Start by marking “The Forbidden Man (Edge of Scandal, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Forbidden Man (Edge of Scandal, #1)

The Forbidden Man

(Edge of Scandal #1)

In Love With the Wrong Man

Sydney Williams has forgiven her fiancé, Den, more times than she can count. But his latest betrayal just days before their wedding is too big to ignore. Shocking her friends and family, she calls off the engagement. She walks out on Den . . . and into the arms of his brother, Morgan.

Known as a player, Morgan Smith has secretly spent years
Published July 28th 2015 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about The Forbidden Man, please sign up.
L. Wright Yes. It stands alone. The first book in a series about 6 friends.

Start your review of The Forbidden Man (Edge of Scandal, #1)
Tanishia Pearson
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
MY REVIEW OF "THE FORBIDDEN MAN" by Elle Wright!

Listen people! If you want a juicy, awesome, well-written romance novel, this is your book. The characters are well-developed. You love them. You hate them. Some you even love to hate. Either way this is a romantic ride filled with forbidden love, forbidden desires and it explodes into an altogether hot mess that will keep you frantically turning the pages. Oooooooh I enjoyed this book!

Sydney, has had all she can take of her fiancé, Den's cheating
Beeg Panda
African Americans on the Move Book Club
This is a pretty good book. It was well written. It keep me interested in what was going to happen next. The action starts right in the beginning of the book which is awesome. The characters background didn’t take up chapters and chapters of the book but you still got a since of who they were. You learn about them as you read the story. Now as for how much action and drama there was in the book there wasn’t much. I kind of knew how the book would end before I got to the end. I was hoping for ...more
Book Reading Gals
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: The Forbidden Man

Series: n/a

Author: Elle Wright

Genre: Romance

Blurb: In Love With the Wrong Man

Known as a player, Morgan Smith has secretly spent years fighting his feelings for Sydney. When Den's latest dirty
Reading in Black & White
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars-of-2015
WHOA!!! From the beginning, this book caught my attention and never let go. I literally had a "what the heck just happened" moment and my mouth was wide open in awe by the events and the narrative that was set in the first few pages. The Forbidden Man takes on an unconventional love triangle that almost makes you feel as if you are a fly on the wall and hearing secrets and scandalous liaisons that you can't wait to gossip about.

The Forbidden Man has a little bit of everything from drama, family
Deloris
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
APB Perspective Review:

I thought I would have a problem this story because it seemed to be too much for Sydney to go from one brother to the next but the author made me understand how it could happen. I would have picked Morgan too. I Loved their chemistry and I felt they were made for each other . I also enjoyed getting to know the other characters in the seires . My one complaint is that this book seemed a little too repetitive, after about the third time I was sick of Sydney not doing what
Shawnette
This is the first book in the Edge of Scandal Series...an INTERESTING storyline...a bit lengthy and repetitive at times...but a colorful cast of characters...people you'll love and despise...Morgan Smith is an AMAZING man...his brother Caden is CRAZY with no redeeming qualities...and Sydney was a bit ANNOYING at times..I enjoyed watching Morgan and Sydney's attempts at avoiding their attraction to each other...overall I found myself caught up in this romantic tale. I'm looking forward to the ...more
Matysha
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Risk worth taking!

I’ve always heard great things about this author but i was afraid to try something new. But once i finished this story not only was i impressed by this author’s writing but I fell in love with the whole crew of characters she created. My favorites are definitely Sud & Roc! If I had to do it again, I’d jump head first out the window into any Elle Wright book thrown at me!
Byron Washington
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:

"The Forbidden Man" by Elle Wright

What I liked about the novel...

"The Forbidden Man" the first in this series...'Edge of Scandal # 1' was a very interesting novel....so true to its title. I felt so sorry for Syd [Sydney]. How often will she be able to hang on to the situation that Caden [Den] seen to put her through with his cheating way? When a person gets fed up
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
It is always exciting to read a book by a newly discovered (for me) author and The Forbidden Man ticked all the boxes for me. It was the perfect read for my recent long-haul flight...a page turner that kept me entertained the whole time.

