Start by marking “Desert Foxe (Skyler Foxe #5)” as Want to Read:
Desert Foxe (Skyler Foxe #5)

Desert Foxe

(Skyler Foxe Mysteries #5)

Skyler and his friends go to Palm Springs for the annual White Party and find murder!

Out and proud high school English teacher Skyler Foxe and his posse of friends go to the annual Palm Springs White Party for a weekend of fun, frivolity, and luscious men. But there are boy troubles of all kinds ahead. Skyler's boyfriend and high school coach Keith Fletcher has to endure a
Published November 7th 2014 by MLR Press

To ask other readers questions about Desert Foxe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desert Foxe

Anke
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
More like 4.5 stars

Although the story around the murder was rather far-fetched, nevertheless it was very entertaining and I liked following the SFC along.
Ami

Apparently, even when Skyler Foxe leaves to Palm Spring, murder and mayhem still a way to find him! *laugh*.

Skyler, Keith, and the rest of the SFC posse go together to attend the annual White Party. But then when dancing, one of the guests is murdered. Turns out he was an FBI agent who went undercover to reveal illegal gun selling. Since Skyler bears resemblance to the deceased, the other FBI agents involved with the case rope him to replace the guy.

Desert Foxe takes a slight depart
Amy
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***Audiobook***Narrated by Joel Leslie***More shenanigans with Skyler and the SFC! This time they are in Palm Springs for the White Party and find themselves mixed up in an FBI investigation of Indian gangs manufacturing and selling illegal guns. Excellent narration as always from Joel Leslie. 5 stars!!
Mark
This series just keeps getting better and better for me. The SFC is back and this time Skyler gets to play with the big boys. No, I’m not talking about appendage size here - lol! I’m talking about the fact he gets his chance to go undercover for real with the FBI. So yes, this is most definitely notching Skyler’s investigation talents up a notch for sure and as usual it’s something he never plans but just wrong place wrong time again.

Every year Skyler and his friends go to a “white party” at Pal
Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~

Yes! Time for more fun and hijinks with Skylar, Keith and the SFC. This time, they're heading for the White Party in Palm Springs for a weekend of sexy good times with their boyfriends. Murder and Mayhem - and a couple of delinquent teens - have other ideas.

This was fun, and funny. I laughed several times, and I still enjoy hanging around with these guys. Walsh mixed things up a bit. Nearly the entire story takes place within a 24-hour time span, and most of that over the course of the
Viv
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Another wonderful mystery for Skyler Foxe and the Scooby gang! I loved getting POVs from the other characters and Keith is redeemed after his crappy behavior in the last book. Everyone was a hero in some way or another. Joel Leslie gives life to every one of these characters and I absolutely love the audiobooks. I can't wait to start the next one!

Trisha Harrington
I can't wait for more!
BWT (Belen)
Belens Audio Book Review

My favorite TSTL English teacher / amateur sleuth Skyler Foxe is back and going on vacation to Palm Springs for the annual White Party and bringing the SFC and his boo, Keith, along for the ride. What could possibly go wrong?

Well, murder, underage kids sneaking into the party, relationships hanging by a thread, skinny dipping, butt plugs and cock rings...

This series is just plain fun to listen to.

While the rest of the series has focused on Skyler's POV, I loved that Walsh switched it up this ti
Dana
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
I really enjoyed this story with several characters getting some pov time. Jamie and Keith get pulled into another mystery, and you can see the growing trust between them as they head to a circuit party in Palm Springs. There is a peek into Rodolfo and Phillip's relationship. Phillip has always seemed sort of colder than the rest of the SFC so it was cool to see his thoughts. Jamie and Dave are a fairly newer couple and you can see how they are still in the having fun phase and not ready for set ...more
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
***Audiobook Review***

So, I’m a bit of an audiobook snob. I shunned it for a LONG time - listening to a book is NOT reading a book; and I’m still EXTREMELY picky when it comes to selecting which books I listen to and which vocal performers I put on my short list of favorites. I can say without a doubt that I would rather listen to this series than read it (and trust me…that’s a HUGE compliment).

