Start by marking “Lion's Share (Wildcats, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lion's Share (Wildcats, #1)

Lion's Share

(Wildcats #1)

Abby Wade has a dangerous secret.

Two months ago, she disobeyed an order, but instead of kicking her out of the Pride, Jace offered her a job. Since then, she’s been battling a completely inappropriate crush on the young, hot Alpha. But when accepting his job offer seems like the only way to keep her skeletons safely in their closet, Abby doesn’t hesitate.

Jace Hammond has
Published February 23rd 2015 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Lion's Share, please sign up.
Sophie There will be a second book called Lion's Den and I think Rachel is working on it at the moment. Well when I last looked, I read that she was going to…moreThere will be a second book called Lion's Den and I think Rachel is working on it at the moment. Well when I last looked, I read that she was going to make a start on writing the 2nd book of Wildcats series (less)
Eleni it is now available for pre-order at amazon and the release date is the 23rd of february 2015!!!

Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

As a long-standing fan of Rachel Vincent’s SHIFTERS series, I was through the roof with enthusiasm when I discovered this spin-off five years later. I recommend reading the prequel / bridge novella, HUNT, prior to this one because it sets the tone for LION’S SHARE, and its events are referenced throughout this story. As fired up as I was about WILDCATS book 1, the author’s switch from Urban Fantasy to New Adult Paranormal Romance did worry me, and my trepidations turned
1st Read: February 2015
2nd Read: July 2015
3rd Read: December 2017

I absolutely loved Rachel Vincent's Shifters series but although I was happy with the way the series ended I have missed the world and the characters over the last five years. So as soon as I found out about this new spin off series I pre-ordered my copy of Lion's Share and I started reading it the moment it appeared on my kindle. In fact, I read all night until I finished it at 8am because I was enjoying it so much! I've been a bi
Rachel
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
LION’S SHARE is an incredible start to Rachel Vincent’s spinoff series Wildcats. It has the perfect mix of action, mystery, tension and suspense, and steamy sexy romance. Told from both Abby Wade’s and Jace Hammond’s points of view, readers will get to experience the sizzling chemistry, the search for the killer, get teased about the secrets being kept, and uncover the shocking and horrifying truth about the victims from each character’s perspective.

With a killer on the loose in his territory, J
Lainey
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love you my precious babies.
Actual rating: 4.5/5

IF YOU DON'T READ THE SHIFTERS SERIES I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH YOUR LIFE.
Charlie
THAT WAS AMAZING! I always loved the Shifters world and it was amazing being back there. I'm dying for more in this spin off.
ALPHAreader
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
‘Lion’s Share’ is the first book in a new paranormal romance series from author Rachel Vincent. It’s an independent spin-off of her ‘Shifters’ urban fantasy series (so she’s releasing it herself, not through any publisher), and Vincent explained the finer details in her January newsletter:

While the Wildcats books are set in the original Shifters world and involve many characters you already know, this spinoff series will be romance, rather than urban fantasy. What's the same: The world and its r
Jess
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not my favorite read at all, and I was so excited for Jace's story. The entire story felt like it was just some big lead in to the final two chapters when things actually started to get interesting with a tabby's storyline and the first real introduction to the Lion's Den. I really wish those two things would have been featured more in Lion's Share.

Abby - annoying and immature. I just kept thinking, Jace deserves someone so much better than this girl. Frankly he needed a WOMAN, not a girl who's
Ally
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 02-purchased-99
These cats have scratch

cat attack

I'm a big fan of this author and she did not disappoint.

Series: Yes, this seems to be the first in an upcoming series?

Sexy times: Some. Not explicit per se.

Plan on reading more by the author: Indeed

Synopsis There's a lot of cat politics that are more clear to the reader if you have read the previous Shifters series. Even if you haven't, it's clear enough to follow. That said, it's better if you have familiarity with the previous characters and their dynamics.

Anyhoo, in
Elizabeth Anne
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A whole book about Jace and Abby too. YES!!!! I've been waiting 6 years for this to happen, i never gave up that it would and I'm really hoping for a happy ending for Jace this time, he deserves it as does Abby, given everything they have gone through. I am only just hanging out until the 23rd for this book, no doubt i'll have it read that very day too.
Jessica (a GREAT read)
It’s been too many years since I’ve been away from the Pride, but Rachel Vincent has returned to her beloved world that first gained my attention to her name with Lion’s Share and it is basically the MOST AWESOME thing ever!!