The premise of two brothers fighting over a woman was just too much of a temptation to resist. I was scared I'd end up mentally battered and bruised, so was very surprised how the plot evolved. As a reader, I love the unexpected!

The writing style completely
Ladyamelia
Nov 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: aa-romance

Okay. So why did I give this book 2.5? Because of Den. I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but everything about him screamed stalker/abuser. And none of the characters ever called him out on it. I mean, how many times does a woman have to tell you that she's done with you before you leave her alone? Stop calling her? Stop forcing kisses on her? That type of obsessive behavior is never okay. Like, I was uncomfortable reading some of those scenes.

Now, having said all that, I totally plan to
Shavonna Futrell
Steamy Page Turner

Forbidden Man was a great book once I started I could not put it down. Syd had accepted Den's proposal and was ready too get married until she received a phone call that would turn her world upside down. Struggling with the pain she was going through she fell into the arms of The Forbidden Man. This is a new author for me and I truly enjoyed this book and cannot wait to read the rest if the series, I highly recommend this book.
Sophie Sealy
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
The BFF writers in my head need to make room for a new friend. I enjoyed this book. I can actually see this on the Hallmark channel. The cast of characters added depth to the story. Not your sappy romance.
Vondetta Carter
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What would you do if the man you were supposed marry had an affair with a woman in the home you shared together? What if he had called you her name many times when you had been intimate with him?
Sydeny found herself in that situation and did the only thing she could do..broke it off. However, what happens when she discovers the one man she has loved since she was very young is off the chain.
In this man not only does she have a great friend but someone who meets nearly all of her needs.
Tina Jackson
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very Intriguing story

This story had many twists and turns, friends turned lovers, two brothers one woman, family ties, brother against brother. This story puts Elle Wright's writing skills on full display. This story had my emotions all over the place. I could understand why Sydney did some of the things she did but her constantly putting a cheating exes feelings over her own was frustrating. Sydney , Morgan, Jared, Calisa, Kent and Allina. I can't wait to hear more from these 6. On to Book 2
CaroMommie
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is so messy, and chaotic, and over the top dramatic...and so good. It was just a story of some stupid people who ain’t got none of their stuff together. When I say messy, I mean MESSY :-)
Sada
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Loved this story. I loved the friendship between the main characters. I hated how Morgan and Syd suffered trying to spare other people feelings. I look forward to reading the other three books in this series. Great job Ms Wright & thank you for sharing.
Cassandra Johnson
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read

I really enjoyed this romance. The love triangle in this book was something serious. You learn that loving the right person at the wrong time can cause a lifetime of damage.
Shannan Harper
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful job

I really did not want this book to end, which is why it took me so long to finished. Den is just s dummy and a fool, and I just loved both Sydney and Morgan. Now its time soon o see what Red and Callie and of course my favorite Ken and Allina.
Gay Harris
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Did Syd love Morgan first of Den? I guess it really doesn't matter as long as she was happy with the choice she made and ended with.
Sharonda Isadora
Jennifer Copeland
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good the second time around!!
Kay Morris
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If loving you is wrong

Morgan and Sidney embark upon an elicit, forbidden and passionate love affair that could negatively impact those closest to them. Will their love be strong enough to withstand the aftermath? The Forbidden Man is a wonderful love story about the sacrifices made when you surrender your heart.
Felicia
First Rate Read!

Most people who know me know that I tend to read 2-5 books at a time - reading some of each book daily. Every couple of weeks, I come across THAT ONE BOOK that I start...and do not put it down...or even move until I'm finished. "The Forbidden Man" is one of those books.

The story begins with beautiful business professional, Sydney "Syd" Williams rushing through her wedding dress fitting. Life comes to a screeching halt when Syd receives THE CALL from Laney - Resident Skank and
Love Africa Book Club
From the moment I saw the cover of this book and the blurb, I wanted to read this book.

