Start by marking “Raspberry Kisses (Bakery Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Raspberry Kisses (Bakery Romance, #1)

Raspberry Kisses

(Bakery Romance #1)

Facing eviction, Rhea Morrison, a young grieving widow, must save her failing bakery. Her
recently-injured twin sister, Raven, loans her money – stipulating Rhea attend a singles retreat to spy on Martin Lane, Raven’s new love interest. Disgruntled, Rhea attends the retreat and is attracted to Martin. She discovers that Martin can help save her bakery.

Pastor Martin laments
Published December 4th 2014 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Raspberry Kisses, please sign up.
Nancy I married one. Actually he wasn't a pastor when I married him. We attended Ozark Bible College later in the marriage.…moreI married one. Actually he wasn't a pastor when I married him. We attended Ozark Bible College later in the marriage.(less)

Start your review of Raspberry Kisses (Bakery Romance, #1)
Heidi
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a sweet story (pun intended!) that I found myself wanting to get back to it each time I had to put it down. The descriptions were so vivid, I felt like I was along for the ride with Rhea and Martin. I love how all the characters came around full circle and that love, faith, and forgiveness were such a strong theme throughout the book. The only character that I felt didn't come full circle was Mrs. Tucker. Who knows, maybe that may be elaborated on in another one.

I was given a copy of this b
Rebecca
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Rhea and Martin were absolutely wonderful to read about. This was a very well written book and I enjoyed it from beginning to end. I would highly recommend this book.
Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:

"Raspberry Kisses" by Cecelia Dowdy

My Thoughts....

I thought 'Raspberry Kisses' was a beautifully told Christian Love Story. This author did a good
job in telling the story that was about Rhea ,,,her twin sister, Raven...and Martin. Now, how these
three people tie into this well written story you will have to pick up this read to see who get with whom? Wh
Kristina
Dec 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Raspberry Kisses (The Bakery Romance Series – Book One) by Cecelia Dowdy is a Christian love story. Rhea owns a bakery and is a widow. Her bakery has not been doing well since a supermarket (with a bakery) moved in nearby. When Rhea’s twin sister, Raven, offers her a loan on the condition that she goes to a Christian retreat and keep an eye her “boyfriend” Martin. Rhea goes to the retreat and meets Martin Lane. Martin and Rhea have an instant connection and a lot in common. You will have to read ...more
Donni Pedersen
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A true man

The hero in this book is the kind of man any woman would dream of. He is sensitive and compassionate yet masculine and handsome. He doesn't play games with a woman's heart.
Sharon Simmons
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good book!

Another new author for me! I enjoyed this book, I laughed and cried while reading it. So glad Martin didn't give up on Rhea. I can't wait for Book 2 to come out!
Julie Carpenter
I received a copy of Cecelia Dowdy's book Raspberry Kisses for free and am excited to share my thoughts about it!

First off this was a great, clean Christian romance! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this novel and watching the characters working through their struggles and most of them relying on God to strengthen and guide them. There were lots of references to God and many times the characters would say silent prayers during their thoughts. I know many people don't always care for reading that but
Sally
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book by Cecelia Dowdy! It's a sweet Christian romance with lots of decadent bakery creations throughout the story. Rhea and Raven Simms are twin sisters. Rhea's husband died two years ago. He was a pastor and she has vowed to never fall in love with another minister.

Martin Lane is a minister asked to speak at a retreat. What is it about Rhea that draws him to her? She looks just like Raven, a lady that has been chasing him relentlessly to go out with him. Which sister will he choos
Amanda Clark
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
I did not enjoy this one at all. I came really close to quitting several times. Rhea is very whiny and quick to temper, but is always made to look like it's warranted, even when it's not. All of the women around her are made to look temperamental and ill, when she herself is too. The women in the book are either overweight or starve themselves. Pretty sure there wasn't an in-between.

The writing style is very formal and choppy, over explanatory in parts, and trying way too hard in others. The wr
Barbara
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I’ve read by author Cecelia Dowdy and since was a Christian novel I was really looking forward to it. I enjoyed the book but was a little disappointed by the ending. It was a nice story of a young women, Rhea, who lost her husband who was a pastor at a young age. She owned a bakery and was having financial trouble. She borrows money from her twin sister who has many issues. As the story goes along she meets another young pastor, Martin,¬ and they have mutual feels and attr ...more
Bonnie
This is a sweet, but complicated love story! Its about two Christians with one problem stacked on top of another, and things don't look very promising for them or their circumstances. Enjoyed reading how things developed and worked out, including with the other characters in the book. I recommend checking out one of Cecelia's other books First Mates! It was a really good fictional love story worth reading for sure! ...more
Mandi Morgan
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Rough to read

She’s so hateful to him and he keeps at her. I just couldn’t like this story. I felt horrible for Martin the whole time.
Linda Rainey
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Raspberry Kisses by Cecilia Dowdy is a sweet Christian Romance between Rhea and Martin.

I loved the characters and how they overcame obstacles, by prayer and trusting in the Lord.

My mouth waters from the descriptions of all the sweets.

A nice novel, Cecilia and I look forward to more books.

