Start by marking “A Christmas Reunion, the Gift of a Second Chance” as Want to Read:
A Christmas Reunion, the Gift of a Second Chance

A Christmas Reunion, the Gift of a Second Chance

Heartbroken at the news that her betrothed has wed another woman, Emily is determined to pick up the pieces of her life and enjoy Christmas with her family.

Newly returned from war, Bennett holds a secret and will do anything to ensure Emily, his only true love, never discovers it...even if it means losing her.

Fate reunites the star-crossed lovers and reveals the truth t
Published November 5th 2014 by The Wild Rose Press (first published November 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas Reunion, the Gift of a Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Reunion, the Gift of a Second Chance

Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I loved this short story! Donna Hatch has a way of making the characters and their emotions come to life for the reader. Even though it's short, I finished reading with a smile on my face :)
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I love anything Ms. Hatch writes and this was no exception. Although it was short, it was packed with endearing characters and a heartwarming romance. I loved getting a peak into the love story of Emily and Bennett, sure I would have loved a full-length novel, but this short story was sweet and a fun escape. Ms. Hatch is great at telling so much story in just a little time. I felt like I was able to get to know Emily and Bennett, they had great chemistry and you can't help but hope they will fin ...more
Katie W
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What I really liked about this one was that it was short and sweet--and totally adorable. The holidays are a busy time and it's nice to sit down for a few minutes to put my feet up and read a darling story in one sitting.

I must admit, I was really mad at Bennett at first. He wrote a devastating letter to his betrothed, telling her that he'd wed another while at the hospital, recovering from a war injury. Really?? Of course, Emily was heartbroken. Time passed and their paths crossed again. The tr
Deborah
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Heaven help me I love Donna Hatch. This was so adorable!!! I just didn't want it to end. She can write a sweet moment so well that your heart starts pounding and you get so into it that you forget your reading and not just watching an actual scene from life!(if that makes sense).
Julianna
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Sweet, Historical Romance Novellas
Reviewed for THC Reviews
A Christmas Reunion is one of Donna Hatch’s Regency romance shorts. It’s only about 32 pages by my eReader’s count, so it doesn’t have a particularly involved plot. In it, we have a young lady who’s been jilted by her fiancé who wrote from a battlefield hospital on the continent that he’d married someone else. What she doesn’t know is that it was all a lie he concocted because of injuries he sustained in battle that makes him believe she’d be better off without him. A cha
Donna Hatch
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A sweet, clean historical romanced that takes place during the Napoleonic War about two lovers, torn apart by war and wounded hearts. An accidental meeting at a wayside inn gives them a second chance to regain what they lost.
Jane
4.55 stars - mild pg13 - 32 pages

Very short story, but quite satisfying and complete. Liked writing style. Great H & h. Heartwarming and sweet. Easy half hour Christmas read.
Carol
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, holidays, novella
I really enjoy Donna Hatch's writing style, she can pack a lot of story in just a few words. I knew this was a novella length when I started it, but there is short and then there is really short. This felt like I read the first chapter of a wonderful book and then it ended, I wanted the rest of the story.

Content: clean
Haley
Nov 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Way short but really good. Would love to see it a full novel.
Andrea Smith
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was looking for a good Christmas romance and this really hit the spot.
Book Chick (Tori)
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was in the mood for a short, sweet, happy read and Donna Hatch delivered. Bennett and Emily were extremely likeable and even though it was short, the chemistry was undeniable.
MJSH
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
What a lovely short story! It was a quick read but full of romance, heartbreak, tenderness, and love. Donna Hatch creates wonderful Regency tales and this short story is classically Donna Hatch in the fluid writing, lovely characters, and well-planned plot.

Emily is a jilted fiancée still trying to right her world that was turned upside down when her soldier fiancé informs her through a letter that he’s married another while recovering from a wound in Spain. Bennett is the soldier fiancé who fee
Betty Strohecker
An introduction to this novella notes that Donna Hatch is a must read author for fans of Regency romance. I found this to be true in this wonderful novella unfolding in England, December, 1813. Having received a letter the previous May from her betrothed, breaking their engagement, Emily Annesley is finally emerging from her self-imposed isolation to attend a Christmas celebration with her family. Her former fiance, Captain Bennett Seton, had been fighting in Spain when the letter was sent, tell ...more
Anneliese Dalaba
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a short story, but the two main characters have depth and the story is filled with emotion. Great writing. This is what a short romance should look like. Good job!
Mimi Herbert
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was simply delightful. Am enjoying all her books.
Robin
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it

A Christmas Reunion by Donna Hatch is a sweet story about pain, sacrifice, forgiveness and everlasting love. It is the perfect message for a holiday book and brought a smile to my face.

Emily has loved Bennett forever, but the news that he has married another woman leaves her completely devastated. With Christmas fast approaching, Emily is determined to overcome
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved the depth of emotion in this novella. A fun Christmas romance.
Tiffany
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this short read. It was so short though but I still ended up really liking both main characters.
Chesney
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cute sweet novella. Would have love to hear more of Emily and Bennet's story. Great chemistry for such a short read though.
Kristina
Sweet but too short. Review to follow.
Pat
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Short but very sweet...a truly lovely second chance romance. A broken military man and a heartsick former fiancé have an unexpected and very revealing meeting while traveling over Christmas.
Canda
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! This is one of my favorite authors, so naturally I wish the book had been longer.
Elaine
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindlefire, regency
A short sweet story, and a pleasure to read. Enjoyable.
Kristi
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
A nice story, though not particularly related to Christmas as it could have taken place any time of year.
Gayle
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, read-in-2014
4.5 stars. This was a wonderful short Christmas story. My only complaint was it was too short! Would have loved more about these characters.
Paige
alison Fitchet
Apr 25, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Object of His Affection
  • The Christmas Eve Kiss (Christmas in Snow Valley #4)
  • Feels Like Love (Christmas in Snow Valley #2)
  • Christmas in Snow Valley  (Snow Valley Romance Anthologies, #1)
  • All I Want
  • The Christmas Star
  • Marian's Christmas Wish - Just a simple Christmas Wish -- but not simple when Love is at Stake
  • Twelve Days in December (Hearthfire Romance, #3.5)
  • Blue Christmas (Christmas in Snow Valley #6)
  • Full Court Devotion (Christmas in Snow Valley #3)
  • The Rejected Suitor (Clearbrook Regency, #1)
  • Lady Crenshaw's Christmas (Miss Delacourt #3)
  • Winter Collection
  • Christmas Grace
  • Shattered Secrets (The Secret Trilogy, #3)
  • Risking it all for Love (Christmas in Snow Valley #5)
  • Werewolf Revenge (Taming the Wolf, #3)
  • A Country Christmas
Donna Hatch is the award-winning author of the best-selling “Rogue Hearts Series” and is published in sweet Regency romance and fantasy. Her professional memberships include Romance Writers of America (RWA)and American Night Writers Association (ANWA). A sought-after workshop presenter, she juggles freelance editing, multiple volunteer positions, not to mention her six children (seven, counting he ...more