Start by marking “Unholy Blue (Bannerman Boru, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unholy Blue (Bannerman Boru, #2)

Unholy Blue

(Bannerman Boru #2)

Strong and Irish.

That’s how Shay Doyle likes her whiskey. And men. As Healer to a clan of immortal Celtic warriors living in modern-day Colorado, she has been gifted with such a man: Bannerman “Bann” Boru. The only problem is keeping the stubborn warrior alive. For Fate seems to have it in for Bann, and his son, Cor, descendants of the kings of Ireland, and recipient of a
Published January 19th 2016 by Spence City (first published December 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Unholy Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unholy Blue

Start your review of Unholy Blue (Bannerman Boru, #2)
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

UNHOLY BLUE was labelled Urban Fantasy by Darby Kaye herself, so unlike GoodReads’ shelves which tend to be wrong more often than not, I knew with utmost certainty what genre this title was classified as, and as a result approached it with a particular mindset. Sadly, other than the odd run-in with Fir Bolgs, over 50% of this novel read like a Contemporary Romance, so I had to rate it accordingly. Had it been tagged as PNR, my review would have been more forgiving.

Specul
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
I'm totally digging this cover. This book is one of my most anticipated sequel coming this year. I AM EXCITE.
Kelly Hager
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So good! I hope there will be sequels. And I love the crossover with her MG series.
Starr
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pre-2020-read
A digital copy was given to me, free, in exchange for my honest opinion.
(I think that this is going to be a bit of a repeat, since I have enjoyed every single one of Darby Kaye/Karchut’s books. She is one of my top authors, a D.E.A.R. one for me).

Sometimes you read an author from the start of their writing journey and they get a little stale, or they do something to violate the trust that you have placed in them. Other times you stick with them and you are rewarded with writing that just gets b
Beverly McClure
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What does the word family mean to you? For me, I see a mother, a father, children, grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles. Perhaps your idea of family includes still others, someone that’s very close to you, that you can depend on when you need a friend or a hug.

Award-Winning Author Darby Kaye’s latest novel, UNHOLY BLUE, sequel to THE STAG LORD, is a story about many things: Celtic warriors, shape shifters, Goblins, dogs, and bravery, to mention a few. It’s also the touching tale of a family:
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
3.5

I will have to say that this installment is a lot more brutal than the first one. I won't go into details but you'll feel the difference about a third of the way through.

The only big complaint that I had was that this book also suffers from genre confusion. Is it a paranomal romantic/erotic-thriller is it a Thriller ParaNormal Romance or is it ParaNormal/Fantasy/Romance/Mystery?

I'd say that it definitely falls into the later and that's the way it was primarily written but ... and again, this
Mary Hartshorn
Unholy Blue is a sequel to the book The Stag Lord, which unfortunately I haven’t read yet, and focuses on Bann Boru, his son Cormac and Shay Doyle. I have to say I really enjoyed reading this book regardless of not reading the first one. There were some allusions to what happened to Cormac in the last book that really affect him and Bann now, but not enough to detract from this story.

In the span of one month, Shay and Bann became really close friends which inevitably led to something deeper. Now
Beverly
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FTC Disclosure: I received an advance e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

My thoughts: I really enjoyed The Stag Lord and was excited to receive an advance copy of the next book: Unholy Blue. There are many reasons why I enjoy this series: it's set in my town, it is Celtic in nature and I love the characters. I enjoy the way Kaye builds an intensity into her writing. And the romance is an added plus, too. It's impossible to not connect with the characters. They are like superher
Kathy Martin
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This second book in the Bannerman Boru series has Bann and Shay trying to plan a wedding around incipient clan warfare, an old god who isn't quite dead enough, and battles with both Amandan and Fir Bolgs.

Cernunnos was defeated in the first book in the series but managed to escape being destroyed by invading Shay's dog Max after he was killed defending them. Cor is only 8 rising 9 and can't quite understand that Max is gone. Cernunnos uses that uncertainty to try to kidnap him. Cor's American fey
Tracey
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, fantasy
What a marvelous book. It is so rare to see relationships done so well as this between father and child, father and new lover, lover and child; it all feels utterly natural and true and believable. And it all serves to inspire affection for these characters. Grief is handled well, not that I'll go into any details about that for spoilers' sake, and also the surprise of joy; doubt and worry; battle and friendship.

It's a wild gallop of a book, this, hitting the ground running and barely letting u
Darby Karchut
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shay Doyle has been a riot to write!
RoloPoloBookBlog
Unholy Blue by Darby Kaye
Book #2: Bannerman Boru Series
Source: ARC from author
My Rating: 5/5 stars
My Review:

Um, I don’t even know where to start with the awesome that is this damn book!!! I didn’t think it was possible for Bannerman Boru to get any hotter but he does. Here we go . . .

Very little time has passed since Bann, Shay and the Doyle clan put down the mad god, Cernunnos. Trouble is, Bann knows the god is down but not out and protecting his family is of the utmost importance. First on th
Robin Greenhalgh
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am finally able to sit and write this book a much deserved review...I most certainly enjoyed the first one of the Series called Stag Lord, however I do believe Darby Kaye outdid herself with Unholy Blue and I thought it was even better! The main character Bannerman Boru is Celtic, honorable, stubborn and my imagination combined with Darby Kaye's words make him hot as Hell!! He counters his fierceness when he interacts with his son Cor who has been targeted by the evil Stag Lord. The story is s ...more
Michele at A Belle's Tales
added it
Aug 06, 2015
Hayley Elliott
Aug 07, 2015

• Chameleon Assassin (Chameleon Assassin, #1)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Alif the Unseen
  • Sword of Kings (The Saxon Stories, #12)
  • Cold Storage
  • Lucky Invasion: Lucky's Marines | Book Five
  • The Orphans of Raspay (Penric and Desdemona, #7)
  • The Prisoner of Limnos (Penric and Desdemona, #6)
  • Death Watch (Bill Slider, #2)
  • A Book of Bones (Charlie Parker, #17)
  • Mira's Last Dance (Penric and Desdemona, #4)

Bannerman Boru (2 books)
  • The Stag Lord (Bannerman Boru, #1)