Start by marking “Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)

Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  77,950 Ratings  ·  9,735 Reviews
The third installment in the mesmerizing series from the irrepressible, number one New York Times best-selling author Maggie Stiefvater.

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have bec
Audible Audio, Unabridged Audiobook, 10 pages
Published October 21st 2014 by Scholastic Audio Books

To ask other readers questions about Blue Lily, Lily Blue, please sign up.
Jessi Squash one, squash two, squash three..

I really freaking wish it did.
Pear001 1) I love this series. My favorite by far and I would always give it a ten but let's pretend I'm not being biased and 9.9/10?
2) there are four boys…more
2) there are four boys and one girl. One boy had a brief crush on her and one who may be in love with her and she with him. There is also one boy with a HEAVILY implied crush on another boy. Romance is not as strong as you'd think it would be considering genre and the whole "kiss your true love and he dies" thing but when it does creep up its swoon worthy.(less)

Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
I only need one thing----> Ronan x Adam.

description

The story picks up where it left off. Boys are starting school again and Blue's mother is still missing. They're still trying to find Glendower, the long lost king. Gray Man's employed is in Henrietta looking for a payback. Now, I don't want to reveal anything else about the plot cause even the blurb is rather vague.

What I want to talk about are the characters. It seems Adam is the main one this time. Others all had their chapters but I feel as if he
Nat
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magical-realism
“Queens and kings
Kings and queens
Blue lily, lily blue.”

description
This review contains *spoilers*.

And just like that, I'm finished.
Now what?
I’ve been reading this series back to back and it made me realize how much I’ve missed the joy (and sleep deprivation) marathoning books gives me.
I already knew how dreadful I would feel once I finished Blue Lily, Lily Blue because I’m in love with these books, but I guess I didn’t prepare myself enough because I CAN
Wendy Darling
More heartbreaking kisses, please. Though I don't know if my heart can take it.
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
“Humans were so circular; they lived the same slow cycles of joy and misery over and over, never learning. Every lesson in the universe had to be taught billions of times, and it never stuck.”

Oh my!!! She did it once again!
Whenever I’m convinced that Maggie’s last book was already the peak of perfection she always manages to persuade me otherwise! I don’t really know how she does it, but she’s soo damn good at what she does that it’s almost impossible not to love her books!!! <3
Needless to s
Katerina
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, favorites
I know, I know. Please don't judge me, I'm sick.

But it's the sweetest kind of addiction. The one that doesn't let you sleep at nights because your thoughts wander into faraway lands and your heart beats fast for the people you came to love deeply even though they're the products of someone else's brilliant mind and beautiful soul. And I'm not alone, because I'll see you all in therapy, right? Right?

“Queens and kings
Kings and Queens
Blue lily,
Raeleen Lemay
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, young-adult
*4.5*

It's been a while since I've marathoned an unfinished series and I'm really upset that I have to wait like 5 months for the next book. Dang.

Ronan still on point. Always and forever.

4/25/15 Update

SCRATCH THAT. I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL FEBRUARY NOOOOOOO
emma
HOW DO YOU WRITE A REVIEW OF A BOOK THAT YOU LOVED SO MUCH IT MAKES YOUR HEART WARM AND IT RESTORED YOUR FAITH IN YA AND EVERYTHING IS GOOD IN THE WORLD WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT AND FLOWERS BLOOM AND BIRDS FLOAT AROUND YOUR HEAD AND SING OR TWEET OR WHATEVER IT IS THEY DO.

No, seriously, please tell me how. Because I straight up read this book a month ago and I GOT NOTHIN'.

I suppose I will begin with what I know to be true, and what I know to be true is that
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“Mornings like this one were made for memories.”

description

Isn't it the most obscure and abnormal concept that a book filled with random sequences of the alphabet put together to make some sense, can act as a catalyst to generate a chemistry lab full of emotions?
Essentially, you could have an infinite amount of books with the same character count as an airline flight safety manual, but those random string of words put together in just a handful of books can make you feel so intensely.

This is what The
Petrik
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Petrik by: Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
You might want to underestimate this 4 stars rating slightly.

The Raven Cycle continues to improve with each installment and this is literally the first time I ever gave a 4 star rating to a YA book as I’m not a fan of the genre. Blue Lily, Lily Blue (BLLB) will probably be an easy 5 stars read for those of you who have no qualm with the genre in general.

One of the problems I had with 'The Dream Thieves' was that I feel like that there’s a lack of satisfaction in the sense of plot progression to
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
5 Stars

Overview: Re-Read

Umm... I don't have more to add except that I love this book and it's one of my all-time favorites? I appreciate so much more this time around and all of these characters are phenomenal.

