Start by marking “A Dash of Desire (Spiced Life, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Dash of Desire (Spiced Life, #2)

A Dash of Desire (Spiced Life, #2)

He wants to tame her…
After losing his wife to her wild ways at a young age, Tristan moved on to follow a higher calling. He finds comfort in helping others and has no intention of inviting drama back into his life. That is, until temptation blows into town.
She wants to corrupt him…
Riley is a foul-mouthed, bad-tempered, and bitter soul. Down on her luck and on the run f
Published January 5th 2015 by Punk & Sissy Publications (first published December 12th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Dash of Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dash of Desire

Jodie's W.I.N.E. List
When they say that opposites attract, they could use this couple as a great example.

Tristan is a nice calm, minister. He's referred to as Brother Daniels by many in the community. Riley is a wild child who is the total opposite of Tristan. Their interactions just had me laughing out loud. I loved seeing all the time these two spent together. I believed that they truly fit

There were a few situations that threw me off. They didn't seem to fit in with the light-heartedness of their relationship.
Chloe Thurlow
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was recommended "A Dash of Desire" by a friend and read it before I realized it is part of a series. My Mother said I always arrive late for everything. But not late, I hasten to add. Having luxuriated my way through Spiced Life Book 2, I have clicked the button for the first in the series to find out more about these well-drawn and delicious characters.

It is character that creates plot and Charity Parkerson's creation Riley lives in your head long after you have finished the A Dash of Desire.
Robin French
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A good man that works hard to bring out the good in people and the bad girl that has seen too much bad in people... What will happen when the Preacher and the Hoyden meet and clash? A Dash of Desire, book two in the Spiced Life series, by Charity Parkerson takes us back to Christiana,TN. Preacher Tristan Daniels and sinner Riley Henderson have sparks flying from their very first meeting. He's still dealing with the aftermath from his young wife's death years ago and she just wants a place to lic ...more
Cathy
"A Dash of Desire" by Charity Parkerson - Wowzer! I LOVED this one! Both the Hero - Tristan - and the heroine - Riley - were perfect! No, I don't mean perfect human beings but Ms. Parkerson did a fantastic job of creating characters that were real and oh so opposite (at least up front). Tristan is a very sexy minister. He cares about others and always does his best to see the good in people. Riley has a really tough persona but I love that, despite her tough life, she is still sweet and truly ca ...more
Kim
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A dash of desire isn’t all that’s going on between Riley and Tristan. Riley is going to visit her aunt Billy after leaving her man of two years behind. Tristan, trying to find his sanity after his wife died by helping others, became a preacher. She gets a flat tire just before getting to her aunts town, no cell service, midnight, pouring rain, just great! Riley see headlights and starts thinking, shit, not the way I want to die. A dark, tall stranger gets out of a older truck, all kinds of thoug ...more
NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews
“Bein' good isn't always easy
No matter how hard I try”
-Son of a Preacher Man, Dusty Springfield

Riley is a woman that has decided to take charge of her life. She has no filter and goes after what she wants when she wants it, and when she meets Tristan, she is hell bent on getting him. But when something wicked this way comes, Riley is torn between fighting for what she wants, and fleeing before she loses all that she has come to desire.

Tristan is a broken man that has lost a lot in life, but ha
Steph
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review copy provided via Reading Alley in exchange for an honest review.

Saint vs. Sinner…who will come out on top? Or bottom…whatever's hotter…

Riley Henderson's life just sucks. After leaving her boyfriend of 2 years, Riley heads east....and lands herself a flat tire just before reaching her aunt's town. An angel in the form of a sexy blond and blue eyed God comes to her rescue, but wouldn't you just know he's the last true gentleman in this world?

Tristan Daniels is immediately smitten when the
Heather Osborne
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed on behalf of Readers' Favorite.

