Start by marking “Bridges Burned (Zoe Chambers Mysteries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bridges Burned (Zoe Chambers Mysteries, #3)

Bridges Burned

(Zoe Chambers Mysteries #3)

Agatha Award Nominee for Best Contemporary Novel of 2015!

Paramedic Zoe Chambers is used to saving lives, but when she stops a man from running into a raging inferno in a futile attempt to rescue his wife, Zoe finds herself drawn to him, and even more so to his ten-year-old daughter. She invites them both to live at the farm while the grieving widower picks up the pieces of
Published April 7th 2015 by Henery Press (first published March 24th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Bridges Burned, please sign up.
Annette Dashofy YES! I am finishing the 4th in the series, With A Vengeance right now, and I'm contracted through SIX in the series!

Mark Baker
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, mystery
It all starts with an explosion. One of the few houses in a new subdivision explodes after the residents report smelling gas. While EMT Zoe Chambers isn’t on duty, she rushes to the scene to offer whatever aid she can. While she is there, she stops the distraught owner from rushing in to see if his wife was home. Sadly, the wife’s remains are found in the rubble. The fire investigator also find evidence that the gas leak and explosion that killed her wasn’t an accident. While police chief Pete A ...more
Heather Duff
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Henery Press for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review

Last year I had the great pleasure of experiencing my first novel by Annette Dashofy - Lost Legacy, the second book in the Zoe Chambers Mystery series (yes I started on Book 2!!) which was one of my five star reads of 2014.

I was really thrilled to see the third book in the series appear on my reading radar and as soon as it magically downloaded to my Kindle (seriously it never gets old, the pressing of the dow
LORI CASWELL
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
Dollycas’s Thoughts
This is the third book in this series and it really kept me on my toes.

Zoe and Pete are trying to take their relationship to the next level but keep facing roadblock after roadblock. One major roadblock occurs when Zoe decides to help a man and his daughter after his wife dies in a tragic fire. Pete just doesn’t trust the guy and Zoe is following her gut instinct. When the evidence starts to point to the man Pete turns up the heat to keep him away from Zoe but she douses the f
Bourne Morris
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful third book in the story of Zoe and Pete. This time Zoe helps prevent an attractive man from entering a burning house to save his wife.The wife is lost to the fire, but Zoe then offers the man and his daughter refuge at the Kroll's farm where she lives. Pete is worried and jealous about Zoe's new friendship because he suspects the man may be guilty of his wife's murder. This plot really moves as we learn more about the man, the fire, the wife and the possibility that Pete is right and ...more
Kim
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, net-galley, kindle, n
Zoe is a paramedic and stops a man rushing into a burning building to try to rescue his wife. She then offers him a home at her farm with his daughter.

The Police chief, Pete, is concerned about this as he suspects him of setting the fire to kill his wife. Lots of twists and turns where we consider who is right and whether Zoe could have put herself in danger. It puts a strain on their fledgling relationship- is he jealous?

This was part of a series I hadn’t read before- but I’m now keen to read m
HENERY PRESS PUBLISHING
“I’m a huge fan of Dashofy’s Zoe Chambers series...The action starts off with a bang and never lets up. Zoe's on the case, and she's a heroine you'll root for through the mystery's twists and turns—strong and bold, but vulnerable and relatable. I adore her, and you will, too.” – Lisa Scottoline, New York Times Bestselling Author
Debbie
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kept me guessing
Jenna
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Bridges Burned is the third book in Annette Dashofy's Zoe Chambers mystery series. It's an intensely suspenseful read and, I think, my favorite of the series to date. I so admire how Annette Dashofy brings her characters to life. She really gives each character a unique voice and that little detail is a huge reason why I so enjoy her writing and this series.

This book was a nail-biter, for sure! Zoe and Pete, friends and colleagues for some time, are navigating the waters of moving their friendsh
Andrea Guy
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love Annette Dashofy's Zoe Chamber's Mystery series.

Why?

