Start by marking “The Blind Wish (The Jinni Wars, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Blind Wish (The Jinni Wars, #2)

The Blind Wish

(The Jinni Wars #2)

Two sisters. A war. And the wish to end regret. . . . The magical, evocative follow-up to The Fire Wish.

The war: The lies that started the conflict are in the open now, but the war between the humans and the jinn is as bitter as ever—and becoming far more treacherous.
The sisters: Najwa and Zayele have just learned they’re half-jinni, half-human twins. Najwa is now the jinn
Published July 28th 2015 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Blind Wish, please sign up.
Amber There isn't anything planned to be published. I'm sorry about that. I have an outline--if I were to write more, it would be about Rahela and Shirin…moreThere isn't anything planned to be published. I'm sorry about that. I have an outline--if I were to write more, it would be about Rahela and Shirin and their flying carpet.(less)

Alyssa

Book Two of the Jinni Wars series
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: July 14, 2015
Rating: 3 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Sara (Freadom Library)
Actual rating 3.5 stars

Check out my series review here: https://freadomlibrary.wordpress.com/...

Critically
Plot – 3 out of 5 stars
Gosh, I’m so disappointed in this sequel. The plot in this book was not as exciting as I expected it to be. It was slow and some parts of it were really boring. It felt like there were two separate plot lines, again both driven by the two different main characters but even that didn’t make it entertaining. I did like that it delved deeper into jinni life, death, grief
Elevetha
2.5 stars.

Even though each chapter starts with the name of the girl whose POV it is, I would find myself having to go back and read the chapter heading again and again because I couldn't tell them apart. Their internal voice and personalities are virtually the same, and I even kept forgetting which girl belonged to which name.

I said I thought Najwa and Kamal were cute in the first book? Not so here - they had zero chemistry and I pretty much wanted Najwa to dump him for that mind reader guy by
Bruna Bellini
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this sequel!
Once again, this story is full of magic, romance, friendship, wishes and evil villains!
I liked how not everything had a "happy ending". I mean, like some things will never change, like Zayele and Melchior, would never get along, no matter what; or Yashar would never be accepted into his family, because their stupid believes! Because, unfortunately, that's how things are! But, the characters, all found their way in their lives.
Anyway, both sisters, half-jinni /half-human, g
Kress
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amber Lough doesn’t disappoint with her incredible sequel to the wonderful The Fire Wish.

In The Blind Wish, Lough transports us back to the land and lore she so adeptly brought to life with TFW. Remember, the jinni and humans are at war, we’re in medieval Baghdad, and wishes are both more powerful and dangerous than we’d ever imagined.

Lough’s writing is so gorgeous that I often found myself rereading a phrase several times over just to savor the deliciousness of her words. Her poetic descriptio
kalireadsdreams
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5/5

Nice sequel to The Fire Wish. Just like with the first book, I really like the atmosphere that the author crafted for this story.
I appreciated how the story wasn't really centred on the love stories but more on the political intrigues. This duology is, in my opinion, perfect for middle graders who want to start reading YA books. There is a little bit of everything in this series: love, war, magic, legends...I think that it would agree with the majority of teens.
Aleya
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty great follow up! I really enjoyed it!
Julie Carpenter
Between reading the fire wish and waiting for my library to carry the blind wish, I couldn't quite remember all the details of the first book. But I dove in and it all came back to me.

(Ok again I had my review all written and when I save it and post all but the first paragraph is deleted. Ugh!!! So here goes again trying to hurry and type my thoughts again, it probably won't be as detailed as I have less time now).

I really enjoyed the two sisters in the fire wish but found myself loving the cha
Meredith
This book was just as fun as the first, with lots of friendship and romance and adventure, as well as some really original lore and world building. I liked watching both girls grow into their new roles and figure out their place in the world. The romance here was minimal, but that was okay, because I'd rather watch the girls grow into themselves than swooning over the guys, even if it did leave a lot of their relationship questions unanswered.

If I had to complain about anything, it would probabl
Kelly Sierra
Jan 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, arc
I forgot how much fun I had with the first book. I really liked the way things were moving for both twins, and also for the plot... because it has kind of thickened. There are mysteries that are solved, alliances that are made, and a new enemy that resembles an old one.

3.5 out of 5 stars. Thanks Edelweiss.
Louise
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: great-covers
I absolutely love this series. I cannot wait for the next. It is so original and beautifully crafted. After so many disappointments I am finally happy picking up another book again. I would recommend it for anyone who is tired if Mary Sue stereotypes and he'll yes I want to read whatever this author conjure up next.
Laura Rueckert
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great non-Western YA Fantasy

