Start by marking “Friendly Fire: Including bonus short story Not Quite Married (The Wilde Brothers #2)” as Want to Read:

Friendly Fire: Including bonus short story Not Quite Married

(The Wilde Brothers #2)

Published September 26th 2014 (first published May 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Friendly Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Friendly Fire

Stace
Maybe a 2.5. First I want to say that I didn't rank this so low due to the writing. The writing was good, the story however felt rushed from the beginning and instead of delving deep into the characters we got a surface story. I knew from the synopsis that Logan had PTSD and was the new Sheriff and there was going to be drama. My first question is, should a man suffering from such severe PTSD that he'd shoot a coffee machine in a restaurant because of a car backfiring be Sheriff and carrying a g ...more
Donna
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Logan's story. He is the oldest of the Wilde brothers. A roadside bomb injured his leg so his military career ended. He is now a sheriff in a small town in Idaho. When he meets Julia, he just knew she was the one for him, and sparks flew. Julia has ten-year-old twin girls. Tragedy struck and Logan was the hero that saved the day. Surprise twist. This the third book in the series and each one gets better than the previous one. This series a wonderful read. Recommend highly.
Peggy
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always fan

as usual I enjoyed this story , and waiting for next one in series. Ms Eckhart doesn't disappoint you . You know you will get a good read with her .
ButtonsMom2003
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a review of the audiobook - this was a good story.

I enjoyed this book very much – in spite of the only adequate narration. This is the first audio I've listened to by Daniel James Lewis. I do hope that he's new to audiobook narration (I only found 5 books by him on Audible.com.) Things that wouldn't be bothersome to me if I were reading a book (like misspelling, wrong words, phrasing) I found distracting in this audiobook. Examples are the pronunciation of "scaring" as "scarring," "misch
Amy Bradley
Content note: PTSD, kidnapping, unprotected sex,

Received The Wilde Brothers the Complete Collection in a Goodreads giveaway, which contains Friendly Fire as the third story in the collection.

Gah, I am sorry, I realize this is a minor thing for most people, but once again, we have one of the brothers being described as being 6’2” - but in this case, as the tallest of them. (Page 208 from the print collection). Unless they are all the same height? (Although I thought in the last Joe was leaning do
Cynthia
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Happiness

Logan has become a sheriff of a little town. Julia moved there with her twins and open her own restaurant after her divorce. Logan accidentally shots her espresso mach when a car backfired and the machine made noise, her had a flashback. But he care about her and the girls and ends up saving one when she is taken by a teacher who has a history of stalking women under different names.
Sharon Fuhrman
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Friendly Fire

Lorhainne Eckhart has presented a very well written story in Friendly Fire. It's a predictable read in which I found the characters likeable but for me personally there was no "grab" factor.
I would st this book is an excellent beach read Nd recommend it for anyone looking for a feel good story for a quick read.
Cat
This was not exactly what I wanted at the time, I kept hoping that there would be some other plot points but most of the book was taken up by one arc. It oversimplified some emotions and plot points too much for me. Some silly romance stuff would have been nice instead of straight into the hectic madness and really only staying there. There was quite a bit more I would have loved to know.
johnanimalantics.net, Margaret G Conlan
Good Read

Lovely story. I don’t like the full blown romance scenes but was happy to find out that love blossomed between them. Just didn’t want to read the intimate details. I thought it was a really good storyline. Thank you.
Diane West
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Friendly Fire

I enjoyed reading about Logan and Julia and how they met,Julia a divorce mother of twin girls who was cheated on by their father and then there's Logan who carries scares of his own a match made in heaven .
Jangler
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ok

Its a really easy read, but the characters are two dimensional, the storyline is predictable.
There isnt much to it really.
Russ Holthaus
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable action romance

I found this on Facebook in an ad and began reading it grabbed and kept my interest at a peak. I enjoyed it tremendously.
Mary Hart
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it

not bad
Lisa
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book. Could have been deeper with more character development, but for a surface, quick read, I liked it.
Leone Wolmarans
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant suspense

I couldn’t put it down. Tomorrow is going to be a long day! Intrigue, suspense, romance and family. A must read.
Joanna
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
It was ok. Slightly predictable. I'd figured out straight away who the kidnapper was.
Kathryn  S  Horton
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read
Grace Gibbons
All feels very rushed but is a good read
Laura Hannaway
In FRIENDLY FIRE, after a roadside bomb ends his career in the marines, Logan Wilde struggles to put his life back together. When he takes a job as a sheriff in a small Idaho town, he expects a quiet, peaceful life that will bore him to tears. However, Logan hides a painful secret: He suffers from sleepless nights and flashbacks that come out of nowhere, and anything can be a trigger.