It is set in a fictional county in PA that's near Pittsburgh. Mind you, when I started this series, it kind of through me, because I'm from the area and I knew there wasn't a Monongahela County.

In this book Zoe rescues a man from running into a burning building, only to find out his wife was in the house. The fire was caused by a natural gas explosion and Zoe finds herself getting a little close with the victim's family.

I had
Rose Griffith
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good third in the Zoe Chambers series.Things get complicated between Zoe and Pete as a complex mystery unfolds around them. People living in a house they were evicted from, a death, the possible loss of Zoe's home? Everything combines into a whirlwind mystery that keeps you guessing about which possible suspect could be the worst one of the bunch. I loved the commentary on the people who move out of the city to "enjoy" country life and then build fortresses and complain about the noises involved ...more
Betty
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
A fast moving action cozy mystery and romance set in rural Pennsylvania. I the story moves along and will keep your attention and the characters are well developed. Zoe is a paramedic and responses to accidents. She lives on a farm and has two cats and horse. While Pete is the Police chief of the town. and investigates the accidents.
Pete is mediating a domestic dispute over the height of the hedges and an explosion is heard. Both Zoe and Pete arrive at the area and find a house has exploded. Zoe
Debbie
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fast paced, fun, entertaining read that really had me guessing who was the killer until close to the very end. As usual another Henery Press publication did not fail to entertain. And Annette Dashofy does not fail In her third in the series of Zoe Chambers, a paramedic who is really wanting to be a CSI expert.

I highly recommend this, as well as, her other books.

Thank you Henery Press and Net Galley for providing me with this free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.
M.E.
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Once again, I was privileged to read an advanced copy of this book.

A stellar third installment. The plot revs up fast and stays revved until the last page. I admire Dashofy for taking Zoe right to the edge - and perhaps dropping her off it, depending on your perspective. Facing a lot of loss, you see right into Zoe's heart.

And for those of you waiting for the Zoe/Pete relationship to settle itself, well, I can only say this book will not disappoint in that area, either.
Verity W
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I usally like this series slightly more than this - but here Zoe is too close to the too stupid to live/foolhardy/willfully blind line for me. I like the mystery and continue to like the characters, but thought that this was needlessly manufacturing some of the conflict between Pete and Zoe.
Cathy Hooper
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
This is a great little mystery series. The characters are believable (though like any series you have to suspend belief that this much tragedy and mayhem could hit one town and character). My favorite thing is that the relationship between the two main characters is progressing slowly and with a few hitches, but it is moving along. Too many series don’t allow the characters to grow, change and develop. The mystery keeps you guessing until nearly the end, and there is plenty of suspense.
Susan
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Seriously, every book gets better. I had to force myself to put the book down. Even though I knew the culprit very early on, the authorities wavering was so realistic, based on what they knew and didn't know at any given time. Zoe & Pete--all the characters--are amazing. Everything is strong writing-wise, and there aren't even any grammatical errors (thank the grammar gods). I cannot recommend this series highly enough. I know have two people on my must buy list.
Rosemary Dreyer
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 1/2 Stars: The previous book I read was expertly crafted. Unfortunately, this colored my experience of this novel. Bridges Burned was just an okay mystery. Often, the writing was melodramatic or left big holes. The characters were mostly likable but their actions bordered on unbelievable. I couldn’t reckon with the histrionics of Pete and Zoe. Skips in logic left the overall story limping along. Just a so-so book.
Peggy
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I do enjoy Zoe Chambers Mysteries, there times I don't want to keep reading the story, I don't want to know what happens, and Bridges Burned was no different, I enjoyed this book all the way to the end, I am reading them from 1 to 5, but a person won't have too. They are fast read and they keep you guessing.
Jen
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
The mystery was pretty good, although the main villain was obvious from the get-go.

