Start by marking “Alarm” as Want to Read:
Alarm

Alarm

Chloe’s life is safe and comfortable. Meeting a tall, dark stranger covered in tattoos is not in her plans. Bad boys just aren’t her type, even if they gorgeous and built like a brick wall. The alarms in her head warn that Aiden Hunter is definitely on the list of men her mother told her to avoid, but she doesn’t listen.

Still, she finds herself drawn to Aiden and the
ebook
Published December 8th 2014 by Shay Savage, LLC (first published December 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Alarm, please sign up.
Shay Savage Well...this will be the 5th book I've published this year. :) Glad you have enjoyed them! It isn't the writing pace that is the issue, usually. It's…moreWell...this will be the 5th book I've published this year. :) Glad you have enjoyed them! It isn't the writing pace that is the issue, usually. It's the marketing, cover art, editing, formatting, etc. etc. that takes all the time. :)(less)

Start your review of Alarm
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo SavageAlarmTitebySueBee_zps79e1dfc0.jpg
 photo Al stat0 xB by sb_zpspsnjsf8c.gif
 photo Al story xB by sb_zpsf0aiwgam.gif
! Alarm (stand-alone). Opposites attract as tattooed bad boy meets OCD good girl & both get lessons in living!

“That’s life, Chloe. That’s living.”

Alarm (stand-alone) is corporate project manager Chloe Ellison, Clo’s story, told entirely from her POV. It opens up to her mundane, cautious, lonely and rather OCD existence being frustrated with her boss and reflecting over her non-existent dating life. After a night-out with friends she is shocked to wake up in a stranger’s bed, a
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 stars!

description

I really enjoyed this book! As I was desperately in the mood for something lighthearted and on the sweet side, Alarm did the trick. And what really surprised me (but in a good way) was how well done the female POV was considering this author’s past books were in male POV. It’s not to say the story was perfect because truthfully, the heroine’s inner monologue tired me at times and I wasn’t a fan of a few plot events, but overall, this book is a solid standalone romance with a sweet,
Christy
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Alarm! stars

description

Alarm was different than anything else I’ve read by Shay Savage. It took me a little while to get into it- the half way point is where it really picked up for me. Once it picked up, it was action packed, super sexy and very entertaining!

Chloe lives her life very... planned. She works, occasionally goes out with friends and lives alone. It’s not very exciting. Then she meets a sexy tattooed stranger while at a bar with her friends. And he changes everything.

Aiden Hunter is in
Jeanne
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 stars

First of all, whose idea was this buddy read anyway? :)

This book for me in a nutshell was a classic case of the dumbass heroine ruining the book. Oh, man. Chloe is such a dingbat, she takes annoying heroine to a whole new level. She's immature, judgmental, and unbelievably dumb.

She constantly giggles, and has many conversations with her female heroine action figures. This happens both out loud and in her head. In any given situation, she thinks about whether or not Wonder Woman or
~♡AB♡~
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

NOW LIVE!

Chloe has lived a safe and predictable life, she works as a project manager, has a few close friends and doesn't really venture out of her comfort zone. When her beloved dad passed away a couple of years prior, her mum moved away and so Chloe lives a quiet existence. Spontaneity is not on her agenda and she always listens to her internal alarm – that is until she meets Aiden Hunter.

Aiden is bearded, muscled and tattooed and she immediately judges him by the way he looks.
Catarina
4 Alarming Stars

Chloe is your typical normal girl: normal job, normal routine, never gets out of her comfort zone, never does nothing extraordinary. She just live day by day without actually living.
Until she meets Ayden, the tattooed and mysterious sexy guy that for some reason noticed her and wants her to live: really live. And he sweeps her away and starts to teach how life can be appreciated.
But as they start to fall for each other and he’s teaching how to enjoy and live her life, he’s at
Shay Savage
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Coming December 8, 2014! Preorder on Amazon!

Are you ready for Aiden Hunter?

Still, she finds herself drawn to Aiden and the excitement she is
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
2 stars

I don't have much else to add that my BR buddies haven't already said. This book made me yawn, roll my eyes, cringe, skim and yawn some more. Is this really the same author that wrote Surviving Raine? I wish I could turn back time and unread this.
P.S. I forgive you Jeanne. Again! Lol :)

Thanks for the BR x
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 Intoxicating Stars!

photo c5480b25-915e-44e5-9d12-bd86dd0aa9f1.jpg

photo 0fb1121b-7c7f-4048-9d69-f07b7118735f.jpg

Chloe Ellison is an uptight 27 year old woman living in Cincinnati, Ohio working as a project manager. She is your typical good girl. She lives a boring, sheltered life where she doesn't take risks, and lives by her routine. She is innocent, shy, & all about rules. She collects action figure dolls, and secretly wishes she could be more like her super heroines on her shelf. One evening while out with her best friend Mare, Chloe has a bit too much to drink, and
Eliza

Rating: 3 "The Morning After" Stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

photo 9AA15E86-02E6-4D24-924E-50F3FC099115_zps2gdq0zv5.jpg

Wherever they keep the official entries for men your mother warned you about, this guy’s picture would be at the top of the list.

