Start by marking “Lux (The Nocte Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lux (The Nocte Trilogy, #3)

Lux (The Nocte Trilogy #3)

3.69  ·  Rating Details ·  1,726 Ratings  ·  459 Reviews
LET THERE BE LIGHT.

My name is Calla Price and I’m broken.

My pieces are all around me, floating on the wind, even as I desperately try to grasp them.

I don’t know.

I do know this: The darkness is strangling me. With every breath, I choke on another lie.

My mind has protected me, but that shield will soon be lowered.

All will be
Published October 28th 2015 (first published October 26th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Lux, please sign up.

Alokita Sharma 28th October is the release date. Fingers crossed it will be released that day.

Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Lux
Series: The Nocte Trilogy
Author: Courtney Cole
Release date: October 28, 2015
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

Once again, I'm stuck here with a blinking cursor and a searching mind. How in the world do you review a series like this? The mystery and confusion that bombards you from page one of Nocte grows into a ravenous beast of desperation by the final piece of the story: Lux. At this point, followers of the Nocte Trilogy have passed desperatio
warhawke
Lux is LIVE!!!
Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo

Genre: Mystery/Suspense
Type: Book 3 of The Nocte Trilogy
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Calla Price had two people that she really cared about – her twin brother Finn and the man she loved, Dare DuBray. Every day she battled to distinguish between dream and reality as she learned more about the dark past of her lineage and she needed to make a choice that would change everything for better or worse.

Lux continued from where the last book left of
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★ 2 Stars ★★

Lux is the final instalment in the Nocte Trilogy and I am going to be honest here, it left me feeling hugely disappointed. Personally I thought it was very anti-climatic and overly repetitive, and extremely confusing for the sake of being crazy.

After spending 2 and a half books trying to get some answers, I felt let down by was a very rushed ending and my mind was left in a blur.

I did spend the first half of the book glued to my kindle, so for that I am giving 2 stars for effort.

ARC
Jasmine
No rating at the moment

Usually I'd assume when you read the end of a series, you'll get a sense of finality or some sort of relief. That wasn't the case for me here. I finished the book (and series) with a kind of a huge "huh?" in my head right now.

I'm not sure what to make of this read after finishing it. I'm struggling to rate it because how can you rate a book that you can barely comprehend? At this point, I'm still trying to digest and figure out the entire crux of the series. It's entire
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Do we all remember what happened in #NOCTE & #VERUM????

I have to admit, I did a little re-read when I found first #INITIUM and then #LUX on my kindle. But while I was doing that, I realized that I didn't forget a thing about what happened in the first books. You just can't forget such an extremely memorable story!! Not that remembering means understanding anything ☺☺☺

description

PLEASE STOP READING NOW, IF YOU HAVEN'T READ #NOCTE!!!!!!

[image error]

description

OkeyDokey, where to begin...???
#LUX pretty much starts
Norah Una Sumner
3,5 stars

Advice:You should probably read Initium if you want to understand this book a bit better.

description

First of all,I have to say that the publishing date for this book has been pushed three times since the initial publishing date which means that I got into this book already feeling irritated.The second book,Verum,was a complete mess so I was expecting to get some answers in this book.Did I get them?Well,kind of.I'm mostly giving this book 3+ stars because of the ending which I actually really liked
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Jan 22, 2015 Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2015
OCTOBER 2015!!!

WHY THIS INJUSTICE!!!

*pout*

description

Click On The Color Splashes To Join Me ;)
description description description description description description description
Nastassja
Feb 02, 2015 Nastassja rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Nocte trilogy

*Warning! This book will mess with your mind and you will seriously doubt your sense of reality. Read it at your own risk.*

I don’t know.

This book was crazycrazycrazycrazycrazycrazycrazycrazycrazycrazycrazy. Actually, all three books in the Nocte trilogy were crazy. It complicates things that I can't talk about the plot without spoilers. One wrong word and I can ruin the story for you. So I will talk about all three books generally without spoile

Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

I don’t know.

I'm a little disappointed by the turn that history has taken in this book, and although I liked, has left me confused and a little upset because I have not received the answers that I was looking for , it's more, I still have it.

If there is another book probably I would understand but it is the last one which it is what gives closure to the story and it is conclusion to everything that's happening in the lives of the characters, but n
Sofia
Nov 05, 2014 Sofia added it
Arc -Cópia de leitura avançada gentilmente cedida pela autora Courtney Cole.

Quem acompanhou comigo esta jornada, sabe o quanto indiquei esta trilogia desde o dia em que li - Há quase um ano atrás.
Nocte foi sem dúvida um dos melhores livros de 2014.
Quando lemos muito, e eu tenho essa noção sobre mim, é preciso muito para eu parar e pousar o livro para pensar e respirar. Isso aconteceu com Nocte.
Às vezes certos livros têm semelhanças e mesmo assim nós amamos cada um na sua maneira especial. Nã
Amber Davis
Feb 05, 2015 Amber Davis marked it as to-read
MOST ANTICIPATED BOOK 2015!!!
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
I'm still in a state of shock to be honest, I can't actually get my head around what I have just read. My brain needs time to compute compute compute.

