Start by marking “Generation M (The Toucan Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Generation M (The Toucan Trilogy, #3)

Generation M

(The Toucan Trilogy #3)

An alternate cover edition can be found here.

Coldly implementing their vision of the future, CDC scientists allow a lethal infection to become an epidemic outside the colonies.

Abby, her body wracked by the infection, begins a desperate journey to find her brother Jordan and her little sister Toucan, and save the lives of millions.
Published November 2nd 2014 (first published September 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Generation M, please sign up.
La La The ebook is on Amazon. If you get Book Bub emails the entire trilogy goes on special every once in awhile. I got the three ebook bundle for 99¢.

Michele Jordan
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Generation M finally! I read the book in two days. I had to work or it would have been just the one day. I cried and did some laughing. The children in this series had to grow up so fast. As I was reading this book I was thinking of my grand children and trying to see this from their point of view. They are 7 and 4 yrs of age. I could see my grandson taking his sister and caring for her the way Abbey and Jordan took care of Lisette. (Toucan) As I was reading Generation M I was not surprised that ...more
Pat Kahn
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd and final book in the Toucan Trilogy. I'm assuming they are YA books, although they say for all ages and certainly most of the reviews were written by adults. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire series. The first book, "Night of the Purple Moon", started a bit slow, but was pretty good. The books follow the progress of a group of teens and younger children who survived when a purple sky and moon caused chemicals in the atmosphere to kill all over puberty. The premise is not completel ...more
Charles Daniel
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Happy Ending?

Relatively speaking (pun intended), this Distopian Trilogy does have a happy ending for the main characters and for a good number of the secondary characters as well. Overall, the trilogy doesn't paint as desperate and dark a picture of the chaos that would ensue with the death of nearly every adult and post pubescent child on the planet. Even if the survivors didn't succumb to the same disease on attaining puberty, I would expect the human race to come to an end within twenty yea
Laura Martinez
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last book in this series, was awesome! I finished this book in a day. It was that good!! It certainly took some
Twists and turns and it definitely had me on the edge of my seat but man!! So good!! If YA dystopian series with a little bit of sci fi is what you like i highly recommend this book! Really good and I usually don’t read a lot of sci fi either. So worth it!!

Would love it if this book is on audible. Please!! Would love to complete my audible collection. :)
Jimmy Mcphink
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Each book seemed to get a little worse. The 1st book I really enjoyed. I thought a couple things in this book, which I won't mention, were just really unrealistic. One thing that happened we don't even have the medial technology to do with all our medical wonders but somehow they did it. That's all I'm saying.
Laurie Hopkins
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: apocalyptic
Good

Funny how Perkins knew not about what people are really like. Abbey was one determined girl,she grew up fast, as did every one.
sh(e)reader
Jan 13, 2015 rated it liked it
I read book 2 and 3 back to back, and feel like they were just one long story. The first installment was it's own story. I almost felt like the first couple chapters of book 2 could have been included in the first book. It picks up right where the last book ended. After those first chapters it jumps a couple years and then a new direction (characters/settings) starts.

I don't remember the first book jumping around SO much. There are many characters, all doing separate things. The chapters switch
Flora Smith
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the last of the Toucan Trilogy and I have enjoyed them all.

Generation M wraps up the story of Toucan and her brother Jordan and sister Abbey after the Night of the Purple Moon. Cramer did a wonderful job of bringing this story to life. I kept thinking about how much older the characters seemed than their ages and I know its because they have had to grow up so fast. They were forced into adult roles before they should have been. And they answered the challenged very well. Their parents wo
Emmanuelle
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great conclusion to the Toucan Trilogy. This book certainly took paths that I did NOT expect but it played out so well. The story continues with Toucan having a hard time accepting the lies the Colony is trying to feed her, Abby struggling to keep control of herself despite being infected with the Pig and other favorite characters scattered all over the U.S. As the Survivors of the Night of the Purple Moon struggle to make a new life for themselves, the Pig virus threatens the relationship of ev ...more
Paul DiBara
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This third installment of the series was also its crescendo. The intensity reaches its peak in action and emotion. The author does a masterful job of weaving a mosaic of disparate characters, helping to keep the story interesting but not confusing.

The flow of the story is so compelling that it stays on your mind when you have to pause or break for any length of time.

My only criticism, and it is very minor, is its realism. I just had a difficult time accepting the presumption of how things would
Angela
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lauren Kneller
This book was the perfect end to a great trilogy. I liked that throughout this series there was sadness yes but also triumph. The book was very realistic as to how I would imagine something as horrible as the Purple Moon would effect everyone, especially the children. This book was also great because it did not end on a 100% unrealistic happy note. Most of the conflict was resolved but there are still things to be worked out just like it would be in life as we know it. Kids can be very childish ...more
Brandy
This is the final book in a trilogy. I think it was a good end to the story & wrapped up all of the loose ends. I won't give anything away here, but I do want to say that I am betting that the ending is different from the original, unedited story. I could be wrong, who knows? I also want to say that I did not like the character Toby much & did not see him where he wound up in the end. If you have read the first 2 books in the series & are unsure about continuing the series, this does ...more
Clare Jones
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the first book in this trilogy with some trepidation, thinking it may be too young for me, since I am neither teen or young adult but it was so beautifully written, I couldn't wait to read the rest.
I always thought that if I can finish a book and sit back with a smug "I really enjoyed that" then it's a good read.
I have altered my belief since finishing the Toucan trilogy, I now apparently need to cry, laugh, want to batter people, love, hug, comfort , heal, kill and ultimately belong to
Jenn
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Toucan trilogy is a wonderful series. This is book three in the trilogy and picks up where book two left off.

