Start by marking “Fae: The Realm of Twilight (The Riven Wyrde Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fae: The Realm of Twilight (The Riven Wyrde Saga, #2)

Fae: The Realm of Twilight

(The Riven Wyrde Saga #2)

The Riven Wyrde Saga continues...

The Wyrde is dead and gone, its protection passed into the ether. The fae have been loosed upon the world as they begin their wild hunt, a nightmare from fable and legend made flesh.

Kindle Edition, First Edition, Fallen Leaf Press. Second Edition Realmwalker Publishing Group, 330 pages
Published December 15th 2014 (first published November 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Fae, please sign up.
Jay I'm currently reading it and I would be really happy to win the first ever signed copy. If I do, I will give my own copy to another fantasy-lover in n…moreI'm currently reading it and I would be really happy to win the first ever signed copy. If I do, I will give my own copy to another fantasy-lover in need of fantasty reading stuff. :)(less)

Start your review of Fae: The Realm of Twilight (The Riven Wyrde Saga, #2)
Beatriz Cunha Tavares ☾
4.5*, but I’m rounding up to 5* and adding it to my favorites shelf because it was reeeally great.

This is the second instalment in Graham Austin-King’s The River Wyrde Saga, and I’m glad to say it doesn’t suffer from the well famous second book syndrome. While in the first book things were just being presented to the reader and only started to really develop towards the end, in this one we barely had slow chapters and it was very action packed.

In The Realm of Twilight, we’re transported to the
J.P. Ashman
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Listened to this on Audible. A solid 5* to both story and narration.

This sequel ramped up everything from action and intrigue, through fantastical vistas and wonderful settings, to believable characters and excellent prose.

I felt like the first book was a build up to this one, with far more fae in it and a faster pace. I stormed through this whilst driving up and down the country, and highly recommend this trilogy.

Looking forward to listening to the next one.
Aidan Hennessy
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie, onkindle
An improvement on the first installment, as the plot gets deeper and we get to see the Fae world. This is effectively and evocatively brought to life, in parts both mystical and alien, and is intriguing on both counts.

A well-crafted tale, and looking forward to the final installment.
Michael
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Dark fairytales
This gets 3.9 out of 5-stars rounded up to 4. The story really gets moving in this second instalment of Graham Austin-King's trilogy. The Fae are a great threat to the two warring human civilisations, but they don't seem to be obliged to cooperate with one another for their survival.

This isn't the first fairytale-type fantasy I have read but it is the best one so far (in my opinion). It has the combat that has become so popular in modern-day fantasy. It has its love-interests. It has politics. I
Tim Marquitz
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A riveting visual affair that leaps from the pages and draws you straight back into the world of Fae. Graham has taken the poise and prose of The Wild Hunt and honed it to an edge, the writing sharp and dangerous, every word sinking in deep to leave a mark. Enter the realm of Fae at your peril. You’ll quickly find you never want to leave.
Kristen
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
(There's a bigger, prettier version of this review here, on my blog.)

I'll start off with narration here, because narration is the absolute #1 reason that I clamored to have this book as an audiobook rather than reading it from the trilogy collection that I have on my kindle (which is, btdubs, the only reason I know how to spell any of these names, lol).

Jonny McPherson is a fantastic narrator for this series and he tells this story so well. He doesn't so much tell the story as he acts it out. He
Trevor Sherman
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book Full review to come on my blog https://thebloggoblin.com/ amazon and here ...more
C.T. Phipps
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: grimdark, fantasy
When I read Fae: The Wild Hunt by Graham Austin-King, I was under the impression I was reading a darker-than-normal fantasy which would still very much fall under the auspices of Young Adult fiction. Having read the sequel, I revised my opinion and now think of Graham Austin King as a grimdark author and a very good one. He doesn't lace his work down with profanity, sex scenes, or visceral violence but manages to invoke the kind of subtle horror as well as causal brutality which Mark Lawrence w ...more
G.R. Matthews
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I like that you get to see a different world and the ending isn't just a cliffhanger... its a reveal that makes you want to read on!
Leona
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie-books, fantasy
Disclaimer: I have received a review copy in exchange of an honest review and I have recently signed with the same publisher. However I read book 1 and started reading this book before I signed with Realmwalker.