In a very quick and crude summary, Alarm is about a ordinary girl who meets a man who would in ordinary circumstance have no place in her structured, mundane routine. Following some extraordinary
Didi
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 STARS

Despite the rating I've given this book, I am a fan of Shay Savage's work. I loved Surviving Raine and the Evan Arden trilogy. However, this was very okay, and with no intended disrespect to the author, not one of her best in my opinion.

The beginning started out slowly but the book began to really take off around the midway mark. That lasted for a while but the things I had issues with also gained momentum, leaving me disappointed and disliking the heroine, Chloe. She was judgmental,
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3 Low Stars

My overwhelming feeling throughout and after reading this book?

Mmmmmmmeh.

description

Shay Savage is a brilliant writer who has written some ridiculously amazing stuff, including one of my top all time favorites, Transcendence.

She has blown my mind many a time.

However, I just found myself kind of bored during many points in this book. Also, I think this is the first thing I've read from her written from a female POV and, sadly, I just didn't dig it.
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

4.25 Refreshing Stars!

What happens when an insanely controlled, scheduled project manager meets a scary, tattooed bad-boy in a bar? Does she run in the opposite direction, maintaining her perfectly controlled and boring life? Or does she throw caution to the wind for once in her life, ignoring all the internal Alarms chiming in her head?

photo CA4E231F-36AD-448D-B970-E2D58297DC2C_zpswbr84qkj.jpg

Alarm by Shay Savage is unlike any other book she's written. Written entirely in the heroine's POV, it's refreshing and brings to light both living life to the
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃

Hero: 8/10
Humour: 2/10
Hotness: 7/10
Romance: 8/10
Extra book Details: Heroine POV; 1st person. Approx 340 kindle pages. Stand alone.

Chloe's life is nothing but predictability. She's safe, content... happy? No. But she doesn't know what else to be. That is, until a tattooed hunk of a man literally bumps into her. He could show her how to live. But there's something about Aiden that makes all the alarms
Anna
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this one !!!! I love this authors writing style. So packed with action and fast paced mystery and intrigue and passion that makes me just swoooooon non-stop!!!
Mariam
Nov 08, 2014 marked it as dnf
DNF at 55%
Phew. Okay.
Things I don't like in books:
1. Virgin Heroines.
8. Cheating.
9. Love Triangles.
10. Giggling.
...
I'm pretty sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now.
This book had the third, fifth, sixth, seventh and tenth. Maybe more. I didn't stick around to find out.
This is the second book that I DNFed by Ms. Savage, I'm sad to say. It was all in the heroine's POV. Which
ღTierraღ
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mykindaalphamale
YES! YES. This is what I've been lacking for far too long ladies and gents of Goodreads. What is it that I lacked you say? DANGER. EXCITEMENT. A SEXY TATTED BABE OF A MAN. And I'm not just talking about ANY man. I'm talking about Aidan Hunter.

Aidan Hunter

Chloe Ellison

When they first met I was like...

Then the week they spent together had me like...

But then when Chloe was getting all suspicious...

THEN when shit hit the fan it had me going...

And when I found out the story behind Aidan I just
Debra
Nov 15, 2014 marked it as to-read

**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**
Fran
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
So, at least I finished it. Thus, my first gif post:

Um, OK, so I skimmed through most of it though, from 10% to about 65%! LOL! Whatever. :))

Thanks to all the ladies from the buddy read (especially for the spoilers).
Jacqueline's Reads
Dec 08, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Finding-some-adventure Stars

I’ll be honest. I was surprised with this one. I usually enjoy Savage reads and although I didn’t dislike Alarm, I just found it overall… boring.

First off, I was hooked with the beginning because it kind of gave me some foreshadowing, which I hate, but this time I was okay with it. I wanted to know who Aiden and why does he burst out with a gun?! I was all over that.