Except Cheng, who exists here only to set his character up for the next book. And Maura, who continues to make bad decisions always.

Original Review

Here’s the thing with this series. The plot is… odd.

You open the first book expecting something about prep-school boys and maybe ghosts but
C.G. Drews
1st Read: January 2015
2nd Read: March 2016
3rd Read: March 2018

Idek how it's possibly...BUT I LOVE THIS BOOK EVEN MORE THIS TIME AND I ALREADY LOVED IT ASTRONOMICALLY SO THE FIRST TIME. *shrieks* The thing that most makes me sob in this series (apart from precious #Pynch moments) is the fact that it makes me think so so much. Like I have theories! I see little nuggets and clues! I just feel like I got SO SO MUCH MORE OUT OF IT THE SECOND TIME. And everything makes me want to hold it and shriek an
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
SPOILER FREE REVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT3ya...

So glad my order of The Raven King came in today so I don't have to wait to finish the series!
Kellie

×××May contain minor spoilers×××
"Queens and kings
Kings and queens
Blue lily, lily blue"

This book is nothing like I expected. This book was everything I wanted it to be. The book gave me chills, it broke my heart. It made me laugh, it made me mad. It made me crazy. It made me cry - not a lot, not as much as The Raven Boys or The Dream Thieves but little silent tears pooling up in my eyes.

This book, at parts, made me forget that Richard Cam
Sameena H
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If Gansey dies, I too, will die.
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“There was something unfamiliar about him. Something ferocious about his eyes, some sort of bite in his faint smile. Something altogether hectic and unsettled. She stood on the ledge of his smile and looked over the edge.”

Even though I always feel like I don't understand a thing that is going on in those books, they are just beautiful. Maybe exactly because I don't understand a thing: They always surprise me, I never know what to expect next but I am never let down.

I think this third installment
Miranda Reads
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-series, audiobook
Faith in humanity Young Adult Literature restored
“Blue,” he warned, but his voice was chaotic. This close, his throat was scented with mint and wool sweater and vinyl car seat, and Gansey, just Gansey.

She said, “I just want to pretend. I want to pretend that I could.”
I would normally poke fun at YA for the drama and the weird boy-smells but I honestly can't. Maggie Stiefvater has done such a wonderful job building this story that there's no room to be a sarcastic little snit about it.

Blue
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》

"Queens and Kings
Kings and Queens
Blue lily, lily blue"

I just bought about 16 books last week but they all can wait.
I'm going to re-read this baby first! You know why?
Because Ronan freaking Lynch, and Adam Parrish live in this. <3

“Behind him, he heard Ronan say,
"I like the way you losers thought Instagram before first aid.
Fuck off.”

I love this quote! It's just so... Ronan!

Ronan:“I know when I'm awake and when I'm asleep,"
Adam:"Do y
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

My ten favorite things about Blue Lily, Lily Blue

"Ronan kept going, his voice louder. "No. Do you hear me, Cabeswater? You promised to keep me safe. Who are we to you? Nothing? If you let him die, that is not keeping me safe. Do you understand? If they die, I die, too."

To the surprise of absolutely nobody, Ronan takes the first place hands down even without having any chapter from his point of view. Actually, after the intensity of The Dream Thieves, getting to observe him through other's
Giovanna
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

"Don't wake the third sleeper."

Okay. I can do this. Just to be clear, I have to say that this is probably my favourite series of all time and I'm not even going to pretend that I can be coherent when it comes to it. Even now, after finishing the third book, I'm amazed at how many details Stiefvater put into this book. Right now I want to quote half the book. I devoured it and I never wanted it to end. Yes, it is that series for me, the one that actually changes you and affects you like no other.
destiny ☠ howling libraries
#1 The Raven Boys ★★★★★
#2 The Dream Thieves ★★★★★
#3 Blue Lily, Lily Blue ★★★★★
#4 The Raven King ★★★★★
#4.5 Opal ★★★★★

Blue was perfectly aware that it was possible to have a friendship that wasn’t all-encompassing, that wasn’t blinding, deafening, maddening, quickening. It was just that now that she’d had this kind, she didn’t want the other.

Where do I even begin? This review took me six weeks to write, and it's literally only because I loved it so much that I don't know how to describe it. I we
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

She said, “I just want to pretend. I want to pretend that I could.”

This is my favorite so far, I'm in love!