This is the second book of the Riven Wyrde Saga series by Graham Austin-King. See the review for the first book, Fae: The Wild Hunt: http://grimdarkalliance.com/blog/2015...

This book continues the momentum of action where the first book ended, in a different part of the world. If you have
T.O. Munro
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to receive an ARC of Graham Austin-King's second book in his fantasy epic saga and devoured it and hot on the heels of finishing its predecessor "Fae - the Wild Hunt"

"Fae - The Realm of Twilight" is the second in Austin-King's Riven Wyrde saga (I believe it will be a trilogy) It is a comfortable but pacy read which I devoured in a couple of days.

I tend, when thinking of a book, to try to place it and describe it by comparison with other works. (I hope that helps others picture th
kartik narayanan
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read the full review at my site https://wp.me/p89tYT-iW

Happy endings only happen in faerie tales, Gavin. In life you need to work for any ending you can get. The happy ones always seem to take their price in tears. Yours or those of another, the price must always be paid.

Introduction

‘The Riven Wyrde Saga’, authored by Graham Austin-King, is his first fantasy series. This saga is a trilogy consisting of ‘Fae – The Wild Hunt’, ‘Fae – The Realm of Twilight’ and ‘Fae – The Sins of the Wyrde’.

The pre
Jennifer (bunnyreads)
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Wow. Good solid second book! I enjoyed this one more even more than the last. I'm only going to touch on a few things and I always try to stay spoiler free.

First, the beginning of this book doesn't hold back in reminding you that these Fae are not nice. Loved it- great start!

We do see more Fae in this story too, without really seeing that much more of them. I'm loving that the darker tone of mystery and fear about them is still present.

There are a few new characters this time around and we also
Wanda Hartzenberg
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
The Riven Wyrde Saga Continues... The Wyrde is dead and gone, its protection passed into the ether. The fae have been loosed upon the world as they begin their wild hunt, a nightmare from fables and legend made flesh. At Hesk, in the heart of the Barren Isles, Ylsriss must confront a reality she never could have imagined when her son is stolen from her by the fae. Her desperate attempts to reclaim him lead her far from this world and deep into the Realm of Twilight where a still darker truth awa ...more
Marielle
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It was even better then the first! It was very hard to put down and I can't wait to see how this story will continue... so I won't wait and start book 3 immediately! What an amazing series!
Matthew
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
See my review of the entire saga here:

Lynn Worton
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in The Riven Wyrde Saga. I LOVED IT!

I normally do a character breakdown in the reviews I write, but there are quite a few characters in this book to do one for all of them, so I will just jump straight into my review.

I love dark fantasy novels, and because I really loved the first book in the series, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one!

The story continues from the end of the first book, and is told through several points of view. I loved this, because it gave the
Katie Harder-schauer
It has been eight months since I read Fae: The Wild Hunt (the first book in this series) and normally for a series with this scope, re-reading the previous books is mandatory for me to feel up to speed with the storyline after a break that long. I didn't find that to be the case with Fae: The Realm of Twilight. I was thrown a little at first, until I realized that the character I was following wasn't one of the major players from the Wild Hunt (although he is a major player in Realm of Twilight) ...more
Billr
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What if Faire Tales were lessons that should not be forgotten?

I Love This Story

This is a great book that deserves more attention than it gets!

The story unfolds at just the right pace and as with any great story, the truth is more complex than it first appears. What starts out as a fairly black and white conflict takes on shares of grey as the story unfolds. I really like that readers aren't treated like village idiots where everyone knows the truth other than us. We learn facts as characters le
Clare Davidson
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you enjoy epic fantasy, with multiple points of view, then you'll enjoy the middle book in the Riven Wyrde Saga. The Realm of Twilight is written in a sweeping, complex style, with several plot threads that are beginning to converge as more about the mysterious Fae is revealed.

