Start by marking “Heart of Tin (Dorothy Must Die, #0.4)” as Want to Read:
Heart of Tin (Dorothy Must Die, #0.4)

Heart of Tin (Dorothy Must Die 0.4)

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  1,899 Ratings  ·  210 Reviews
Everyone knows the Tin Woodman as Dorothy's lovable sidekick, the tin man who longed for a real heart to beat inside his tin chest. This digital original novella is the fourth installment in the prequel arc to the edgy and thrilling New York Times bestsellers Dorothy Must Die and The Wicked Will Rise, and tells what happened to the Tin Woodman after he got his wish.

In The
Published July 28th 2015 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Tin, please sign up.
Jessi It will be an ebook. they may bind some of the ebooks together in a real book later on. They did that for some of the other ebooks.

Candace Robinson
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm starting the Dorothy Must Die series as a group read, so I'm starting some of these novellas. I started Tin Man first since he is one of my fave characters from Wizard. This Tin Man here is obsessive. His obsession over Dorothy interferes with what he should really be doing. This novella is dark and shows what obsession can do to a person, or in this case, The Tin Man!
Ashley
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5.
I wanted to love this as much as the others, but the Tin Man was beyond annoying. He reminded me of a 12 year old girl that just got her first crush. It had its good moments, but they weren't worth the annoyance of the Tin Man.
Samantha
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
You know I really love the Dorothy Must Die Series when it comes to the full books, but the novellas not so much. I really think the only one that didn't drive me crazy is The Witch Must Burn, but probably because that was in Jellia's POV and she's actually likable. The rest are horrible! Not that they are horribly written, but the stories themselves turn pretty horrible! Danielle is great when it comes to making you hate these characters! The Tin Woodsman could've been likable in the beginning, ...more
Catherine ♡
I really liked this one as well - Tin was like a lovesick twelve-year-old, but I thought that was funny! Not to mention how Paige depicted the subtle transition from good to evil; this novella also gave me a pretty good idea of what the characters were like before the main book.
Kameron B. Moore
Dec 27, 2014 marked it as to-read
Title: Heart of Tin
Expected Publication: July 28, 2015

The covers are so pretty for this series I just want em all!
Danica (The Hogsmeade Reader)
Jan 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: annoying-mc
If someone gave me a book everytime I rolled my eyes while reading this, I'd have a library as big as The Beast's.

THE TIN MAN WAS SO ANNOYING I WANTED TO ENTER OZ WITH A HAMMER JUST TO SMACK HIS SHINY FACE REPEATEDLY.

It's probably the character itself, because I didn't mind reading Dorothy/the Wizard's novella before. His novella was such a waste for me, if it wasn't for the part of Scare's laboratory experiments, I would not have given this any star because I hated it so much.

He was so obsesse
Julie
May 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Creepiest novella in the series yet...I'm not sure who gives me the willies more - the Scarecrow or the Tin Woodman. Ew. I'm about done with this series. They're losing my interest, BUT with only one more book left in the trilogy, I suppose i need to know the ending now! (Cue annoyed sigh and rolling eyes...)
Reddish
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
En algunos momentos me da pena Tin, que se deja llevar demasiado por el corazón. Tanto, que parece tonto.

“My problem, when you get right down to it, was that all I ever wanted was love.”
Jessica (a GREAT read)
I am truly enjoying what Danielle Paige is doing with this 6 or 7 (Goodreads shows 7, but then I hear 6 from others) part prequel series. We basically get to see what everyone was doing when Dorothy came back to Oz. It’s very interesting, and this time, in Heart of Tin, we get to see how the Tin Woodman came to be what he was in the series today.

I gotta admit, I felt kind of bad for this guy, in a sense. He is so in love with Dorothy and she’s too clueless and vapid to see it. She’s a very self
Rebecca
Jul 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
Awful. Absolutely unbearably awful. I thought "Dorothy Must Die" was the best YA book the year it came out and several of the short novellas Paige has published have been enjoyable, if not great, but "Heart of Tin" gets my vote for the worst book of 2015.

