Start by marking “Rehabilitation (Unbelief #1)” as Want to Read:
Rehabilitation (Unbelief #1)

Rehabilitation

(Unbelief #1)

My name is Sinna Reardon. I suppose deep down I'd like to believe God exists. But he doesn’t, not since the war. Most days I’m okay with that. Jacob calls me a pessimist, but I’m a realist. How can I believe when a place like Rehabilitation and a regime like the Elite exist, dictating our every move?

If God were so great, he’d do something. But he hasn’t. We’re forgotten.
Published October 28th 2014 by InkedPlot Media

To ask other readers questions about Rehabilitation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rehabilitation

Courtney Wells
It's nice to see dystopia worn on the other foot when it comes to the "intolerance of socially compromising beliefs" theme that's so rampant in the genre. Usually it's some cult-take on religion, so I was curious to see what happens when the absence of faith is fueling a fascist state.

Unfortunately, REHABILITATION doesn't take any opportunity to rationalize why a science-centric society is desolate, impoverished and emotionally sterile. Apparently atheists are so apathetic they're incapable of c
Rae King
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review

Rehabilitation is a fast-paced first novel in a dystopian trilogy. I was hooked within the fist few pages. After a nuclear war, the 'New World' is ruled by The Elite - who enforce rules that they hope will eradicate war and non-compliance. People are taught to have no belief in God or any higher power and that love is useless and only ends in pain.

The main characters - Sinna and Jacob - have been friends since childhood, but they have a very
C.B. Stone
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: authored-by-me
This is not a review, this is my book. I look forward to honest reviews and feedback from my readers.
Amanda
Dec 12, 2014 rated it liked it
You can also find this review and many others of mine on my blog @ Escaping Reality Within Pages

First off I would like to thank the Author for allowing me to read this for an honest review.

Now I hadn't noticed how short this book was when I first came across it. I'd just read the synopsis on Goodreads, and was quickly reeled in. I was very intrigued and I'm glad I hadn't noticed the shortness beforehand, because I normally don't read novella's unless a part of a series so if I had noticed I prob
Chris Bostic
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
For the most part, I really liked this book. The premise is quite good about a ruling society wanting to stamp out any mention/thought of "Belief." As a plus, the writing solid and so are the characters.

My only real complaint would be the length. Some parts could be fleshed out more, and a whole lot more could be done with the ending. It ends rather abruptly. The whole story arc is pretty linear and predictable (which is fine), but I thought there were several instances in the middle and toward
Alyson Stone
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
C.B Stone was grateful enough to provide me with a free copy of this book for review! First off, the summary is very attention grabbing. I always read the summaries of books prior to reading and this summary really caught my attention. The cover is also very attention grabbing, another perk for me. I am one of those people who is always drawn to the beautiful covers of books and this one had it.
I am also a huge fan of present tense. It is not the easiest tense to write in, but it is great for t
Briana
Sep 06, 2015 rated it liked it
I'd say I'm actually more at a 2 1/2 with this book. There is a LOT wrong with it, starting with the amateurish writing style. The lack of finesse becomes clear from the very first physical description: "His unruly blond hair is brushing past the nape of his neck, and I know his ice blue eyes are laser focused..." and they don't get much better from there. There are times where chapters begin with a recap of what just happened in the page before. Perhaps the author thought no one would be able t ...more
Edward Davies
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a great introduction to a dystopian world where religion is outlawed and those found believing in any sort of spiritual creator are ‘fixed’, but it would have been nice if it went on for a bit longer. Granted, it ends on a pretty neat cliff-hanger, but it wouldn’t have been too much of a stretch to make this trilogy one single story as, based on page count listings, the trilogy is less than 500 pages in length. If this was one single novel, I’d have probably given it five stars assuming ...more
Jessica
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-favorites
I was provided with a free copy of this book so I could give an honest review.