Joel Leslie IS these characters to me…and if I were to just read it myself, I’d hear his voice in my
Debra Guyette
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Desert Foxe is the fifth book in this series and they just keep getting better. Skyler and his group of friends go to the annual Palm Springs White Party, amidst some drama and reservations. Arriving, Keith, Skyler’s boyfriend, is not happy with the number of ex-hookups present and another one of the group winds up solo. It does not take long for trouble to come Skyler’s way in the form of a man murdered, dropping right at Skyler’s feet. Skyler, of course, cannot keep out of the investigation es
Bogusia
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 stars
I like everything I've read so far by Haley Walsh!
I loved the development of all the side characters and their relationships in this book!
If you haven't started this series yet, I highly recommend it :)
Kristy Johnston
I can appreciate that the author wanted to change things up by providing different points of view in this installment to the series, but honestly the execution of the timing was off so much that it seriously put me out.

At one point two characters enter the maintenance hall in the hotel to find another two characters in a skirmish. Following that a different set of two characters follow the same two characters away from the reservation, which is then followed by the same two characters still on t
Tj
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible, read-2018
Although the story line was far-fetched at best, I enjoyed the story. We got to see more of the everyone's life and story. I loved all of the characters. It was very typical of the Foxe series. It was a fun, unbelievable story.
Love Bytes Reviews
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 star review by Rhonda

At last!!! A book out of a series that the author claims can be a standalone novel that really is! Even if I hadn’t read one of the previous novels of this series, I would have been able to sit and read this book without wondering what was going on to get the characters here. Bravo! We also have a wonderful story with lots of sex, passion and intrigue that kept me up all night wondering what happens next.

We begin with Skyler Foxe, a high school English lit teacher and his
Dee
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bought, audible
This was a really good one.
Inked Reads
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Although this book is in a series it can be read as a stand alone. I give this book 4 stars.
This book is all page turning action with a touch of romance. I never knew what to expect next. With just enough twist and turns to keep you on the edge, but not loose you, it is a great read.
I love that these guys don't have a problem putting their life on the line to save others, or to get the bad guy, even when they are on vacation. There selfless nature makes it hard to not fall in love with them. The
Devan Huff
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This review was first published on Nautical Star Books . I received a copy of this book at no charge from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

Desert Foxe is actually the first book of the Skyler Foxe mystery series that I have read. While knowing the character’s histories would have been nice, I was able to easily follow the story without having read any of the previous books.

Skyler and his friends are heading to Palm Springs to the White Party. What is the Wh
QUEERcentric Books
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Jay Chase for QUEERcentric Books

Desert Foxe is book five in the Skyler Foxe Mysteries series by Haley Walsh and continues the crazy antics of the young English teacher turned amateur sleuth, Skyler Foxe.

This time around Skyler, his boyfriend Keith, and their friends all head to the annual Palm Springs White Party, a tradition for the SFC. This year’s excursion is about having a good time since the guys have found themselves attached. With jealousy rising and tempers flaring,
Matt
Apr 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-of-2016
To begin with, I love the Tyler Foxe Mysteries series. No, it's not great, edifying literature; neither is it terribly original, but it so undeniably charming and fun, an aspect that is only enhanced by Joel Leslie's voice acting which not only creates distinctive characters but helps sell some of the more ridiculous writing. Even the sex scenes-which normally aren't really my thing-are compelling despite the occasional over the top ridiculousness (see: butt plug).

That said, this book was just
Bo
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Bit of a Hoot and A Lot of Love