A copy of this book was given in exchange for an honest review
D
Dec 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Raspberry Kisses

I really wanted to be in love with this story, but I was not. It was good, but not great. I did not feel the connection between Rhea and Martin, they felt more like friends than a couple who was starting a relationship. I was 70% into the book before they admitted their feelings for one another and shared their first kiss.
Brianna
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
To be honest, I was never able to finish this. I thought it would be a light, enjoyable book to read but found that was more depth and nuances to the characters. I wasn't a fan of the characters and their personalities, in large part, Rhea and her whininess. I think the plot could be interesting to read but I wasn't able to discover that for myself as I was too turned off by the characters. ...more
DKM
Mar 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
This novel is filled with egregious grammatical errors ("most vainest," "with Raven and I," etc.). Hello? One cannot say "with I." Prepositions take the objective case pronoun even when the pronouns are compound objects. The pacing is also unrealistic. Characters' motivations are often weak or forced. It's a quick, easy read, but it is not worth purchasing. It was free on BookBub. ...more
Chris
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Raspberry Kisses is a neat book. Huge Hurdles, some we do to ourselves, Wonderful to see God in all of it, weaving through the difficult circumstances, You will absolutely enjoy reading this book....
Heather
Jan 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
Ashley
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy the book! It kept me interested.
Renay
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute quick read! Great characters and well written.
Ashlee
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
A little slow moving, but lovely story line.
PollyAnna Joy
Jun 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute!

As cute as Raspberry Kisses is, it was difficult to get through because of the grammar errors. There was one main type of error that was consistent throughout the whole book that made it very difficult to focus: IC,ccic. When the coordinating conjunction (for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so) separates two complete independent clauses, the comma is BEFORE the coordinating conjunction. Not after. And don't throw in random commas because you want to pause.

I LOVE the story. But the characters are u
Debbie
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Rhea went to the singles retreat for Raven her life will change. Rhea is struggling to keep her bakery open. When Raven offers her help she is shocked at the conditions. Martin is a amazing man,. The way he takes care of others is truly remarkable. When he helps Rhea get her bakery running smoothly she is surprised at the changes. Rhea is still struggling with the loss of Stan and is afraid to get into a relationship with another preacher. The author will have you on the edge of your seat w ...more
Penny Leidecker
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Faith and prayer is the answer

This is the first book I’ve read by Cecelia Dowdy, but it won’t be the last. Raspberry Kisses tells the story of Martin and Rhea and their journey to their happily ever after. They have many ups and downs and their pasts play a huge part in that. No spoilers, but if you’re looking for a clean romance read that is full of memorable characters, then grab your copy. You won’t be disappointed with this touching book.
Mary
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good storyline

So many topics, some seemed unfinished even in the epilogue. I wanted more on the sister's love, eating disorders, mental wellness and of course money management. Overall a great plot that I felt hungry for more. Can I look for more in "Shades of Chocolate" ?
Patricia M. Marston
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Is it to soon to love someone?

Being a twin can bring a multitudes of emotions. She's not only has to figure out how to solve financial, spiritual and emotional issues, but intertwined is the involvement of her twin Raven. A rewarding and fun read that everyone quill enjoy reading. I am looking forward to reading book 2.
Stefanie
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet romance

I really enjoyed Raspberry Kisses, Rhea and Martin's road to finding each other. I wish Rhea wouldn't have been so wishy washy though. She need to be stronger. The relationship between sisters was so well written. I'm looking forward to reading more of the series!
Michelle Smart
Aug 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Fun Christian romance. At times I felt like the characters were flat, despite the fact that the author added backstory pieces designed to give them depth. I found myself wanting more elaboration on a few of the side relationships.
Jess (Shepherdjel)
Jan 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I really didn't care much for this. I liked the Rhea and Martin love story at times but most the time it was frustrating. ...more
Elizabeth
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book just took me forever to read
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Chances Are (The Pacific Bay, #1)
  • Her Cowboy Billionaire Birthday Wish (Christmas in Coral Canyon #9)
  • Christmas on Main Street (Santa’s Secret Helpers #1)
  • Nixon's Promise (Gemini Group #1)
  • Love's Prayer (First Street Church Romances #1)
  • Safe In His Arms (Life Unexpected #1)
  • The Ghost of Christmas Past (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #8.5)
  • Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Wishing for A Hero, #3)
  • A Cowboy's Reunion (Family Ties, #1)
  • Forever Christmas (The Gilbert Girls, #5)
  • Make-Believe Fiancé (Make-Believe Series, #1)
  • Promises to Keep
  • Loving a Rebel: The Preacher's Daughter (Glory, Montana #1)
  • Miss Spelled (The Kitchen Witch, #1)
  • A Splash of Substance (Taste of Romance #1)
  • Last Day
  • Christmas at Camp Cedarwood: A heartwarming Christmas romance with mystery, laughter and plenty of fun!
  • She's Got Soul (Soulmates, #1)
Loving Luke (A Christmas Novella)(Cookies and Kisses):http://amzn.to/1LjHc3o

Raspberry Kisses - only 99 cents!!
A sweet, charming romance is available to order:

99-cent romance e-books available now!

I'm a Christian fiction author and I'm also a book reviewer. If interested in my novels, you can find them here:

Bakery Romance (7 books)
  • Shades Of Chocolate (Bakery Romance #2)
  • Sweet Dreams (Bakery Romance #3)
  • Sugar and Spice: A Christmas Novella (The Bakery Romance Series Book 4)
  • Southern Comfort (The Bakery Romance Series Book 5)
  • Sweet Delights (The Bakery Romance Series Book 6)
  • Cinnamon Kisses (The Bakery Romance Series Book 7)

News & Interviews