A Dash of Desire by Charity Parkerson is the second book in the Spiced Life series. Riley Henderson finds herself with a flat tire by the side of the road in the pouring rain. It is just her luck that Tristan Daniels comes to her rescue, offering her a ride back to the small town where she is headed to stay with her aunt. Thinking that’s the last she will see of Tristan, Riley is shocked to learn he is the town preacher. Having lost his wife at a young age
Susan
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I fell in love with this fascinating romance! Riley moves in with her aunt who lives in a small town to get away from another of her very bad decisions. She meets the handsome and special Tristan. Sparks fly between this bad girl and good boy. Tristan finds himself intensely attracted to Riley and looks for ways to spend time with her. Riley is as attracted to him as he is to her and finds herself falling for this "too good for her" man.

This was a very well written and enjoyable romantic tale o
Vanessa Sims
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mf-reviews, romance
Riley is on the run. So she decides to move in with her Aunt Billy, where she meets Tristan. When they first meet they hit it off and Riley is surprised to find out that he is the minister at the church in town.

Riley makes Tristan feel again after his wife’s death. They spend a lot of time together, though not learning much about her past, Tristan is still pulled towards Riley. They are inseparable.

Until the person she is running from comes to town.

I enjoyed A Dash of Desire. I was surprised whe
Cathy Brockman
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Being a preacher in a small town where everyone knows everything about you isn’t easy. Especially when your past is tragic. Being a lonely man is even harder.
Enter a sexy, mysterious woman that pushes all your buttons that is running from her past and Tristan’s life gets even harder. Even though Riley reminds him too much of how reckless and carefree Harmony was, he can’t help but falling hard.

The story starts out as a simple romance, then gets a twist adding danger and intrigue. Riley’s secrets
Cathy Brockman
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it

Delta
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads, z2015
This is a quick, easy read, but not a lot of story to it. It didn't feel like Riley had a lot of character development, but then I discovered that this was the second in the series so that might account for that. The chemistry starts on page one so there is no guess who the main lovers will be. The one thing I had a hard time with was Tristan as a preacher; either he didn't start out as a preacher in the first draft, Parkerson doesn't like preachers, or Parkerson has never met a preacher. Severa ...more
Theresa Masker
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riley feels she is corrupted. Tristan is a minister. She wants to stay away from him because he is a good man but he won't let that happen. There is plenty steamy hot action. The author keeps you wondering what is going to happen in the end. I won't reveal anymore as I don't want to spoil it for those of you who haven't read it yet. Just know I loved the book :)
Karen
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amen Brother

This is one of the stories you find yourself falling in love with and not wanting to put it down until you are finished. I am so glad I found this author's books as I so enjoy reading them
Char Moore
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good book and series!

I liked Riley and Tristan's story. Their chemistry was great and the love that they had for each other was great to see!! I reading more from this author. I really like her writing. I'll be reading more from this author in the near future.
Heather Hollister
This book is well written and another amazing book. I am left with still wanting more. I so need number 3. If this is a new to you Author please give her a try. You will not regret it.
Pastor Dennis
Dec 20, 2014
Susan
Jan 26, 2015
Charity Parkerson
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Julie
Dec 30, 2014
Dee
Jan 21, 2016
Linda
rated it did not like it
Jan 28, 2015
Bob
Sep 06, 2017
  • Breathe Me (Me #1)
  • 34 Seconds
  • Ryker (Bad Boys for Hire #1)
  • Jealousy
  • The Edge of Hope (Bad Blood, #1)
  • Just Stay
  • Spring's Delight (Cowboy Seasons, #4)
  • The Ghostwriters
  • Silken Desires (Silken Edge, #2)
  • Buddy Carruthers, Wide Receiver (First and Ten #2)
  • Worst Laid Plans (A Maddox Storm Cozy Mystery,#1)
  • A Flawed Jewel (A Marsden Romance #1)
  • The Devil's Own Desperado
  • Something's Brewing at Joe's
  • Rogue (The Sons of Dusty Walker, #4)
  • An Infatuation (In My Heart #1)
  • Wrenches, Regrets, & Reality Checks (Wrench Wars, #3)
  • Portals: Modern Magics, Book 2
Charity Parkerson is an award winning and multi-published author with Ellora's Cave Publishing, Midnight Books, and Punk & Sissy Publications. Born with no filter from her brain to her mouth, she decided to take this odd quirk and insert it in her characters.

*Seven-time winner of Readers' Favorite Awards