Start by marking “Impact” as Want to Read:
Impact

Impact

(The Dying Time #1)

Imagine being a thousand miles from the impact site and being almost deafened by the sound and seeing buildings flattened by the shock wave. You are thrown off your feet by jolting earthquakes that peg the Richter scale, nearly burned to death by fire falls--think rain showers but with magma--and if you live along a coastline (or likely anywhere within several hours drive) ...more
ebook
Published December 1st 2014 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Impact, please sign up.
Raymond White The next book is After The Dying Time. It is out as an ebook and is the second book in The Dying Time Trilogy. Like The Dying Time: Impact it is a com…moreThe next book is After The Dying Time. It is out as an ebook and is the second book in The Dying Time Trilogy. Like The Dying Time: Impact it is a complete stand alone novel, but it continues the development and stories of the characters you already know. I'm hard at work on the third book in the series and hope to have it out this year.(less)

Start your review of Impact
Sara Hathaway
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Personally I enjoy books that have a great story but also teach you valuable information as you journey along with the characters. Some of the information in this book had me reaching for my notebook so I could record the details and go learn more about it later. One downside to this detailed description was at times some of the brand names and suggested websites felt a little forced and made the story commercialized. It was kind of similar to watching an old Flintstone cartoon with a Winston co ...more
Marion Marchetto
Lately I've been reading a good number of post-apocalyptic stories. I like exploring the various ways that mankind may meet his demise and I also like to see how those characters 'in the know" prepare for and survive the end of the world.

The Dying Time: Impact uses an impending asteroid strike as the vehicle of Earth's annihilation - very plausible. But the reactions of the characters vary from 'so what' to 'I'd rather die than be a slave to cannibals'. Yes, cannibals who in earlier days were j
Raymond White

Full disclosure. I am the author of this ebook. My book is receiving 5 star reviews on Amazon, which is why I didn't feel like I was cheating to rate it at 5 stars here.

I read it on my Kindle to see if I (or more accurately, my wife) could find any formatting or grammatical errors my editor and I had missed--and we did find a few that will be uploaded in a corrected version tomorrow. Turns out she's a natural as a line editor.

I am an avid reader as well as being a writer so I truly believe Prep

Peter Bruyns
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Right time to Buy

The Dying Time. What a great book and it tells me Raymond has a great editor. I did find one or two smaaal spelling mistakes but typos like that in this world of autospellers are not strange. This book just goes to show that it does not matter what reason you prep for ( lack of grid supply is mine), it is VERY possibly you will find a proper use for the items. Never with you be sorry unless there are freeloaders. Read the books in the series and shudder.
Ron
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best disaster novels I've ever read with amazing descriptive narrative and character's who you come to feel are friends. And you hope that there endeavours will succeed and that the evil they face will be overcome. Definitely recommend this novel
Lance
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good disaster book

Too many characters and side stories. Took a while to care about a few of them. Loved the disaster talk and the survival parts though.
John
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book had great potential - fascinating premise, interesting characters and a good pace. However, at times the author's poor use of grammar and punctuation issues really get to be distracting.
Sam
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A well written, rather thought provoking book! I would recommend this for any one that likes end of the world scenarios! Also useful for prepping advice!
Teresa Vogt
A world I would pray never comes to pass, but could picture very easily, unfortunately.

This review is from: The Dying Time: Impact (The Dying Time Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

The beginning of the end, be afraid very afraid.
Raymond Dean White writes a very realistic view of what America could look like after an asteroid strike that doesn't kill everyone. The preppers that everyone calls crazy are dealing with the atmospheric dust cloud better then most. The factions on what is left of the wes
Anne
Jan 15, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The story moved along well. Sadly, the author chose to write about one place he did not know well and chose not to research. Amana, Iowa. I nearly threw my book out the window in disgust. But I value my Kindle too much to treat it so poorly.

My problem? The Amana Colonies are not now, never have been, and never will be Amish. Not even a little. There are not Amish communities or even Mennonite communities anywhere near the Amana Colonies.

The Amanas were 5 Utopian communities established during t
wwjdcindygmail.com
What an exciting yet a bit terrifying story!!

I came upon this book a little before Christmas but read it in just 4 days.I'm not sure why but I come across very few asteroid books and what few I have read have left me wanting.I am aware there's an inherent problem writing any book that is actually pretty much how any of us apocalyptic readers would picture that time to be.though I'm not one who would mind a longer book, I'm sure it would take just that to capture that terrifying scenario.that sai
Hakan
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A nice book in the vein of The Hammer of God. An unexpected rock is en route to the little blue planet, of course it strikes nearly true, and we are treated to the near total collapse of civilization as we know it.