The Realm of Twilight follows characters we got to know in the first book and a few more besides. For me, Ylsriss' plot thread was the most riveting, as she struggles to find her baby in the Fae realm. Aided by a young
Tina
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read the first and second books in this trilogy one after the other; the first was a bit slow to start but soon picked up the pace and by the second I was committed to the characters and the story the author was telling. Never have the Fae been so threatening, just a small appearance by them fills the human world with dread. But is the situation entirely one-sided, and might the human world bear some responsibility for creating the hatred the Fae are now bent upon visiting upon humanity? It's ...more
A.R. DeClerck
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was a great follow up to #1! The characters are deep and multi-dimensional, the world exquisitely constructed. The Fae are scary, scary folk and they have big plans for the world we occupy. Though it leaves off without a distinct conclusion to the story it does leave the reader anxiously awaiting book 3! 4.5 stars just because I wanted to know more and now I have to wait!
Jay
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
An amazing sequel to Graham Austin-Kings first volume of his "Riven-Wyrde-Saga". Strong characters, good ideas and a gripping plot merge to an awesome storyline that won't let you off the hook for hours. Start with Fae-The Wild Hunt and read it!
Nancie
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

This is an excellent story! I can hardly wait to begin the next book. So much going on but it all fits together in a wonderful way. Definitely recommend this to any fantasy lovers out there!
Craig 'KODIAKC' Black
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
The surprises don't stop coming in book 2 along with more and more questions
Selina
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another splendid read!
What I like most about this series is the combination of multiple POVs from likeable characters, good worldbuilding and a very fluent prose. It goes down like butter, if you get my meaning.
The ark that I found most intriguing and had me surprised a couple of times was that of Ylsriss. It was like discovering a new world and I never knew what might come next.
I also enjoyed how the battles and everything important around and about them was described as well as all the charact
Milton
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book keeps building from the first book. Fairy tales come to be just that, and the characters keep developing in the story. From a dark perspective the story tells the dark part of the Fae like its told in the old country where they take children and women . This book tells the growth of the characters, builds on the different stories lines that are been shared in the pages of the book. It shock in some parts but is what makes the book great going to a dark story but with a lot of informatio ...more
Darren Kloss
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great follow on from the first book, and now I'm two thirds through the final book of this extremely enjoyable trilogy. I don't have any complaints; the characters are interesting, the story compelling and if I had the time I would have happily read these books from start to finish with no pause in between.

If you like high fantasy such as Sanderson, Rothfuss, Wheel of Time or other such books this is for you.

Rebecca Slaton
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great for escaping! Not too wild of a fantasy that would chase away those not 'into' fantasy.

I was hesitant, initially, but warmed up to this great story, the further I ventured within. Highly recommend for those who are NOT hardcore fantasy fans as well as those who already are...
Kassi
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is such a wonderful gem of a book. I have so far loved reading the first and second installments of this trilogy and I look forward to finishing it soon. I strongly recommend reading this series to any lover of fairy tale and folklore.
Free copy 1 1 Feb 10, 2019 11:49PM

• The Sword of Kaigen
  • Blood of Heirs (The Coraidic Sagas #1)
  • The City We Became (Great Cities #1)
  • The Time Hunters (Time Hunters, #1)
  • Legacy of Ghosts (The Coraidic Sagas #2)
  • Hellenic Ethnic Religion: Theology and Practice
  • Das geheime Band zwischen Mensch und Natur
  • Holunderblüte
  • Wait for Me (With Me, #1)
  • Soulbound (Return of the Elves, #1)
  • The Burning White (Lightbringer, #5)
  • Aphrodite: A Memoir of the Senses
  • Notes on Camp
  • Ares: The Origins and History of the Greek God of War
  • Meditations on the Roman Deities: A Guide for Modern Practitioners (Modern Roman Living Series)
  • Ask the Man Who Owns Him
  • The Hellenistic Age: A Very Short Introduction
  • Hal Moore: A Life in Pictures

Graham Austin-King was born in the south of England and weaned on broken swords and half-forgotten spells. A shortage of these forced him to consume fantasy novels at an ever-increasing rate, turning to computers and tabletop gaming between meals.

He experimented with writing at the beginning of an education that meandered through journalism, international relations, and law. To this day he is comm

The Riven Wyrde Saga (3 books)
  • Fae: The Wild Hunt (Riven Wyrde Saga #1)
  • Fae: The Sins of the Wyrde (The Riven Wyrde Saga, #3)