Start by marking “Dancing with Mistletoe: A Holiday Story” as Want to Read:
Dancing with Mistletoe: A Holiday Story

Dancing with Mistletoe: A Holiday Story

(Jack and Julia #1.5)

When it comes to Christmas presents, it’s not the size that matters . . .
A sparkling, entertaining story that will leave you laughing and in the holiday mood.

It’s December 21st, 1981 in New York City, and the holidays are approaching fast. But up-and-coming book editor Julia Nash isn’t too busy to notice that her boyfriend has only put one small gift under the tree. At l
Published November 5th 2014 by Percambio Press

To ask other readers questions about Dancing with Mistletoe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing with Mistletoe

Annette Young
Dec 12, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm first going to start off my saying that I took a chance on this book because I am always keen to find new authors and to try to extend my reading range (usually mysteries or crime).

My own preference is to read a book that is hugely gripping and highly compelling. I like grisly crime stories and a myriad of complex sub-plots. Dancing with Mistletoe is not that and the cover and the description are very clear.

I like characters to have many obstacles to overcome but the main character Julia i
Noelle
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a cute little novella. Vicky and Julia talking about the Christmas presents are hilarious. And the way Julia describes Jack is so sweet. It's obvious how much they love each other. This was the perfect holiday read. It reminds me why I love Christmas so much: opening presents, making cookies, snowball fights, snow angels, friends, family, love, thoughtfulness, and Christmas spirit.

Favorite quotes:

"Quietly I padded over to the edge of the mattress and gazed at his handsome face framed by dis
Carol
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
What do you get a British rockstar for Christmas? What does
he get you?
This quick read entertaining story will answer your questions.
This story is definitely a good holiday read. The author gives us
romance with a touch of humor.
Very entertaining!!
Monica
Oct 01, 2015 rated it liked it
I went into this not knowing that it was in a series of sorts. However, I thought it read well as a standalone. This is the story of Julia who fell in love with a famous musician Jack and her life as it has turned upside down but for the good. We have these thoughts of famous musicians who are reckless and cheaters, but I loved how Jack is the exception to the rule. This is a true love story of a girl who simply fell in love with someone who truly loves her back. I also loved that it was set in ...more
Sm
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
apparently I failed to realize that this was a christmas supplement to a novel called Come Dancing. unfortunately, I realized that only at the end of this story.

the whole time I just kept thinking: what am I missing? why am I just reading about this woman counting down to christmas and just flying by the interesting stuff?

well, that's because all of those nice details and emotions were probably already covered in the full novel.

I think I would have liked this if I read it in order, after Come Da
Suzanne Marble
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lovely tale of rock star and average Joe

This story was quite slow at first, starting off with a get together and two women gossiping over presents one should or shouldn't get. It then takes on a life of its own as a quick read for a snow day. Great sentence structure tires and a multitude of great rarely used words. Well written and sweetly finished. Only downside is this book wasn't descriptive in any sense besides talking sensual about the men.
A.L.
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of romance and holidays
I read Dancing with Mistletoe in less than an hour but the fact that I didn't notice the time passing surprised me, as did this neat little story about a young woman and her rocker boyfriend. It drew me in and kept me there. Good writing is a gift and Leslie Wells is a gifted storyteller. This is what reading is all about - losing yourself in another time and place. Good holiday story.
Dee
Dec 15, 2014 rated it liked it
What's under the tree?

Really cute, I loved the simplicity of the story and it felt so real. The story is written as if the writer had lived this. Cute but a little sexy, short but not too short. You will really enjoy this.
Tia
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
A short sweet Christmas story about a young woman and her gorgeous British rockstar boyfriend. I don't want to give anything away so I'll just say if you're looking for a quick read to put you in the holiday spirit then this would be a great book to read.
Cyndi Becker
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dancing with Mistletoe is a sweet little Novella that fills a week between the end of Come Dancing and the start of Keep Dancing. If you are reading the series, don’t miss it and if possible read between the two. Christmas in NY is magical (especially with Jack Kipling).
Karen
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rocker
it will only take a brief little while to read but its quite sweet and will get you in Christmas spirit in a chick lit minute.
Cindy S
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
A short piece of a novel "Come Dancing". Cute but hard to get into since I didn't know the back story that well.
Beautiful_Jade
Nov 28, 2014 rated it liked it
A cute seasonal story.

The three stars is because I don't really enjoy short stories, not a reflection of the writing.
Paula
Marina Reyes
Nov 25, 2014
Mindy Conde
Aug 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Short but fun little novella.
Dawn Witek
Jan 03, 2015
Gloria Portillo
Dec 06, 2014
Robin
Dec 25, 2016
Kat
rated it did not like it
Dec 02, 2014
Lauri
Apr 23, 2015
Davinia Martinez
May 23, 2015
Leslie Wells has edited forty-eight New York Times bestsellers in her over thirty-year career, including thirteen number one New York Times bestsellers. She has worked with numerous internationally known authors, musicians, actors, actresses, television and radio personalities, athletes, and coaches. She lives on Long Island, New York.

More about me:
Growing up in my small town in Virginia, I always

Jack and Julia (2 books)
  • Come Dancing (Jack and Julia #1)
  • Keep Dancing (Jack and Julia #2)