While you may be wondering about this spinoff and thinking, there’s a 6 book series ahead of it, is it necessary to read all of those first? No. But should you, just to enjoy the incredible awesomeness that is Rachel Vincent? Hell yes. There was also a short story Rachel wro
Steph
The prequel Hunt provided a bridge between Vincent's Shifters and its spin-off series, Wildcats. Strays, or Wildcats as they prefer to be called, have petitioned the council "... to formally acknowledge a Pride made up entirely of strays who wished to carve out a territory of their own in one of the free zones." If you read Shifters, you know that Faythe's husband Marc is a stray himself. So, it's no surprise that Faythe has been playing an active role in the process.

Lion's Share picks up severa
Amber Hughes
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**4+ stars** The Shifters Series is one of my favorite series and I was so happy when I found out that Rachel would be doing a spin-off series. I wanted more from this “world” because I wasn’t ready for it to end. I really enjoyed this story and I’m very much looking forward to the next in the series. While there were a few things I had some frustrations over (with Jace & Abby’s characters), overall it was a great read and I was into it from page one. Sexy times, suspense and I definitely fe ...more
Darcy
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, e-book, pnr, shifters
I really liked this author's Pride series and was sad when it ended. So when I realized that this story was the start of a spin off series I was very happy. I really liked that this book was centered around Abby, the girl from the first book that was so broken. It was nice to see her strong, to have gotten past what happened to her and learn from Faythe. And whooo boy, did she ever learn from Faythe. You don't realize it until the end when all of Abby's manipulations come out. I really like the ...more
Primero
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Runningrabbit
This was a good romantic read, with a murder mystery tied in, including a few wheels within wheels.
Unfortunately, I will say I pretty much worked out half the mystery in the first quarter, with just a couple of points that were clarified later in the story.

The main character was very likable with normal aspirations wanting to get on with her own life in the way we all want to have some control over our future. The supporting cast and love interest were also very human by nature with concerns tha
HJ
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, urban-fantasy
I've noticed some really mixed reviews on this one, but I have to say that I enjoyed it. I liked the original series overall, but Faythe tended to get on my nerves with her self-centeredness, so Abby was a more likeable heroine for me. And I loved the way Abby handled herself at the end.

I will say that I wanted Jace to end up as a Hero, and I was NOT team Marc, but in the long run, I prefer Abby for him over Faythe. Yay!

1st person POV from both sides, something else I like, and NOT in present te
Ginette
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this read!
Under the Covers Book Blog
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it

We are back in the Shifters world.  And it's so good!!!  After the Shifters series ended I was satisfied but I wanted more.  I'm so happy the author has decided to revisit it.

The romance in LION'S SHARE takes a center focus when young Abby all of a sudden is not so young anymore.  After knowing her since she was just a kid, and seeing the trauma she's been through, Jace sees her for the woman she's now become.  And he wants to take a bite.

The politics of the Prides and the council are back in f

Tynga
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Let me start this review by saying, FINALLY! I've been awaiting another Shifters book for so long, and it's finally here! For those who don't know, Lion's Share is the first book in a new spin-off series. The original series, Shifters, was Rachel's first published series and it was really awesome. This original series featured Faythe, Marc and Jace and from what I gathered, this new series will feature a different couple each novel, following the traditional paranormal romance series (Shifters w ...more
Alisa
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
*GIRLY SQUEAL* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I can NOT believe she came out with the spin-off. I missed all the characters. Greatly missed them. It's like... coming home. Brings back fond memories of when I immersed myself in this world and the original Shifters series.

Still as good as it was then. I've always felt bad for Jace. Sure I loved Marc and Faythe as the "It" couple more.. but you just can't help but love Jace too.

And it brought back memories of Ethan :( I don't know what her plans are with th
Pamela / SpazP
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This made me want to go back and skim my Shifters books. I don't remember much of Abby, but was ALWAYS team Jace. I enjoyed this and look forward to see what else RV has for us in this world! :)
Komal
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. It was everything I wanted after loving the Shifters series, and was definitely a worthy continuation. Not perfect, by any means, but satisfying nonetheless.
La Mala ✌
Jan 31, 2015 marked it as prioridades
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Admito que Jace no era santo de mi devoción en la serie Shifters pero, bue...leeré cualquier cosa que escriba Rachel Vincent!
Sandra "Jeanz"
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
INITIAL THOUGHTS
As I totally adored the Shifters Series by Rachel Vincent, it was a no-brainer that I would definitely want to read this spin off series. I consider myself as a Rachel Vincent Shifter Series fan so to say I have high expectations for the Wildcats series is a bit of an understatement!

