Start by marking “Lullaby (Book of Dreams #1)” as Want to Read:
Lullaby (Book of Dreams #1)

Lullaby

(Book of Dreams #1)

Halle Michaels is on the brink of insanity.

She’s haunted by dreams. Dreams that find their way into her reality. Nightmares of death…of destruction. Visions that will uncover the truth – about her abilities, her family’s origins, and her part in a prophecy that could change the world.

But when a mysterious book shows up on her doorstep, can those dreams save her from an o
212 pages
Published December 1st 2014 by Cloverhouse Publishing (first published November 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Lullaby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lullaby

Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk

This was an okay story, but I felt like not a lot really happened. At the beginning we found out that Halle heard voices all the time, but this didn’t seem to be resolved at all by the end of the book. We got some new neighbours moving in, and some other mundane stuff going on, but the main storyline just wasn’t fleshed out enough for me.

6 out of 10
Abbie
Nov 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an okay read, but I found the pacing to be pretty slow, especially in the first half. It seemed to take ages for the story to get going, so despite it only being a little over 200 pages, it felt quite long.

Overall, Not bad, but felt a lot longer than 213 pages.
Kelly Clare
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I brought the second book. I think that's pretty telling, so I'm not going to say anything else :)
E.M. Cooper
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lullaby is a beautifully mysterious story that shifts between the everyday to the world of dreams and angels.

Seventeen-year-old schoolgirl, Halle Michaels has always heard voices, but lately they’re getting louder and what’s more disturbing, the voices have become aware she can hear them. She is also having dreams in which her dead father Noah is trying to warn of impending danger.

Halle is special and is assigned guardian angels, in particular Aedan, a former Warrior angel, to protect her from
anjuli
Feb 10, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was hard for me to rate. While I enjoyed the storyline, characters played in this book etc. I felt the pace was a tad slow. There wasn't much happening so to speak except the story felt stretched. At the end of the book, I felt a lot of questiones were left unanswered and the mystery just kept on and on adding. There is some action towards the end of the book of course and we're left with a cliffhanger.

I liked that there is no insta love per se even though the mysterious insta-draw of
Donna Jones
Mar 01, 2015 rated it liked it

I was given Book of Dreams Book ONE Lullaby and Book TWO Silent night for an honest review.

BOOK ONE

by the time i was thirty percent in i was so confused i had no idea who was who and who did what i was constantly flicking back and at this point if i was reading for me i would have flounced this book but i had to finish it so i kept at it and by sixty percent i was happy that the book was getting better and i was starting to enjoy the book that i and heard was like mortal instruments. i have a
Jennifer Lark
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Angels and Demons and Hot Guys, Oh My!

This was a fun read. In some ways it had all the classic elements of most young adult novels - bare chested teenage boys, a heroine learning about what makes her special, along with a close knit group of sarcastic friends. The storyline was familiar but also quite original.

Some of the things that made this book different were really clever. I liked this author's interpretation of auras and how they changed colors with emotions. I liked how Halle, the main fe
Angie
Sep 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't know what to expect when I began this book. I go in to all my reads completely blind. I never read a review or the synopsis. I base most of my reads solely on the cover, word of mouth, or seeing it all over blogs I follow.

I met Bridgette at Carolina Book Fest in Charlotte, NC earlier this year and picked up book one in her series for free on Kindle (Love when authors do that!!). I am seeing Bridgette again in Greenville next month at an event and I wanted to have read her book before s
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
What I Thought:

This book takes on a very different view of the connection between dreams and reality and look at dreams in a whole new light.

Along the way, we get to know more about our main character, finding out that she is much more than your average girl, and seriously able to handle a lot of weird before she gives in. I found her character full of depth, strength and willpower, as she fought to try and regain control of her life.

The pace of the book was excellent! There was always somethi
Erth
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
now i am hooked. This was such a great, easy and creative book. i was hooked after the first page.

The characters were easy to fall in love with and follow, along with the story. the author made the mental visions so easy and vivid of the surroundings and the characters actions felt so real.

i would highly recommend this author and this book.
Jennifer Siddoway
It was fascinating to read about Halle and get to know her through the eyes of her guardian angel. While Aedan and Halle co-exist quite harmoniously in the same space, they never actually interact with one another. Halle never sees him, but somehow senses his presence. Their movements, thoughts and reactions are almost coordinated with a cosmic link binding them to one another. It speaks to the romantic in me that an indescribable force can bring two people together and transcend the veil betwee ...more
Justin Lakey
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
YA isn't really my thing, but this novel came as a recommendation so I thought I'd give it a go. I really enjoyed it. Compared to what I normally read, Lullaby was quick and easy, yet still really entertaining. The fantasy elements were creative variations of Christian stories, but the book didn't feel preachy to me (an atheist) like some Christian YA fiction does. The YA elements were thrilling, but well suited to the YA audience without being too mushy. Really, the author did a fantastic job o ...more
Doris
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lullaby was such a fantastic read! I sat down to read and was finished in one day, I could NOT put it down!

I loved that this book wasn't all about your typical girl. Everything you would THINK was going to happen didn't, but something even better was around the corner!
The mystery of the story started from the very first page, you get that sense of "What could be happening next?"
I love the explanation of dreams and auras. It's tastefully done without being cliche!
You have to get your copy TODAY!!
Bobbi
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Bobbi by: Author
This story is different from anything I have read and I was captured straight from the beginning. Unexplained voices, dreams, and premonitions. Halle is strong when faced with danger and stressful situations even though she is scared to death. Aedan is stuck between his past and trying to keep Halle safe, not knowing the whole story is frustrating him even more. Bridgette O'Hare brings all of the characters to life and the story really grabs you and holds on tight. This was definitely a fun read ...more
Vonnie Hudson
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so excited!!