The story kept me hooked, reading just about every free minute I could spare. What lifts this story above many other rock-strikes-blue-planet-oh-woe-is-us stories is a nearly believeable "Project Genesis" and the ways well-prepared people use the remains of civilization to start anew.
Gaston Sanders
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping action, realistic characterization...fantastic

Raymond Dean White writes with an engaging eye towards his characters and their own motivations that makes for some truly enjoyable reading. I loved the book and was enthralled by the story. Apocalypse story fans will find this book to be one of the best on the market today.
I had to force myself to put it down long enough to get some of my own work done. After which I would race back to my book-marked place to continue my adventure in time.
Debbie Akers
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Comets and Cannibals, what's not to like?

This is a great, sweeping story with several storylines...all of them will keep your attention. Although there is a part two on the horizon, the story is not one of those dreaded cliffhangers. I try not to buy those anymore. I think authors need to trust that an amazing story with an actual ending will still inspire readers to purchase the next book in the series without that particular literary device. I will definitely be on the lookout for Book Two of
C. Tom Craig
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A most enjoyable read

This was an action packed story, and I found it difficult to put down. Although there were many characters to try to keep up with, the author did a great job of bringing them all into the story often enough to keep the reader from mixing them up, or forgetting their parts in the story.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys action and adventure stories, and I look forward to reading book two.
Delphine Lopez
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
World gone wrong

This is the first of a trilogy which is based on a catastrophic event when an asteroid hits the earth. Forewarned but the majority of the world is doomed. Well thought and brilliantly scripted characters weave their way through tough survival decisions, plagues and ruthless evil enemies. I am looking forward to the next installment and have my bugout bag packed.
Andrew
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. It took me a bit to get into this book, and at first, did not really like any of the characters; but once the action really started, found myself cheering for the good guys and I cursing the bad. Not sure, but probably will read the second book just for closure. Would love the author to include a map of the new world.
Andrea Butler
A Great Read

After reading my fare share of PA novels, The Dying Time: Impact is like a breath of fresh air in an overworked genre. Fast paced, excellent character development and many twists and turns, made this an interesting and extremely believable tale. The space station scenario added a definite twist to the story line. Can't wait for Mr. White's next book in this trilogy!
Carolyn McBride
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the energy and education in this tale. God, it was so dark at times, but then, who expects the end of the world to be fluffy? I read this book in two sittings. The pace was well-maintained, and even though there was a lot of characters to keep up with, I connected with many of them. This was a great read!
Pam Shelton-Anderson
The writing style was decent, but I had trouble connecting with any of the characters. The bad guys are just so one dimensional. I did start to root for Ellen and Michael and at least cared that they survived.
Faith Calhoun
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like The Stand and The Passage Series rolled into One Incredible Book!

And I can't wait for the next one! This is truly one of the best and most realistic dooms day book I've read lately, and I've read many
scott
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Hard to put down. Geographically detailed. Surprising outcomes. I found myself rooting for the the innocent, the slaves, and sort of hoping some of the bad guys would have a change of heart.
billy
Awesome work

This is an awesome book. It was well written and moved along smoothly. The characters were believable and the story was packed with action. I can hardly wait for the next book.
E. Moore
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

I found this an interesting read but the story line is much like hundreds of others of similar nature. Still a good read.
Anita
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Book

Kept me reading every chance I had until finished... I feel like I know the characters and can't wait to read the sequel.
Tonya Bailey
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good reading

Book captured my interest and kept it. I thought it jumped around a bit too much at first, but it slowly pulled it all together and made great reading.
gail west
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

GreAt details. Great action. Characters well developed. I like how the balance between human actions and characteristics reflect both the savage and humane.
Kirsten M Lampson
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Dying Time

Didn't appreciate the unnecessary profanity but otherwise an excellent page turner and I Will read the next installment. Keep up the great writing MR. White.
william B collins
Good read

Liked this book a lot it had a hat tip in it for a lot of products that I already have and Some I will be checking out now got to read next one.
harriet sheehy
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Damon fine read!

Very good characters that you can care about -- or hate! Imaginative and fast paced. Can be read alone or as part of series.

• Aliens: Bug Hunt
  • The Vermilion Strain : Post-Apocalyptic Extinction
  • Storm Warning (Tertiary Effects Book 2)
  • Junkyard Pirate
  • The Masks of Time
  • Prelude to Extinction
  • Back to the Moon
  • The Approach (Courage Colony Book 1)
  • The Mind Field (The Science Officer #2)
  • The Pleasure Dome (The Science Officer #4)
  • The Gilded Cage (The Science Officer #3)
  • The Last Flagship (The Science Officer Book 6)
  • The Lethal Bones (Harvey Bennett Prequels #3)
  • Ocean of Storms
  • 300 Miles (Perilous Miles #0.5)
  • Grant Us Mercy: Installment Two: Post-Apocalyptic Survival Fiction
  • Apocalypse Z: Book 1 (Rise of the Undead)
  • The Last Airship (Sam Reilly #1)

The Dying Time (3 books)