The romance was pretty lame. I get that the author wanted to keep the tension going, but I find their extreme ups and downs pretty unrealistic.
Walter
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Page turner

Excellent writing. Couldn't put it down. It keeps you guessing until the end. I feel that the characters are people I have known.
Chris
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well put together mystery with a frustrating relationship in the background. Hard to put down!
Diane
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Another great read in the Zoe Chambers series. Once started it was hard to put down. Can’t wait to read the next one!
Doris Ivy
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series

I love really getting into a book, and when I don't want it to end, that is a 5 star rating for me.
Rosalee Pituch
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nail biter

Exciting story that always keeps the reader guessing. Zoe Chambers at her best. A must read if you are enjoying this series.
Erinne
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Another great addition to this series. I thoroughly enjoy all the characters and look forward to many more in this series.
JoAnne McMaster (Any Good Book)
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ISBN: 9781941962398
ASIN: B00RY9ZW94
Reviewer: DelAnne
Reviewed For: NetGalley

The action starts from the very beginning of Bridges Burned. When Zoe keeps a young man from going into a burning building to try and save his wife, which Zoe is impossible. She saves his life and seeing his grief, she asks
Randee Baty
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, netgalley
The first book in this series was very good though it went a few places that I was uncomfortable with. The second book was wonderful! The plot line was good, the characters were real, the mystery was puzzling, the whole things was just the kind of contemporary mystery I love. I was really look forward to this one. Once again the plot was good and the mystery was well-crafted but the characters! I wanted to slap them over and over and really, I don't think Zoe acted like herself at all. I hope th ...more
Jane Reads
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bridges Burned, by Annette Dashofy, is the third book in her Zoe Chambers Mysteries series, and the best one yet! The writing is first-rate. with many twists and turns in the plot. I couldn't put it down, and finished it in one day. Bridges Burned is a real page-turner!

The action in Bridges Burned moves quickly, from the explosive beginning to the climactic ending. I love the ending! I can't wait to read the next book!

The events are told from the alternating points of view of the main character
Toni
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in a series by Annette Dashofy. I started reading the series on book two, Lost Legacy. I tend to read series out of order, and if I can keep it all straight, I know the author is doing a great job of relaying info from other books into the new book. Dashofy is doing a fantastic job. Every Zoe Chambers mystery is like being on an adrenaline rush.

Dashofy weaves a complex mystery that you think you have it all figured out... and then you don't. I love authors who can surpris
  • Death by Blue Water (A Hayden Kent Mystery #1)
  • Embellished to Death (Faith Hunter Scrap This Mystery, #3)
  • Heartache Motel
  • With Vics You Get Eggroll (Mad for Mod Mystery, #3)
  • Quicksand (Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery, #3)
  • Diner Impossible  (Rose Strickland Mystery, #3)
  • Finding Sky (Nicki Valentine Mystery, #1)
  • Swan Dive (An Elliott Lisbon Mystery, #3)
  • The Bullet Catch (An Eli Marks Mystery #2)
  • MacDeath (An Ivy Meadows Mystery, #1)
  • Small Town Spin
  • Nun Too Soon (Giulia Driscoll #1)
  • Killer Image (Allison Campbell Mystery #1)
  • Shadow Of Doubt (The Carol Childs Mysteries, #1)
  • Fatal Brushstroke (Aurora Anderson Mystery #1)
USA Today bestselling author Annette Dashofy has spent her entire life in rural Pennsylvania surrounded by cattle and horses. When she wasn’t roaming the family’s farm or playing in the barn, she could be found reading or writing. After high school, she spent five years as an EMT on the local ambulance service, dealing with everything from drunks passing out on the sidewalk to mangled bodies in ca ...more

Zoe Chambers Mysteries (8 books)
  • Circle of Influence (Zoe Chambers Mysteries, #1)
  • Lost Legacy (Zoe Chambers Mysteries, #2)
  • With a Vengeance (Zoe Chambers Mysteries, #4)
  • No Way Home (Zoe Chambers Mysteries, #5)
  • Uneasy Prey (Zoe Chambers Mysteries #6)
  • Cry Wolf (Zoe Chambers Mysteries #7)
  • Fair Game (Zoe Chambers Mysteries #8)