I absolutely loved Lullaby! Bridgette O'Hare has just made it to my list of authors I would buy their new books when they comes out, before knowing what it is about!! I really loved this story. The author weaves a tale you can just see. The background set up flowed smoothly as the story unfolded. And more and more was added to the tapestry of Lullaby that by the time I was done, I immediately purchased book 2 before I even left a review.
Christine
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
Loved this book. I have had this book on my TBR list for a while and now I am kicking my self for not reading it sooner. It a really good start to this series and lays a perfect foundation for the story to continue.
Becky Pancoast
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!!!

I need more!!! I loved the story and the people and can't wait to find out what will happen next!!!!
Debbie
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was really impressed with Ms. O'Hare's writing. This book grabbed me in the first chapter and refused to let me go until I finished it.
Kathryn
Writing little reviews for author (and readers) is always a little brain wrenching. I never know if I give away too much about the book. So I'm going to keep this one easy.

This story is about a girl. And the voices that she hears. And the dreams that seem ever so real. Is she going crazy? Or is this a premonition of something to come. I really enjoyed this new-to-me author. And I really enjoyed her writing style.
Books 2 Blog
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I’ve read by this author and I was pleasantly surprised. I got so into it that I finished in one day. It does end in a cliffhanger as a side note. The storyline was intriguing. The characters were interesting and I really liked the way dreams and auras were explained. This left me wanting to know what happens next.

B2B Sandra
Shelley
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lullaby

I enjoyed the story. Halle, Jenna, and Matt are great characters. I thought it was original in the premise. Aedan and Sapphira, for me, characterize the duality of God; one is a fierce fighter and the other is a quiet protective strength. There was some repetitiveness that I wasn’t a fan of; although, that was a small portion that I skimmed through quickly.
Diane Moniz
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing

The mystery and action kept me reading. I'm not an avid reader but I couldn't put the book down. I wanted to know more. Warning, it's a cliff hanger book. Be prepared to need book 2 at least.
Chasity Mullinax
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was intrigued from the first chapter. The story really picked up a few chapters in and I could not put it down and immediately started book two. Very good read.
Barb VanderWel
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Kristina
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lullaby by Bridgette O’Hare (young adult paranormal romance) is A Book of Dreams Novel (the first one). Halle Michaels thinks she is going crazy. She keeps hearing voices, but no one is there. What Halle does not know is that she is very special and she is being protected by guardians (immortals/angels). Aedan Jeremiah has just been called in to protect Halle and is instantly attracted to her. Aedan has never had this happen before and does not know what is so special about Halle. Hellions (they ...more
Tina
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Imagine hearing voices and thinking you might be losing your mind. This is what Halle Michaels goes through everyday. Add to that the dreams she has with her deceased father and a mysterious "chair guy" that feel so real. Oh and did I mention that many of her dreams/nightmares are warnings and terrifying glimpses of a possible future.

There are so many things that I love about this book. Endearing characters, a story that I found myself captivated by from the very first chapter and a yummy guard
Donna-Dee Mullings
Enjoyable

I enjoyed reading this but felt that it would have been better served as the first half of a book. Most of the actual explanation of the storyline is towards the end of the book with minor action sprinkled without. I liked the characters but didn't really form too much of an attachment to any of them in particular as character development also seemed to happen more towards the end. All in all a decent read.
Sharon Doucett
Good book filled with likeable characters. I especially liked Aedan. Some things about Halle bothered me. She seemed to get mad at Aedan for no reason. I liked the idea about her dreams becoming real and the mystery behind the book. Looking forward to learning more about that. There are a lot of characters to keep track of and it does get a tad confusing but I did like the overall premise. I am looking forward to see what happens next.
Kristen Gough
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a story about a teenage girl named Halle who is very special and has no idea that she holds the fate of the world in her hands. She is protected by guardians who remain unseen and is completely unaware of the danger she currently faces. Aedan has been sent to help protect Halle and he cannot understand his feelings toward the mortal girl. This book is a very interesting tale of dreams, nightmares and the fight between good and evil.
Karlee
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Halle and her best friend Jenna are the only two that know about the voices inside Halle's head, but with the dreams Halle's having as well she thinks she's going to on insane. Halle is a special girl, but what makes her so special she needs a number of protectors? Will those that are evil get to her or will those that are good protect her enough. This does have a slight cliff hanger but I can't wait to read book two!

• A Gypsy's Kiss (The Sectorium #4)
  • Deliverance (Acropolis, #3)
  • Oxford Shadows (The Oxford Saga, #2)
  • Broken Butterflies
  • Against the Darkness (Cimmerian Moon, #1)
  • State of Decay: Omnibus
  • Field of Innocence  (Euphoria, #1)
  • Promised (Promised Series, #1)
  • Friction (Frenzy #4)
  • Trust (Sons of Don, #1)
  • Outliers (The Outliers Saga, # 1)
  • Resistance (Saga of the Setti, #2)
  • The Fractured: Elena (Fractured, #1; Blemished, #2.5)
  • I Zombie
  • Protector
  • Between the Bleeding Willows (Demon Hunter #1)
  • Blood Pact (Blood Pact, #1)
  • Chasing Memories (Tala Prophecy, #1)
Bridgette O’Hare is a writerly life form evolved to live off of high doses of chocolate, excessive episodes of Supernatural and Once Upon a Time, and copious amounts of snark.

She spends her time in search of sleep, witty co-conspirators, the planet Gallifrey, and ways to unleash evil upon her characters in interesting ways. When she’s not torturing imaginary people, you can find her instigating q

Book of Dreams (2 books)
  • Silent Night (Book of Dreams #2)