Down the rabbit hole we must go.
Where we'll end up nobody knows.
Who is good, who is bad?
Secrets and lies will make you mad.

A total mind fuck of tales of woe.
Of De-Ja-Vu, Kismet and status quo.
What is real, what is not?
A crazy tale that I've now forgot.

But not forgot, an alternate story.
Mind bending writing in all it's glory.
A book so twisted, so ou
Brendy
Feb 27, 2016 Brendy rated it really liked it
A New Design

If you ask for my honest opinion I’d tell you that reading this was like falling through the rabbit’s hole…was like reading about Alice and realizing that her journey to Wonderland was actually NOT a dream or a fantasy…but the reality and that famous quote of We’re all mad, aren’t we? in this case is actually right… and the funny thing? You were dragged along with her through the falling.

description

Calla’s been wandering through this world and another, that she wasn’t quite sure to call it a reality or
Nawal
Oct 28, 2015 Nawal marked it as to-read
IT IS HERE!

I CANNOT WAIT TO DIVE IN.

I AM SO SCARED AND SO EXCITED AT THE SAME TIME.
Paige
Lux (the whole trilogy really) was a mind bender at it's finest. Answers have been given (sorta), but in such a way that I'm still not even sure I completely understand. Calla and Dare and Finn's story is all twisted up on itself. With influences from generations past, twisted family ties, and fate unavoidable, Lux went from the beginning to the end right back to the beginning.

I went in to this series expecting one thing and by the end, I was in a completely different mind-space. I am a romanti
Dusti Hanrahan
Jul 07, 2016 Dusti Hanrahan rated it really liked it
3.5-4 'what.the.fucking.hell.did.i.just.read' stars

I haven't a clue if I loved or hated this book and/or series!! It was a mind fuck unlike anything I've ever read before. The writing is brilliant in that it mentally rapes you and takes you so far down the rabbit hole, completely messing with your sanity.
This book got annoying with all the repeating, while I totally get why-I can't stand it when a book goes backwards.... In this case, backwards..forwards..backwards..sideways...upside down and h
Adelina
Uhm... what the hell?

So, this is the end.
Did I get all my answers? Well... maybe? But I'd like a personal chat with the author, you know, just to have a few straight answers. Those would be really nice. Trust me, after three books of nonsense those would be really fucking nice.

I don't know what else to say without spoiling the story but I must say that even if I want to burn the first book and I have conflicting feelings about the second, this whole trilogy is weirdly addicting. I read it in t
Amy
Nov 10, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing
I don't know,if i can handle book 3. But I'm highly anticipating it.

It was a brilliantly written, and took me down the rabbit hole, overandoverandoverandover!!!!!! Awesome.
Kim
Jan 22, 2015 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars
All I know is I have to uncover his truth if I am ever to save anything. The truth will set us all free.

Questions. Questions. Questions. Some answers. More questions. Just when you think you have a piece of the puzzle figured out in this story, the pieces shuffle.

What is Dare's big secret that scared Calla but she can no longer remember? What is real? What is imagined?

Calla knows deep down there is something she is supposed to fear about Dare but the truth is just out of her grasp. But she find
Pamela Sparkman
Feb 07, 2015 Pamela Sparkman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
So Courtney Cole is insane. Beautifully insane though. Jesus. Or maybe I'M insane. That's quite possible. I'll post a review soon (not giving away a thing though so you'll have to read the books if you want answers). All I'm going to say for now is Courtney has a beautiful twisted mind. And I love it. But since I just finished it I'm gonna need a minute - or three. And some wine. Lots and lots of wine.

REVIEW POSTED

Okay...I've had a sufficient amount of alcohol, so here goes my review.

I had no
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
I wasn't expecting it to go this route. While I understood where Courtney went with this story, some things didn't work for me. I like a good mind game and this definitely leaves you feeling confused, wondering what is happening, what is real and what is not. Courtney definitely blew my mind. I just wish it was different...

Lux is the third and final book in The Nocte trilogy. I'd say that this series was New Adult suspense with (view spoiler).

I really enjoyed both the foreword at the beginning of the book and the author's note at the end.

After reading the first two books (and 1 novella) I had so many questions going into this last book. We were promised answers. And we did get them for the most part.