This installment in an always plot-innovative series brings together virtually every character who has been introduced by author Walsh along the way, and the meeting place is absolutely incongruous for this whole crowd: The annual gay White Party in Palm Springs, where Skyler, his lover Keith, the members of the SFFC (you have to read the first book to get the definition), their cop friends and two of Skyler's besotted students all show up in one way shape or for
Molly Lolly
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Original review on Molly Lolly
Four stars!
So I said book 4 was my favorite of the series so far, but now that I’ve read this one, book 5, THIS one is my favorite. This book was so good. I loved how Skyler’s friends were important parts of helping this time. They weren’t reluctantly led in by Skyler like before. They came in to help at logical times when their assistance was warranted. It was interesting to see into their heads some and their thought processes. I loved that we saw them get closer
Niki
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This 5th installment in this very engaging series is so much fun and action packed. Previous books are restricted to Skyler's viewpoint. But this time I love that all the well loved characters in this series are given their own point of view, which inject so much life and fun into the whole story. I also love that Alex and Rick have joined the little family of Skyler, Keith, Sydney and our SFC boys. The crime itself could be better thought out but this is more than compensated by the fun, fast p ...more
Sharon Cox
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fbi, mystery, m-m, murder
I love reading a series as I can gain so much with each new book. Desert Foxe is no exception. This time the friends are travelling to a White Party and of course there is murder, mystery and mayhem. How's that for alliteration?
Skyler ends up impersonating a murdered agent, helps to investigate a stolen guns crime, solves a murder, helps his friends survive relationship woes and this all happens within a very small time frame.
What a ride it was. The writing was excellent - but I expect that from
Riva
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny, audio-version
Audiobook Review:

This is my favorite of the series so far. Primarily because we finally have other character's POVs. Skylar and Keith of course, but also all the SFC, Rick, Alex and Sidney, YEAH!!!! It is so great to hear from those guys. They are active participants in the latest murder mystery (which is one of the best with a surprise twist I didn't see coming) and we also hear how they feel about their respective relationships. I hope we continue to hear from them. As for Joel Leslie, what is
Renee Henshaw
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the Skyler Foxe books, but fans of the series will this even more as it is written from not just Skyler's POV. Being in Keith's head was so good, and I hope Haley continues to do so in future books.

The story was a typical Skler mystery, at the White Party in Palm Springs, it was a fun and quick read.
Ronnie Benion
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
As with all of the Skyler Foxe Mysteries, I enjoyed this book! While I wasn't a huge fan of the term "Indians" being used to refer to Native Americans, I did enjoy the shifts in POV as it allowed the reader to get to know other characters more intimately.
Roclaf Alter -Ego
Skyler's adventures are always entertaining.
Anne Barwell
Apr 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, m-m
3.5 Loved the premise of two high school teachers (although one isn't just a teacher) getting involved in this kind of plot. I enjoyed the action scenes and the twists in the story.
Jason
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book of the series! Mainly because it told different POV and that made it so much more cooler! Well done Haley!! Really enjoyed it!!

• Cited to Death (Jamie Brodie Mystery, #1)
  • Home Work (Life Lessons, #3)
  • Blow Down (The Plumber's Mate, #4)
  • Jury of One (Lindenshaw Mysteries, #2)
  • Secrets (The Full Nelson #1)
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • Inferno
  • One Man's Treasure (Bellingham Mysteries, #4)
  • With This Bling (Romano and Albright, #3)
  • Laurel Heights 2 (Laurel Heights, #2)
  • Second You Sin (Kevin Connor Mystery #2)
  • Feral (Shelter, #1)
  • Death by Misfortune (Bill Turner, #2)
  • Bitter Legacy
  • Forever (Spy vs. Spook #3)
  • Slasherazzi
  • Spin Out (Deputy Joe, #2)
  • Dark Economy
Haley Walsh tried acting, but decided the actor’s life was not for her. Instead, she became a successful graphic designer in Los Angeles, her hometown. After fifteen years of burning money in the ’80s and early ’90s, she retired from the graphics industry and turned her interests toward writing. She became a freelance newspaper reporter, wrote articles for quirky magazines, published award-winning ...more

Skyler Foxe Mysteries (8 books)
  • Foxe Tail (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #1)
  • Foxe Hunt (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #2)
  • Out-Foxed (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #3)
  • Foxe Fire (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #4)
  • Crazy Like a Foxe (Skyler Foxe Mysteries, #6)
  • Stone Cold Foxe  (Skyler Foxe Mysteries, #7)
  • Foxe in the Hen House (Skyler Foxe Mysteries, #8)