From the moment the new sheriff walks through the door of Julia Cooper's cafe, she fights the attraction between
Joan
Aug 27, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Blurb: From the moment the new sheriff walks through the door of Julia Cooper’s cafe, she fights the attraction between them, especially after Logan shoots a carafe right from her hands when he’s startled by a car backfiring in the street outside. Julia has seen that wild look before: She saw it in her father’s eyes right before he shoved a gun to his head and killed himself.

Yes. The new sheriff, in a panicked fugue, pulls out his gun and SHOOTS it, in a café. When there are innocent people ther
Jennifer F
Nov 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This was a new to me author so first book even though it's second in the series. I enjoyed this plot line, maybe a little slow in parts, but was really well written and easy to read and get into. I was not happy with the ending as it just kinda stopped and then you had to read the included novella and then the story was good. I'm not sure why that was done that way but whatever I read it and it turned out well. Logan is an ex soldier with some ptsd and Julia has twins and a jerk of an ex husband ...more
Black Butterfly
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I FELT SO BAD FOR LOGAN HE HAS SUFFERED SO MUCH, HIS TIME IN THE MARINES MAY BE OVER BUT THE TURMOIL CONTINUES IN HIS MIND. HE’S A VERY GOOD LOOKING GUY BUT HE CAN ALSO BE A VERY SCARY DUDE. HE’S SO SEXY SO MAYBE YOU COULD OVERLOOK THE SCARY PART, I BET HE CAN REALLY ROCK A GIRL’S WORLD. A LITTLE PREDICTABLE BUT A GOOD READ I REALLY ENJOYED IT. SMALL TOWN LIVE NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME IT’S JUST A COMPACT BIG CITY. ;D
THIS ALSO HAS A BONUS NOVELLA AT THE “END NOT QUITE MARRIED” A LITTLE REPETATIVE
Dee Cash
Aug 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Pretty good for a romance novel.

Lorraine Eckhart's writing is good. I just don't enjoy romance novels that much. I guess I'm too old and have been disappointed too many times to believe in love ever after ". Howe errors this review is not about me. The story of Logan Wilde and Julia has it's romantic moments as well as it's hard times. All problems can't always be solved.
Nelta
Aug 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book but it felt rushed and although I liked the characters more development would have enhanced the storyline....Julia and Logan have a whirlwind romance and both have their share of problems going into this relationship.
Michelle
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Logan and Julia. I was bothered by Julia throughout the book, especially in the bonus short story at the end. She was just irritating. Logan suffered from PTSD, but I felt that it was not addressed properly.
Linda Zelinsky
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book because of the suspense in it. Loved how Logan pursued Julia and how his determination to be with her. This story was interesting and now looking forward to the next story in the series.
Mrs. Kelly Pfleiderer
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good read

I think the bonus short story could just have been in the book. Other than that its a good easy read
Sue
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good Book

Friendly fire is a smooth, interesting read. The characters and plot seem to be thoroughly thought out. It is a promising start to the series.
Cindy
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Kristy Halseth
Good story, but too short. There is so much potential here that I'm marking it down for wasted opportunity. Glad I got it as a Bookbub bargain for free.

• Task Force Bride (The Precinct: Task Force, #5; The Precinct #21)
  • Faith, Honor & Freedom (Fighting for Freedom #2)
  • Breaking Beau (Rock Hard, #2)
  • First Taste of Darkness
  • Deadly Target (The IAD Agency Series Book 3)
  • The Bad Boy's Biggest Mistake (The Law Castle Bad Boys #3)
  • Skin (Broken But... Mending #1)
  • Her Master Defender (Masters Men, #1)
  • Once Upon a Time in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #8)
  • Moosed Up  (Wild Men of Alaska, #2)
  • Code Name: Nina's Choice (A Warrior's Challenge, #3)
  • Midnight Quest (Men of Midnight, #4.5)
  • Soul Possession
  • NOT A BOOK: Hasty Resolution
  • The Sweet Surrender of Janet Buchanan (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs, #2.5)
  • Blindsided (Titanium Security #6)
  • The Sheriff's Woman
  • Embattled Christmas (Lost and Found #3.7)
With flawed strong characters, characters you can relate to, New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author Lorhainne Eckhart writes the kind of books she wants to read. She is frequently a Top 100 bestselling author in multiple genres, and her second book ever published, The Forgotten Child, is no exception. With close to 900 reviews on Amazon, translated into German and French, this book was ...more

The Wilde Brothers (5 books)
  • The One (The Wilde Brothers, #1)
  • A Matter of Trust (The Wilde Brothers #3)
  • Traded (The Wilde Brothers, #4)
  • Unforgiven (The Wilde Brothers, #5)