Since Dorothy went back to Kansas, the tin Woodsman has served as the king of the Winkies. Now, with her return to Oz, he's free to indulge his creepy, stalking obsession with her. It's not love. If someone loves you, they notice that you've gon
Emily
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Clarissa
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not evil, just blinded by love. The Tin Woodman is annoyingly in love with Dorothy. He finds her attitude and actions, along with Glinda’s and Scarecrow’s, suspicious, but not enough to stop doing anything to impress her.

So many eye rolls.
Yvonne (It's All About Books)
brheartoftin
Finished reading: June 13th 2016
Rating 1,5qqq

(view spoiler)
Kelley
Aug 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vivian Chen (Vivian's Book Pavilion)
This is post originally on Vivian's Book Pavilion

Ah! I hate lovesick guy. No, they’re all idiot. And no, I don’t think I’ll like to have a boyfriend to make me a lovesick idiot…perhaps…fictional boyfriends. <3 <3 <3 Now…we all know the Tin in “Somewhere over the Rainbow” and the Tin in the original Dorothy Must Die series. Yet, this is something never be seen. In Dorothy Must Die, we mostly focus on how Tin built an army for Dorothy and follow her like a lovesick puppy dog, and in th
Heather
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
So I'm not sure what the deal is with these novellas. The first one No Place Like Oz was great, but the rest have been very inconsistent. With what I've been reading about Full Fathom Five, I wonder if it's a matter of shilling out novellas to make money and completely disregarding continuity or if Danielle Page is really the author of these novellas? They just gradually get worst.
Shelbie Ammirati
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Man. I need more novellas! These are great introductions to the characters and gives an insight to why they are acting the way that they do. Tin man is protrayed in a different light, and you get to see the creepier side of Scarecrow. Pretty good read! Overall I give it a 3.5.
Tiffany
Apr 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Good God.

Tin is so pathetic this was depressing. Love is truly the strongest emotion. The ugly side of it can make you blind, stupid, unreasonable, desperate, and depressed.
Drew
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really loved this book. And it was a really funny one!(:

I am reading the dorothy must die vol. 2 but I would love to write review for each one...
Bec
Sep 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
I am officially giving up on this series. God only knows if I'll ever try to finish this but I am DNF at 45% of this and not reading the other 5.
Hadessephy
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, fantasy, ya, htjxca
I normally avoid prequels and novellas of the series that I read. I find them to generally not be written as well and just a money maker for the author. However I have really enjoyed these and feel they have added a lot to the series. Plus they showcase the Tinman and Scarecrow who in my opinion were not used enough in the actual series.
Erika
May 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
It was an agonizing read.

(I'll come back to finish the review, but I just wanted to get that out)
Alexander
This is the fourth novella before the Dorothy Must Die series.

This book gives you a ton of insight on how the Tin Woodman's character comes to be in the main Dorothy Must Die series. The book is slow to start but becomes extremely action packed half way through. The book has tons of Clift hangers. The book is written really well. It shows how the Tin man becomes twisted and how the Scarecrow is twisted. It shows who causes them to become that way and it shows Dorothy, who is starting to become
Stephanie
Mar 06, 2016 rated it liked it
I think I love to torture myself because I continue to read these books wanting more.

This novella wasn't bad, in all actuality, it was pretty insightful to the whole "Dorothy Must Die" series. So why did I give it 3 stars? Because I just found myself wanting more.

How can I describe how I feel about the Tin Man? I loathe him. I Want to make him dance on hot coals, boil him in battery acid, take that heart of his and hold it above a flame and watch it burn slowly before my eyes. He was a weak ma
Vicki
Oct 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
**Spoilers**

I really, really disliked this novella. Which is a massive shame as I have loved the two books, and the 3 previous novellas - I especially loved the Witch Must Burn. But this telling of the tin mans story did nothing for me. I found the writing really difficult to get through, and the constant passages of him confessing his love for Dorothy were just too much for me. The story didn't really go anywhere , and the plot that it did have could have been told in half the time without all
Jocelyn

In the original version of OZ, I like the Tin Woodsman. I always picture him as a loveable, kindhearted, brave, heroic, and dependable companion. But in this novella, it kinda erase all that belief...