Summary

Chloe lives a normal life. It suits her and she’s fine with it. She wants to be a little
~Stéphanie's Journal~
description

This is really hard for me to review this book because I had high hopes. I've heard so much good things about Shay Savage books. And then here I'm so disappointed! Please recommend me a good book from her because I know she's famous for her male pov and I want to forget this one.

description

For some parts I liked the book. I gave it 3 stars because it kept me entertained and I wanted to know what will happen,... but urgh yet another book where the heroine ruins everything for me!
And even Aiden wasn't so
Michelle
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Chloe isn’t the type of girl to take risks. Every move is planned, ever word and response is carefully chosen. But things are about to change for this bored girl when she crashes into a man that is bound and determined to show her how to live, despite every warning her brain is screaming at her.

Aiden is all muscle and tattoos. And secrets. Lots of secrets.

When one drunken night places these two in the right place at the right time, Aiden can’t resist wanting to push her boundaries. To get her
Chan
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This was an interesting read for me - There are things I enjoyed and there are things that made me want to DNF.

The biggest issue that I had with this book is the unbelievable, whirlwind romance. Unfortunately, this set the tone for the story. It's difficult to accept the storyline when I'm struggling with the romance between the MC's.

However, Aiden and Chloe were great characters. Shay Savage created MC's who were strong where the other was weak and it was beautiful. Bonus...Aiden was an Alpha
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC on behalf of Shay's marketing/publicity in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Don’t you wish you could be the superhero of your own happily ever after? Why not take the chance? Why not, LIVE a little?

Chloe Ellison--

description

A 27-year old woman, living on the straight and narrow, keeping to the comforts of her norm and avoids acts of precariousness at all costs.

“Stay away from dangerous situations. The unknown is often dangerous.”

While at the bar with some friends, she meets
Mallory

This turned out to be super sweet with a good story behind it. However, it was a tad boring. I don't think I'd ever describe a Shay Savage book as boring, but it really didn't pick up until around 50%. But once it picked up, it felt like it was nonstop until the end. Aiden was passionate and adorable, and I totally loved him. And Chloe, although a tad mental with her inner Alarm, was a good lead as well.

Although this wasn't as action packed or fast paced as her other books, I'd
Maayan
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
3.5 stars:)
Review to come.

"ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review."
-ya
Nov 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
I really enjoyed Surviving Raine, Evan Arden Trilogy, and Transcendence by the author, but I can’t point out anything I enjoy in Alarm:(

27 years-old Chloe is a narrator that I find very difficult to like. Her character is an unpleasant mixture of immaturity, idiocy, and hypocrisy.

The romance between LCs?
The development of their relationship made no sense to me. I fell into IDC territory rather quickly.

I accepted life’s risks-the joys and the heartaches-everything that it meant to live.

I get
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Perry
4 Stars

This was a pretty decent read, and I DID like it. I just didn't LOVE it, and I think therein lies my problem. I'm used to being blown away by Shay Savage and although this wasn't a bad read by any stretch of the imagination, it just didn't quite hit the spot I was hoping it would. In other words, I could totally put it down.

I think my main two issues were 1) Chloe, the heroine and 2) the predictability of the plot. Chloe wasn't a bad heroine per se, she just wasn't very interesting or
London
HEA: (view spoiler)
Heat/Steam 3/5
Triggers?
Cliffhanger: . No.
Intolerable Heroine .a bit.
Über Douchebagery .No.
Taboo Subject Matter .No.
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle (view spoiler)
description

If you'd have asked me before I read this if I ever imagined myself rating a Shay Savage book 2 stars, I'd have laughed in your face.
Was
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• What We Do in the Night (Day to Night, #1)
  • Savior (Savages, #3)
  • What We Do in the Light (Day to Night, #2)
  • Revenge (Reckless Renegades MC, #1)
  • The Middle Man (Professionals, #6)
  • 367 Days (Investigators, #1)
  • Reaper's Fall (Reapers MC, #5)
  • Hope Ignites (Hope, #2)
  • Wearing Him Down
  • Reapers and Bastards Anthology (Silver Valley #1.5; Reapers MC #4.5)
  • The Loner's Lady
  • Silenced
  • She's the One (Castile Family, #4)
  • Owning the Beast
  • The Last Post
  • Bet in the Dark (In the Dark, #1)
  • Battle Scars
  • Shattered (Nightwind Pack, #2)
Shay Savage is an independent author from Cincinnati, Ohio, where she lives with her family and a variety of household pets. She is an accomplished public speaker and holds the rank of Distinguished Toastmaster from Toastmasters International. Her hobbies include off-roading in her big, yellow Jeep, science fiction in all forms, and soccer. Savage holds a degree in psychology, and she brings a lot ...more
“Life isn’t about how it ends; it’s about what you do while you’re alive.” 3 likes
“La vida no es sobre como termina; es acerca de lo que haces mientras estas vivo.” 2 likes