Start by marking “The Blind Wish (The Jinni Wars, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Blind Wish (The Jinni Wars, #2)

The Blind Wish

(The Jinni Wars #2)

Two sisters. A war. And the wish to end regret. . . . The magical, evocative follow-up to The Fire Wish.

The war: The lies that started the conflict are in the open now, but the war between the humans and the jinn is as bitter as ever—and becoming far more treacherous.
The sisters: Najwa and Zayele have just learned they’re half-jinni, half-human twins. Najwa is now the jin
Published July 28th 2015 by Random House Books for Young Readers

Start your review of The Blind Wish (The Jinni Wars, #2)
Alyssa

Book Two of the Jinni Wars series
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: July 14, 2015
Rating: 3 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Sara (Freadom Library)
Actual rating 3.5 stars

Check out my series review here: https://freadomlibrary.wordpress.com/...

Critically
Plot – 3 out of 5 stars
Gosh, I’m so disappointed in this sequel. The plot in this book was not as exciting as I expected it to be. It was slow and some parts of it were really boring. It felt like there were two separate plot lines, again both driven by the two different main characters but even that didn’t make it entertaining. I did like that it delved deeper into jinni life, death, grief
Elevetha
2.5 stars.

Even though each chapter starts with the name of the girl whose POV it is, I would find myself having to go back and read the chapter heading again and again because I couldn't tell them apart. Their internal voice and personalities are virtually the same, and I even kept forgetting which girl belonged to which name.

I said I thought Najwa and Kamal were cute in the first book? Not so here - they had zero chemistry and I pretty much wanted Najwa to dump him for that mind reader guy by
Bruna Bellini
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this sequel!
Once again, this story is full of magic, romance, friendship, wishes and evil villains!
I liked how not everything had a "happy ending". I mean, like some things will never change, like Zayele and Melchior, would never get along, no matter what; or Yashar would never be accepted into his family, because their stupid believes! Because, unfortunately, that's how things are! But, the characters, all found their way in their lives.
Anyway, both sisters, half-jinni /half-human, g
kalireadsdreams
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5/5

Nice sequel to The Fire Wish. Just like with the first book, I really like the atmosphere that the author crafted for this story.
I appreciated how the story wasn't really centred on the love stories but more on the political intrigues. This duology is, in my opinion, perfect for middle graders who want to start reading YA books. There is a little bit of everything in this series: love, war, magic, legends...I think that it would agree with the majority of teens.
Aleya
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty great follow up! I really enjoyed it!
Laura Rueckert
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great non-Western YA Fantasy

I really enjoyed the The Blind Wish right from the beginning. As with The Fire Wish, the worldbuilding was breathtaking. I especially loved the Breaking and the Haunted – they really were perfect. I highly recommend this series!
Viola
Oct 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I had a difficult time giving a rating to this book. On one hand, once I read it to the end and once I had actually finished it, I was more than ready to give it four stars. But then I started to think about it...and although I enjoyed the ebook itself immensely, for the first 3/4ths of it...it left me wanting more. It left me wanting some sort of excitement! So I'll give it four stars, but the actual rating may be closer to three. Actually...now that I think about it, I think three is more fitt ...more
Cori
Mar 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
The setting was what carried the first novel through for me as well as a semi-original concept. Unfortunately, that just wasn't enough to sustain the second book. The characters were terribly flat with ZERO development. Again, I frequently had to flip to the front of the chapter to remember which perspective I was reading in. The romance was dull...so...incredibly...dull. At no point in the book did I feel a spark in any of the relationships. What's more, I never felt invested in the characters. ...more
Loren C
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
I quite liked the first one, but pretty much all of the characters got worse in this book. In the first one, the author built some personality for the characters, but in this book it seemed like it was all settled in book 1 and did not need further elaboration, other than the jinni girl having her grieving thing which...was kind of out of place? I kept waiting for that to tie into something significant and for as much time as we spent on that it only did one like weak little tap toward the end o ...more
Kes
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2020, fiction
This wasn't as delightful as the first - both sisters are filled with uncertainty. I felt a little meh after finishing it.

Basically: Zayele trains as a magus and gets to know their grandfather. Najwa is ensuring peace talks, is stymied by Ibrahim's warmongering and The Forgotten - the other tribe of genies. There's a big battle at the end but everyone achieves peace.