MY REVIEW
I purchased a kindle copy of this book from amazon UK. As I have said above I do consider myself a Rachel Vincent Shifters Series fan so couldn't resist purchasing this one. I also should ad
Lorna
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh, shifters
I recently read Hunt which is a prequel to this book and I am really glad I did or I would have been so lost. I was already lost due to not reading the original series, but there was quite a bit of info from that series given throughout the book. A good thing because it helped me understand some things, a bad thing because now I know so much that now I am not interested in going back and reading those.

The main character, Abby drove me crazy, as did her secret. Her reasons for everything bad tha
Lyndi W.
Nov 06, 2018 marked it as d-n-f
You start off getting thrown right into the deep end without any floaties and then it takes four whole chapters to get to even a hint of the conflict. And the author has unintentionally ruined a subplot during exposition intended to remind readers of some previous series. Both H/h seem pretty dumb so far and since I've got a million other books to read, I'm not gonna bother trudging through this. It's not terrible, I just feel like I'm wasting my time.

Edit: Apparently Abby's story begins in Hunt
María
Abby tiene un secreto: Robyn, su compañera de cuarto, es la primer mujer que sobrevivió a la infección de un stay. Sin embargo, después de la terrible experiencia que tuvieron que atravesar en el bosque, Abby sabe que Robyn no está lista para convivir bajo el cuidado de un concilio de Alfas.
El problema es que cazadores humanos están apareciendo muertos y Jace tiene que investigar...
Anna
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-must-read
The ending was very unexpected...
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Great shifters spinoff, and I love hoe Rachel Vincent makes a story so compelling. I was shocked, twisted up inside, and happy. I can't wait to read book two.
Lola
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved Rachel her Shifter, series so when I heard of a spin-off series I had to grab my copy on the day of release, although it took me a bit longer before I got around to reading it. Lion's Share takes place in the same world as the Shifter series and it was so nice to be back in that world and see all those familiar characters again. And while I really enjoyed this book, there was something missing that prevents me from giving this a 5 star.

After reading this book I can say the prequel novell
  • Tempting the Enemy (Resurrection, #1)
  • Corrigan Rage (Corrigan #3)
  • Moon Mark (Mark, #2)
  • The Spirit of Nimue (The Return to Camelot, #3)
  • City of the Lost: Part One
  • The Recruit: Book Two (The Recruit, #2)
  • The Wolf Within (Holloway Pack, #1)
  • Zoey Avenger (Incubatti, #2)
  • Full Blooded (Jessica McClain, #1)
  • A Cursed Bloodline (Weird Girls #4)
  • Dance with the Devil (Soul's Harbor Pride, #1)
  • How to Resist Prince Charming
  • Just Like Florence Nightingale (Tigers and Devils, #1.3)
  • Shifty Magic (Shifty Magic, #1)
  • White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2)
  • Red Dawn (Crossroads Academy, #2)
[Note: Though Rachel's blog entries are cross posted here, she does not frequent Goodreads. The best ways to contact her are FB, Twitter, or her Wordpress blog. PLEASE DO NOT SEND HER MESSAGES HERE. SHE DOES NOT CHECK THEM.]

A resident of Oklahoma, Rachel Vincent has a BA in English and an overactive imagination, and consistently finds the latter to be more practical. She shares her workspace with

Wildcats (4 books)
  • Blind Tiger (Wildcats, #2)
  • Wild Card (Wildcats, #3)
  • Untitled (Wildcats, #4)
“But love doesn’t make sense, Brian. It isn’t easy, and you can’t just decide to feel it. If we were in love, we’d want to talk to each other all the time, even if all we do is argue. We’d be pulled toward each other any time we’re in the same room. We’d have to fight the urge to touch each other, because we’re not supposed to, but ultimately, we’d lose that fight because when it’s love, it can’t be helped.” 3 likes
“Then he leaned back against the arm of the couch and looked right into my eyes. “We can do whatever you want. We can stop any time you want, and if you do want to stop, I won’t be mad or disappointed. I don’t want to do anything you don’t like - if you’re not having fun, I won’t be either. And if you just want to sit here and hold my hand, I’ll still consider myself the luckiest son of a bitch on the face of the planet. Okay?” 3 likes