All that being said, WOW. I did not want to put this book down. I was sucked in from the beginning. I was absorbed into Sinna's world. The descriptions produced vivid pictures and emotions in my mind, so I was seeing through Sinna's eyes, feeling her emotions, thinking her thoughts.

And that ending! I NEVER saw it coming. I had to reread it to make sure I had read it correctly. WOW. What a hook! I am going to have to re
Vi
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-reviews
A sci-fi thriller. A disturbing peek into a possible future. A nuclear war has devastated the planet. The New World is ruled by the Elite with specific Laws; "Above All Else, Don't Believe! "No room for God in the New World! No hope, no love! Story focus is on Sinna & Jacob (teenagers), Jacob's younger sister Sammy & another girl, Miriam, as they struggle to survive in this barren land without hope and the certainty of severe punishments for noncompliance. The ending may be surprising. T ...more
Lisa P
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I definitely get the Hunger Games comparison- no special powers involved, but definitely a bizarre rules, harsh society. Sinna lives in a world where Believing can get you Selected for Trials or sent to Rehabilitation. When her friend gets taken by the Elite in the middle of the night and brought to Rehabilitation, she makes plans to bust him out. The story hooks you immediately and you'll read this in one sitting. It's fast paced and feels like you've read the first quarter ( or third since thi ...more
C.P. Cabaniss
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian, reviewed
I received this novella from the author in exchange for an honest review.
I loved this! I wasn't sure how I would feel when I started reading this because I've become so burned out on dystopias, but the writing was great and I found myself just soaking it all in and wanting more! I am so excited for the rest of the trilogy! You can read my full review on my blog here: http://courtneysreads.blogspot.com/20...
Ragdoll_ish
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
I loved this, you always have that one character that becomes your favorite.
Mine was Sinna. As I started reading, it was getting harder & harder to breakaway from it to get anything else in my life done, ha. Once you get to the end, you just want to hurry up and get to the next one! This kept me on the edge. Great writer, I'd recommend this book to anyone! I'm starting the second unbelief book "Ruin" today. I'm so excited :)
Hailey Woerner
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
As the first book in a trilogy, this was a great start. Rehabilitation is filled with action and suspense, and is over all a great book. I loved the way C.B. Stone worked God into her novels without being at all preachy--a good way to speak to people who haven't met God yet.
Cynthia
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopian
I liked the story, can't wait for book 2. I just have one complain: too much description of the surroundings it got a little boring...
T. Jackson
Great read.
Really great story. Loved the characters.
Fantastic Story. Could not put it down.
Teresa
Buy Link: http://www.cbstonebooks.com/
Reviewer: Teresa Fallen Angel
Blurb:
Unbelief 1
"My name is Sinna Reardon. I suppose deep down I'd like to believe God exists. But he doesn’t, not since the war. Most days I’m OK with that. Jacob calls me a pessimist, but I’m a realist. How can I Believe when a place like Rehabilitation and a regime like the Elite exist, dictating our every move?

If God were so
Jessica Bronder
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
After a nuclear war, The Elite took over control of the world. They use science and logic to rule this world. God and belief have been banned because these cause wars. If you are caught with either, you are sent away to Rehabilitation camps. Sinna Reardon doesn’t believe in God but she also doesn’t like The Elite dictating everything. Her best friend Jacob on the other hand believes in God and spends his time looking for things relating to God.

But then Jacob is caught and taken to the Rehabilit
Robin
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alright peeps, fair warning… this is a quick read! Plus, it stops bam right in the middle of a scene. Be prepared to have the next book ready to listen to right away.

Good storyline. :-) I keep thinking 🤔 it reminds me of a movie (which I loved) but can't come up with a title. So, that's a great compliment. 😀

It was hard to connect with the characters as of yet with it's short length. Interestingly, Miriam intrigued me the most. 😊

I hate cold & snow. I hated her walking through it! It was cool
Raquel
Aug 21, 2017 rated it liked it
The ending seemed to get more exciting....