1.5/5 stars
Nancy
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-fiction, fantasy
This second book in the Jinni Wars series has twin sisters, one with newly discovered Jinni powers, fighting a war on several fronts. Evocative settings, unique characters, and palace intrigue mix in this magical tale. The visualizations feel very real and bring to life a dangerous but exciting new world. If you like genies with your fantasy novels, try this story.
emyrose8
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5- it took a while for me to get back into this world (it’s also been a while since I’ve read the first book). We learn more about the jinni realm and their politics and powers. Good descriptions. The romances take a backseat to the war/political schemes. I was worried there’d be a cliffhanger ending, but this storyline wraps up nicely, though I think I liked the first book better.
Brynli Hales
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book was amazingly awesome. I loved how at the end of the book the jinni and Baghdad army's stomped the war against each other and worked together to help each other against the other army that was trying to eliminate the both armies and city's.
Rondi Olson
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this follow-up to The Fire Wish. While it offered a satisfying conclusion, it did feel like there was a set up for a third book that never happened, or at least hasn't so far. Too bad, because it was an enjoyable world with great characters. Don't be put off, it does work as a duology.
Michelle
Jun 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
A fun story, but a little more jumbled than the first. It almost seems that a 3rd is planned
Emily
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This book gives us more of a view into the Jinni and their world. They way everything works in their society. We also see more of the Caliphate however I was much more interested in the Jinni culture
Lisa Dickson
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great book about to races forced into war and then United in common enemy great book
Bon Kim
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was fun because it was fun and the Jinni and the humans became allies.
Anna Ransom
Overall: 8
I would read it again.
Jan
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Meh! Couldn't hold my attention like the first one. Just more of the same. *shrug* Still a good concept.
Julie Carpenter
Between reading the fire wish and waiting for my library to carry the blind wish, I couldn't quite remember all the details of the first book. But I dove in and it all came back to me.

(Ok again I had my review all written and when I save it and post all but the first paragraph is deleted. Ugh!!! So here goes again trying to hurry and type my thoughts again, it probably won't be as detailed as I have less time now).

I really enjoyed the two sisters in the fire wish but found myself loving the cha
Angel
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: english-11
1. Book Overview: this whole book represents that the war between human and Jinn- a magic species. furthermore, these two parts are separated by a couple of sisters. one sister is the head of human, another sister is the head of Jinn.
2. Personal response to book: this book is fit with people who likes magic or who has creatively imagination. i learned something from this novel, for example i learned about the family love. even relatives have some argues, they still forgive each other in the end
Fareeha
Rating: 2.5
Finally finished it. After the Red Queen's trilogy, I'm been unfortunate to select books which I'm finding extremely hard to finish as they're either too slow or too tedious or simply not good enough. This is one of the 4 and I finally managed to get it done.

Coming to the book, as a sequel it's much better than part 1 as both girls have improved in the character development department though Nawja and Kamal are still weak and too childish but somewhat make up near the end. The 'gra
Meredith
This book was just as fun as the first, with lots of friendship and romance and adventure, as well as some really original lore and world building. I liked watching both girls grow into their new roles and figure out their place in the world. The romance here was minimal, but that was okay, because I'd rather watch the girls grow into themselves than swooning over the guys, even if it did leave a lot of their relationship questions unanswered.

If I had to complain about anything, it would probabl
Shirleon Benson
This was a fantastic series. I'm hoping that the author writes a third because I'm interested in seeing how the jinn and the humans work together against a common enemy.

Off the top of my head I can't say that there was anything wrong with the story. I didn't struggle with putting it down; it took me a while to really get through it, but I didn't hate it.

The authors writing style is fluid and engaging. I was each of the characters without getting confused with the back and forth chapters. I don
Jo Oehrlein
Feb 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Patti
I enjoyed being in this world again. It is so full of smells and shafts of light. Made me almost taste the desert.

This book is filled with some beautiful writing. Some of the sentences made me pause with their intensity or insightfulness.

Although I found the alternating pov between the sisters a bit of a distraction, I really enjoyed how the story played out and was unable to put the book down the last quarter.

I look forward to what Ms. Lough comes up with next.
Kelly Sierra
Jan 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2015
I forgot how much fun I had with the first book. I really liked the way things were moving for both twins, and also for the plot... because it has kind of thickened. There are mysteries that are solved, alliances that are made, and a new enemy that resembles an old one.

3.5 out of 5 stars. Thanks Edelweiss.
Cheshire
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: great-covers
I absolutely love this series. I cannot wait for the next. It is so original and beautifully crafted. After so many disappointments I am finally happy picking up another book again. I would recommend it for anyone who is tired if Mary Sue stereotypes and he'll yes I want to read whatever this author conjure up next.

• The Forbidden Wish
  • A Curse Dark as Gold
  • The Moth & the Flame (The Wrath & the Dawn, #0.25)
  • Sign Up Here: A Story about Friendship
  • Mr. Wolf's Class (Mr. Wolf's Class, #1)
  • Drummer Girl
  • The Gauntlet  (The Gauntlet, #1)
  • The Battle (The Gauntlet #2)
  • The Opal Deception (Artemis Fowl #4)
  • The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl #3)
  • The Blue Between Sky and Water
  • The Beauty of Your Face
  • Mirage (Mirage, #1)
  • The Arctic Incident  (Artemis Fowl #2)
  • The Jinni
  • Traitor to the Throne (Rebel of the Sands, #2)
  • The Turtle of Oman
  • Kingdom from Ashes (Kingdom Saga, #1)
Amber Lough is a life-long traveller and learner of languages. When not reading or writing, Amber can be found hiking on a mountain ridge, swimming with sharks, gardening, watching a musical, or wishing she was doing so. After a short career in the U.S. Air Force, Amber discovered that if writing was her true passion, then she should write.

Amber lives in Germany with her husband, two kids, two ca

The Jinni Wars (2 books)
  • The Fire Wish (The Jinni Wars, #1)