He's delusional....
He's stupid....
He's naïve....
And he's nothing but a lovestruck fool!
BUT..,,
We can't really blame him.. sometimes, even a strong willed person can be a fool, when it comes to love, and we can all be like him, one way or another..
what I loved about this novella and Tin's ch
yvette
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely in love

This book grabbed me and didn't let me go. Danielle Paige did an amazing job with the characters that I have always loved from the original wizard of oz.

The Tin man is so infatuated with Dorothy he'd do anything to prove his love to her. The Scarecrow and Glinda definitely persuade him into a direction that doesn't sit well with his heart. (But anything for Dorothy, right ?) This book is an amazing insight to how the Tin man stayed by the ONCE so kind and sweet Dorothy.

I reco
Rachel
Aug 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Not my favorite novella of the series, but I do like that instead of making a series all from one point of view that it seems like each character is getting their own book. Sadly, the Tin Woodman is just too much of a love-sick moron for me. Maybe it's because Dorothy is obviously a terrible person, that Glinda and Scarecrow are power hungry manipulators, or that the Lion is just out to eat as much as he can, but the fact that Tin can't see ANYTHING past his love and devotion just makes me angry ...more
Justine
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was interesting to see the Woodman transform into a loving, patient, and thoughtful ruler and friend to an evil and obsessed individual. It was also interesting how the Woodman was so blinded with love for Dorothy that he couldn't see how flawed the story was about how she came to be the new ruler of Oz. As usual, I enjoyed this back story to the world of Dorothy Must Die, but I thought that this one was way to short. I finished it in less than an hour. After waiting for months for this to be ...more
Diana
Jan 18, 2015 rated it liked it
The Tin Woodsman is ecstatic that Dorothy is back, and determined to do whatever is necessary for his beloved.

This novella felt unnecessary to me. The Woodsman is annoying, fawning over Dorothy and so blinded by his love he can't see anything going on. It's pretty clear he's being manipulated and changed, and while it does show how he became such a monster, it felt one note.
ALL Dorothy Must ...: The Heart of Tin General Discussion 1 1 16 hours, 50 min ago
ƊƠƦƠƬӇƳ MƲƧƬ ƊƖЄ: Heart of Tin 6 24 May 16, 2017 06:54PM
  • The Rebel (The Maeve'ra, #1.5)
  • Rise (Paper Gods #2.5)
  • The Mortal Heart (Beautiful Creatures: The Untold Stories, #1)
  • Annie and Fia (Mind Games, #0.5)
  • Uncanny Magazine Issue 3: March/April 2015
  • I AM
  • The Burning Hand (The Orphan Queen, #0.3)
  • Mick Abruzzo: The Second Wire (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #9.5)
  • Inside the World of Die for Me
  • The Snake (Messenger of Fear  #1.5)
  • Before (Destined, #0.5)
  • Love is Poison (Snow White, #1-3)
  • Undiscovered (Unremembered, #1.5)
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #1.5)
  • Night Flower (Court of Fives, #0.5)
  • Lizzie Hearts and the Hedgehog's Hexcellent Adventure: A Little Shuffle Story (Ever After High: A School Story #0.2)
  • Nightstruck (Nightstruck #1)
Danielle lives in NY. Before turning to YA, she worked in television & was nominated for several Daytime Emmy's. Dorothy Must Die is her first novel.
More about Danielle Paige

Dorothy Must Die (4 books)
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1)
  • The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die, #2)
  • Yellow Brick War (Dorothy Must Die, #3)
  • The End of Oz (Dorothy Must Die, #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Perdido Street Station (New Crobuzon, #1)
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Think about the first time you really fell in love. No, I mean, really think about it. How it was like your whole life before that moment was a black-and-white movie, and suddenly you stepped into Technicolor.” 4 likes
“How could she say no, when she saw the evidence of my devotion? “We” 0 likes