Start by marking “The Night Before The Night Before Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Night Before The Night Before Christmas

The Night Before The Night Before Christmas

At Santa’s workshop, the night before the night before Christmas is hardly a time to rest. The elves work tirelessly to get the final toys made before Christmas Eve, but Elfie just can’t keep pace. He spends too much time making his toys perfect, and when Santa comes to check on production, everyone is surprised by his reaction.
Published November 3rd 2014 by Kraine Kreative

To ask other readers questions about The Night Before The Night Before Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night Before The Night Before Christmas

Tahlia Newland
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This children’s picture book is quite simply beautiful. The story is beautiful, written by Jay Dee in simple but elegant and evocative prose, and the illustrations by Darren Geers are beautiful, colourful without being garish and with a truly lovely light quality. The book has also been beautifully produced, nicely printed and well laid out.

The illustrations create a large part of the book’s charm. The artist has imbued the drawings of Elfie, the other elves and Santa Clause with a g
Dorine White
Dec 14, 2014 rated it liked it
My Thoughts-
The overall story of the book is very endearing. We have Elfie, one of Santa's elves, working really hard on a present. He is spending so much time on making the gift perfect that the head elf, Nathan, starts getting upset. But, Elfie won't give up, and when Santa comes to inspect his workshop, Elfie is still fussing over his toy train. Nathan is worried Santa will be mad, but it turns out Santa asked Elfie to work on this particular gift and make it perfect. All the elves wonder wh
Awesome Indies Book Awards
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The night before the night before Christmas is an adorable heart-warming tale that I would recommend to everyone, young and old. It tells the story of Elfie, one of Santa’s elves who spends the whole day working on one toy, while his comrades rush to complete all the presents for the children of the world.

It holds a sweet message, that sometimes speed and volume of productivity isn’t the best thing. That it’s okay to spend a lot of time on one thing if you make it perfect. This is something tha
Lauri Fortino
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Night Before The Night Before Christmas is a beautifully illustrated, timeless tale with a twist. It is the night before Christmas Eve and all of Santa’s elves are at work making the final toys for Santa to deliver to all the good girls and boys the very next night. Main character Elfie is a likable little fellow who takes pride in his work. And he wants the toys he makes to be perfect. His perfectionism is something many of us can relate to; I sure can. But unfortunately for Elfie, this is ...more
Teressa Morris
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was the illustrations that sucked me into The Night Before the Night Before Christmas. I was sent a few samples before I ever read the story and they were so whimsical and colorful I decided I had to read it.

Once I read the story, though, I was completely hooked!! It's sweet and simple, with a nod towards the true meaning of Christmas.

I give The Night Before the Night Before Christmas four and a half stars. It's a ready-made classic your family will want to read and re
Jodie
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: box-1
Each year we add a few titles to our holiday collection. I'm so excited to add The Night Before The Night Before Christmas this year! We do a modified version of Elf on the Shelf where our elf brings us books. We are planning on having our elf bring this book on his first night visiting our house. The illustrations are so warm and inviting. They do such a nice job of complimenting the text. Best of all is the message of always doing your best work!
C. Lee Reed
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book and the illustrations. Found this book adorable and sympathize with the perfectionist Elf. I often get caught up in the "doing" and forget to finish the task in a timely manner. Loved seeing how this was exactly what Santa wanted. Loved how the author mixed traditional folklore with the Christian meaning of Christmas. Heartwarming story that all ages will love.
Aj Seliga
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful pictures! This really will be a new family tradition. Every December 23, The Night Before The Night Before Christmas will be read and enjoyed!

The story is great, with a meaningful Christmas message. I can totally relate to the main character. Not sure I would have even finished the train! Kudos Elfie :)
Mike Lakusta
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Inspirational children's Christmas book about the power of persistence and striving for perfection. BEAUTIFUL pictures that will captivate any child and a sweet surprise about who Santa picks to get Elfie's train...the perfect present for the perfect Baby!
Mrs. Schatz
LOVED the illustrations!!! This was a "buy it for the cover".
Jay Dee
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Derek