Start by marking “The Broken Bards of Paris” as Want to Read:

Read Book

The Broken Bards of Paris

When the wife of Napoleon Bonaparte is kidnapped by the mysterious Man in the Iron Mask, whom can he trust to get her back? The Broken Bards of Paris! What three men, despite deformity and unrequited love, will unite to become a trio of heroic troubadours? The Broken Bards of Paris! When France is in peril, who will sing the songs, fight the throngs, and right the wrongs? ...more
Published October 7th 2014 by Eightfold Wrath Books (first published October 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Broken Bards of Paris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Broken Bards of Paris

Start your review of The Broken Bards of Paris
Phill Layman
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From reading this loving reinterpretation of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Phantom of the Opera and Cyrano de Bererac, I wish I knew these French heroes better. Few modern fantasy authors can turn a phrase as elegantly as Mr. Hollingsworth, but the Broken Bards of Paris is one of the most compelling books I've read this year. I cannot wait to read their follow-up adventure!
Faisal
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: favorite
The Broken Bards of Paris
I love this novella. It is like watching an old Western movie where three amigos approach a town to rescue the lady from the bad guys. With sensations, excitement, humor, heroic encounters, poetic language and artistic skills displayed by this author are extraordinary. It is completely my kind of stuff. Three estranged heroes of France Erik-Phantom of Opera, Quasimodo-Huntchback of Notre Dame and Cyrano de Bergerac come together for Napoleon Bonaparte's mission. I can't wa
Stephanie
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this audiobook. It is a neat idea to bring people from different stories and time periods together. This just wasn't quite done all the way. The story is a bit too short to accomplished what it aims for, the timelines don't make sense, but more importantly, the production quality of the audio is pretty bad. There are clicks and pauses and background noises that really distracts from immersion in the story. I also wasn't the biggest fan of the narrator's voice. It is still ...more
Claire
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
The story is intriguing. Creating a story that combines characters that are known to have 'lived' at different times isn't easy, but this story does it well.

The story is short, but it packs a lot in, I quickly found myself swept up in everything that was happening.

The narration started well, but deteriorated as the story progressed. The character voices were good, but the pacing and phrasing start well and then deteriorate.
I can't tell if it's an editing problem or
Cmoore
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful and fantastic historic mashup!!!  By throwing Napoleon Bonaparte, Cyrano De Bergerac, Eric (the Phantom of the Opera), Quasimoto (the Hunchback of Notre Dame), and the Man-in-the-Iron-Mask all together in one story, I think Aaron Hollingsworth broke my brain as I listened to this what-if novella!
Virginia Ferguson absolutely nailed the narration. Her performance of all the characters in this story was amazing!
You're gonna wanna get this delightful little romp to find out what I
Jane
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you spent years studying literature in school, it's hard not to love this story that recruits three of literature's greatest abandoned lovers to undertake one last mission in the name of love.
I thoroughly enjoyed this one, particularly the playful banter of the phantom with the other characters. A well written story that was a lot of fun to read.
Definitely 5 stars in my book.
Mandy
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun book bringing together heroes/legends from great stories to save another’s wife. All who have dealt with the hardship and losing of their muse and love. Keeps your interest from the very beginning definitely enjoyed this.
Deedra
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Audible:I just could not connect with this book.Virginia Ferguson was a good narrator.I was given this book by the narrator,author or publisher free for an honest review.
Rusty Callahan
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Broken Bards is an engaging and fantastic read that takes classic characters and sets them upon a great new adventure. I would recommend this to all my friends and anyone who loves to read.
Andrew
Feb 08, 2016
Liz Jordan
May 17, 2015
Kingsley
Sep 04, 2017
Aaron Hollingsworth
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tara O
Sandy
Stephanie
Amanda

• The Deadly Election
Aaron Hollingsworth is the author of the ongoing science fantasy series Four Winds-One Storm, the weird fiction novella The Apothecary of Mantua: A Supernatural Sequel to Romeo and Juliet, and the French swashbuckling fantasy novella The Broken Bards of Paris.

He self-publishes his books under the press name Eighfold Wrath Books, and lives in Kansas City, MO with his wife and cover artist, Stephanie.

Fun Fact: Aaron is a