Wow! What a great ending to a great story. This book is well written, has a great story line with some good twists and turns that were not predictable, great characters and a great ending. I am a slow reader and I read this in one night. That's how awesome this book is!

If you enjoy a good story of family, strength, determination and grit in a near future world scenario then pick up th
Janet
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
such a terrific series!

In so happy with the resolution of this story. It was hopeful and satisfying. The story is a realistic exploration of what a catastrophic annihilation of the majority of the adult human population. I love the resilience and perseverance that the survivors showed in learning to navigate in a world that is so different from pre comet days. I will definitely recommend this story.
Carol
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-kindle
The long awaited last of this trilogy .. and worth the wait.. though I did have to re-read the first 2 before really getting into this one. As I said in my earlier reviews it is so nice to find a trilogy that gets better and better - so many of them really let the reader down with subsequent publications.

The Toucan Trilogy really delivers - a very different dystopian world and this final ending was rather unexpected (which I love :) ).
Toni
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a well written futuristic teen fantasy that easily slipped between the "real world" and the fantasy world where all the adults have died and left kids in charge. The trilogy gets the kids through 2 world-wide epidemics and an evil plot by surviving adults (who were underground when the other adults died)to breed a new Super Race. The real story is how the kids coped and learned and built their own communities. Great author, I will read more from Scott Cramer.
Nicole Storey
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Toucan Trilogy is one of the best dystopian stories I've ever read. The plot is gripping and unique, the characters become family, and you simply can't put the books down once you start reading.
Cramer finished his trilogy magnificently but I hated to see it end. I hope we'll hear more from the characters in the future. It would be a shame not to see what direction this topsy-turvy world ends up taking. I highly recommend these books.
Dj Acrey
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Trilogy!!!

I just love the characters of this story, each book could stand alone, but I don't see how anyone could just read one of them and not need to read the rest, I tried to read it slower towards the end as I didn't want to close the book on the characters that I fell in love with lol A MUST READ!!!
Cathy
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
This was a great conclusion to a disturbing yet engaging story. I think all adults should read this and learn that our children really are more than just kids, and if given the opportunity (or thrown into it such as the kids in this trilogy are) they can and will step up to the plate. Cramer weaves a story that is engrossing that I did not want to put down.
Brian White
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like may YA books this one is not terribly complex in its characterizations. I have, however, enjoyed this series and am glad to have finished the story of Abby and her brother and sister. Having conceded its limitations I did find the novels entertaining and touching. Scott Cramer has written a compelling saga of love, strength and devotion.
Tammy Lindey
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Absolutely loved this book. I'd like to believe that if something like this ever happened that the children would band together and try to help each other. Unfortunately, most would be too scared or too hungry to care.

I loved this book, but I would have enjoyed seeing Touk reunited with Abby and Jordan for real.
Elizabeth
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Trilogy!

This series was a great read, filled with action, courage, and sacrifice. I stayed engaged with the characters and story the whole time and felt the all too familiar feeling of disappointment that comes when you finish a good book. I would love to see more from this author, especially if he chose to visit these characters again.
Jaime
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meh. This book dragged on. It seemed like the author started detailing a lot more than the other two books. It was hard to finish this one, the whole time I just wanted it to be over already. The whole new epidemic thing was overdone, in my opinion.
Nancy
Jan 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked all three of this trilogy. Part of that might be that I am sometimes OCD about finishing something I've started. But, I did enjoy the reading and felt compelled to continue so I could see the outcome. I cared about the characters.
Hillary
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The series was enjoyable and got better as the series continued. It isn't a strong 4 star but better than a 3. I guess you can say the series was my fluff/light books from some heavier topics I have been reading.
Norma Mason
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The last one

The book was a little off at the start. I reread the last in the series before I started this one, and it still took me a while to get used to it. but I was able to get on board finally. I refuse to write spoilers, so I d better stop here.
Sally Hannoush
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last book in the trilogy. I sadly could not finish it for reasons I don't want to say-it had nothing to do with the story itself. But I did like the first two books and what I did get to read of this one. I would recommend the trilogy.
Mary Hollis
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Easy read, definitely for teens

The whole series is interesting, even for adult readers. The author has a firm grip on the workings of the adolescent mind, and the character development was thorough and consistent. I wish it had ended differently though!
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tragedy

This is a wonderful series, it felt like I was inside the story. It was like I was standing by Abby, toucan, and Jordan. All the events and bumps in the road they went through. Wow they are strong
Goodreads Librari...: Please add paperback edition 3 18 Oct 23, 2014 03:18PM

• Rise of the Demons (Oceans of Red #1)
  • Rise of the Chosen (Lifeblood, #1)
  • Destiny Be Damned (Last Hope, #3)
  • The Timekeeper’s Moon (Farwalker Trilogy, #2)
  • The Way
  • Benton (Benton #3)
  • Reapers (Breakers, #4)
  • Jericho Season 4 (Jericho Graphic Novels #2)
  • Book of Mercy
  • Desolate
  • Icon
  • Throne
  • The Life and Prayers of Saint Joan of Arc
  • Cloud Crash: A Technothriller
  • Magnus Opum
  • Rebel Nation (Viral Nation, #2)
  • The Lost (Zombie Ocean, #2)
  • Just One (Dangerously Dimpled, #1.5)
Scott Cramer has optioned two screenplays, written for national magazines, and authored four novels: EDEN CHIP and the TOUCAN TRILOGY (Night of the Purple Moon, Colony East & Generation M). Scott and his wife reside outside Lowell, Massachusetts.

facebook.com/AuthorScottCramer

The Toucan Trilogy (3 books)
  • Night of the Purple Moon (The Toucan Trilogy, #1)
  • Colony East (The Toucan Trilogy, #2)