“Queens and kings, Kings and queens. Blue lily, lily blue, Crowns and birds. Swords and things, Blue lily, lily blue”

description

I feel like a lot of things right now, I just finished the book and making a mental review of what has been, I can say
Jiana
Dec 12, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS POINTLESS

THANK FUCK I'M DONE WITH THIS BOOK THANK THE LORD. Also my first 1 star of the year. I’ve been readin
destini mia
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-holy-grail
“Queens and kings, Kings and queens
Blue lily, lily blue, Crowns and birds
Swords and things, Blue lily, lily blue”

This series has reduced me to a barely functioning mess, making fan art and listening to fan mixes in my spare time. Which isn't anything wrong, except responsibilities. Responsibilities I have grossly neglected that really need to stop being grossly neglected.

These books just suck you in and take you prisoner. I feel like Maggie Stiefvater is a mad genius or something. The way sh
Hannah
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Hands down my favorite one in the series so far <3
Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful)
Blue Lily, Lily Blue (RC 03), by Maggie Stiefvater: 5 “Barrel of Monkeys” Stars.

“ ‘What’s that slowly phrase?’ Noah asked. ‘Slowly, slowly …’
‘… catchy monkey,’ Gansey finished.”
~ Noah Czerny & Richard Gansey III.

description

According to the Oxford Dictionary of Proverbs, the phrase Noah refers to is actually: Softly, softly, catchee monkey. Basically, it means that in very tricky situations – like catching monkeys – prudence, preparation, and patience are more effective than impulsiveness, irrationalit
jessica
im so, so sad to admit this but… i think im slowly losing interest in this series. this book wasnt bad by any means, but i think the novelty and uniqueness is just wearing off for me. i found myself not really invested in the search for glyndŵr, which is a shame because the plot finally advances in this book! and again, ive wanted more on blues curse since ‘the raven boys,’ but shes hardly a focal point - shes only around when the boys do something. im going to finish the series because its only ...more
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Re/read

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

BLOODY HELL, WHYYYYYYYY! WHY DO THE PEOPLE YOU REALLY LIKE HAVE TO DIE, THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES RIGHT?

I guess I might add some spoilers not really sure....

The Raven Boys and Blue are back!

They are all still trying to find Glendower, but they end up finding someone else that I really look forward to getting to know and see what this person is going to do. I will say they are related to Glendower and bat sh*t crazy but there are reasons for that!

They a
April (Aprilius Maximus)
I really like these books even though i'm like wtf did I just read?

Around the Year in 52 Books Challenge Notes:
- 4. A book by an author you discovered in 2015
  • Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • The Strange Maid (The United States of Asgard, #2)
  • The King's Men (All for the Game, #3)
  • Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • Between the Spark and the Burn (Between, #2)
  • Black Heart (Curse Workers, #3)
  • The Shadow Cabinet (Shades of London, #3)
  • The FitzOsbornes at War (The Montmaray Journals, #3)
  • Necromancing the Stone (Necromancer, #2)
  • The Cracks in the Kingdom (The Colours of Madeleine, #2)
  • The Nightmare Dilemma (The Arkwell Academy, #2)
  • Lair of Dreams (The Diviners, #2)
  • In the Shadows
  • Ruin and Rising (Grisha Verse, #3)
  • Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2)
New York Times bestselling author of The Shiver Trilogy, The Raven Cycle, and The Scorpio Races. Artist. Driver of things with wheels. Avid reader.

All of Maggie Stiefvater's life decisions have been based around her inability to be gainfully employed. Talking to yourself, staring into space, and coming to work in your pajamas are frowned upon when you're a waitress, calligraphy instructor, or tech
More about Maggie Stiefvater

The Raven Cycle (4 books)
  • The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)
  • The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
  • The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
    $9.99 $2.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“You can be just friends with people, you know," Orla said. "I think it's crazy how you're in love with all those raven boys."

Orla wasn't wrong, of course. But what she didn't realize about Blue and her boys was that they were all in love with one another. She was no less obsessed with them than they were with her, or one another, analyzing every conversation and gesture, drawing out every joke into a longer and longer running gag, spending each moment either with one another or thinking about when next they would be with one another. Blue was perfectly aware that it was possible to have a friendship that wasn't all-encompassing, that wasn't blinding, deafening, maddening, quickening. It was just that now that she'd had this kind, she didn't want the other.”
769 likes
“I know when I'm awake and when I'm asleep," Ronan Lynch said.
Adam Parrish, curled over himself in a pair of battered, greasy coveralls, asked, "Do you?"
"Maybe I dreamt you," he said.
"Thanks for the straight teeth, then," Adam replied.”
651 likes