Start by marking “Ménage Material (La Belle sans la Bête #1)” as Want to Read:
Ménage Material (La Belle sans la Bête #1)

Ménage Material

(La Belle sans la Bête #1)

Realizing there’s a third person in her marriage, Devvy Jacques is stunned. Discovering her husband’s lover is a man, she’s horrified. Learning that man is Alexei Ivanov, the internationally renowned scientist behind the cure for cancer, she’s...
Horny?
Being part of a ménage wasn’t in any of her fairy tales as a kid, but the more she’s with hubby, Sebastien, and new lover,
Published November 11th 2014 by Siren Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ménage Material, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ménage Material

Talltree
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-menage
Erotic MMF menage romance with substance, likeable MCs and great writing!
4.5 stars!
Iza
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book was provided to me by the author in exchange for an honest review and reviewed for http://theereaderjunkie.blogspot.fr

It's funny, I started this year reading Serena Akeroyd's serials, now I'm finishing it with one of her novels. I have grown to love her "raunchy love stories", as she calls them !

This one is not only a hot erotic ménage story, it's also a story of mending, of evolving. It starts when Devvy, an American botanist, suspect her CEO husband of cheating on her. What she doesn'
Chappy
All in all, a pretty impressive read. I am a Serena Akeroyd virgin no longer.

I did this as a buddy read with my team "Kinky Little Smuts" from the Erotica group Battle of the Books 2015 challenge.

Devvy was so insecure with her super hot (although 20 years older) husband. When she finds out that their marriage was instigated by Sebastien's gay lover Alex...she doesn't know what to make of it.

Once they convince her to join in their menage a trois, the passion heats up and a real loving relationshi
Dirty Dayna
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
 photo author_zps06219876.png

Your money.
your wife
or your LOVER
100,000 Euros to keep quiet. To keep your sick secret hidden from the papers.
you have five weeks to figure out which means more to you
Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.
Ill be in touch and ill be watching
-an interested third Party

(that prologue sucked me in!!!)

5 Ma Petite Stars

So I have been loving Serena since I basically joined Goodreads. She has three other series out that are delicious. This is the first time I have read a full length Serena book. I
Steph
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW - this is a seriously good book! Not for the first time, I wish that we had the option of a special rating for those exceptionally excellent reads where a 5 just isn't enough. Not your typical ménage storyline or characters, MÉNAGE MATERIAL has what so many erotic romance stories lack: substance.

Devvy and Sebastien Jacques have been happily married for two years, but something is amiss in paradise. Sebastien admits to Devvy that he has a longtime lover, famed scientist Alexi Ivanov, and tha
Greebo Nauenburg
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy Hell!!!
I really LOVED this book!! To tell you the truth, I wasn't sure I was going to. The blurb really intrigued me, but it also exposed the fact that the heroine's husband has still been seeing his lover of twenty years behind her back. Even though their intention was to eventually bring her in as the third in a ménage, it was still cheating. Cheating is one of my hard limits when it comes to an erotic romance...any romance for that matter...especially if it's one of the main characters.
Lynn Smith
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Devvy Jacques considered herself a nerd. Being a scientist and always a few years younger then her peers for most of her life. She couldn't figure out how she ended up with such a hot, sexy attractive husband. What could she expect, she knew he was cheating on her. She knew she could never hold him for long. Twenty years her senior Sebastien owned the company she developed cosmetics for. Never much for confrontation she had to know the truth. To say she never imagined what the truth was going to ...more
Katrina
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Please check out my full 5 star review here

I was given the opportunity to be one of the first to read Menage Material and it ticked all the boxes for me. I was enthralled, this was a total 5 Star read for me.

Devvy is one energizer bunny...................she just keeps going and going.

Most woman would be horrified to find out that their husband's were having an affair.

Let alone, to find out that the person their husband was carrying on with, was not a woma
Heidi
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion and a review.

This is the first book i have ever read by Serena Akeroyd, I have a bit of an addiction to ménage books and this one has a whole different spin on a ménage relationship which i really enjoyed.

