Start by marking “Mishaps & Mistletoe” as Want to Read:
Mishaps & Mistletoe

Mishaps & Mistletoe

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  136 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Published October 31st 2014

To ask other readers questions about Mishaps & Mistletoe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mishaps & Mistletoe

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Mishaps & Mistletoe
Jack
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After reading and loving Hopelessly Devoted to Holden Finn I knew I needed to pick up a copy of Mishaps and Mistletoe - after all, there's nothing like a good Chrimbo novella!

And what a charming, festive read it is. After a string of disasters, Phoebe finds herself working as an elf in Santa's grotto, dealing with a horrible boss, a drunk Santa and all the problems associated with children desperate to tell all to the man in the fake white beard. It's the scenes in the grotto which provide the b
Rebecca Bradley
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chicklit
I like Tennant’s writing style and I could sit all day and read her books and this one was no different. Mishaps and Mistletoe is a short Novella at only 60 pages and I ended wanting more.

There isn’t a great deal to say about the story itself, that isn’t in the blurb as it’s such a short story form, but we follow Phoebe as she starts her new job in the store as Santa’s helping elf. The descriptions of her hatred of the elf uniform and Santa just set the story and her character up perfectly.

If yo
Lindsay Bray
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars
I really enjoyed this quick, festive read. It was just the book I wanted this holiday season. Loved the characters and because it is a short story it was extremely easy to get into and can easily be read in a single sitting. This was my first time reading a book By Tilly Tennant and it won’t be the last. I can tell that she will be a new favourite author. It would’ve made a great full length book, seeing where these characters ended up and watching their relationship grow. Highly recommen
Nicola (Not Just Books) Barker
Nice and easy read. Perfect for coffee/tea breaks. I devoured it in 2 sittings.
Melissa Rose
After having signed up to review Tilly's latest Millrise book, I decided to start the series from the very beginning.

Following the death of her boyfriend Vic, Phoebe quickly loses her job after punching her boss in the face. In "Mishaps & Mistletoe", we see Phoebe take up a new, seasonal job as a toy store elf. She quickly realizes that being an elf is not a glamorous job, especially since she doesn't like children. That is, until she meets Maria.

"Mishaps & Mistletoe" was a delightful and charmi
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews
Phoebe has had a terrible year, starting with the death of her boyfriend and ending, three weeks before Christmas, when she’s sacked from her job. The bills are piling up and she’s desperate enough to find herself working as a Christmas elf in the grotto of Hendrick’s Toy Store. As if the job description isn’t bad enough, Phoebe doesn’t like children. There’s nothing wrong with them, they’re just not for her. Neither is there any escape fr
Shaz Goodwin
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Novellas or short stories are not formats that I read a lot of (although I have enjoyed the ones I have read!). I usually end up wanting more and Mishaps and Mistletoe is no exception.

It’s easy to identify with Phoebe. It certainly hasn’t been a good year for her with grieving over her loss and spectacularly losing her job! Going back to her empty flat represents exactly where she is in her life when we meet her.

There is definitely magic in the air when Maria visits Santa’s grotto. Phoebe finds
Jo Hughes
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book has been on my TBR pile since Christmas and in an effort to clear my back log, I decided to fit this in as it is a nice quick read.

We meet Phoebe who as the blurb says has had a terrible year, not only losing her boyfriend in a tragic accident but also losing her job after punching her boss in the face. Phoebe is working as an elf in Hendricks Toy store, not the most sexy or interesting of jobs especially as she doesn’t really like children.

Phoebe’s life takes a turn when she meets a l
Rachel Gilbey
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is very short but incredibly sweet and I am in love with the little girl Maria already.

Phoebe is working in a Santa's grotto as an Elf, despite her no being keen on children, as she had been recently sacked and there was very little going in the way of seasonal work. However after a day in the job, a little girl called Maria comes to visit Santa with her dad.

Maria wants a toy pony for Christmas and then in a heat melting moment, asks Santa if she is allowed to ask for a present for a grown
Sheerie
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a quick Christmas fix read, with a magical happy ever after, then this is book for you. I was grabbed by the pretty front cover and the book didn't disappoint.
The main character Phoebe has lost the love of her life and is certainly down on her luck where jobs are concerned. She's one feisty lady who really isn't keen on children and defiantly not looking forward to Christmas.
However after losing her job she ends up as a Christmas Elf alongside Midnight, the other Elf. This
Maryline M's Bookshelf
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This review was first published at M's Bookshelf - http://mssbookshelf.blogspot.be

After reading 'Hopelessly Devoted To Holden Finn' and more recently 'The Man Who Can't Be Moved', I new I just had to read Tilly's Christmas novella. I didn't even read the blurb. I just put on my Christmas jumper and started reading.
Mishaps & Mistletoe is such a sweet, heartwarming read and it just captured the Christmas spirit perfectly. It's a magical novella that will make you fall in love with it's characters
J
Nov 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: rated, reviewed
A cute, light Christmas novella, if a little conveniently contrived plot-wise.
Cassandra Godfrey
Sandra
Dec 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Little Village of Happiness
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Taming the Winter King (Faeted Mates, #3)
  • Taken from the Winter King (Faeted Mates #2)
  • Donut Tucker Out
  • Knoxed Up
  • Hunted by the Winter King (Faeted Mates, #1)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • The Alien Protector's Mate (Protectors of Svante, #2)
  • Christmas at Wynter House (Wyntersleap series Book 1)
  • Caveman Alien's Killer (Caveman Aliens #11)
  • Home Run Fiancé (Faking It, #2)
  • White Bird
  • Shadow Assassin (Galactic Order #7)
  • The Things I Know
  • The Girl in the Corner
Tilly Tennant was born in Dorset, the oldest of four children, but now lives in Staffordshire with a family of her own. After years of dismal and disastrous jobs, including paper plate stacking, shop girl, newspaper promotions and waitressing (she never could carry a bowl of soup without spilling a bit), she decided to indulge her passion for the written word by embarking on a degree in English an ...more

News & Interviews