4.5/5 stars! I really enjoyed the The Blind Wish right from the beginning. As with The Fire Wish, the worldbuilding was breathtaking. I especially loved the Breaking and the Haunted – they really were perfect. The ending could have been a touch stronger, but still, I highly recommend this series!
Lorrie
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
I quite liked the first one, but pretty much all of the characters got worse in this book. In the first one, the author built some personality for the characters, but in this book it seemed like it was all settled in book 1 and did not need further elaboration, other than the jinni girl having her grieving thing which...was kind of out of place? I kept waiting for that to tie into something significant and for as much time as we spent on that it only did one like weak little tap toward the end o ...more
Viola
Oct 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I had a difficult time giving a rating to this book. On one hand, once I read it to the end and once I had actually finished it, I was more than ready to give it four stars. But then I started to think about it...and although I enjoyed the ebook itself immensely, for the first 3/4ths of it...it left me wanting more. It left me wanting some sort of excitement! So I'll give it four stars, but the actual rating may be closer to three. Actually...now that I think about it, I think three is more fitt ...more
Corinna
Mar 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
The setting was what carried the first novel through for me as well as a semi-original concept. Unfortunately, that just wasn't enough to sustain the second book. The characters were terribly flat with ZERO development. Again, I frequently had to flip to the front of the chapter to remember which perspective I was reading in. The romance was dull...so...incredibly...dull. At no point in the book did I feel a spark in any of the relationships. What's more, I never felt invested in the characters. ...more
Nancy
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-fiction, fantasy
This second book in the Jinni Wars series has twin sisters, one with newly discovered Jinni powers, fighting a war on several fronts. Evocative settings, unique characters, and palace intrigue mix in this magical tale. The visualizations feel very real and bring to life a dangerous but exciting new world. If you like genies with your fantasy novels, try this story.
Brynli Hales
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book was amazingly awesome. I loved how at the end of the book the jinni and Baghdad army's stomped the war against each other and worked together to help each other against the other army that was trying to eliminate the both armies and city's.
Michelle
Jun 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
A fun story, but a little more jumbled than the first. It almost seems that a 3rd is planned
Lisa Dickson
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great book about to races forced into war and then United in common enemy great book
Emily
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This book gives us more of a view into the Jinni and their world. They way everything works in their society. We also see more of the Caliphate however I was much more interested in the Jinni culture
Angel
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: english-11
1. Book Overview: this whole book represents that the war between human and Jinn- a magic species. furthermore, these two parts are separated by a couple of sisters. one sister is the head of human, another sister is the head of Jinn.
2. Personal response to book: this book is fit with people who likes magic or who has creatively imagination. i learned something from this novel, for example i learned about the family love. even relatives have some argues, they still forgive each other in the end
Fareeha
Rating: 2.5
Finally finished it. After the Red Queen's trilogy, I'm been unfortunate to select books which I'm finding extremely hard to finish as they're either too slow or too tedious or simply not good enough. This is one of the 4 and I finally managed to get it done.

Coming to the book, as a sequel it's much better than part 1 as both girls have improved in the character development department though Nawja and Kamal are still weak and too childish but somewhat make up near the end. The 'gran
Shirleon Benson
This was a fantastic series. I'm hoping that the author writes a third because I'm interested in seeing how the jinn and the humans work together against a common enemy.

Off the top of my head I can't say that there was anything wrong with the story. I didn't struggle with putting it down; it took me a while to really get through it, but I didn't hate it.

The authors writing style is fluid and engaging. I was each of the characters without getting confused with the back and forth chapters. I don
Patti
I enjoyed being in this world again. It is so full of smells and shafts of light. Made me almost taste the desert.

This book is filled with some beautiful writing. Some of the sentences made me pause with their intensity or insightfulness.

Although I found the alternating pov between the sisters a bit of a distraction, I really enjoyed how the story played out and was unable to put the book down the last quarter.

I look forward to what Ms. Lough comes up with next.
Jo Oehrlein
Feb 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Rachel
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is cool because you get more into the main characters, their worlds, and their roles. It doesn't have the amazing plot twist, and it is a little more political, but still fun. The humans and jinn are now trying to work together and unify, but it takes a lot of work. They are both powerful and prejudiced, and there's definitely some good action scenes to prove it.
Amanda
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
Najwa and Zayele are adjusting to their new lives but as the war kicks up and everything they know is put on the line. They both have to do what they think is right but than a simple wish changed everything including the outcome of the war.

I really didn't care for this one as much. I was disappointed that the hype left me bored and the characters didn't get as much development.
Leni Kadali
Jun 05, 2016 rated it liked it
A neat, well organized follow-up to the previous book. Satisfying generally.
Nancy
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
I liked the first book of this series and was so disappointed in this one. I felt like it was written quickly making the story feel disjointed. it was difficult for me to finish.
Jen Malone
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved diving back into this world- it sucked me in just as much as The Fire Wish! Can't wait for the next!!!!

• Eye of the Moon
  • Hammer of Witches
  • Freedom's Slave (Dark Caravan Cycle, #3)
  • The MirrorWorld Anthology
  • Goldenfire (Darkhaven, #2)
  • The Princess of Cortova (The Silver Bowl, #3)
  • The Mind Virus (The Wired #3)
  • マギ 5 (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, #5)
  • The Nobleman’s Revenge (The Hanna Duology, #2)
  • The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)
  • Revolution (Replica, #3)
  • Lantern Sam and the Blue Streak Bandits
  • Harmonic (Dissonance, #1.5)
  • Voice of Gods (Blood of Gods and Royals, #0.5)
  • Circle of Jinn (Becoming Jinn, #2)
  • The Shadow's Curse (The Knots Sequence, #2)
  • The Secret Prince (Knightley Academy, #2)
  • Cleo (Cleo #1)
Amber Lough lives in Germany with her husband and their two kids. She spent half her childhood in Japan and the Middle East, but studied Russian language and history in University. She loves learning foreign languages, finding common ground between differing cultures, and showing her children the world.

The Jinni Wars (2 books)
  • The Fire Wish (The Jinni Wars, #1)