Start by marking “Twisted Fate” as Want to Read:
Twisted Fate

Twisted Fate

What should have been a night of celebration would, instead, turn out to be a nightmare.

Penelope Santoro was celebrating. It was her best friend Kimberly's twenty-first birthday and they were determined to make it the night of their lives. When the tall dark stranger at the bar approached her, Penny couldn't take her eyes off of him. When Kimberly invited him to join the p
Published by Laura Dunaway (first published November 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted Fate

Katie
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-reads
4 stars!

"Stunning was the only word I could use to describe her. Absolutely, undeniably stunning. I was screwed."

This prequel to Twisted Desire was a fast paced and short read. Loved reading what was going on in the minds of Penny and Tag the night Penny was abducted. Most books simply skim through the events leading up to the abduction, so this book was a nice change of pace!

Totally worth reading if you have read Twisted Desire!

Rachel
Nov 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
***I received an ARC for an honest and fair review***

Overall rating: 4 stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)

My review: This was a very cute novella that sets the back group up for you in regards to Penny's kidnapping. You get a little insight into what Penny was like before the kidnapping, as well as some insight into Tag's mind. If you didn't know the twist before hand, you w
Tiffany Willams
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Our world is no place for someone like Penelope Santoro."

I loved Twisted Desire, so when I heard that Laura was writing a prequel, I was so excited! I was so happy to learn how everything went down before Penny was kidnapped.

This also just made my love for Tag Reynolds even more abundant. Even though he didn't want to do this aduction, he wasn't going to let Penny be harmed. He was determined to get her out of his boss, Roman's, hands. It's amazing that he felt a connection to her from the star
Mary Fazzi
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow another hit out of the park for Laura Dunaway. This is the prequel to Twisted Desire. You meet Tag and Penny before what goes down on the boat.
Penny a college student in fashion design school has many friends. This one night will change her life forever. She has a best friend that gets kinda nasty to her and is jealous of her. She has a family that is close and they have money. She is shy but out going and sweet and beautiful girl. She meets Derek and what she thought was isn't.
Tag a
Gail
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given a ARC of this book for a honest review of it.. Lets start out with this... I LOVED THIS BOOK!! I have not ready any of Laura Dunaways books till this one and what a way to be introudeced!! This book was amazing.. I loved Penny, Tag, Trish.... Kimberly yea not so much.. I really loved how even though Tag didnt know her he still wanted to protect her and was determened not to let anything happen to her. Thank you soooooo much for allowing me to read this..
** Lets just say.. as soon as
Sarah Armstrong
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC to leave an honest review.
We are given more detail into the night that changed Tag & Penny's life. You get POVs from them both, and what they were feeling & how they were interacting with everyone else that night. Tag was awesome, you saw him take charge of something he really didn't want to do, then once he had Penny in his arms, he'd do anything for her. Awesome job Laura Dunaway!!!!
Torrie
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book after Twisted Desire and I'm really glad that I read it in that order. This was novella and it was able to bring to light some of the happenings of Twisted Desire. There was a lot of things brought to light in Twisted Desire and this did an excellent job answering questions you have had after reading the first book. I do hope that we will see Penny and Tag again.
CDBW
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-review
5 Crazy Ass Stars!!!!!

I just love Laura Dunaway! This book is a great accompaniment to Twisted Desire. I helped to get a better feel for Penny and Tag before the kidnapping. I can't wait to read more from Laura!
Wendy Homan
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you loved Twisted Desire then this look into the night that started all is a must read!! Loved it!!!!!!
Judie
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved that we got a prequel about Penny!! Got to see the before to Twisted Desire! Once again... Great job Laura!!! I enjoyed getting to see Penny at this point in her life.
Shyla Wright
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was amazed how hooked on this book i was. From the very beginning i could not put it down. I loved it. I will be reading more by this author.
❤️Melanie
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Interesting beginning. I am intrigued. Now I am going have to read book 2 to see how this all plays out.
Jasminn
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a great understanding into Penny's head and how she was taken. You learn more about tag. It was very good :)
Blondies Little Book Life
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*This review may contain spoilers*

I was given an ARC for an honest review.

"I clicked on the images section and waited for it to load.

Once it did, my heart literally seized in my chest. It felt like it stopped for one-second, then beat faster and faster, like I’d run a long race. It pounded as I clicked on one of the few pictures on the screen. Once that showed up, I zoomed in to look at her face.

Stunning was the only word I could use to describe her.

Absolutely undeniably stunning.

I was scre
Rob
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gifted-books
Now I wasn’t sure whether to read this book first or book one first. So I plumped for this one!

This wasn’t your usual kidnap story. Yes there was a cartel of bad guys kidnapping and holding a beautiful girl hostage, but this wasn’t a story of kidnapping into sexual slavery so that made a change.

This is the story of how the kidnap happened. A short read but the author packed so much in, that you could be forgiven for thinking this is a much longer book.

I felt like I was holding my breath waiting
Sandra
Nov 23, 2014 added it
Marissa
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars Kindle Copy for Review

Can one night change everything? A night that was full of celebration that quickly turns into a nightmare of events.

Penelope Santoro had plans to celebrate her friend Kimberly’s twenty-first birthday. They were determined to make it a night worth remembering. As a dark handsome stranger approaches her, she is drawn to him. When Kimberly invites him to join the party things start to heat up.

Tag Reynolds was not there to celebrate he had a job to do. He had a
Shanoff Reads
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**Beta Reader**

I loved this little prequel novella. Even though I already felt like I knew Penny in a personal level, Laura did an excellent job writing Who Penny was before being kidnapped. I love that she conveyed the sweet and innocent person that I always felt Penny to be in Twisted Desire. Penny was your typical college student only just a tad more innocent but still had all the same urges. This book definitely helped to understand Tag also...pre kidnapping.

Laura Dunaway does a wonderful j
Catherine
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a prequel to Twisted Desire. In this book we find out how she came to be on the yacht. We see that Kimberly her friend is a bitch even before hand and that Tag didn't really want to kidnap her in the first place. We get to find out the story of what happened before she wakes up, before she meets Tag. We get to find out how it all happened.
This is a great prequel to the story and I'm really glad that I got to read it I recommend reading this before the book itself as it helps along with
Tracey Parker
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This as an amazing prequel that gave so much. You really get a good look at them individually. There are quite a bit of very interesting moments. I loved to have the little moments of yay lots of sweetness. Loved it!!!
Kylie
Karen Van Rooyen
Feb 18, 2015
Mariama
Dec 27, 2014
Laura Dunaway has been married to her prince for 20 years and together they are raising three amazing kids. While she's always had a passion for reading and writing, it wasn't until a few years ago that she finally realized she should pursue her dream of writing and publishing a book. After many many attempts at starting one, her first book, Distorted, was finally the one that flowed and before sh ...more