and Uncanny Avengers for Marvel Comics.

Deadly Class (8 books)
  • Deadly Class, Volume 1: Reagan Youth
  • Deadly Class, Volume 3: The Snake Pit
  • Deadly Class, Volume 4: Die for Me
  • Deadly Class, Volume 5: Carousel
  • Deadly Class, Volume 6: This is Not the End
  • Deadly Class, Volume 7: Love Like Blood
  • Deadly Class, Volume 8: Never Go Back

She told me that everyone has let her down...

... except for me.

And all I could think was, "give me time.”
11 likes
“Sometimes, remembering a moment in your life can physically hurt as you relive everything that mattered to you then, and realize how far gone it is now.” 2 likes