This book was full of a lot of creepiness. Going into Lux I
Kisses A
Aug 10, 2016 Kisses A rated it liked it
Shelves: a-bit-scary
So I finished this quickly! 3.5* It was a bit confusing but everything came together by the end. I was really pleased. Finn continues to be my favourite character and I liked how the author handled the plot. It had such a great twist to it and I loved the new element added. It helped a ton with getting to where I wanted the story to be. I almost dnfed it but.....
(view spoiler)
Doris
Mar 03, 2015 Doris rated it really liked it
I need a few before I share my thoughts on this one..
I'm changing to 4 stars on this one.When I started this series of books, it have me utterly fascinated. I was anxious to read the last book in this series and get all the answers I was looking for. As you read Lux, the reader answers the questions as the story plays out. Was it real or wasn't it, you decide. I still walked away from this story confused, but the author tells you from the very beginning, "All is not what it seems."
Sammy ⭐️
Apr 21, 2015 Sammy ⭐️ added it
Shelves: series, dnf
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!!!!

I can't bring myself to settle on a rating for this because my head feels like it's been completely fucked with. Honestly if you told me the grass was blue I'd probably believe you at this moment in time. This series started off fab and left me dying for more but that ending has left me questioning my own sanity :(
Anjee
Oct 13, 2015 Anjee rated it liked it
Save me and I'll save you....

I am not even sure how to put into words the review to Lux. I ask myself questions over and over again. What if I didn’t get the message? Did I miss something? Why do I feel like I reread over half of the book again? These are all the things running through my mind after I finished. I was thoroughly dumbfounded. Now don’t get me wrong I absolutely loved the first two novels Nocte, and Verum. I felt the author had great momentum with the two previous novels, and there
Julie
AM I THE ONLY ONE?

I loved #1 and #2 although like my reviews implied, they messed me up! I don't know about anyone else but this one makes me feel stupid! Just when I thought I had it all figured out... I was messed with! Maybe you find that exciting, I do to a point but my gosh this was over the top! Either you're crazy Courtney Cole or you were on some good stuff when you came up with this.

This stressed my brain just as much as 1 & 2 and I don't know that it was worth it. "Around and arou
Tarah Hodges-Wilkins
"You'll be given a choice, and you can't fail."

Spellbinding, riveting, out of this world AMAZING!!
This was one of my most anticipated books this year, with every single book in this series I was blown away.
Courtney Cole takes you on this crazy out of this world journey where you question absolutely everything.
She had me feeling just as crazy as Calla.
"We're all a bit mad, aren't we?"

I can't say much without ruining it but I can say I am sad that it had came to a end.
I cannot even fathom
-Julie-
Jan 17, 2015 -Julie- rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, twisted-sisters
Review to come once I climbclimbclimb out of the rabbit hole..........

Update

I received a copy of Lux to read and review for Twisted Sisters Book Reviews.

The conclusion to this series was perfect.

What I wanted and what I received was so much more than I expected.

Calla and Dare

Who are they?
Are they Real?
Are they just here to mess with us?
Did they ever exist?

So many unanswered questions after Verum.

The history of these two was way more than I thought.

All of my theories were thrown out.

But should t
Dri K.K.
Nov 03, 2015 Dri K.K. rated it it was amazing
5 estrelas? Infinitas noites de céu completamente estrelado!
"NOCTE LIBER SUM"
"NOCTE LIBER SUM"
"SERVA ME, SERVABO TE."
"SERVA ME, SERVABO TE."
Eu sou louca. Eu sou louca. Eusoulouca.
O que posso dizer?
Você termina o livro mais esperado do ano e fica: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quero parabenizar a autora eternamente, por ter escrito essa trilogia Fantástica e Fodástica!!!!
Courtney tu é FODAAAAAAA!!!!
Inusitado, misterioso, louco, surpreendente eu já disse louco? Anota aí, mais umas 1000 vezes a pa
  • The Realm of You: A Novel
  • Bury Me
  • Super Dark 2 (Super Dark, #2)
  • Irrevocable (Evan Arden, #5)
  • The Master of Misrule (The Game of Triumphs, #2)
  • Redeemed (Unlovable, #3)
  • If You Dare (Deanna Madden, #3)
  • Nearly Mended (Nearly, #2)
  • The Book of Shade
  • A Brand New Ending
  • Creature of Habit: Book One
  • The Tied Man: Unbound (The Tied Man, #2)
  • Cult of the Hexad (Afterlife Saga, #6)
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • Untitled (Crow's Row, #3)
  • Beyond Hereafter (Movie #3)
  • The Devil's Reprise (Devils, #2)
  • Love Nouveau (The Art of Falling Duet #1)
Courtney Cole is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling novelist who would eat mythology for breakfast if she could.

She has a degree in Business, but has since discovered that corporate America is not nearly as fun to live in as fictional worlds.

Courtney was born and raised in rural Kansas, but has since migrated south. She now lives in Florida and writes beneath palm trees.

Learn more about
More about Courtney Cole...

The Nocte Trilogy (4 books)
  • Nocte (The Nocte Trilogy, #1)
  • Verum (The Nocte Trilogy, #2)
  • Dare Me (The Nocte Trilogy, #3.5)

“we’re all prisoners. Prisoners of expectations, prisoners of responsibility, prisoners of life.” 4 likes
“You aren’t understood, and I can’t explain it. That doesn’t mean you’re crazy.” 2 likes