Start by marking “Unharmonious” as Want to Read:
Unharmonious

Unharmonious

Julie Davenport, a cellist with the prestigious St. Louis Symphony Orchestra, is trying to put her life back together after her beloved husband dies in a terrible plane crash. After an extended leave of absence, she returns to the beautiful Powell Hall to resume her successful career, while continuing her struggle with grief. It isn’t long before her life is turned upside ...more
Published September 1st 2014 by Ballad Publishing, LLC (first published August 31st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Unharmonious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unharmonious

Kris Hillen
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I especially enjoyed the local color. I got into the story right away (a feature that is important to me). This is a great beginning for an author. I'm looking forward to reading more of Boyd's works.
Roxana Blu
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Unharmonious" is an excellent choice if you want to rediscover the joy of reading or help someone pick a really good book. Fast paced, interesting plot and lovely scenery, smart pets included. I am looking forward to reading Laine Boyd's next books!
S
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My sister shared this book with me, knowing I would enjoy the St. Louis area setting, where we grew up. I enjoyed the story; I thought the writing was lackluster. The events, at times, unfolded in fits and starts, and while that could have worked in support of the story, I more often, found it disjointed. The same sense of overwhelm and speed could have been better finessed in their telling. The asides about the chocolate and the church, especially, were not looped into the story sufficiently. I ...more
Karen Hutchens
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome introduction to Laine and her wonderful writing skills! The picture she paints with words is outstanding! Mysteries are a favorite and Unharmonious did not disappoint. Can't wait to start the next book!
Cathleen
Mar 31, 2015 rated it liked it
My Husband the Stranger

Julie loses her husband in a tragic accident. She has been inconsolable for weeks since it happened. Feeling a need to go back to work she calls the symphony manager and, let's him know she will be returning.

Su Li, her best friend and now her housekeeper leaves unexpectedly for California as her mother is dying.

After Su Li leaves Julie is followed home from practice and becomes fearful. Then starts receiving threatening phone calls.

Things start to spiral out of control le
Ray Bryant
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Impossible to put down. A friend recommended I read this and I'm so glad I did. Humor and suspense woven together, with terrific characters and an original, exciting story. I read this book earlier this month (in one sitting) and just finished her second book, Dinner and a Murder. Loved both books and highly recommend.
Dianne P. Walker
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Totally excellent

a riveting book! Rarely do I feel such a part of a story as I did this one. In many ways, it was predictable but how the predictions came about and played out were unexpected but quite plausible. Very well written.
Steve Acheson
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful read. A great book for vacation reading. Diverting and engrossing. Enjoy.
Tammy Caceres
Apr 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Quick, light read. Typical cozy mystery. I chose this one because of the locale and the fact that the lead character is a classical musician.
Renee Dyer
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Unharmonious is a page turner from start to finish. Couldn’t put it down!
Judy
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very good read. Loved the references to local St Louis sites. Never a dull moment. What a twist. Ummm. Chocolate
Terresa J. Thibodeaux