Devvy Jacques has come to the conclusion that there is a third person in her marriage, she is not only stunned but hurt as well but she takes it all in her stride, even when she discovers her husband’s lover is a man, she is morti
Denise
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
** I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.**

Double wow! I'm not even sure where to start. I love Serena Akeroyd's work. So far, every book I've read by her has been exceptional. This book, 'Ménage Material', exceeded my expectations. The storyline was so in depth, that I could not put it down. I loved how it played out. The erotic aspect was way above the hotness level I expected, but with Serena Akeroyd's talent for writing erotica, I should have known better. Whe
Romance Readers Retreat
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have read one other book by this author, and she writes fabulously but i couldnt connect with her characters. I really didn't know what to expect with this one but i was willing to give it a try. Menage ... says it all right ?!! lots of great sex right ?!! NOPE !!! This book got me hook line and sinker. its AMAZING !! Its not all about the sex like i expected. There is a story and its an AMAZING STORY !!!
These are some of the best characters i've read this year. I will admit, in the first 2 or
Demi Idle
Jun 24, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a pretty good book, 3.25 easy stars.

Pleasant and smooth read, with plenty of sexy scenes and decent dialogue. None of the characters annoyed me, and at times they were amusing.

My only gripe, and the reason for not giving it a higher rating is bringing childhood sexual abuse into an erotica novel. I detest it. If you need to bring up the issue, write a separate book, free from any titillation. The two things should never mix, much less be so central to the plot. I do not deny the problem
Jessica
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is not your everyday menage book where everything is roses nor is the female the main obstacle. Here we have a book where you get to see main characters subjectively pick apart themselves as they try to answer the "why me" question. These are individuals with their on careers and backstories which have direct influence on their current behavior and beliefs. Most importantly they are not kids looking for a quick fix to mend a brokenheart.

I found it to be a great change in pace where usually
Moon Reviews
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received it in exchange of an honest review!
Wow!!! I have loved only a few books with menage and this one has to be in the top 3!!!!! Serena Akeroyd gives it to you all!!! Very interesting story with great and lovable characters, red hot scenes.... I loved every minute of it!!! My only little regret is at the end! I wished the "after" was more detailed, like a baby or two! So once again, two thumbs up high in air with lighters on!!!!!!!!!!
Karen
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Whoa!
Talking about thigh squeezing!
Devvy and Sebastian have been married for 2 years, but Sebastian has been keeping a secret, a big one. Devvy is 19 yrs younger than bestian and has never felt worthy of his love. Bestian is extremely sexy and wealthy. When devvy asks Sebastian if he's cheating, his secret comes out. Lots and lots of hot sexy loving making ;)
Zan
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mmf
I really liked the way the three characters respected each other. Nice threesome.
Saskia
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my second book by Serena and I loved this book a lot. This is the story of Devvy, Bastien and Alex. There are plenty of MFM books out there, but not that many which also have some MM action. That is something I like because the dynamic in a MM relationship is always different.

Serena has a beautiful style of writing with a lot of attention to details. She brings the surroundings and the characters to life.

What I love is that there is an actual story in this book with complex and layered
Aisha Oaktree
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
review pending
Becca Sellers
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Devvy and Sebastian have a great relationship, considering Sebastian has quite a few years on her. Lately, however, Devvy feels that something is missing so she confronts her husband and asks him outright if he's cheating...his answer blows her away! Not only is he having an 'affair' but has been for years...and with her crush no less! Alex is a brilliant man, but needs some work in other areas and what results makes an amazing book!

A definite must read! Very informative and sexy!!!!

***** Review
Shannon
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, menage, over-300, mf, mm
ut simply, this book is a beautiful, thoughtful love story. I loved the story line, the characters and their relationships were strong and it was a true joy to read. This is the first book I've read by this author but it certainly is not the last. The detail with which she writes is amazing. I felt like I was there in Paris watching this threesome find their way to happiness. Highly, highly recommend.
Laz the Sailor
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: smut
While the story was fairly original, and avoided many stereotypical pitfalls, the writing was filled with pages of internal monologues, often repeated. This became quite tedious. Alex's phobia did not ring true for me, however strong the cause.