Sydney is preparing for her wedding day when she finds out that her fiance Den has cheated on her again with Laney. Her friend Allina is there as a shoulder to cry on and her brother Red is ready to kick Den's ass. But it is Morgan (brother to Den) who comes to her rescue as the solid, dependable friend whose house she crashes in, since she couldn't go home.

Morgan is best friend to Red and right from the time
C. Lynette
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First, I would definitely recommend this book to readers. Let me introduce you to all of the players involved. There are the Smith Boys (Caden, Morgan and Kent), the Williams Siblings (Jared and Sydney) and their friends (Calisa and Allina). This is not your run-of-the-mill type of romance novel. This isn't, boy meets girl, they fall in love, complications arise, they work it out... there is so much more. This is a true love triangle that could break down relationships all around.

I don't want to
John
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This copy has been given free to me by First Reads. Thank you so much for the giveaway!

If you love forbidden romance and love triangles, this is the book for you. Sydney and Caden are engaged until she finds out he cheated on her again. He's been cheating on her for months with his ex fiance. Morgan, Caden's brother, has always had feelings for Sydney. Once Sydney ends her engagement to his brother, Morgan is there for her. While Morgan is trying to build a relationship with Sydney, Caden is
Kitty Honeycutt
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
While I really enjoyed the storyline overall, I didn't feel the 'so called' love between Sydney and Morgan. Their entire relationship seemed all about sex and they had a lot of it. Also, for Sydney having been a rape victim at a young age I wouldn't have thought she'd have cared much about that. I do have to say that the scenes were well-written and written tastefully though.

I did like the theme of the book, the woman scorned for the last time, ready to take her life in her hands and leave Den
Keke Chanel
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of The Forbidden Man before the release date as a promotional blitz for my blog. I wanted to read the book in order to give my honest opinion to my blog readers. I started the book a day ago and finished early this morning. I couldn't put the book down.

The story and characters are so well written and developed, I fell in love with them all. Sydney, the main character of this particular book as been through a lot and feels obligated to stay in a relationship with the man she's
« previous 1 3 next »

• Playing with Seduction (Pleasure Cove, #3)
  • Let Me Please You: A McClain Family Novella (McClain Brothers)
  • Let Me Love You (McClain Brothers #1)
  • Finding Home Again (Catalina Cove, #3)
  • Her Naughty Suitor (Falling For A Rose Book 10)
  • A Lesson On Love (Jenkins & Sons Construction Series Book 3)
  • The Second Time Around
  • The Reluctant Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen Series
  • A Touch of Love (The Grays of Los Angeles, # 4)
  • Tempting the Artist (Jenkins Family Series, #3)
  • A Bid on Forever (Distinguished Gentlemen, #1)
  • Tender Kisses (The Grays of Los Angeles, #1)
  • Her Christmas Wish & Designed by Love (Bare Sophistication)
  • A Miami Affair (Millionaire Moguls, #2)
  • Spark of Desire & All for You (Hunters of Sacramento Book 3)
  • The Contingency Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen Series
  • Let Me Hold You (McClain Brothers #2)
  • Never Christmas Without You: Just for the Holidays / His Holiday Gift (Pleasure Cove, #2.5)
Born and raised in Southeast Michigan near Ann Arbor, Elle learned the importance of reading from her mother. It was also her mother who, later on in her life, gave Elle her first romance novel: Indigo by Beverly Jenkins. From that moment on, Elle became a fan of Ms. Jenkins for life and a lover of all things romance. An old journal she wrote back in college became her first book (which she still ...more

Edge of Scandal (3 books)
  • His All Night (Edge of Scandal, #2)
  • Her Kind of Man (Edge of Scandal, #3)
“but he ate all of her food and drank every ounce of her Minute Maid fruit punch. It was way past time for her to leave. “No” 0 likes