It took me more than half of the book to really get "into" it. Just seemed kind of slow. It never became interesting to me until the ending, where they were escaping and the girl found out that her dad was alive.
The book was just "ok" for me unfortunately.....
Jodi Woody
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super short dystopian novella. This first one was free. I liked it enough to read all three. Easily could have made one novel out of the set. Faith is outlawed and anyone that believes gets sent for rehabilitation. Good characters. I give it four stars. I can recommend for high school and up.
Bette
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Entertaining albeit pointless
Candy
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopian, romance
Pretty good story, but beware, it ends with a major cliff-hanger.
Kim
May 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-dystopian
Yeah....no.
Lady The Owls
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Believe

What an insight of what can happen to a society that wants to stop others in believing our Father is real. A girls night to help a friend & the miracle God brings about.
Beth Wilson
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well written

I am very glad that I stumbled upon this book. The desperation comes through very well. I look forward to reading more books by this author.
Sue
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopia
Set in a world ruled by the Elite after a terrible war destroyed the Old World, Sinna and Jacob live day to day in the After World, illegally escaping the confines of their Section to sift through the debris of city ruins looking for things to trade. No one is permitted to have any beliefs since the Elite have ruled and love is seen as something that can cause violence leading to war and so it too is banned. Jacob secretly believes in God and is constantly scouting outside their Section to find ...more
Shruti
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Dystopian lovers
( I received a digital copy of this book. Thanks to C.B. Stone!!)

"Don't repeat mistakes of the Old World.
Don't seek love, don't engage in war.
And above all else, don't Believe"

....these are the "important" rules of the new world...

Just after beginning the book I knew that this one's going to be a memorable read. The writing style of the author is so captivating. Just the kind I love :)

"Belief is most dangerous in their view. You'll do crazy things for what you believe even when you know wh
Kel Crist
Dec 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: rar-arc, 2014
I was provided this ebook in exchange for an honest review.

Rehabilitation By C.B. Stone: After the God Wars, the Elite took over. No one is allowed to believe in God and the Elite enforce this to the extreme. No one knows this better than Sinna and Jacob, but they have a secret… Jacob is a believer. Once he’s taken to Rehabilitation Sinna must find a way to bring him back while he’s still himself.

I’m torn on this one. I liked the idea and the story of this book. Sinna is a pessimist/realist wh
Annemarie
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
What I loved most about this book was the reading experience. While reading it, I just loved it and went through it really quickly. The main character is kind of bland. Actually all characters are, with little personality. But the entertainment value of this book is great.
  • Blackout (Darkness Trilogy, #1)
  • Runner (The Runners, Part One)
  • Water & Storm Country (The Country Saga, #3)
  • Pawn (Warchild, #1)
  • Worlds Collide (Sunset Rising, #2)
  • Virus The Unknown (Season 1 of Dying Hope, Zombie Apocalypse:)
  • Nessa (Breeders, #1.1)
  • Elixir (Red Plague #1)
  • Descendant (Descendant, #1)
  • The Cure
  • No Shelter (No Shelter, #1)
  • Ping: From the Apocalypse (Ping #1)
  • The Butterfly and the Flame
  • The Atomic Weight of Secrets or The Arrival of the Mysterious Men in Black (The Young Inventors Guild, #1)
  • Dystopia (Dystopia, #1)
  • Girl Wife Prisoner (Girl Wife Prisoner, #1)
  • Immurement (Undergrounders, #1)
  • Pain Lived, Love Found
C.B. Stone is sometimes called author, writer, or purveyor of stories. One might even dub her a yarn spinner, if you will. It’s very possible she might be considered just a little left of normal by most, but she’s cool with that. Really, she’s too busy avoiding normal to care.

On any given day, you might find Stone pounding away at a keyboard in sunny Florida, contemplating waves, contemplating li

Unbelief (3 books)
  • Ruin (Unbelief #2)
  • Revelation (Unbelief, #3)