However, the 3 main characters treated each other with love and respect, and the lack of a true Alpha was a plus for me. Some of the sex scenes were hot, though some others were luke-warm. I liked Devvy's deal with Alex later in the story - clever.

The driv
Shelly
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the better ménages I’ve read in quite a while. Other than a couple moments of the author’s pontification on a few social norms I really enjoyed this story. This is a new to me author and the first in her ‘La Belle sans la Bête’ series. Most ménage romances tend to stick to the trio involved and this one did to a certain extent. It’s rare to find one where there’s potential ‘exposure’ to parties outside of the trios world or anyone else who would normally give a crap about them any ...more
Tbird London
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Devvy was a remarkable lead female in this book. She is strong, intelligent, genuinely in love to her older husband Sebastien and moved from her home in the USA to Paris. The last few weeks have not been routine with her husband. He is not only successful; he is handsome and would have sex with her multiple times a day, but not now. There is only one conclusion; he had to be having an affair. After working up her courage to finally ask him, the answer was anything other than what she expected. H ...more
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
You had me until the end! I really enjoyed Menage Material. This was the first book that I have read by Serena Akeroyd and I look forward to reading more from this author! This is a MMF romance so make sure you like them before you read it. I LOVED it. I have actually had this book on my Kindle since January 16, 2015. I am so glad to read some of my TBR's. And, I am sad that it took me a year to sit down and read it. But, it shouldn't take me as long for the next book. I just put it on my Kindle ...more
Aղցela W.
Spoiler Head This was a really good book. This book was picked for me in a pick it for me challenge. Devvy Jacques has been married to her husband Sebastien for two years when she realizes that he is having an affair. Davvy is a science geek she knows that she is not the type of woman that men find beautiful she doesn't care about fashion like most women she grew up with a mother who always talked down to her for not being pretty enough or thin enough and she was glad to have a husband like Seba ...more
Yuki
Jan 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
Je ne recommanderai pas, très mal exécuté. Et c'est quoi ces préjugés sur les français et européens. Nous ne sommes pas aussi libres d'esprit et c'est parce que tu dis "merci" et "au revoir", que tu sais parler le français. C'est vraiment débil de croire parce que Paris est soi disant la capitale de l'amour que pour autan il y des treesome à chaque coin de rue. Dans ce livre que des propos réducteurs. Pfff j'y crois pas! Si c'est pour écrire des âneries pareilles sans même connaître ou vivre dan ...more
Sonia Phillips
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I only just got this when I saw the second book in the series was out so I read them back to back.
Loved it.
Already read Serena Akeroyd's self-published stuff and enjoyed it, and this, well, it was fab. I loved Alex and Sebastien, I loved their tale. They were strong and sexy, hot and handsome. ANd Devvy just complemented them perfectly, but, at the same, she WASN'T perfect.
I like how the sex is hot and integral to Serena Akeroyd's stories BUT at the same time, it's not JUST sex. Too many sex
Christine
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
ARC received from author in exchange for an honest review.

I have read several short stories by Serena and I think 'menage' is her forte. She always manages to get you to fall in love with her main 3 characters and this novel is no exception. Although they all have personal anxieties and doubts, they are not whingeing and complaining all the time, as in many romance novels I have read. Their love and determination to be together wins through regardless of other people's moral expectations or nas
Neek
Jan 09, 2015 rated it liked it
The story was sweet and a bit emotional. For me it lacked detail wether three sex scenes were concerned.
Bookishcat
Mar 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Serena Akeroyd is a romanceaholic. She won’t touch a book unless she knows there’s a happy ever after at the end of it. Pathetic as it may be, because of this addiction, Serena decided to craft her own tales, stories that suit her voracious need for raunchy romance. After all, a love story ain’t a lurve story without a bit of raunch!
A citizen of the world, Serena is a nomad at heart, and her novel

La Belle sans la Bête (2 books)
  • A Thoroughly Modern Ménage (La Belle sans la Bête #2)